AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-22, 17:14   Link #461
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post

I guess the fan of the original series back in 2003 "grow up" and move on I guess, like me :-/ (sorta). btw Does anyone know the TV rating and the 2ch popularity of this series?
You'd be surprised at how many women in their 20s and 30s are fans of the series... So I don't think it has much to do with "growing up."
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 19:14   Link #462
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn this was pretty well done. The farewell for Kikyou was just perfect. The music was a great move and you definitely had to feel for the farwell. Of course the fact she got the chance to say goodbye like this makes her being brought back worth it. Whole lot easier to move on instead of the way it ended for her last time. Nice that there was even a bit with Kaede who ended up losing her sister for a second time.

Koga has now been limited all the more with his loss of shards. Of course he was going pretty well considering the fact his legs kept getting paralyzed. Plus he got out of there with his life which was far from a guarantee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
Sessshomaru x Rin fans, prepare yourselves! Next episode is the bomb!!! It'll make you go "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" and then "Awwwwwww >////< <3 <3"

Looking forward to it >_<
About time for that eh. Really glad they decided to finish this series off, some great moments that would have been left not animated otherwise.
Old 2009-11-22, 19:53   Link #463
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalDestiny View Post
Is it just me or does this thread seem less lively compared to the original InuYasha series? It's almost like everyone forgot or gave up on the series already.

I wish there were a separate section for this series, rather than just being included in the Licensed thread.

As for the latest episode:

Spoiler for 8:
Maybe if animators didn't decide to put such huge series in only 26 episodes, it would be more popular than.
Old 2009-11-22, 20:02   Link #464
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It is not the number of episodes at fault here. Most of the story felt like a pointless power uping and chasing Naraku again and again and again. The characters didn't mature, the story didn't evolve, the ending dissapointed many.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 20:27   Link #465
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 8:

Episodes like this are a reminder of how emotionally connected one can get after so many hundreds of chapters (and episodes), and of how much the series you watch during your formative years as an anime fan can stay with you. Watching these characters put through their trials makes me feel exactly as I did all those years ago, like a sort of time travel.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 20:39   Link #466
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Actually having only 26 episodes really is pushing me away right now.

And what's wrong with the ending?

Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-22, 20:40   Link #467
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Please don't post manga spoilers in the anime thread. There's a manga thread for that.
I've put it into spoiler tags, so what's the problem? A lot of people did it the same way before me.

If you are mot manga reader, just don't open it. I myself only know some things from manga, have never actually read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Spoiler:
Who cares? It still was animated and you could enjoy it. All the rest you can imagine yourself.
Old 2009-11-22, 20:44   Link #468
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

the plot is moving way too fast for me to feel any sadness
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 21:32   Link #469
blewin

wow, Kikyo's death isn't all that sad at all! The portrayal of it made it feel like something beautiful.... like Kikyo's finally being released from all the pain and sorrow she had endured (living after dying once). I also like how Kikyo saved Koga. She's so different from before. A much more likable character now.

This episode still moves a bit too fast. Sesshoumaru appearing at the neck of time to save Kohaku... they really should have given Sesshoumaru a minute to "smell"/"notice" scent of Kohaku or whatever that guy's name is before appearing!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 22:32   Link #470
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
wow, Kikyo's death isn't all that sad at all! The portrayal of it made it feel like something beautiful.... like Kikyo's finally being released from all the pain and sorrow she had endured (living after dying once). I also like how Kikyo saved Koga. She's so different from before. A much more likable character now.

This episode still moves a bit too fast. Sesshoumaru appearing at the neck of time to save Kohaku... they really should have given Sesshoumaru a minute to "smell"/"notice" scent of Kohaku or whatever that guy's name is before appearing!
EDIT: Never mind
Old 2009-11-22, 22:53   Link #471
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Very emotional episode done perfectly. A part I was really looking forward to seeing animated and I couldn't have been happier with it. As I said, very emotional, which goes to show how connected I still feel with these characters after all these years.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 11:49   Link #472
SidVicious
Anime addict

Poor Akane...I mean...Kikyou.

Next episode is going to be epic.
Old 2009-11-23, 12:41   Link #473
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Omg nooo Kikyo , damn , she was one of the greatest character in this anime !
They used the old soundtrack , how nostalgic T_T
Beautiful moment ,they were close , they cried , they kissed !
4/5 episodes left until they killed Naraku

Now , they'll focus on Inu x Kagome .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 01:56   Link #474
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Very emotional episode done perfectly. A part I was really looking forward to seeing animated and I couldn't have been happier with it. As I said, very emotional, which goes to show how connected I still feel with these characters after all these years.
Yeah, same here.

As shonen as this show got, I never lost the connection to all the characters (which happens with every show Takashi creates anyway).

I was in college when the previous series was on, but that was literally five years ago, following it week by week.

This episode hit me like a fucking brick to the face, as if the show had never stopped.

Some of you are complaining that it's going to fast or that they're squeezing too much into twenty six episodes, but I honestly think the pacing has been spot on and they couldn't be doing a better job with it.

Considering that this show wrapped out all the loose ends and gave actual closure on top of it all, well it makes me wonder what some of you wanted out of the show to begin with.

;p

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 02:01   Link #475
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I totally get what you're saying, and I think this ep (the last 3, really) have been very good. I too am amazed at how watching this transports me back to when i was a relative newbie to anime, and lived and died with these characters. Nevertheless, the first few eps did suffer from terrible pacing IMO (too many cross-cuts, for starters) and the fact is that entire arcs of the manga are being skipped or compressed into ultra-dense nuggets in the interest of time. That's a shame - I'd love to see the last portion of the manga adapted at the same rate that the original seasons were. But don't get me wrong - if I can't have that, I'd much, much rather have 78 eps worth of manga adapted into 26 than not have the anime closure at all. As this last ep proved, when they need to do an intense and crucial manga moment justice, they can.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 02:47   Link #476
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Well, to be honest, the popularity for IY is probably waning in Japan at this point, considering that Takashi is already on her newest series, throwing this into a three season section of episodes would have not have been a safe route to follow.

You are right though, he just got dragon scales and already it's worthless, but hell, I'll make do with what I got.

:3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 03:20   Link #477
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wow. I know Kikyo has either 'died' or badly knocked out or even turned to being a full fledged spirit many times before, but the latest episode just pulled at the heartstrings. It went back into what makes this series shine: Not the silly shonen-isms, but the great character stories. I just wish these kinds of revelations happend quicker, Naraku died earlier (maybe introducing new villains? Maybe Naraku being a final boss instead of being a villain for like 200 episodes?), but man, it's going back into the earlier episodes/chapters.

I couldn't help but shed a tear in the final minutes..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 08:06   Link #478
kitten320

-sigh- Why does my favourite characters have to die all the time. First Kagura, now Kikyo... it is not fair
Old 2009-11-24, 09:56   Link #479
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Maybe Naraku being a final boss instead of being a villain for like 200 episodes?), but man, it's going back into the earlier episodes/chapters.
You know he's sort of both.

I'm rereading the earlier chapters now, and it's amazing to watch how all the characters grow by the end. Even Naraku, through all his ridiculous number of forms. And seeing how he's first introduced into the story, and his evolutions, they all added an ominous tone to the whole story, I think.
Old 2009-11-24, 13:46   Link #480
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I like the ED so much AAA did a great music ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shounen