AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 21:57   Link #38981
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Does the Golem have the standard IS energy barrier protecting it?
Old 2012-12-29, 22:03   Link #38982
demino_hellsin
That one guy

we have differing views but the majority seems to say no.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:04   Link #38983
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Big. Very Big.

If you have to know, yes. You can probably fly an IS inside the halls. And given the hot air that the Archbishops generate, you'll have a lot of lift, too...
Don't let the Right Hand hear you, or there'd be 4 annoyed IS banging down your downunder door.
Old 2012-12-29, 22:10   Link #38984
Eratas123

I meant if the design is still old style renaissance or modern tech.
Old 2012-12-29, 22:13   Link #38985
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I meant if the design is still old style renaissance or modern tech.
If you want to use mine, its the original architecture, with a hangar assembled in one of the large cathedral halls using mobile equipment, kind of like those stands for strike witch Striker units. Some columns have large wires tacked on that power the equipment. Its like the roof and walls are that of a traditional church, but the ground is overrun with wires like vines, leading into 5 acloves with IS, pilots may be near them. Though its very common to have all acloves vacant, leaving only acolytes to tend to the machinery.

Pseudoreligious technopunk.

Granted I drew lots of inspiration for the Roman Catholic Church IS from Horizon...
Old 2012-12-29, 22:27   Link #38986
Eratas123

Wait, in your world there's IS in the freaking Vatican? So much for peace.
Old 2012-12-29, 23:08   Link #38987
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, Peace is not eternal. Wise Words: Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum (If you want Peace prepare for War). The idea behind cold war is everyone is so damn scared of having a LARGE SCALE conflict because of Godzilla threshold. In I.S. canon, situation is pretty much a second cold war.

Partial conflict always happened everywhere. I use this excuse in TLR backstories in that while Neo Nazi Rebelion officially stopped in less than three days, while the ACTUAL fighting took whole month in form of guerilla warfare.

and yes, I have returned from the frontier, indeed. To be precise, post-disaster and war recovery attempt.
Old 2012-12-29, 23:10   Link #38988
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- If you do this right, it might make for an interesting worldview--because that means in hardline islamic countries they'll use that as reasoning that the IS is evil.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 01:06   Link #38989
Eratas123

Well, I jsut want info for parkouring and base jumping segments Anybody here have anything to say about fics or the new novel being released?
Old 2012-12-30, 01:12   Link #38990
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
The Vatican IS are more mutations of Science than actual weapons. The Pope's IS transformed into a staff irreversibly when a Rafale bonded with her and no one knows how on earth that happened. The 4 girls of the Right Hand have IS which were designed as tech demos that replace their missing limbs (Cambodian girl with legs blown off by a land mine, African girl without arms from a forced labor accident) or senses (congenitally blind, and a deaf-mute.)

The Pope doesn't partake in battles, but uses it to fly and be shielded from assassination. The Right Hand participate in tournaments or guard the Pope as 'angels' when Saint Bernadette goes out on flyabouts.
Old 2012-12-30, 01:31   Link #38991
Eratas123

....The Pope is female now? That's new. And I doubt someone as old as the Pope can really fight effectively in either case.

@ Senpai - Going to make another draft soon. Is Belligerent Sexual tension alright?
Old 2012-12-30, 02:21   Link #38992
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's called Religion evolving along with human life </sarcasm>

But seriously, some people is either understating or overstating the influence of I.S., with Ichika as Narrator, we can't be sure which one is the truth.

As long as no insanity involved, we have a deal. I have enough experience with mentally-challenged people IRL this week, and that's involving whacking and grappling the hell out of a violently rampaging PTSD patient until he lose any strength to rebel. And yes, that's in the SOP, so it's legal. :|
Old 2012-12-30, 06:33   Link #38993
DarkJak2050

I have a bit of good news:

I'm almost done with Chapter 9 (and possibly the last of the first arc) for Project Silverback while you guys have been out. Hopefully, I'll get it up in the next 12-48 hours...

Although, I'm thinking of putting in some sort of "epilogue" after that, but I'm not too sure though...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 08:28   Link #38994
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Funny, after all these re-write attempts I actually found myself back to square one, my very first idea of initiating Minerva's intro in Athena:

Spoiler for Golem:

Taking canon in account, that would be during the Academy's Class League Match. Then again, in Athena-verse, two Golems were sent instead of one. (One of them successfully reaching the Academy while the other... well, as above)

Athena-verse Golem Is have four particle cannons on each arm and they look similar to GFG's Protect Wall/Shade arm.
Old 2012-12-30, 09:45   Link #38995
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I find it weird in anime that attraction and emotional attachment are depicted as the same. Are they the same?
Old 2012-12-30, 10:16   Link #38996
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Different neurotransmitters, so I'm inclined to say no for now.
Old 2012-12-30, 10:37   Link #38997
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Attraction might lead to emotional attachment but from what I understand and how it sounds, Imma say it's not the same.

I mentioned before that I'll be basing Minerva on the same caliber as the Duel Gundam sans its Assault Shroud. However, I still could not get the damn armor attachment out of my mind so I'm just writing out what I have for an armored, heavily-armed variation of the Minerva and will post it here soon.
Old 2012-12-30, 10:43   Link #38998
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I realized that all of the harem is trying to attract Ichika, but none of them are really trying hard on the emotional attachment part. huh.

Well my last revamp of the AE had it house 6 dagger bits and the capability to overdrive its energy shields and capability to achieve escape velocity in its default space equipment.
Old 2012-12-30, 11:47   Link #38999
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Here it goes:

Spoiler for Assau-- Algolis Shroud:
Old 2012-12-30, 13:50   Link #39000
Eratas123

Emotional attachment isn't the same as being attracted. I'm emotionally attached to my friends and we're close to the point that we can do pretty much anything together, but none of us are homesexual or attracted to one another. Attraction doesn't imply trust.

@ Senpai - Nope, just Irish and Laura making verbal snipes with one another while Charlotte tries to keep the two of them from turning into all out violence, all while wondering aloud if they're insulting one another or flirting in their own way.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest