AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-16, 16:12   Link #81
U<3Anime
Boo!

LOL yea holy sh*t Masuru's mom is extremely young. She's more like his sister than his mom, like its unbelieveable. For now, i only like this show because of Agumon I can't really remember what the old agumon was like, but i think the new has a better personality
Old 2006-04-16, 21:18   Link #82
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sayuri-san is one naive and airheaded mom. She immediately takes a liking to Agumon as her other child into the household and feeds him along with Masaru and Chika, discounting that previously was a freak lizard snuck into home by Masaru and scared off Chika.

Then, Chika comments that both Masaru and Yoshino stop arguing like a married couple, which irritates them both.

Anyways, episode three marks the start of the Masaru and Tohma rivalry, which reminds me to that of Naruto and Sasuke.

Masaru is the reckless, brash, and heastrong guy that chooses to take action with his fists and live up to his word.

On the other hand, Tohma is objective and analytical of the circumstances to choose the most effective method to counter any threat with minimum casualties.

Masaru does the foolish to show off or be the center of attention, while Tohma gets the job done fullfilling his orders as requested to do so.

The classic dropout versus genius fight among boys, spiced even more with digimon partners owning their proper individualities.

The carefree, lax Agumon and the focused, reserved Gaomon.

I'm starting to like more the soundtrack with each episode, and this episode proves that Masaru is not all brawn.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 12:18   Link #83
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode four.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2007-03-19 at 11:12. Reason: Link to that website expired.
Old 2006-04-23, 13:33   Link #84
Haseo
The Terror Of Death

Location: Hell, North Carolina, United States of the Shitty America
Send a message via AIM to Haseo Send a message via MSN to Haseo
The Digivice in Digimon Savers, reminds me of a FanFic me and my friend worked on. How the Digimon could be stored, but the digivice could aso detect others, and had other useful things that could be used but were only by chance most of the time.

Touma and Masaru's relationship seems like the classic rivalry. They'll end up pretty much getting along to some level, most likely. This season seems more interesting and far better then the last.

Agumon seems to be pretty much the same, always wanting food. Agumon was always the favorite in Digimon, with people I knew. But I always loved Matt(English name) and Gabumon. I like the character of Masaru but like the digimon Gaomon better.

Let's see how this one turns out, eh
Haseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 23:12   Link #85
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

For episode there was the best in cool action fights and beatings so far.

Agumon and the other digimon partners were able to put up a good fight with no need to digivolve right away nor the situation turning messy that forced them to do so.

This season strangely more and more evoke elements from Pokemon, for example, like the Digivice IC has the capability to store digimon and low-level evolved Digimon are given more attacks in their repertoire.
If I remember that in the first Digimon Adventure, Agumon could only use Baby Flame while Greymon had Mega Flame. Right now in Savers, Agumon surprises with its Baby Burner and GeoGreymon has also the Mega Burner, which animate the effects of its head burning to red heat before unleashing the scorching ball of flame.
Check out Lalamon's sleeping song, as it was just too cute listening to.

For this season, the wild Digimon are most wayward Digimon that stumble into the material world by accident and have no clue where they are. This assumption could be evidenced by Drimogemon's reaction once into the human world. As also Savers pulls out the following concept for wild Digimon reacting to human emotions, particularly despair and anger for digivolving or increasing their size.

The Drimogemon for episode four once coming to the human world was about the size of a St. Bernard dog, and reacting to the thieves fear it increased nearly to the size of a GeoGreymon.

Finally, I liked the episode ending in a cliffhanger about Tohma going alone to the digital world because he and Masaru's excessive clashing caused Drimogemon escaping via a digital gate portal.
And judging by their reaction it meant bad news, as it implies that captured digimon by DATS must be reverted to digieggs in order to be returned back into the digital world via the harmonizer machine.

What could happen if wild Digimon go back to the Digital World in their current form and not as digieggs?
Old 2006-04-26, 01:32   Link #86
U<3Anime
Boo!

Masaru and Touma's friendship kind of reminds of naruto, but i don't think Touma would go down to the path of evil lol. Also isn't the new agumon and gabumon just x agumon and x gabumon? I think agumon with x-antibody also has the red strap thing.
Old 2006-04-26, 01:37   Link #87
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime
Masaru and Touma's friendship kind of reminds of naruto, but i don't think Touma would go down to the path of evil lol. Also isn't the new agumon and gabumon just x agumon and x gabumon? I think agumon with x-antibody also has the red strap thing.
That's a normal Agumon and Gaomon, A new Digimon that looks like Digimon kidnapped him from Sonic teh Hedgehog.
Old 2006-04-26, 01:37   Link #88
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
For episode there was the best in cool action fights and beatings so far.

This season strangely more and more evoke elements from Pokemon, for example, like the Digivice IC has the capability to store digimon and low-level evolved Digimon are given more attacks in their repertoire.
If I remember that in the first Digimon Adventure, Agumon could only use Baby Flame while Greymon had Mega Flame. Right now in Savers, Agumon surprises with its Baby Burner and GeoGreymon has also the Mega Burner, which animate the effects of its head burning to red heat before unleashing the scorching ball of flame.
Check out Lalamon's sleeping song, as it was just too cute listening to.
Guess, the animators are not as lazy as before . Thats why they dont show the same attack over and over again. I only remember mega digimons that actually use more than 1 attack in the show.(correct me if im wrong) Like, how wargreymon has the spirit bomb thing and the drill attack, while metal garurumon has the missles attack and frozen breath thing.
Old 2006-04-26, 02:17   Link #89
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Episode 4 was a better episdoes than the rest. At least it didn't end with GeoGreymon solving any problems. I like the rivalry between Masaru and Tohma, but they eventually will become great pals anyway, thus give born to a new Omegamon
Old 2006-04-26, 21:26   Link #90
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO
Episode 4 was a better episdoes than the rest. At least it didn't end with GeoGreymon solving any problems. I like the rivalry between Masaru and Tohma, but they eventually will become great pals anyway, thus give born to a new Omegamon
I'm hoping that it'll be x omegamon
Old 2006-04-26, 21:42   Link #91
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime
I'm hoping that it'll be x omegamon
It won't be, as that is Wargreymon X + Metalgarurumon X, not Shinegreymon + Miragegaogamon.
Old 2006-04-29, 19:57   Link #92
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode five recently aired.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2007-03-19 at 11:13. Reason: Link to that website expired.
Old 2006-04-30, 00:20   Link #93
jpwong

I think we should expect parallels to both Digimon Adventure 02 and Digimon Tamers in with what you'll possibly see in Digimon Savers.

I mean, in 02, where they could easily go between the two places, you didn't see many episodes where they spent more than 1 episode in the digital world before returning to the real world.
Old 2006-04-30, 01:54   Link #94
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I rewatched episode four but this time the fansub thanks to WtW, and many of the questions formed on at the time I watched the RAW first are cleared now, which brings me to formulate some interesting hypothesis.

Theory #1 (It's theory, therefore, not 100% truth)
Spoiler:

Theory #2
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-07, 01:31   Link #95
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A week late for the fifth episode discussion.

The Digital World is almost unknown and hasn't been explored thoroughly yet. Agumon reveals to Masaru that it has never been to the Digital World, but spent its life in DATS instead.

I presume that the other Digimon at DATS, except for Kudamon, were brought into the Human World as digi eggs then borned to be trained under DATS jurisdiction and becoming members of the taskforce.

The Digital World in Savers reminds me much to Frontier's filled with a diverse ecosystem and Tamers, made up of Digital circuitry making the textures blocky on the surfaces; it could be that Savers' Digital World is also made of layers like Tamers'.

The feud between Masaru and Tohma ended. Tohma acknowledges Masaru's sheer will of spirit, that guide them out of Drimogemon's labyrinth trap. In fact, Masaru's cunning earned them a tide turning from Drimogemon's turf advantage to the Colisseum's turf where both GeoGreymon and Gaogamon could take advantage of the crystal landscape.

Don't know for sure why Drimogemon evolved into a Digmon, as it never happens in the card game. There was something maybe radioactive inside the crystal colisseum that forced Drimogemon to evolve.
Low-level Digimon are increasing their mass before evolving.

One last thing. After four episodes, another nostalgic element from the Digimon series returns in Savers: a narrator's voice giving account of Tohma's and Masaru's clash in the previous episode.

Episode six.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2007-03-19 at 11:13. Reason: Link to that website expired.
Old 2006-05-08, 01:04   Link #96
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thumbs up An awesome sixth episode.

This was an awesome episode that allowed us to see different kind of stuff.

According to conversations exchanged between Agumon, Gaomon, and Lalamon, the latter two also have their share of fighting with their Tamers.
This has been the first time since Tamers that Digimon partners actually talked their own frustrations and troubles with other Digimon partners.

The old man is a mystery that could possibly unlock an unknown plot device for a future episode. Masaru always happens to cross paths with the oldie at his most desperate times. Besides, the old man talks in cryptic messages relating to the problems that both Masaru and Agumon are passing through and not only ones relating with their duties but also for their individual frustrations.
Spoiler:

Masaru's stubborness and manly pride is quite getting on my nerves, however, I could think of that the old man is trying to guide Masaru to look within himself that it is okay to rely on partners who the teen can be sure to trust.
Spoiler:

In this season Digimon at all levels are now supercharged. The unevolved and low-level Rookies can now deal a lot damage and chaos.
The Elecmon's psychotic eyes were just outright insane.
Spoiler:

The theme for this episode was to focus about Masaru and Agumon strengthening their friendship through the ordeal they put themselves to against each other.
Spoiler:

Best music ever played for this episode, specially when BlackGarurumon cornered Masaru, and the boy reflected how he and Agumon are special team combination.

I give it a ten for the despair and frustration factors at the emotional level, and also for establishing a couple of plot points.

P.S. I have an only complain for Sunflowmon's voice is just plain awful in contrast to the cute voice of Lalamon.

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/5074/squish2rl.jpg
Sayaku nanidesu kedo!!

Wonder what my poor Lalamon said to piss off Yoshino?
Kowaisou!!ops:
Old 2006-05-08, 02:53   Link #97
monster

How did Drimogemon evolve into Digmon, I thought Digmon evolves from Armadillomon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I have an only complain for Sunflowmon's voice is just plain awful in contrast to the cute voice of Lalamon.
I don't know about the Japanese version, but I thought the English voice for that cactus-like digimon in the first season was quite awful, though understandable I guess seeing what she is, in comparison to her rookie voice.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 05:16   Link #98
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
How did Drimogemon evolve into Digmon, I thought Digmon evolves from Armadillomon?
Slide evolution? Mutant evolution?

Or my theory that every Digimon evolves a different way in each dimension...
Old 2006-05-08, 07:50   Link #99
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
The way I understand it, Digmon is Drimogemon's natural evolution path (possibly one of the natural evo options, via the digibattle card game). You can only get drimogemon from armadillomon using digimetals
Old 2006-05-09, 10:35   Link #100
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I watched it, and I loved the first episode ... blogged!!!one
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon, toei