Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-26, 23:06   Link #181
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
Ep 7 was pretty dark. I hope the rest of the series doesnt go this direction.

Nate?
I for one enjoyed episode 7. It provided a bit of momentum to the plot that many people have said was lacking. Granted, it mostly came down to techno-babble, but it is interesting (if not a bit obvious).

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon01
Couldn't agree more, but sadly I think the others here are right - he'll end up with the red-haired girl.
Oh come on - Mizuki is awesome! She's sweet, kind, cute, smart, about Mikuri's age, and has a huge crush on him... they're the perfect match! That being said, I'm still thinking that he won't end up with any one person by the end of the show.
Old 2004-02-27, 00:38   Link #182
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Oh come on - Mizuki is awesome! She's sweet, kind, cute, smart, about Mikuri's age, and has a huge crush on him... they're the perfect match! That being said, I'm still thinking that he won't end up with any one person by the end of the show.
Yeah, i get the feeling its going to be completely open ended like Hanaukyo Maids or Hand Maid May.
Old 2004-02-27, 02:22   Link #183
Seiryuu

First off, would AJ please make one correction... The term is "LOLI", not "LORI". It's a reference to an old book called "Lolita", where a guy becomes obsessed with his landlady's underage daughter. Lori doesn't have any meaning. Just thought I'd mention it.
Also, as to why the girls got so furious at Tomokazu in the beginning of ep. 5... Tomokazu didn't have a nosebleed, but he never does. However, he wasn't carrying anything, and I don't think he has back problems, so there must be some ... other... reason that he's doubled over like that. Probably the same reason he bends over again after his fantasy about the girls going to their bedrooms, to sleep ... together...in their swimsuits...(pardon while I get a tissue to stop the bleeding.) Anyway, I think the way he's standing is the key to why he got the s**t beaten out of him.
On a side note, ep 6 stalled on me, could someone reseed it so I can see what the heck you all are talking about? I'd appreciate it.
Old 2004-02-27, 13:15   Link #184
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hey, episode 7 was great. It was a little "dark" as go-lytely put, but this episode finally gives the series a little direction. Not that it needed. The series was already enjoyable. I guess the animators are setting up the conclusion and this episode can serve as a platform. Nice hypothesis there Relentlessflame. The series most likely will end up with a happy ending; so Mikuri most likely ends up with everyone. No loosers, no winners. Reminds me of Photon.
Old 2004-02-27, 13:42   Link #185
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
for a plot-heavy ep, episode 7 really didnt do much. They still have to fight Faydoom or whatever in order to save mankind, but now they know why. I didnt really get all of it since, well, AJ sucks with translations :P
Old 2004-02-27, 15:16   Link #186
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I wouldn't call ep.7 dark, but at least it has some more plot development than previous episodes...

I still absolutely love Tomokazu's personality, since it seems he's more and more like me now
Old 2004-02-27, 16:26   Link #187
CelestiaLegends

:P Another series that saves the world! Well ok I havn't seen one in awhile, oh well yumeria's great :P

About the Loli and Lori thing, I don't think there's a La-set of sylabbles in japanese, so maybe they used ri instead? (then it's be Rori...lol :P) just a guess :P
Old 2004-02-27, 16:31   Link #188
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestiaLegends
:P Another series that saves the world! Well ok I havn't seen one in awhile, oh well yumeria's great :P

About the Loli and Lori thing, I don't think there's a La-set of sylabbles in japanese, so maybe they used ri instead? (then it's be Rori...lol :P) just a guess :P
The katakana is RORI, that's true. But the fact that AJ actually writes it as "rori" or "lori" shows that they don't seem to know what it is...
Old 2004-02-27, 16:36   Link #189
Kensuke

Ep. 7 was darker and revealed more about plot than any of the previous episodes, and also I hope that Yumeria takes this direction... as long as there is at least some fanservice, most likely there will be.

Just a thought... Maybe Nanase has same kind of split personality like Neneko (assuming that Silk is Nanase) since in real world she is always happy, but in dream world she is more serious and she has different voice.

EDIT: spelling...
Old 2004-02-28, 00:55   Link #190
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Well...

now we know why Neneko was all freaked out at the middle of ep.2 after Nate was standing on the lampost...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-03, 02:49   Link #191
Go-lytely

Ep 8 another plot mover. We find a little more about Kuyo's past and for some reason they are still trying to hide Nanase's identity from Mikuri. There were some great injokes for anime fans in there from Laputa to I think a series by Leiji Matsumoto. Ep 9 looks to go back to the funside with Mizuki wearing bunny ears and some guy that looks like he came out of the Monopoly game.
Old 2004-03-03, 03:11   Link #192
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
There were some great injokes for anime fans in there from Laputa to I think a series by Leiji Matsumoto.
Actually, that is a late 1970s anime/manga "Space Adventure Cobra," written by Terasawa Buichi. If you get a chance, you should see the movie where Cobra goes out against Crystal Boy. It is amazing how much detail the makers put into effort to make this anime - especially the backgrounds which are breathtaking...even for 1970s.

The writer for "Yumeria," - Mr. Kuroda Yosuke was a very big fan of Cobra when he was watching this back then.
Old 2004-03-03, 03:25   Link #193
CelestiaLegends

Spoiler:

Also the pic with mone:

http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/celestialegends/

Just wondering if it's any good ^_^
Old 2004-03-03, 20:11   Link #194
brightman
Ancient Member

Some useful thing I noticed this episode... Neneko apparently has purple eyes while Nate has green eyes... That's a good thing to pay attention to if you're confused about what Neneko's personality is at the moment.
Old 2004-03-04, 01:10   Link #195
Auriacan
Anime-Vault Encoder

i just wish i could get my group together to actualy release yumeria... one thing after another has been preventing us from doing so...
Old 2004-03-04, 17:13   Link #196
7thMethuselah

Yeah it seems the story is developing

Spoiler:

PS The "body language" part was hilarious it really freaked me out .

PPS Another moment of utter cuteness in the series whenNate tries to lure the cat in taking the cookie at the end.

Yumeria is really becoming one of my favorites: comedy, ecchi and so kawaiii (the finger thingie in the OP is so cute) i love it
Old 2004-03-04, 17:48   Link #197
CelestiaLegends

YES! I know what you mean about the finger thing. *does the finger thing*

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-04, 22:53   Link #198
corp20
Internet God

AnimeJunkies I was wondering if you will come out with a version 2 of the 7th eps? I downloaded it and I didn't notice at first but the video seemed well long horizonal. Or am I crazy? Did any one else notice this? (not bitching to AnimeJunkies but I want to know.)
Old 2004-03-04, 23:21   Link #199
spudman

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
AnimeJunkies I was wondering if you will come out with a version 2 of the 7th eps? I downloaded it and I didn't notice at first but the video seemed well long horizonal. Or am I crazy? Did any one else notice this? (not bitching to AnimeJunkies but I want to know.)
I use a 16:9 display, so I noticed the weird size straight away. Seems they used an odd resolution for that one when compared to the rest. I just forced the aspect ratio for playback and it looked fine after that.
Old 2004-03-05, 02:01   Link #200
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudman
I use a 16:9 display, so I noticed the weird size straight away. Seems they used an odd resolution for that one when compared to the rest. I just forced the aspect ratio for playback and it looked fine after that.
I had the same issue, I ended up going into VLC's preferences and forcing it to go 16:9, then it looked fine. It's strange it was only a problem for ep7, ep8 had the normal 16:9 aspect ratio again without having to force it to be.
Closed Thread