AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-18, 13:04   Link #21
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'know, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the island that Sanji was sent to was Bon Clay's home. And if that part about Zoro being sent to a pig island is true, I'd love to see all the wacky hijinks he will get involved in with those porkers. Boy, would it be odd if Snout turned out to be that master swordsman that james0246 wanted to see so badly....
Well, it is not like we haven't seen famous swordsmen that are Turtles or Rabbits before .

Maybe Zoro will becoming a vegatarian after visiting this island. In fact, since quite a few of his attacks draw on Buddihist and Shinto mythology (not that Zoro consciously knows either "religion"), maybe this island will finally push Zoro into becoming a monk, which in-turn could help him develop his "breath" techniques further (or something to that effect ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
And here I was hoping Oda would bench her with the fights bye only upgrading her navagating skills. I didn't thougth it could be applied that way. Nice find, cause can't say I even thougth half of it.
Nami does not update her Clima Tact, Usopp does. So, unless Nami can adequetly explain her theories of climatology to Usopp later on, it is unlikely that her fighting abilities will actually improve much when we see her next (Unless the Sky Island resident improve the Clima Tact for her). Later on though, after Nami and Usopp have time to sit-down, then I do expect to see an updated Clima Tact.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:16   Link #22
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Nami does not update her Clima Tact, Usopp does. So, unless Nami can adequetly explain her theories of climatology to Usopp later on, it is unlikely that her fighting abilities will actually improve much when we see her next (Unless the Sky Island resident improve the Clima Tact for her). Later on though, after Nami and Usopp have time to sit-down, then I do expect to see an updated Clima Tact.
This seems more directed to C.A. then to me but I do agree with him that having better knowledge about the weather could already be an upgrade in itself.
Old 2008-11-18, 13:22   Link #23
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm yea, I'll just combine the posts about Nami:

Increase in weather knowledge = more capabilities for Clima Tact.
More capabilities = Clima Tact may not be updated enough.
Clima Tact work on Dials = Get some dials, or steal , since she's on a sky island.

And I've heard a hilarious but true saying on why Sanji's sent there to be chased by okamas: All that running would definitely strengthen Sanji's legs in some way or another lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:25   Link #24
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Does anyone think there may be a CHANCE that Ace could join the Strawhats? Any chance at all?
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:27   Link #25
Rainbowman

I hear that Nami is okay! Any speaking roles from her I hope? And I bet she's all alone. If Luffy or Robin isn't keeping her company, she might get into the kind of trouble she usually gets into wether it's abuse (< "HOW DARE YOU HARM NAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!") or her own greed (< "Nami, how many times must we go through this? Greed can only harm you or worse kill you. What would Bellemere say if she were to see you acting the way you are?").

With Franky, as he had landed on a mechanical island, I wonder if he'll meet with some mechanical women?

With Sanji, I guess he got lucky in landing on an island that has some women on it. However it sounds like he has a hard time when he attracted those "okamas" much to his horror. LOLATWTTB

I also hear that Jimbei made a physical appearance despite his absence to participate in the Whitebeard war. Think I can see a pic of him?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:32   Link #26
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Does anyone think there may be a CHANCE that Ace could join the Strawhats? Any chance at all?

I think... that will depend on the outcome of the Whitebeard war. For instance, if Whitebeard and any of his best commanders (like Marco or Jozu) get decimated, then I think I could see Ace taking Newgate's place as a Yonkou and captain of his crew. But if Ace were to join Luffy, then we'd at least need a flashback, which could be very possible during this storyline.

But personally, I think having a Logia as a Straw-Hat is as bad as Hancock joining. Again, broken DF powers and all that....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:42   Link #27
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
I think... that will depend on the outcome of the Whitebeard war. For instance, if Whitebeard and any of his best commanders (like Marco or Jozu) get decimated, then I think I could see Ace taking Newgate's place as a Yonkou and captain of his crew. But if Ace were to join Luffy, then we'd at least need a flashback, which could be very possible during this storyline.
I don't like the idea of Ace joining, though. It would be a too predictable.

Quote:
But personally, I think having a Logia as a Straw-Hat is as bad as Hancock joining. Again, broken DF powers and all that....
Logias aren't really all that broken, though.... 'sides the strawhats should have a little bit of everything in the crew, y'know?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:43   Link #28
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Spoilers summary's out:

-Only Luffy and Hancock are going to Impel Down. Luffy hides in Hancock's coat while she boards Momonga's ship.
Unexpected, but logical in the sphere of things. Appreciated somewhat, seeing as this is a very adorable pairing. Only hope it doesn't take away from the shonen-type action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
-Meanwhile, at Marine HQ, Sengoku appears, and apparently mentions that Kizaru had arrested 500 pirates at Sabaody. It's also said that Jinbei is "running wild", and is not heeding the Shichibukai summons. It also looks like Whitebeard is on the warpath. Garp visits Ace in his cell in Impel Down. He's quite badly beaten.....
And it seems to me that this may mean that at least three to five of the Supernovas were captured. I imagine that weakling Urouge is amongst them. I never liked him at all. His power is so unoriginal, and lame. Creds to Kizaru for finishing up the job even after the SH crew left. Though, of course, that was to be expected. I really liked Kizaru. I can only now imagine what Akainu will be like.

Super strong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
Also, I have a feeling that the "mecha island" that Franky was sent to is the same one from the Eneru ministory. As for Sanji.... to be honest, I'm not very surprised.
I doubt the Mecha Island would be on the moon...it just doesn't seem logical. Plus, the moon may be too far away for Kuma's Nikyu Nikyu to deflect people to.

More importantly to me is to see about Zoro and Usopp, and, as I expected, they'd have the MOST interesting stories, no doubt. It makes ense since they were kept for next chapter...I hope. Chopper's story would be fun~

It would be cool if we got to see at least Zoro, Usopp and Choppers' mini arcs. I'm hoping for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, what good can it be to be on a sky island to study weather? As we've seen, those islands are much higher than normal clouds, and the only weather they have there is sunshine.
Well, seeing as you'd be so high up, with the aid of a little modern technology (telescope), you could observe large portions of the Blue Sea from an aerial POV. Not only that, but it says the island specializes in weather and such, so they'd most likely have a wide array of books there. Not much thought to figure that one out.

Quote:
Ooohh looks like Logia CAN scar... must be Blackbeard's absorbing powers that did it...
How I see it, a Logia user can only heal open wounds, that cut directly into the skin, and maybe not things like punches, or explosion damage. It's not really body healing, but filling in the hole in the elemental space.

So it's probably like:

e.g: 1) Kizaru is fighting, and his rm is punched out of socket. Cannot regenerate it, since the amount of mass in his body is still the same, so there's no need to regenerate mass to make up the void.

e.g: 2) Kizaru is fighting, and Rayleigh synchs his Haki with Will to Cut Light. He slices off an arm. Kizaru's body mass has effectively been reduced, so the elemental regeneration can take place.

Or this could be all wrong, and the more sensible thing I've thought up is that once a Logia user manages to activate his elemental composition form while being injured, as long as the form was on while he was being damaged, the element will regenerate the Logia user. So it's like:

e.g: 3) Kizaru is fighting and his arm is punched out of socket, but as it's happening, he element-changes. So, as he element-changes, regeneration starts up.

e.g: 4) Kizaru is fighting and is hit and his arm is dislocated from its socket. But the hit was too quick, and even though he tried to activate the Logia form, he was a split second too late, so he just retains the injury, and turns elemental at that moment. And after re-solidifying, the injury is still there.

Or...???

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:44   Link #29
seiji_kun

Quote:
Nah, I personally can't see him immediately joining an other crew if Whitebeard dies. I also think it would be a major insult to his crew after they tried to save him and it costed their captain. That tattoo is kind of in the way to and he can't even do a Nami with it nor would I like seeing someone with a WB tattoo in the strawhats. And ain't the strawhats already enough of a saucefest?
Old 2008-11-18, 13:53   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Logias aren't really all that broken, though.... 'sides the strawhats should have a little bit of everything in the crew, y'know?

Usopp can shoot fire from Kabuto. Franky can breathe fire, Sanji has his Diable Jambe, a heat-based kicking technique, and even Zoro showed off some crazy fire-based sword technique when he defeated Ryuuma. Do we really need a fire logia when you consider that almost half the crew can use fire-based attacks already?

I highly doubt that any type of Logia would be needed for the crew. They already have the necessary skills to make it in the New World, but they just need to improve said skills, that's all....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 15:26   Link #31
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Nah, I personally can't see him immediately joining an other crew if Whitebeard dies. I also think it would be a major insult to his crew after they tried to save him and it costed their captain. That tattoo is kind of in the way to and he can't even do a Nami with it nor would I like seeing someone with a WB tattoo in the strawhats. And ain't the strawhats already enough of a saucefest?
Definitely not right away, no no no. I think him joining the crew would take even longer than Brooks took to decide.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 15:53   Link #32
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Usopp can shoot fire from Kabuto. Franky can breathe fire, Sanji has his Diable Jambe, a heat-based kicking technique, and even Zoro showed off some crazy fire-based sword technique when he defeated Ryuuma. Do we really need a fire logia when you consider that almost half the crew can use fire-based attacks already?
I know what you mean. I think a different elemental should join them.

Quote:
I highly doubt that any type of Logia would be needed for the crew. They already have the necessary skills to make it in the New World, but they just need to improve said skills, that's all....
It's not about necesity in terms of skills. They need a Logia for the sake of making them seem more balanced. But that's really my excuse for wanting to see one join them. Same goes for mer/fish-people.
Old 2008-11-18, 17:07   Link #33
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
If any type of Logia were to join the crew, I stand by my statement of a water logia, simply because a person made out of water who cannot float would be one of the funniest things I could possibly imagine.

I remember I talked about this idea a while back on another forum, I think I'll re-vamp it and potst an outline for this character in the New Crewmate Speculation thread.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 17:49   Link #34
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Nami's case will be interesting. Unlike others, her strength lies in her analytical thinking ability. And, you cannot make good use of that without external help. How can she make use of the advantages of a weather island, then? A different set of combinations to alter weather. Unless a new version will be invented, I doubt it. To make use of the air flow changes during a fight, and respond that quickly with her clima tact. Not her style, especially the quick response part. But, I guess the island being a part of sky islands, and the weapon that she uses sharing the same origin says a lot. It combines both her intelligence and the source of that technology. If she can improve her navigating skills, and add thunderstorm/hurricane kind of patterns to her clima tact (can be very useful in defending herself, like placing her within the eye of a hurricane, while destroying the surroundings) then the result would be satisfying for her.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 17:52   Link #35
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Nami's case will be interesting. Unlike others, her strength lies in her analytical thinking ability. And, you cannot make good use of that without external help. How can she make use of the advantages of a weather island, then? A different set of combinations to alter weather. Unless a new version will be invented, I doubt it. To make use of the air flow changes during a fight, and respond that quickly with her clima tact. Not her style, especially the quick response part. But, I guess the island being a part of sky islands, and the weapon that she uses sharing the same origin says a lot. It combines both her intelligence and the source of that technology. If she can improve her navigating skills, and add thunderstorm/hurricane kind of patterns to her clima tact (can be very useful in defending herself, like placing her within the eye of a hurricane, while destroying the surroundings) then the result would be satisfying for her.
It would be interesting then if where Nami ended up was not actually an island but in the middle of a storm, stranded with nothing but a lifeboat to keep afloat. Nami's gone years on independence alone under Arlong and I'd like to see more of this side of her. Plus, it would be a ood chance for her to really display (and probably learn herself) the real scope of the Climatect's abilities.

Even better to the plot would be if she ended up in the middle of tha great current between the three WG monuments the Kuja were talking about.
Old 2008-11-18, 17:55   Link #36
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wow. Tight chapter. Amazing how fast everything is going now.
Old 2008-11-18, 17:58   Link #37
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Bout time we get to see what's happening in the One Piece world!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 18:11   Link #38
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Even better to the plot would be if she ended up in the middle of tha great current between the three WG monuments the Kuja were talking about.
Their current struggle is not about getting stronger, but instead gathering together at the same place. Getting stronger was the sole reason for that separation, but, the story flow will likely get constructed to make it look like as an along-the-way kind of thing. Hence, a struggle just to survive does not seem a good idea along those lines. The time is too short to introduce any unnecessary delay for that.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 18:40   Link #39
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Their current struggle is not about getting stronger, but instead gathering together at the same place. Getting stronger was the sole reason for that separation, but, the story flow will likely get constructed to make it look like as an along-the-way kind of thing. Hence, a struggle just to survive does not seem a good idea along those lines. The time is too short to introduce any unnecessary delay for that.
What unecessary delay; they have time to spare before anything momentous happens in the story (six days if the Kuja are right), the rest of the crew could be doing all kinds of things just attempting to reach whatever meeting point they may encounter.
Old 2008-11-18, 18:42   Link #40
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
What unecessary delay; they have time to spare before anything momentous happens in the story (six days if the Kuja are right), the rest of the crew could be doing all kinds of things just attempting to reach whatever meeting point they may encounter.
Exactly. I was actually thinking about Sanji learning to run on water... But maybe that would be more Zoro's thing, walking on water to try to get back to the rest of the crew....