AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-11-27, 14:06   Link #1
phihluong

What ANIME WORLD is your Favorite?!!!

My top picks for favorite anime world are

Hikaru no Go: the world of GO!
Naruto: the world of ninjas
One Piece: the world of pirates
Pokemon: the world of POKEMON!

Reasons?

Hikaru no Go: As some of you may know, GO is boring to watch but it also one of the most sophisicated games you can ever play or try to play. To make one of the most boring games so exciting deserves recoginition.
I dont know how many of you in live Japan but it created a Go Awakening as a great number of little kids desired to learn how to play GO.
a little personal sidenote: Tears came down from my eyes after seeing the first episode.

Naruto: When some think of Japan they think also of ninjas. There had been an endless array of Ninja movies, anime, manga, etc. To make an old topic that is also culturally significant symbol of Japanese culture so refreshing to watch derserves recognition.

One Piece: ahh yes...the world of super powered pirates. For Japan, not known for having pirates that say "ARRRRRR" they dived into that topic and made a wonderful original world.

Pokemon: For those who are around the age of 21 like me would remember a time when there wasn't bittorrent and the only anime you could get for free is what was shown on TV (ex. DBZ, Sailormoon). Then one day Pokemon appeared on TV. I am pretty sure there are plenty of YOU GUYS!! that watched pokemon and loved it. Gym leaders, gym battles, and cute monsters with special powers. Sadly the episodes now doesn't advance the story line fast enough and are sometime repititious. But this anime deserved recognition because who haven't once watch Pokemon and thought it was cool? Pokemon coined the idea of evolution, and trainers with their little monsters that gave rise to other anime based on the same idea (probably most well known..Digimon)
phihluong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 16:44   Link #2
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Initial D. It really gives you a feeling of how it goes in the racing world. Who doesn't want a car? And who doesn't get an adrenaline rush from driving it at high speeds?? It's divine.

BECK. I NEVER knew how it would be in the world of rock music. It's so cool to know how it is to be in a band and to know how music is created there. And how emotions go so well with rock music.
Old 2004-11-28, 17:34   Link #3
xfordained
you should die

genshiken- shows the life of the average otaku im my mind and is beliveable kinda like a portal into the furture if my intrest in aime keeps increases with every passing yr

neon genesis evangelion- the city seems so modern and yet advanced at the same time like a future not far off in soem ways(lol i dotn think im making any sense)
xfordained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 17:51   Link #4
Rennie
Konichiwa!!

Evangelion: interesting yet intriguing.
DNAngel: lovely characters....i love Dark!! lol
Tsubasa: is it an anime? whatever i like it!
Inuyasha
Full Metal Alchemist
Rennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 20:01   Link #5
7thMethuselah

Hmmm, let's see

- Rurouni Kenshin/Peace Maker Kurogane/Samurai Champloo : Meiji era or before when Japan was still a feudal country. As I am fascinated by all pre-industrial history I find anime's set in this era to be extremely likeable. In essence if I know an anime is set pre 1860 I'll watch it no matter what

- Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou : Civilasation and Development seem to have come to an end, the sea has risen several meters, thereby swallowing up whoe cities , as a result society has returned to old ways : the land seems scarcely populated, there is a bit of a nostalgic and post-apocalyptic feel to it all, and people are getting their happiness out of little things. Especially this last thing is what makes it wonderful. I absolutely love the YKK background.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 20:21   Link #6
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Like 7thMethuselah said, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 20:56   Link #7
Shinn
Orooo?

World: Shaman king, ghosts *drool*

Situation: Love hina, being stuck in a dorm with hot chicks.... i wouldn't mind
Shinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:21   Link #8
7thMethuselah

stupid remark - mods just delete my post pls
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:42   Link #9
DaFool
Resident devil

Ditto for YKK

Um, is the 1998 version worth it? Because I only saw the 2002 version.

Also, Last Exile--the world of airships and guilds. It brought back memories of playing Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast.

Now, don't pound me for this...

Onegai Teacher / Onegai Twins / upcoming Onegai Friends / upcoming Air

I like the atmosphere of rural Japan they portray, away from the big cities, with lots of trees, places to bike, and railway crossings, and tons of sunflowers. The backgrounds actually look similar to the interstitials shown on NHK.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:45   Link #10
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500

Mahoromatic/Steel Angel Kurumi/Battle Angel Alita: Just wanna know how it feels to be protected by an android girl. Heck, I'm the kind of otaku who's obsessed with android.

School Rumble/Azumanga Daioh/Sensei no Ojikan: the life of highschool students... simple.

Gundam universe: I'm not talking about the mecha here (well, I do want to ride any of the mobile suits), but how humanity will prevail in the interspace war where humans are fighting for own survival.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:56   Link #11
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Onegai Teacher / Onegai Twins / upcoming Onegai Friends / upcoming Air

I like the atmosphere of rural Japan they portray, away from the big cities, with lots of trees, places to bike, and railway crossings, and tons of sunflowers. The backgrounds actually look similar to the interstitials shown on NHK.
You might have known this already, but onegai teacher/twins took place in a real town in japan. There's a thread somewhere in this forum with screenshots from the two anime next to pics of the same places from the real town.
Anyway, I really haven't though about something like this, but I'd say the world in Nadesico would be my favorite, as it's my favorite anime. Though maybe it doesn't work quite that way. Then again, maybe a more peaceful world like in girls bravo would be better. Or maybe something like in .hack.
Oh then there's the world in narutaru. It's like pokemon, they way they should be used.
Old 2004-11-28, 22:07   Link #12
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Somewhere where I have lots of cute and hot girls around me
Da Capo
Yumeria
Kanon
Girls Bravo
DearS
Kgne

A futuristic setting with cute and hot girls would be nice either:
Nge
My Hime
Dirty Pair Flash (being around Yuri and Kei, there'd certainly be not a single boring second )
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 22:19   Link #13
Shadowlord
~DESU

Dragonball Z universe has to be one of the best (as long as im going to have the powers), who wouldnt want to blast crap?

Naruto as well, because i would have crazy ninja skills, like changeroom peeking no jutsu.

basically, anything with super strong and cool powers.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 22:27   Link #14
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
NGEvangelion- Would be intresting to experience living a a world after the instrumentality project.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 22:33   Link #15
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
Call me old school, but Ghost in the Shell, Iria, Stelvia, Bebop, and Planetes were awesome futuristic worlds. Very detailed worlds where everyone has a future no matter how bleak it may seem. Plus it gets your imagination running on what can be done now to get to that point

Magic worlds on the other hand, Slayers of course seems fun. But most other series with magic worlds are just too dark. And it makes judging the world itself very difficult. How can you judge Vampire Princess Muyo or Rehpheon or for that matter Scrapped Princess as a good world where details are very scarce on the world itself?

Anime worlds based on today. Bah, live your own life will ya. If you like Japan, live there. See how real life is not all roses as portrayed. :P Herem anime may be fun to watch but good like getting anything simular IRL.

Many anime worlds are excellently portrayed others are just props. Hard to judge the props as a good world.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 22:44   Link #16
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
There's a thread somewhere in this forum with screenshots from the two anime next to pics of the same places from the real town.
Thanks, found it when searching "Onegai" and "Town"

This is the best comparison because they actually pose like the characters,
http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~smith/article/log/20030825.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelgadis
If you like Japan, live there.
Well, duh. I'm trying to save. There are visa restrictions though. And it's not exactly a low-population country with plenty of land area that welcomes immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelgadis
See how real life is not all roses as portrayed. :P
Exactly.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 22:50   Link #17
krispydigital

Send a message via AIM to krispydigital Send a message via MSN to krispydigital
genshiken! omg the otaku world in japan rocks! i wish american schools had club activities like that. i wanna go to those conventions too!
krispydigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 02:13   Link #18
Cboi89

hehehe i lyke ....

HxH world!!!!!- the world of hxh is just great with so many things to discover and to become a hunter with special treatment everywhere!!!!!

Naruto - world of ninjas puts u on your toes and the excitement of jumpin around on people's roof lol .
Cboi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 11:02   Link #19
Bracken33

I like any kind of fantasy world with an acient times feeling to it. You know, elves, dwarfs, magic, dungeons, medieval places...
Some anime I liked for it are scrapped princess, record of lodoss war or violinist of hamelin.
Princess mononoke also to some extent fits into this category.
I do not have a real favourite world so far.

Also I like these kind of fantasy worlds in general. For example I prefer fantasy RPGs or novels over scifi RPGs or novels.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 12:06   Link #20
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
NGEvangelion- Would be intresting to experience living a a world after the instrumentality project.
As a soul trapped in or drifting with the Evangelion/God or as a puddle of LCL?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote