AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-20, 03:37   Link #21761
Alhazad2003

@Chris38

Trust me, the last thing I want is for Alucard to awaken during the rescue mission. As I said, if it happens during the arc, game over. And there's so many ways it could happen, it's nerve-wracking. Akihisa definitely has a flair for the dramatic, as we're seeing in this arc. Though, as you theorized earlier, if it goes the same way the final battle against Hokuto did (which it pretty much is) Alucard won't completely awaken, and the group will be able to complete their mission without him to worry about. As you said, they've got too much already.

And man, if Moka does become an outcast of vampire society, that's gonna be rough. And will it include Issa as well, because unless revealed otherwise, it's a good guess he's still alive, just incapacitated in some form or another. Poor Moka.

And forget the third year, they've still got to get through the rest of the second year. Will the Masked King retaliate if the group does free Moka? And what of Miyabi and his fun friends, will they just let Tsukune take Moka? I'm thinking either they'd nab Moka after Akuha goes down (which would suck because it would mean all of Tsukune's training was for naught); or Miyabi will possibly fake his own death, like during his inevitable grudge match against Gyokuro. Yeah, it's not gonna be pretty, not by a longshot.

And oh gosh, I have a terrifying idea. What if it's not the Masked King who strikes at Tsukune's family, but Issa? I doubt the Japanese vampires would really care, if they deem what Moka did a "travesty." Man, that's a lot to think about, we'll soon see if it does come to pass. Until then...

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2012-02-21 at 18:55.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 08:34   Link #21762
Chris38

@Alhazad2003

Trust me, I agree with you on the matter of Alucard, and I think it's the best to drop that particular part of our discussions, at least until some new information is brought on this topic, since otherwise we would be basically going in circles, discussing things that we already brought up before...

After all, I don't actually remember how many times we have returned to that particular topic - one thing I'm sure that it has definitely been a lot, and at the moment I doubt that we can bring something "fresh" to that topic

On the topic of Moka becoming an outcast among her race, I see a strong possibility that it's actually going to occur soon...

After all despite not agreeing on some matters that her family is doing it still remains a fact that they still have a strong influence on Moka's actions, which I doubt is a good thing for someone who's destiny is to change the entire world, in my opinion, shouldn't be affected by one of the major powers living in the R+V
universe - not to mention that Moka becoming an outcast,might lessen her vampire pride a little bit, making her more likely to acknowledge her feelings for Tsukune.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 10:10   Link #21763
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, an outcast...but she's already lived apart from her family and other youkai for so long as it is, it would be almost useless to cut her off again, at least it would for me.

And while she does love her sisters, she'd drop any one of them in a heartbeat if they threatened Tsukune. ...well, maybe not a heartbeat but she's not going to let them attack him with her there.
Old 2012-02-20, 10:24   Link #21764
Soji

I think that Chris38 mean something like...they don't call her Sister anymore. something different from the first time that Kuhala is appear.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 10:44   Link #21765
Tachibana
タチバナ

We know that if Akasha were here than she would help out Moka and Tsukune when it came to the vampire society, I'd also like to think that Issa would to, but it might not be as easy for Tsukune we all know that he has to pass a test in order to gain Issa's approval to marry his daughter, but I'm looking forward to seeing Issa again. I seriously doubt he's dead but I agree with Alhazad2003 that he's incapacitated somewhere.
Old 2012-02-23, 05:23   Link #21766
Alhazad2003

Chris38

I know, we've come to that so many times it's hard not to discuss it.

Okay, so let's focus ion the upcoming grudge match between Tsukune and Kuyou. The latter's got around a year and a half of angst he plans to unleash on our hero, how will Tsukune fare against the kitsune. I can foresee Kuyou gaining a huge advantage, though not quite killing him. Before that, he send a projection of the brawl to Alucard's lair, and proclaims: "Watch now, Moka Akashiya, watch now as the one who tried to save you dies by my hands. But you won't have long weep, for soon you'll be joining him, IN HELL! Coexistence, ha! It's nothing more than a Fairy Tale! AHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!" Don't mind me, I can see him doing it, since he hates them so much.

And yeah, Moka won't be able to accomplish her destiny if she's still under her family's thumb. They'll want her to do things their way. And without Akasha, she'll have no means to placate them. Won't that be a blow to Ura-chan's ego, and hopefully, as you said earlier, convinces her to be more honest about her feelings. And hopefully Tsukune can show her that love is not a weakness. I really can't wait for the next chapter, and it comes out Saturday, if not the next one. Until then...
Old 2012-02-23, 08:59   Link #21767
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I don't think Tsukune has any idea of Kuyou's power either since he was taken out right from the start and he doesn't remember what he did when he got 'vamped' the first time. Unless the others told him about how strong Kuyou was.
Old 2012-02-23, 15:11   Link #21768
Tachibana
タチバナ

This will be a good upcoming fight, time for Tsukune to show the cocky fox his proper place.
Old 2012-02-23, 16:04   Link #21769
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I don't even remember if the guy frequents this thread anymore, but with Kuyou coming back, I just have to take one shot...

Kyero Fox, your evil twin brother is back...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 12:09   Link #21770
Chris38

Well, regarding the fight between Kuyou and Tsukune, one thing that I'm sure about is that this particular battle is going to take some time...

After all, if Kuyou's purpose, was only to show how much progress Tsukune has made (which I don't think is his only purpose, but at the moment, I don't want to return to that topic), then he is definitely not going to be an opponent that would require only a single attack from Tsukune to knock him down...

As for Alhazad2003 idea that Kuyou would show the results of his battle to the place where Moka is currently located - along with the moment, where Tsukune's powers go out of control, while I believe that such an scenario has a possibility of occurring, I believe that a scenario where Moka is going to feel what is happening to Tsukune, through her mental bond with him...

The reason why I think that such an scenario has more chances of occurring, rather then what Alhazad2003 proposed is well, the fact that if something like that occurs, we would have even more similarities between the current arc and the arc in the first season where the fight against Hokuto took place... I mean that, as you probably remember Moka was able to "feel" that Tsukune is in danger, during the fight between Hokuto and Tsukune, and this time she might "see" what happens to Tsukune when his powers would go out of control, during his fight with Kuyou (naturally assuming that my earlier speculations are actually going to occur.)

What would that accomplish is, well...

- it would definitely be another piece of evidence that such an bond exists between Tsukune and Moka (which some readers tend to ignore, or assume that it's nothing important, which I don't agree with, since considering Ikeda's writing style so far, even the smallest detail, might become important later in the manga.

- it would show that the bond between Moka and Tsukune is growing stronger, either because Tsukune is becoming less human, or because Moka's seal is irreversibly getting weaker, which would mean that her Shinso blood is slowly getting unsealed.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 13:46   Link #21771
khprincessh

hey guys im finally back sorry schools been keeping me really busy anyways Kuyou and Tsukune i hope tsukune will beat him lets hope so.... but what are they going to do about the merge because outer is well out and i hope tsukune chooses inner moka because shes the real one and everytime he thinks about moka he only thinks about outer moka not the inner moka
Old 2012-02-26, 13:49   Link #21772
khprincessh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
We know that if Akasha were here than she would help out Moka and Tsukune when it came to the vampire society, I'd also like to think that Issa would to, but it might not be as easy for Tsukune we all know that he has to pass a test in order to gain Issa's approval to marry his daughter, but I'm looking forward to seeing Issa again. I seriously doubt he's dead but I agree with Alhazad2003 that he's incapacitated somewhere.
im not sure if issa would really help but i know mokas mother would help to the vampire society and thats true he would have to get issa approval.
Old 2012-02-26, 15:19   Link #21773
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Hey Princess, combine those posts. there hasn't been enough activity lately to not check if anyone else posted after you, so try to keep from double posting.
Old 2012-02-26, 15:45   Link #21774
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by khprincessh View Post
hey guys im finally back sorry schools been keeping me really busy anyways Kuyou and Tsukune i hope tsukune will beat him lets hope so.... but what are they going to do about the merge because outer is well out and i hope tsukune chooses inner moka because shes the real one and everytime he thinks about moka he only thinks about outer moka not the inner moka
First, welcome back, we missed you.

Second, are you really surprised? Tsukune met Omote first, and has spent the most time around her, so it's natural he'd think about her more. It wasn't until chapter 34 when he discovered the truth about her, and when he did he tried to commit suicide. And if it wasn't for Kurumu he'd assuredly be dead.

As for Ura-chan, he's been trying to get to know her, and though he's made great progress, Ura-chan still has a lot of issues to resolve, the prominent one being her misconception that love is a weakness. Hopefully she'll have a chance to deal with it after Akuha is defeated and the group rescues her from the Floating Garden. We'll see, though. Until then...
Old 2012-02-27, 00:30   Link #21775
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

@khprincessh - hey there welcome back!

Seeing the signature of GrimJack. I really wish Viz would hurry up R+VsII..... >

Old 2012-02-27, 04:04   Link #21776
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Seeing the signature of GrimJack. I really wish Viz would hurry up R+VsII..... >

Yeah.... I wonder if someone were to ask for a copy of the license agreement contract Viz signed with whomever they licensed from, would they provide it.... ? I say this because i wonder if it's written into those contracts that the international releases have to be X number of volumes behind Japan's release schedule, or even what the actual release schedule is to be if it's in there.

In that vein, April 3, 2012 for volume 8, and July 3, 2012 for volume 9.
Old 2012-02-27, 14:25   Link #21777
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
@khprincessh - hey there welcome back!

I'll only endorse that if they get rid of the current translation team...
*huffs* Honestly, localization should NOT take precedence over a coherent translation.
Old 2012-02-27, 18:31   Link #21778
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I'll only endorse that if they get rid of the current translation team...
*huffs* Honestly, localization should NOT take precedence over a coherent translation.
What bothers you so much?

Maybe I am not too observant but I can't think of anything so glaring that makes me dislike the translators enough to want them replaced.

Quote:
i wonder if it's written into those contracts that the international releases have to be X number of volumes behind Japan's release schedule
Claymore is just two volumes behind... if R+V was there I would be happy (as in 8 out already and 9 coming out in April)
Old 2012-02-27, 18:51   Link #21779
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

The only nitpicking in offical localizations I could see is some bizzare form of name translations (e.g. Touhou Fuhai gettings an individual name). This tends to be mostly a hit-or-miss solution and has caused a few complaints in RPGs (those who may know Mana Khemia - Playstation 2 might also have read about the huge complaints of name changes for example Philomele to Jessica or giving Vayne a tougher speech pattern) .

Ignoring this point, there's no such thing as *the* perfect translation. We have simply gotten used to the well-written scanlation of MudaScan and Franky House before. If at all, I would assume that scanlators enjoy more freedom because they hardly need to pay attention to age-ratings in terms of how to use cuss words and similar stuff, unless this does not exist for mangas. Just my humble guess.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 22:53   Link #21780
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Please don't remind me.

Abominable Snow Girl still left a deep scar. T_T

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire