AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-04, 05:14   Link #321
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Yeah it's gonna be fun. Oh and guys don't forget to preload episode 2 it's like 5gbs.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 22:28   Link #322
Marly
>AS

I'm at a position where I can't exactly decide whether I want to wait for a game that possibly might never come out, or go back to PSO2JP only to return to the USA version to grind from point zero again when it does come out.

I wish SoA (Or SoJ if they're responsible) would just tell people what is going on with the localization process.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:50   Link #323
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Yeah there's definitely something fishy going on, maybe they feel that the market in the US is already over-saturated with f2p games or something. The lack of any info is the killer though, I don't care whose "fault" it is, I just wish someone with actual insight in the matter would tell us what's up. It seems almost like they're pushing their English fans to the JP version.
Old 2013-07-08, 05:21   Link #324
Sides

Asian version news: sourced bumped.org/psublog (original source famitsu.com)
Basically sums it up, if there is a western release it will be localised and trimmed to suit the western market.
So the delay might be caused due to the fact that they are reworking parts to make it more western, find suitable permanent casts for voice-overs (story is still expanding) and other stuff, to make it work in the western market, like finding ad sponsors, replacing gameguard(?) and what not.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 19:56   Link #325
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Asian version news: sourced bumped.org/psublog (original source famitsu.com)
Basically sums it up, if there is a western release it will be localised and trimmed to suit the western market.
So the delay might be caused due to the fact that they are reworking parts to make it more western, find suitable permanent casts for voice-overs (story is still expanding) and other stuff, to make it work in the western market, like finding ad sponsors, replacing gameguard(?) and what not.
This kind of thing really doesn't make sense to me. It's an asian MMO series. Those of us that want to play it know this and you aren't going to attract that many new players if any because you gutted a lot to make it more western seeming.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 20:18   Link #326
Marly
>AS

I think it's pretty common knowledge that a lot of the people in charge of game development really doesn't know what the fans want.
Old 2013-07-08, 21:27   Link #327
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
I think it's pretty common knowledge that a lot of the people in charge of game development really doesn't know what the fans want.
Well that's pretty much true. They could honestly just add like 5 or 6 servers to the jp ones and declare them the "foreign servers" and then start actually accepting foreign credit cards again instead of making all the foreign players they know they have jump through hurdles to give them money.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-07-09, 02:50   Link #328
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
This kind of thing really doesn't make sense to me. It's an asian MMO series. Those of us that want to play it know this and you aren't going to attract that many new players if any because you gutted a lot to make it more western seeming.
Hmm actually it is still an ongoing thing these days, despite the internet bringing the world together since the early 90s. Instead of promoting and embracing cultural differences, companies have been pretty stubborn and have opt to adapt games, and other media, see anime and manga, to the local markets.
I do think that a lot of japanese companies don't get it that people are interested in their games, mainly because they are interested in their difference approach to game design and story telling. But you cannot blame it just to the japanese based companies, just look how differently the age rating boards in all regions score the submitted products. In NA you get a higher age rating for showing exposed human parts and other natural stuff, but showing virtual violence against virtual humans is ok. In a difference region you have the opposite thing going on, aso.
But yeah just make the japanese server international would make everyone happy. I mean even in PSO was a game that brought people from all nations together to play with and against each other, it is kind of sad seeing how the internet and online gaming have made a huge step backwards, region locking, restriction aso. I blame it on national governments trying to control the internet and the yellow press who do their jobs too well in scaring people about everything.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:37   Link #329
Marly
>AS

I'm sure the superior Nippon race wouldn't accept baka gaijins like us if there was an international server for this game.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:48   Link #330
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

You'd be surprised; most of the JP players are really friendly and open to the idea of playing with foreigners. More so to foreigners who make an attempt at communicating with them in JP (tit for tat).

They only get really uppity when baka gaijins mess things up (for example, Dark Falz equests with gaijins just whaling on Falz in VH).

At least, that was how things were when I played.
Old 2013-07-11, 03:43   Link #331
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I haven't really met an unfriendly JP player, they've always been very polite, even when I'm asked to leave so their friend can join. I'd play with JP players over NA anyway.
Old 2013-07-11, 04:22   Link #332
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Their unfailing politeness is just awesome. In my experience, doing enough VH runs for rare weapon drops with various JP players for several weeks got me enough brownie points that I was often asked to join in rare hunts of theirs even when I got my own (back when Tsukuyomi was one of the rarest wands).
Old 2013-07-12, 05:43   Link #333
Sides

Just a reminder, episode two will be launched next week. So if you want the free extra character slots, you might want to begin the game now. Not sure if people after the EP2 launch will get the extra additional character pass.

Warning: the additional character pass sounds like the thing you can pay for at the moment, so deleting that character means you lose the slot. Only your first character can be rerolled infinitely without paying, additional ones not! (unless this is being changed in EP2)
Old 2013-07-12, 10:50   Link #334
Xacual

Quote:
Just a reminder, episode two will be launched next week. So if you want the free extra character slots, you might want to begin the game now. Not sure if people after the EP2 launch will get the extra additional character pass.

Warning: the additional character pass sounds like the thing you can pay for at the moment, so deleting that character means you lose the slot. Only your first character can be rerolled infinitely without paying, additional ones not! (unless this is being changed in EP2)
Are you sure about this? I heard everyone gets a second slot, people that already have more than one slot are receiving a pass instead.

Also maintenance will be 4pm to 11pm EST instead of the normal time.

Old 2013-07-12, 14:46   Link #335
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Are you sure about this? I heard everyone gets a second slot, people that already have more than one slot are receiving a pass instead
From my understanding is that only people who have been playing before episode two will get a free additional character ticket, not slot, but i could be wrong.
Basically what i get from sega's statement is, it work pretty much like the all resets tickets, which are issued if they change something or expand the skill trees. Once the ticket is used, that is it, and you only get it, if you are already playing the game. It is just done to enable all people to get the chance to play as dumen. Because new players starting with ep2 got the chance to make their character as a duman, it is highly likely that they won't get the ticket.
Old 2013-07-17, 00:20   Link #336
Sides

@Xacual you were right. It is actually an additional character slot, that you can re-roll again like the first one. Just tried it myself, unless the order makes a difference.
Old 2013-07-17, 04:12   Link #337
Xacual

It doesn't. I think you only get the free extra slot though if you had an account before this maintenance.

Old 2013-07-17, 04:27   Link #338
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Sweet. Time to try and see if my account is still alive after months of hiatus.
Old 2013-07-17, 16:06   Link #339
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@Xacual you were right. It is actually an additional character slot, that you can re-roll again like the first one. Just tried it myself, unless the order makes a difference.
Which means that if you are unhappy with your dewman reroll, you can actually delete it and still have the slot? Interesting to know.

Anyway, reached lvl31 braver with my primary char. The new class is actually fine although unsuitable for sub slot. I'm a bit surprised that there are only 6 different PA for the Katana and the Bow, but at least it is more balanced, than the other weapons PA.
Old 2013-07-18, 00:04   Link #340
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Cripes. Trying to update to the latest version is a major pain in the ass. Doesn't help that the launcher doesn't keep track of my downloaded files and has to start from scratch.

Tags
pc-windows