Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-31, 11:57   Link #21
zephi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouhitori View Post
Then, it might mean Special Investigation Unit (Team) A - Part Time

arubaito is often shortened as baito, I think.

And the way they write the whole thing it is :
Special Investigation Unit (in kanji) A-baito (the dash can indicate a long A, or a real dash, not sure).
Yeah baito is shorted or arubaito. Someone told me that Aabaito can also be used.
So I'm assuming the title is "Part-Time Special Investigation Unit".
Old 2007-05-26, 01:12   Link #22
mugener

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kyoanibon

this project will process per month from now on

the new issue just out
Old 2007-05-26, 02:10   Link #23
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kyoanibon

this project will process per month from now on

the new issue just out
That comic with the loli, best manga ever. In fact best magazine ever. Can KyoAni do no wrong.
Old 2007-05-27, 23:32   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
...Can KyoAni do no wrong.
Can KyoAni do no right? People are allowed to be enthusiastic if they want to be.

Complete speculation: I wonder if they're doing these side projects as a way of developing or keeping more staff, so they can do more big projects? It does seem strange to do anything that might delay Haruhi2, since any new series should push up sales of the old series and its goods as well. I noticed at the beginning of March they were advertising on their home page for more staff, for some reason. Maybe because Yamamoto had underestimated his requirements for Lucky Star? Maybe for these side projects?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-28, 01:25   Link #25
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Some things can work both ways, probably as a way to show to the general anime community that KyoAni can do something other than adaptions of anything (their last few animes have been adaptions). Also, with the expansion for staff, they can be pushing for something more than what they are currently doing.
Old 2007-05-28, 02:18   Link #26
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Can KyoAni do no right? People are allowed to be enthusiastic if they want to be.

Complete speculation: I wonder if they're doing these side projects as a way of developing or keeping more staff, so they can do more big projects? It does seem strange to do anything that might delay Haruhi2, since any new series should push up sales of the old series and its goods as well. I noticed at the beginning of March they were advertising on their home page for more staff, for some reason. Maybe because Yamamoto had underestimated his requirements for Lucky Star? Maybe for these side projects?
I'm only teasing those who elevate them to god status (to me they are just good, not the undisputed best, nobody is the undisputed best. Every studio has strengths and weaknesses, fanboys and detractors etc). I like to tease, it's ingrained in my personality and Kyoto Animation is a good target for lampooning these days.

Of course they can do right though, and they've been reaching out more to my interests lately even though it might be costing them a bit of their bases stalwart support, so I'm warming up to them. Their stuff is a guilty pleasure to me. Not serious enough to be a favourite like Legend of The Galactic Heroes, Gundam or assorted Bones/Sunrise/Gonzo series, but good enough to fill out the other tier of my viewership quite nicely.

Though I plan to avoid Clannad like the plague when it comes out as I have no interest in seeing yet another Key story. Hopefully it's the last for like 5 years and they can do this original project or Haruhi MK II or whatever. Either way they aren't going to score any new points with me for Clannad, but they won't lose any since I won't be watching. HA!

Does anybody find that the girl on the cover of the E-Magazine looks like Rizelmine?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-28 at 02:38.
Old 2007-05-28, 07:13   Link #27
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
I'm only teasing those who elevate them to god status (to me they are just good, not the undisputed best, nobody is the undisputed best. Every studio has strengths and weaknesses, fanboys and detractors etc). I like to tease, it's ingrained in my personality and Kyoto Animation is a good target for lampooning these days.
Of course, if you "teased" other animation companies as much as you do KyoAni, many wouldn't have batted an eye at you in the first place....ah, well. Whatever.
Old 2007-05-28, 14:57   Link #28
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...Their stuff is a guilty pleasure to me. Not serious enough to be a favourite like Legend of The Galactic Heroes, Gundam or assorted Bones/Sunrise/Gonzo series, but good enough to fill out the other tier of my viewership quite nicely....
I think it's easy to confuse acting serious with being serious. I think SHnY is more serious, in the true sense, than any show I can remember by any of those other companies [Edit: I just thought of Planetes, which Sunrise was involved with; it comes close.] Not serious in a rational way, perhaps, but in an emotional, human way. Ichigo Mashimaro is both the best comedy anime I know of and one of the most serious anime I know. It sometimes touches the heart of what it means to be human. "Serious" stories often seem rather shallow to me, emotionally. Just sequences of events, and characters that amass dry "character" points. I can't feel the personalities, sometimes. But I can understand how it is possible to see things in the opposite, perhaps more "rational," way.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-28 at 16:48.
Old 2007-05-28, 20:58   Link #29
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Bah, I still think people are reading far more into what I see as essentially a facetious moe anime than what was put in there in the first place, when it comes to Ichigo Mashimaro. Cute? Yes. Funny? At times. Deep? Not really.

But I don't understand this studio bias anyway. Can't people see studios objectively, compliment them when they deserve it and criticize them when they do subpar work?...

...Gainax sucks, Gainax sucks, Gainax sucks.
Old 2007-05-28, 22:45   Link #30
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Bah, I still think people are reading far more into what I see as essentially a facetious moe anime than what was put in there in the first place, when it comes to Ichigo Mashimaro. Cute? Yes. Funny? At times. Deep? Not really....
I'm not denying it's a funny moe anime. What I see as deep is the way the characters' foibles are constantly shown and constantly shown to be unimportant. We laugh with them more than we laugh at them. I find that quite liberating. Cosmic laughter. "Oh, so we're that stupid and weak? Oh, well. Let's laugh rather than cry." I do think that this is part of what Barasui is thinking as he draws the manga. He has made similar self-ridiculing comments about himself, as I recall. Anyway, it's hilarious and deep for me. Your mileage may vary.
Old 2007-05-28, 23:10   Link #31
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I class it more as a human foibles comedy, I mean that was pretty much the entire plot... that "yeah I've been there" sort of thing .... "facetious moe"? heh, now you're starting to sound bitter, harsh, and crabby like me
Unfortunately, I'm sure some could categorize much of anime that way (including AzuDa, which we both adore as excellent comedy of the personalities).
Old 2007-05-29, 00:40   Link #32
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Bah, I still think people are reading far more into what I see as essentially a facetious moe anime than what was put in there in the first place, when it comes to Ichigo Mashimaro. Cute? Yes. Funny? At times. Deep? Not really.

But I don't understand this studio bias anyway. Can't people see studios objectively, compliment them when they deserve it and criticize them when they do subpar work?...

...Gainax sucks, Gainax sucks, Gainax sucks.
No. Never. It's like Video Game consoles you've got to pick one you love and one you hate, and stand by the one you love no matter what, and bash the crap out of the one you hate at any opportunity.

If you want to see this play out like an epic play go check out the Anime On My Mind blog where Jason Miao bashes Sunrise constantly and worships Haruhi and Kyoto Animation as if it were the manifestation of god itself. He's chosen his side and he will deny the truth itself to see the day through for his studio. It's people like him that are the reason why I tend to give Kyoto Animation a hard time and am extra critical towards them, like I need to pick up the slack (The reason why I always seem to be hammering them) that has been left hanging on the critical side of the equation. I mean they do make mistakes like anyone, but hardly anybody is ever there to say "Whoops, maybe they could have done this better", because they've taken that "side" and to them if their "side" makes a mistake, they are wrong and look foolish. Ultimately, I have to come out and say it when they make a mistake or I feel they could have done something a lot better, and it comes across as bitter and petty and it tends to build into something that is ultimately overkill.

Yes, I have done a lot of research, and I firmly believe that presently Kyoto Animation by far has the most fanboys who will not back down from unyielding and childish stubborness regarding the actions of the company and the idea that everything they do is flawless. These people tend to be a step below yes men.

Seriously, though Sorrow, that's what I've been trying to tell people all the time, that they should be able to support good work and criticize bad work for the sake of the companies own improvement, but it doesn't work, the staunchness of a studio fanboy is as unshakable as mountain and really it will only hold a studio back if it doesn't feel it needs to improve its work.

That is the reason behind the fact that I am critical of KyoAni. When they do something exceptional and like 30 people haven't beaten me to the punch to mention it, I tend to post about it though. If a wave of people have already said it though what's the point. That's the reason why I appear to never had anything good to say about them. So I've outed myself as to my position on Kyoto Animation. All things considered though they are damn controversial.
Old 2007-05-29, 00:49   Link #33
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
It's people like him that are the reason why I tend to give Kyoto Animation a hard time and am extra critical towards them, like I need to pick up the slack (The reason why I always seem to be hammering them) that has been left hanging on the critical side of the equation.
This sounds like the same logic people give when they spam rate a series low because they feel others might be spam rating a series too high. All hail the great equalizer?
Old 2007-05-29, 00:57   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
This sounds like the same logic people give when they spam rate a series low because they feel others might be spam rating a series too high. All hail the great equalizer?
I just prefer to talk about it. spam rating a series is like declaring some sort of war on people and I don't want to do that. I just want to highlight points, where I think criticism is warranted that nobody else seems to want to mention.

By "extra critical" I just mean more than I would normally care to mention, not that I'm digging up mud to sling at them for no reason. Normally I'd just let matters take their course, but when they don't I just like to mention things I normally wouldn't.

Why do I feel a sudden chill looking at the active user's list?
Old 2007-05-29, 01:16   Link #35
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I've liked everything I've seen from KyoAni, thus I regard them highly. Other (larger) studios generally have some hits and some misses, but I don't bag out a studio if a series is sub-par, it's generally not their fault if the story is weak or they had budget constraints, or whatever went wrong.

It's entirely possible in the future that KyoAni may do something I dislike, but so far they have been pretty great, I think. From the work they did on Gawl (when I first noticed them) to FMP: Fumoffu and TSR, and of course Air/Kanon and the upcoming Clannad.

I think it's a little sad if there are fanbois who love them simply because of Haruhi and now LuckyStar, since they're just two series out of a number they've done, and people should look at the bigger picture. But still, KyoAni have done no wrong... so far. ;D But I am a self confessed fangurl. However, just because I like all of KyoAni's work, is no reason to hate on anybody else. >.>

Still, such things happen in all walks of life. Sports teams, drinks, foods, cars, technology, always X > Y arguments. I prefer to be more objective about life in general. Though that's a matter for another time...
Old 2007-05-29, 01:19   Link #36
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think it's easy to confuse acting serious with being serious.
Spoiler for off-topic:

And um, is MUNTO 1&2 licensed or something? Since some people here seem to have seen the OVAs before, I'm kinda curious as to what its about. (Never heard of them outside this thread, actually...which is surprising considering how much hype KyoAni series generally have.)
Old 2007-05-29, 01:28   Link #37
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

That's because the Munto OVAs were made before KyoAni got popular.

My opinion of them: decent, not brilliant. Fair way to waste a couple of hours.
Closed Thread