AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 13:09   Link #101
Lesca

Not a bad first episode, did remind me of the first seasons one but I was just glad to see the "conclusion" to S1's final episode. Nice to see witches from other SW works, even if it was just a glimpse, hoping they'll have a more prominent roll later on.
Considering Mio's VA was changed I didn't really notice it, if I hadn't of read about the change I might not have even realised >.> laugh sounded different though, but fine.
Old 2010-07-08, 13:29   Link #102
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The animation seems to be top notch. AIC banzai! (its good I was worried for nothing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesca View Post
Considering Mio's VA was changed I didn't really notice it, if I hadn't of read about the change I might not have even realised >.> laugh sounded different though, but fine.
I know what you mean. She does sound more like a bitch witch now so all is good.
Old 2010-07-08, 14:11   Link #103
Dahak86
Classics never age

ok, finally watched this. (after a good amount of sleep ), and... all I can say is..
WoW, it was like SW first ep all over again! Glad to see "continuation" from where they left off last season. Good Job AIC, really!
Oh, I'm soo happy! my flyin' no-pantsu witches are BACK!! 2 years worth waiting, indeed.
Loved it, a good start. Can't wait for next ep.

And I, too, couldn't tell the difference with Mio's voice change, Good Job Saori Seto!
well, the laugh was way different though.

and this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
some1 post a clip of this on youtube for comparison lolz >
yea, we soo need a split-screen comparison! haha..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
If anyone dare call me "lolitron" in this thread, I'll.... slap you with the force
Never fear, loli eiko mangatron is here! -lost in space quote- Lol, I always wanted to say it, plz don't slap me!
well, since you're here, maybe I should start calling you pantsutron.

Quote:
Hmm, a proxy based in the US might work. There are some browser based proxies that people can use to watch Youtube and stuff.
yea, I know there are several ways to get past the block out there. but that's not what I meant... I was just pointing out that for them to stick with the "region block thingy" is useless (and utterly ridiculous), I think it doesn't help the cause of "doing good" to the anime industry as a whole, it's just pissing off all non-US fans (especially EU ones), without doing any good...

well, since I want quality from my anime, I wouldn't watch streams in any case... the day they'll stream 720p or 1080p quality with nearly perfect subs, maybe I'll change my mind.

but that's just my stupid rant, filled with non-sense.. so, feel free to ignore it.

Quote:
By the way, I'm not strange for wanting another "Episode 07", right? Right? Tell me I'm lolitronOhImeanSane
Oooh... ep 7 Yeah! I want another one too!!
Anyway, a really good start for this series, a nice cliffhanger at the end, just like first season ep1.. can't wait to see the rest, and to see Sanya, Erica and all other witches back in action.

obligatory Sankaku Complex articles: 1 2

ALL HAIL government approved loli pantsu/nopan witches!
Old 2010-07-08, 15:23   Link #104
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

This first episode didn't disappoint. A big throwback to the first season for most parts, but if it stays as good as this, both in visuals and story-wise, I don't care and will happily sit back for the ride.
Old 2010-07-08, 16:47   Link #105
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
Oh I see. ^ Even the figures Minna's strikers where the only ones with these bumps. I have the Strike Witches Vol.1 Trading figure, wished i could get Vol.2 also.

btw for the reference of other people, this was the minute detail I was talking about
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1988/ref3.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7298/ref1f.jpg
Although Eila's shouldn't have those bumps too.. probably just an animation error.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6089/ref2r.jpg

Edit:
Seems that the Striker unit designation for Minna's was wrong, she should have a BF109G-6

not BF109G-2
Looks like an error crept in during the animation character design phase for Eila since the "bumps" are here in the character settei:
Spoiler for Large images:
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:13   Link #106
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
But when some one is walking forward, and they place the camera where we get a close-up view of her crotch; that annoys me.
I just wanted to quote this (it's why I couldn't help smiling, but man it just felt weird is all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Never fear, loli eiko mangatron is here! -lost in space quote- Lol, I always wanted to say it, plz don't slap me!
well, since you're here, maybe I should start calling you pantsutron.
*force-slap

Whoa, pantsutron, I wasn't expecting that

Quote:
yea, I know there are several ways to get past the block out there. but that's not what I meant... I was just pointing out that for them to stick with the "region block thingy" is useless (and utterly ridiculous), I think it doesn't help the cause of "doing good" to the anime industry as a whole, it's just pissing off all non-US fans (especially EU ones), without doing any good...

..but that's just my stupid rant, filled with non-sense.. so, feel free to ignore it.
But that's the thing, see. The fact that employee's can bypass government-level firewalls to access Facebook or Youtube, makes me wonder why region-blocking on video-streaming even matters (I'm looking at you MTV!). Look at the US Military now, they are slowly lifting the blocks placed on those sites because they know it damages morale instead of fixing it. (Man, I hated how I couldn't access Korean sites(they placed a block primarily aimed at North Korea) on their infrastructure lol)

And that's the thing about Anime, you are right, it's not doing them any good at all.

Quote:
Oooh... ep 7 Yeah! I want another one too!!
Anyway, a really good start for this series, a nice cliffhanger at the end, just like first season ep1.. can't wait to see the rest, and to see Sanya, Erica and all other witches back in action.

ALL HAIL government approved loli pantsu/nopan witches!
NOoooooo! The cliffhangers! I thought we left that behind when Dai Maou and Stargate Universe ended

Wait, I just realized I have to wait 6 more weeks to see what episode 07 would be... Grr
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:38   Link #107
Qikz

Pretty good start to the season, will be much better when they get Lynette back in it though. Or, when they all get together again.

I thought the bit with the bear was pretty cool, it was mainly just a massive demonstration that she's got control over her powers more, proved more by the massive magic circle on take off. Can't wait to see more. <3
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:48   Link #108
Piroko
Unknown Sleeping Youkai
*Fansubber

Finally got around to watching it, and I think it's great!

I was a bit irked about the switching between 3D and 2D animation in the OP and ED. It just looks awkward when the Witches look rigid and move weird, then suddenly look smooth and fine. xD

Mio really came back this season as being a tad bit too mean, and I really felt bad for Yoshika to put up with her. Though, the change of heart from Mio as Yoshika chased the plane was surprising too.

Finally, some good Lucchini cuteness at the end to tie the episode together :3

Look forward to StrikeS's release of SW2 too!
Piroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 21:14   Link #109
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
LOL I know what you mean. As the primary button, once it dies the whole game dies

Maybe you should have lowered the BPM?

Wha? She joined the military? Man, I must really be out of it today (a Blackberry is eluding my repair skills, despite the solution being as clear as day)

Oh the horror! Now I have to watch things at least 2-3 times nowadays (darn you Ichiban for frying my brain!)
what i meant was micchan should just join the army and and follow miyafuji soo she wont have that annoying widow wife expression when she is left alone AGAIN
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:10   Link #110
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it good they started where they left off
Old 2010-07-08, 22:21   Link #111
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
what i meant was micchan should just join the army and and follow miyafuji soo she wont have that annoying widow wife expression when she is left alone AGAIN
For some reason I can't stop laughing about that, probably because I never viewed that like that

Think about the real horror: Micchan now has to attend high-school alone! Oh the loneliness!
Old 2010-07-09, 01:56   Link #112
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Think about the real horror: Micchan now has to attend high-school alone! Oh the loneliness!
- I don't see why they can't just have Micchan join up. Lord knows Humikane's ALREADY drawn her (or a character that looks like her) in Strikers, wieldign a machinegun and a shot-up dummy Neuori Target. With all the fuss about bringing in more characters to the SW TV series, NOT including a character we -EXPECT- to be brought in is pretty damn lax...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 02:08   Link #113
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
For some reason I can't stop laughing about that, probably because I never viewed that like that

yeah WHy oh WHY cant yoshika take a hint that many girls love her (in a REAL i wanna push you down to bed way)
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 02:35   Link #114
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

BTW: Does anyone know if the insignia shown at the end credits are available anywhere online in a clear format? I'm kind of wanting to make waterslide decals/stickers of Minna's insignia, shown here, but without the ED credits text (and of better quality).

wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 04:19   Link #115
mangatron

phone post

Wow, water slides. Never had luck with those for model kits, but good luck dude. I am also interested to know if there are better quality versions of these, I'm really liking Erika's emblem/insignia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
yeah WHy oh WHY cant yoshika take a hint that many girls love her (in a REAL i wanna push you down to bed way)
I'm going to paraphrase CIA agent Wade from Tomorrow Never Dies:

"She [Miyafuji] didn't even say goodbye!"

Old 2010-07-09, 06:11   Link #116
Wrath88
Kissing...

What're your thoughts on the OP/ED this time? Somehow not as nice as I'd have liked it to be.
Old 2010-07-09, 06:46   Link #117
bombyethan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
BTW: Does anyone know if the insignia shown at the end credits are available anywhere online in a clear format? I'm kind of wanting to make waterslide decals/stickers of Minna's insignia, shown here, but without the ED credits text (and of better quality).

lol every witch has their own insignia?
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 06:50   Link #118
mangatron

phone post

Apparently, they do have their own insignia/emblem/logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
What're your thoughts on the OP/ED this time? Somehow not as nice as I'd have liked it to be.
It was okay. Although I'm basing this on the view, see...

Would like to know if the ED would be Bookmark'ed AKA multiple versions of it.
Old 2010-07-09, 07:37   Link #119
Solafighter
Hige

Great first episode. Best aviation anime ever(even though, its not that realistic).

Best engine sounds, high detail on the aircrafts, simply awsome. :thumbsUp:

Cant wait for the next episode.
Old 2010-07-09, 09:21   Link #120
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Anyone knows what fighter aircraft were flying together with the 504th JFW?

I know the Tri-engine plane was a Ju-52..

I was wondering if the fighters where either G.55, a Re.2005 or a Macchi 205?

I'm no-go with most warbirds actually..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
Looks like an error crept in during the animation character design phase for Eila since the "bumps" are here in the character settei:
Spoiler for Large images:
If Tk is indeed correct, those bumps could be for holding larger ammo rounds, though it might have other functions since these are striker units.. maybe like Magic Processing unit or something similar?

Eila's units shouldn't have those "bumps" if she was indeed give a BF109G-2 variant whilst Minna having a BF109G-6 similar to Erica's

I don't know.. Maybe Gonzo used the same template for Eila, Minna & Erica's Strikers in the anime.. ^

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-07-09 at 09:50.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume