AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-10, 19:53   Link #1041
Synyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekowai View Post
Is just me or RAKI looks like a sissy girl? o_o
He looks like Clarice XD
Old 2008-06-10, 19:59   Link #1042
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I think it's partly you, and partly because Raki decided to model himself after Isley.
Raki: Isley, couldn't we be doing some more sword training? I have so much more to learn...
Isley: Silence! This IS training! I am just adding the finishing touches... right ... there we go! Now pay attention to the greatest lesson I, Isley the Great, will ever teach you! *Hand's Raki a mirror*
Raki: My hair! I look incredible! It is like you worked a miracle on me! Just looking at it makes me feel fantastic!
Isley: Remember, being a warrior means more than just having great skill. A warrior must also have great style.
Raki: *crying* Thank you Master! Truly you are great! *Hugs*
Isley: There is nothing more I can teach you. Go and take these hair products with you. Destiny waits for no man.
Old 2008-06-10, 20:04   Link #1043
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Raki's real height is not important. What is important is the height relationship between Raki and the other characters, we're just putting it in modern times height averages because they are more easier to relate to.

If the little girl is half Raki's height, it doesn't matter whether Raki is 6 ft tall or 5 ft tall. The little girl will just be 3 ft or 2'6". It's the direct relation that is important.

Many of you here said that you are 6 ft+. Assuming that you had at least decently broad shoulders, what height do you believe that a person must be that they can sit easily on one of your shoulders?
Did some guesstimates, based on about a 7" shoulder (6'5") and the proportions site I linked to earlier...

(117cm) 3'10" would be about my limit probably - or about the average 6 year old child (source). Smaller/younger kids than that would be more comfortable. Not that I'd want to do it for long, because after several minutes the 45 lbs might get heavy.

And that, coincidentally, would make the relative sizes about the same as Raki and the girl.
Old 2008-06-10, 20:11   Link #1044
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
He looks like Clarice XD
Thats what I said. LOL
Old 2008-06-10, 21:07   Link #1045
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Raki: Isley, couldn't we be doing some more sword training? I have so much more to learn...
Isley: Silence! This IS training! I am just adding the finishing touches... right ... there we go! Now pay attention to the greatest lesson I, Isley the Great, will ever teach you! *Hand's Raki a mirror*
Raki: My hair! I look incredible! It is like you worked a miracle on me! Just looking at it makes me feel fantastic!
Isley: Remember, being a warrior means more than just having great skill. A warrior must also have great style.
Isley: There is nothing more I can teach you. Go and take these hair products with you. Destiny waits for no man.
Give the kid some credit. After all, his reappearance isn't bad, by any standards.
Old 2008-06-10, 21:38   Link #1046
RevanX
魂と共に

Quote:
He looks like Clarice XD
Imagine those two meeting:

Clarice: Who the heck are you?!

Raki: Who the heck are YOU?!

Miata: I have TWO mommas now!
Old 2008-06-10, 22:24   Link #1047
Ancient Soul

Is amusing that now Clarice and Miata will be under the tutelage of Galatea the one they were suposed to kill.In fact i don't think that they can a have a better teacher right now.
If Clarice (like Clare was before her) is smart will copy the tehniques she just witness in action (windcutter/quicksword/drill sword/mirage).The three of them can become an interesting team.How will explain Clarice to Miata that Galatea is now their governess?

Clarice : Miata, from now one you will listen to Galatea!
Miata : Why?
Clarice : Because, because...is grandma!
Galatea : ...!?!...oh really!

...next day...

Galatea : Is time to start our training...Clarice you have to clean the cathedral from top to bottom from dust...Miata go play with the other childrens...
Clarice : But...i thought that you will train us!!!
Galatea : This is training!I watched a few kung-fu movies and cleaning dust and playing with others are the best training methods.Miata need to open his mind a little and you need to train your muscles a bit, unless you want to hit another tree or a wall in the next fight!

...after a year...

Galatea : Now show me what i teach you...while reading other mangas...
Clarice (draw her claymore): Bankay! (half of a forest turn to shreds)
Miata (open both eyes) : Miata(ama)terasu! (the other half ignite and turn to ashes)
Galatea : Don't forget to say everywhere to everyone who teach you...hope that no one will bother me now for a 1000 years...especially Riful and Miria.
Old 2008-06-10, 23:05   Link #1048
Synyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
hahahah! OMG that was SO gay
Old 2008-06-10, 23:14   Link #1049
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

hmmm. I would love to see miata play with other children.
Old 2008-06-10, 23:43   Link #1050
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

@ enara - the children are all going to be scarred for life if miata starts doing what's she doing to clarice yelling "mama!!" (girls and... ... ... boys) >.> *laughs*
Old 2008-06-10, 23:43   Link #1051
Ancient Soul

Looked for Miata (name) and found that mean :

Reward

Dictionary Entry: meed
Pronunciation: \'mēd\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English mēd; akin to Old High German miata - reward, Greek
Date: before 12th century
1: archaic - earned reward or wage
2: a fitting return or recompense

Quite an intersting name for a young claymore who aim for nr. 1.
Old 2008-06-10, 23:50   Link #1052
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Miata will need a lot of help and support, and I think between Clarice and Galatea, they can at least teach her to speak properly.
Old 2008-06-11, 00:43   Link #1053
faintsmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamaugustus View Post
i personally think that the girl with Raki is Prisillica. in chapter 55 you could see that she ws smaller than him. and she would not have grown due to being an AB. although he has grown and so she looks small compared to him.

how she hid her youma energy... well i dont think she is really doing it on purpose. i think it is more natural due to her loss of memory. she never has to use it and therefore it hides itself away. so Galeata would not sense it just like she had no clue the 'seven' were coming.

as for my prediction for the next chapter... i think it will go back to Clare's conversation with Cid and Galk. they will end up mentioning Prisillica's name (if it is actually her) and Clare will run off to try and find Raki. the other anti-org claymores will follow and Clare will end up having to explain her past (finally). about Teresa and Prisillica. how she chose to enter the org. how she is only 1/4 youma. how and where she got her right arm. so on and so on.

each of the others will then have their own reaction:
Helen will be all "OMG how the heck did you survive. blah blah."
Maria will be all "well that makes total sense. when we first met you had a powerful presence but did not have much power- it was her presence i felt. oh and i have heard stories of her but they never told of her death or what happened to #s 2-5. and how you used her technique."
Deneve will be all "so thats her story."
Galeata will remember late chapter 45 and early 46- whhen Riful talked of Isley's 'woman' and how Clare flipped out.
Yuma will realize the importance of the Teresa/Clare statue.
Tabitha and Cynthia will just be like "huh. whats going on."
Clarice will be like "there are even scarier ABs out there. i dont think i am cut out for this."
and finally Miata will be all "mama. feed me."
thats my prediction anyway.

i agree with williamaugustus. if it were prisillica with raki then this would be a good storyline. i have always wanted clare to tell about her past.

although i cant tell whether or not it is prisillica. it could be or it could be that it isnt. either way i cant wait to find out.
Old 2008-06-11, 01:42   Link #1054
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

and here I thought she was named for a small sport car from Mazda
Old 2008-06-11, 02:00   Link #1055
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekowai View Post
Is just me or RAKI looks like a sissy girl? o_o
Must be you.
Old 2008-06-11, 06:16   Link #1056
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

The claymore problem

random kid: oh wow that sword is so huge, who is that guy?

raki: ah kids i was just like you the moment i saw my first claymore.

random kid: wow so what did you do....

raki: i followed Clare around as a cook, and now look at me, i got an even bigger sword, a huge left hand, and some cool and actually functional armor off my sensei

random kid... oooh i wanna grow up to be just like you

raki: i'm sorry the position of follower is already taken

radom kid... aw...

disturbed mother of random kid: you come back right this instant mister, no running off to become a claymore for you... this is worse than when the circus came into town...

(now everyone knows why the claymores are discriminated against, i dread to think of what happened in the towns on Helens patrol area)

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2008-06-11, 06:45   Link #1057
nekowai
Banned

To think miss Raki would defeat a yoma, yoma are getting weaker this days
Old 2008-06-11, 13:17   Link #1058
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
He looks like Clarice XD
You mean Hilda?

Old 2008-06-11, 17:16   Link #1059
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
I think that little girl with Raki could be the daughter of Priscilla with... Yagi-sama knows with who. Could be either Raki or Easley... more likely Easley, because Raki would never betray Clare!

But more than that, i don't think Yagi would bring Raki again unless he will become very important to the storyline (not only as Clare's "wife", i mean) . After all, he became strong enough to defeat youmas, but the current enemies are the Organization and the A.O.s - far worse enemies than youmas.

What if that little girl walking alongside Raki - supposing she is really the daughter of a truly powerful A.O. - is the answer the Organization is searching so much... a fully transformable A.O. perfectly able to go back and forth her monster-mode and keep under control?

They could become the main target of the MIBs.
Old 2008-06-11, 17:32   Link #1060
Synyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
You mean Hilda?

No, Raki

But yeah, Hilda too lol.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga