AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 19.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 5.36%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-17, 19:52   Link #61
finalfury
Incognito

Basically the way Mykage was born pretty much sums up Evol in general.
The anime will enter "THE TROLL HALL OF FAME" following its completion.
Old 2012-06-17, 19:52   Link #62
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

To my surprise, I really enjoyed all of this episode.

- As expected, the MIX and Andy thing was handled really well. Nice work there.

- Fudo = Apollonius, and...according to Crea who must be Rena, he really has just been standing by watching all these 24,000 years. Good grief.

- Oh Mykage, you are so fabulous and wonderful and villainous. I love you. "Go! Aquarion!". He gets a gorgeous black purple Aquarion. His voice acting was superb, as was the art. At the point where Zessica's voice actress was speaking, she did a great job of conveying Mykage's tone too.

- I love that Mykage realised the truth in the gattai with Apollo. That Apollonius had been trolling him all through Genesis of Aquarion, the bastard. Honestly, it's no wonder at this point that Mykage snapped. And in response to the trolling, he decided to become king of the trolls himself. In this story, he and Fudo vie for troll supremacy...

- MYKAGE NICKS THE AQUARION and has a "new registration" screen for it. This is like an ordinary bad breakup story, only with 24,000 years and giant robots. Mykage basically just stole Apollonius' prized car in revenge for leaving him at the altar.

- I was expecting bad things from Mikono, but actually, in the small amount of screen time she had, I liked the way she was portrayed. She was at least being assertive. And thank goodness someone finally noticed that Zessica's been possessed. Too bad that that was all she got to do.

- I was also expecting bad things from Amata and Kagura. I liked the first part of their interaction a lot, but after that at the part where it was supposed to go sour, I can definitely see what people are complaining about BUT it was all so ridiculous that it seemed to have descended into self parody. I was laughing.

-...So. "Violation Gattai". And those screens with naked Zessikage grabbing Mikono. And running the new Aquarion with unconscious Kagura and Mikono. Creepy stuff. And yet Mykage pulls the whole thing off with so much aplomb and style...Evil mind control humming powers, go!

- No Zessica this ep, huh. But I do love the evil faces Mykage manages to make with her.

I have NO IDEA how this series can possibly manage to conclude satisfactorily with just one episode to go. Ideally, I'd want to fit in moments in the spotlight for Amata and Kagura, Mikono, Zessica, Mykage of course, and also Fudo. Oh, and MIX and Andy. That's an awful lot to include in just one ep. Well, I hope they at least make it a fun ride.

Have to say, I really ship Fudo and Mykage now. They are made for each other. Made for each other, I say. Their trollery surpasses the entire rest of the series.
Old 2012-06-17, 19:55   Link #63
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Now that Fudo has been officially revealed to be Apollonius, it's time for him to step and the cycle.
Old 2012-06-17, 19:59   Link #64
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Now that Fudo has been officially revealed to be Apollonius, it's time for him to step and the cycle.
All he had to do was grab and kiss the guy to make him happy. Was this grief honestly worth it?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-17, 20:02   Link #65
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well she wasn't mentioned in the epilogue and they had Amata forget all about her again when her last action was trying to get to Amata and see if he was okay before body snatch time. It's clear that the writers have failed utterly with Evol and even their epilogue wont satisfy the viewers and will feel cheap, especially a Amata x Mikono ending.
They didn't mention Mikono as well IIRC, also in Amatas defence all he could hear was Mykage talking and Mikono is the only one (aside from Fudo i would guess) who knows whats happened to Zessica.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:17   Link #66
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

So the overall story is Mykage raging about getting trolled?
Old 2012-06-17, 20:21   Link #67
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
All he had to do was grab and kiss the guy to make him happy. Was this grief honestly worth it?
Maybe Apolloneus was just letting Celiane see what happens when she chooses a dog over him?

To everyone on this thread: How would you guys end the series in a satisfying way?

Be it happy, bittersweet or downer.

Personally I would prefer something bittersweet.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:22   Link #68
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

I want to say one thing, If fudo was apollonius the whole time... then in the first season, you know how silvie and apollo dont end up togehter because apollo sacrifices himself, well if you think about it fudo/apollonius still lived, and so did silvie/celine, he just screwed over his dog though in season one o.o, apollonius is smart
Old 2012-06-17, 20:24   Link #69
mayumi

Mykage calling Mikono harlot was lool worthy but so very deserved.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:29   Link #70
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissix View Post
I want to say one thing, If fudo was apollonius the whole time... then in the first season, you know how silvie and apollo dont end up togehter because apollo sacrifices himself, well if you think about it fudo/apollonius still lived, and so did silvie/celine, he just screwed over his dog though in season one o.o, apollonius is smart
No way, he was smooching beautiful Sophia: Big boobs + short hair.

Now you see why Mykage hijacked Zessica's body. He could dye her hair blonde and get a win-win situation.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-17, 20:32   Link #71
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Maybe Apolloneus was just letting Celiane see what happens when she chooses a dog over him?

To everyone on this thread: How would you guys end the series in a satisfying way?

Be it happy, bittersweet or downer.

Personally I would prefer something bittersweet.
For the main cast I'd like a mostly happy ending. For Tomykage and Fudolonnius, I'll take whatever Kawamori gives us. The rest of the cast were more or less their pawns. EVOL ended up being those two angels' story, really. They could either go for an ending where the cycle gets broken or one where both of them are inspired to higher levels of rage/trollery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Not at all. I would say it's enitrely undeserved. Especially from a guy who's forcing her into a gattai while she screams no. I can't say Mykage doesn't have reasons to be annoyed at trollery from certain ex-angels of slaughter, but the dude is holding a grudge against Mikono for marrying his ex two lifetimes ago.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:34   Link #72
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
We are in the same boat then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
edit* I rather have Zessikage killing all of them and restarting the world
That would be very worthy to see given how this series made me care a damn about its characters, it good be laughable.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:36   Link #73
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Aquarion Evol had so much potential, but such poor execution. I give this episode a resounding "meh." 5/10

Pros:
Zekage w/ Wings
Mikage Aquarion
Amata acting like a main character

Cons:
Apollonius
Poor writing.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:46   Link #74
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
No way, he was smooching beautiful Sophia: Big boobs + short hair.

Now you see why Mykage hijacked Zessica's body. He could dye her hair blonde and get a win-win situation.
I see so Apollonius fetish is short hair. Now i get why Fudo screamed "SUKI" at the top of his voice along with Zessica

The book in the ED picture is either Mykage or Fudo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Not at all. I would say it's enitrely undeserved. Especially from a guy who's forcing her into a gattai while she screams no. I can't say Mykage doesn't have reasons to be annoyed at trollery from certain ex-angels of slaughter, but the dude is holding a grudge against Mikono for marrying his ex two lifetimes ago.
It is not just because Celiane got with Apollonius. It is also because Silvia Celiane's reincarnation didn't even think Apollo was not Apollonius. She gattaied with Apollo sooooooooooo many times but not once did Silvia think that Apollo is not Apollonius. On the other hand Sirius always had doubts that Apollo is not Apollonius. For god's sake Celiane had a kid with Apollonius you would think her reincarnation can remember how her past lover felt when gattai-ing like Touma figured out in the end.
And again in this reincarnation Mikono is a indecisive bitch who can't choose which guy to get with. Yes, I do see Celiane's reinarnation as a harlot and Pollon's reincarnation to be whipped puppy.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-06-17 at 20:57.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:50   Link #75
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, shit hit the fan. Mykage does all these just to get even with DogGuy and Celiane? Well, I guess with 12,000 years to plan it, it better be damn perfect. Probably the only way to foil it is when someone has 24,000 years to think of how to counter whatever combination and permutation of plans one can think of in 12000 years....

Oh yeah, I frigging LOVE HanaKana with these 'evil' characters. From Mahiru of Kamisama dolls, to crazy!Shiro from Deadman Wonderland, to MykaZessica here... it's just a pleasure listening to her. Main reason why she still has an edge towards Kayanon as my favourite VA, as Kayanon still typically gets casted as the 'good girl'.

And can't forget about the Yaoi... CayenneXShrade has nothing on AndyXMix. Even Sazanka was ecstatic. XD

Quote:
Actually, it's well deserved, if you think like Mykage thinks. Meaning that he sees Mikono as Celiane/Sylvie reincarnated, but not only did Celiane stole Apollonius from him, but she also 'cheated' on Apollonius by having Sylvie get it on with Apollo. Thus, a 'harlot'.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2012-06-17, 20:55   Link #76
shadow1296

u guys are getting into this indeph discussion, where all i can say about this episode is
fudo is appollonius WTF
and Aquarion AQ looked badass
the rest is the same and expected
Old 2012-06-17, 21:00   Link #77
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, shit hit the fan. Mykage does all these just to get even with DogGuy and Celiane? Well, I guess with 12,000 years to plan it, it better be damn perfect. Probably the only way to foil it is when someone has 24,000 years to think of how to counter whatever combination and permutation of plans one can think of in 12000 years....
I wonder if he really is doing that just to get even with Pollon and Celiane? In the line where Mykage says "Now, let us unite. I won't be satisfied no matter how many times I kill you. You harlot!", it's not shown in the translation, but if you listen, he actually says "Apollonius" in that sentence at one point. Which means he was probably addressing that remark to Apollonius. Or I'd think it would, but he does say "onna" there too, so it's confusing. Maybe he just shifted the targets of his sentence from Apollonius to Mikono? Or maybe the translators failed to translate one of the sentences. Hmm. Listening to it more, it probably is a skipped line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Actually, it's well deserved, if you think like Mykage thinks. Meaning that he sees Mikono as Celiane/Sylvie reincarnated, but not only did Celiane stole Apollonius from him, but she also 'cheated' on Apollonius by having Sylvie get it on with Apollo. Thus, a 'harlot'.
Yeah, from Mykage's point of view it could make sense. But from watchers of the series who say it's deserved, it is clearly just a matter of "Hurhur this character I dislike just got called a harlot! Yeah she totally is promiscuous/a prostitute!"
Old 2012-06-17, 21:04   Link #78
Thess

Quote:
If some ho stole your loving fiancé and then settled for the guy's dog, what would you call her?

Entirely justified in Mykage's POV.

Old 2012-06-17, 21:05   Link #79
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Yeah, from Mykage's point of view it could make sense. But from watchers of the series who say it's deserved, it is clearly just a matter of "Hurhur this character I dislike just got called a harlot! Yeah she totally is promiscuous/a prostitute!"
But the audience has justification for this too: 25 episodes of indecision over two guys who are literally destroying the world while fighting over her. Its a writing thing but, with how everything centers on her character, its not surprising to have the audience dislike Mikono.
Old 2012-06-17, 21:07   Link #80
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
For the main cast I'd like a mostly happy ending. For Tomykage and Fudolonnius, I'll take whatever Kawamori gives us. The rest of the cast were more or less their pawns. EVOL ended up being those two angels' story, really. They could either go for an ending where the cycle gets broken or one where both of them are inspired to higher levels of rage/trollery.

Great points. I can see Amata/Kagura/Amagura/Kamata and Mikono getting together, Zessica living, they pretty much resolved the Andy and Mix situation, now hopefully they don't kill off Cayenne or Yunoha or Malloy. But personally the reincarnation cycle has to end. To do that they would have to kill off Apollonius and Touma and not have Pollon and Celiane, since they are smack dab in the middle of it too, get together or the whole thing is just gonna repeat itself.

What do you think? Personally the only way I can see a true end to this series is that they end the cycle.

True, but this entire series is built on never letting things from previous lifetimes, be them relationships or grudges, end.
Closed Thread