AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-02-19, 09:22   Link #24561
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Looking at those pics, I find Duel to be the best MG design in months. Bravo Bandai. When you touch your lovechild, you really can do wonders. Let the haters grind their teeth, as the new king of MG lines arrived...! at least until the first season 00 mechas come to the table ;D Dynames would totally mess up the world with its perfect design. Add proper green, not the cartoonish one like in No Grades and HGs and we have a total all-time winner :]
Old 2012-02-19, 09:36   Link #24562
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Looking at those pics, I find Duel to be the best MG design in months. Bravo Bandai. When you touch your lovechild, you really can do wonders. Let the haters grind their teeth, as the new king of MG lines arrived...! at least until the first season 00 mechas come to the table ;D Dynames would totally mess up the world with its perfect design. Add proper green, not the cartoonish one like in No Grades and HGs and we have a total all-time winner :]
it really does look awesome! mine has arrived in germany now and is about to go through customs^^ if everything goes as well as it did with my full armor unicorn i might actually have it on tuesday!
im glad that i bought some matt top coat for it though, it looks very plasticy in all of those photos!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 09:56   Link #24563
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i really dont get how so many people always complain that you cant rotate the waist and head 180 or even 360 degrees :P its not like this benefits posing!
human-like posability is all you really need. and the duel seems to nail that pretty well!
Some people prefer the option and freedom to be there rather than not.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 10:03   Link #24564
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Let the haters grind their teeth, as the new king of MG lines arrived...! at least until the first season 00 mechas come to the table ;D Dynames would totally mess up the world with its perfect design.
I take it you really love Dynames' huge ass-boosters then?
Old 2012-02-19, 10:04   Link #24565
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So it looks like I may be getting the MG AGE-1 Normal (even w/ the knee problem)... =P

Maybe the Age series will become my next favorite series?? HM....lol
Old 2012-02-19, 10:12   Link #24566
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Some people prefer the option and freedom to be there rather than not.
i dont see the advantage of having a completely useless "feature" though^^
Old 2012-02-19, 10:20   Link #24567
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
i dont see the advantage of having a completely useless "feature" though^^
Nobody like restrictions enforced on them, plain and simple. In fact, Hacchaka hopes that the waist articulation to be improved on the MG Buster. Just so he can swing the combine cannons however and wherever he wants them.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 12:08   Link #24568
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Nobody like restrictions enforced on them, plain and simple. In fact, Hacchaka hopes that the waist articulation to be improved on the MG Buster. Just so he can swing the combine cannons however and wherever he wants them.
your body is restricted though, too^^ i dont see you spinning your waist 360° XD
i think reasonable restrictions are a good thing because they make poses more realistic.
Old 2012-02-19, 12:25   Link #24569
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
your body is restricted though, too^^ i dont see you spinning your waist 360° XD
i think reasonable restrictions are a good thing because they make poses more realistic.
More to the point the Gundams in the shows don't rotate the full 360 do they?
So in a way Duel is very realistic in this regard.
If it turns far enough then it's all good and by the looks of it it does which is fine with me.
Plenty of other models to use for a pose with the torso turned 180 and even then if one wanted to use the duel that their porblem really, I mean who'd want to do some stupid pose with a 180 turned torso anyway, maybe for fun for like 2 mins after that it's back to kick ass pose.

It's as it's always been, people complaining for the sake of complaining(I know I do at times)

Just like that AGE-1 knee thingy, omg please, hardly a major point.
I'm more concerned about the (pretty cool)thumb joint than colour of knee plate.
How well does that thumb joint hold up?
How far does it bend back, could I do a thumbs up pose?!
Old 2012-02-19, 12:43   Link #24570
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

Just like that AGE-1 knee thingy, omg please, hardly a major point.
I'm more concerned about the (pretty cool)thumb joint than colour of knee plate.
How well does that thumb joint hold up?
How far does it bend back, could I do a thumbs up pose?!
the thumb is probably the same as the 2.0 jointed fingers. and on my MG sinanju they are holding up pretty nicely^^
what im curious about is the articulation of the entire frame. according to someone on gundam eclipse who actually works for bluefin the new frames are going to be more functional and streamlined in their construction but have more mechanical details so that you can actually display the frame in a better fashion.
im really curious to see reviews after this kit is released because of that new frame!
Old 2012-02-19, 20:21   Link #24571
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
More to the point the Gundams in the shows don't rotate the full 360 do they?
So in a way Duel is very realistic in this regard.
If it turns far enough then it's all good and by the looks of it it does which is fine with me.
Plenty of other models to use for a pose with the torso turned 180 and even then if one wanted to use the duel that their porblem really, I mean who'd want to do some stupid pose with a 180 turned torso anyway, maybe for fun for like 2 mins after that it's back to kick ass pose.
And even if someone wanted to do a 180 degree pose on the Duel for some reason, they can just remove the top half from the waist, turn it, then stick it back.

The 140 degrees waist range on the Duel is just about right for me. Heck, I'll even forgo full leg splits or whatnot on my Gundam models for greater amour details.
Un1ver5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 04:57   Link #24572
HasuMasu
*Artist

On the topic of waist joints, I find RG Freedom likes to separate at the waist every now and then.

Maybe I just didn't put the upper body on the right way...
Old 2012-02-20, 06:13   Link #24573
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
On the topic of waist joints, I find RG Freedom likes to separate at the waist every now and then.

Maybe I just didn't put the upper body on the right way...
Still solid on mine, but I was extra careful in posing the Freedom considering their paperthin parts. Maybe they'll redesign it for RG Gundam Mk. II; it's a bigger mobile suit.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:30   Link #24574
Appel

dang it, they picked up my duel from the customs office this morning instead of yesterday in the evening so it missed todays delivery truck XD oh well, at least that means that i WILL get it tomorrow. and i still have a day off tomorrow so i still have enough time to build it.
i hate waiting for packages, i always turn into a 10 year old little boy when im waiting for one because im so impatient^^
this also gives me more time to prepare since i plan to actually do a video review of it (mainly because i want to avoid studying but thats besides the point...)! i just want to give that a try for once :P and when i get it tomorrow id be the first to have a video about the model itself up on youtube ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Still solid on mine, but I was extra careful in posing the Freedom considering their paperthin parts. Maybe they'll redesign it for RG Gundam Mk. II; it's a bigger mobile suit.
i could imagine that the freedom would be rather fragile with that many details at such a small scale. but the quality of bandais PS and how they mold it should be enough to hold it together^^
im really curious about how the MK-II will turn out though. i wont buy it myself but im really curious how well it will stack up to the amazing MG MK-II 2.0! that thing still is one of the best models i have ever built!
Old 2012-02-21, 09:21   Link #24575
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
looks like MG Age-1 is having swivel waist for the legs

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...review-by.html

will it be loose after wear n tear?

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 09:31   Link #24576
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So the knee issue isn't that bad...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5gxqKTNgdt...o/s1600/21.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XNiTd4dyhb...0/s1600/22.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NdHjXt-UnZ...I/s1600/23.jpg
Old 2012-02-21, 09:36   Link #24577
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
looks like MG Age-1 is having swivel waist for the legs

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...review-by.html

will it be loose after wear n tear?

I think it's similar to MG Exia's. Personally, I don't it'll become loose that easily. Firstly, you don't often use that joint. Lastly, my Exia's still solid. Actually, it's very stiff and how I wish it'll be easier to move it while maintaining its sturdiness.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 09:52   Link #24578
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I think it's similar to MG Exia's. Personally, I don't it'll become loose that easily. Firstly, you don't often use that joint. Lastly, my Exia's still solid. Actually, it's very stiff and how I wish it'll be easier to move it while maintaining its sturdiness.
i have check is not similar to exia/00 raiser/00 qan[t]
This is an entire new waist joint for the legs
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 10:15   Link #24579
Appel

you are a little late to the party here, we found that out before you posted your initial complaint about this ;D

the waist does look interesting though. in my experience these joints dont get loose that easily so i think it will be the same here.
i am SO curious as to how well the AGE-1s frame will work^^
Old 2012-02-21, 10:18   Link #24580
casval cehack

Quote:
i could imagine that the freedom would be rather fragile with that many details at such a small scale. but the quality of bandais PS and how they mold it should be enough to hold it together^^
im really curious about how the MK-II will turn out though. i wont buy it myself but im really curious how well it will stack up to the amazing MG MK-II 2.0! that thing still is one of the best models i have ever built!
Aside from the new tubing material, maybe tiny screws for support. After all they'll probably prepare this for the inevitable RG G-Defenser.

@duotiga - Must be a better sturdier design since Bandai plans to use the same swivel waist for the Titus and Spallow.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy