AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-29, 02:50   Link #7981
monster

The Freedom's extra weapons and the ability to use several of them at once definitely help, but Kira also disabled multiple enemies with just the beam rifle and/or the beam saber.

In fact, that's exactly what he did with the Strike Rouge, for a while anyway.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 12:16   Link #7982
Aquaman OS

Freedom could also run rings around almost every other MS, Strike Rouge really couldn't.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 16:44   Link #7983
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Freedom could also run rings around almost every other MS, Strike Rouge really couldn't.
Actually Im quite sure the Aile Strike could have easily outmaneuvered those Zakus with the Aile pack due to thruster placement and strength (Not too sure about the Goufs though), but he was fighting extremely defensively close to the Eternal
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 18:23   Link #7984
The American Average
2LMES

going to have to agree with Skye629 after all the Strike practically ran rings around The other Gundams in Seed

hit 400 pages cool
Old 2013-06-29, 20:47   Link #7985
Scorpiopt

Strike is faster and more agile than the zakus , besides he was forced to fight in a defensive position , fighting offensive would allow enemys to find a gap and attack eternal directly

The only MS( mass produced) that can keep up with Strike are Jet Windam , Murasame , Gouf
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 21:50   Link #7986
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
The only MS( mass produced) that can keep up with Strike are Jet Windam , Murasame , Gouf
And yet if you are a main character you can shoot those down like clay pigeons
Old 2013-06-29, 21:52   Link #7987
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
And yet if you are a main character you can shoot those down like clay pigeons
Main characters tend to be better-than-average pilots.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 23:05   Link #7988
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And SEED tended to be worse-than-average as far as displaying grunt effectiveness.
Old 2013-06-30, 14:44   Link #7989
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Kinda late to the party, like REALLY late. Just finished the HD Remaster of Seed. They really tried to get rid of those re-used scenes as much as they could. And Perfect Strike made an appearance, hurray! Mu handled that like a badass. Shame it didn't last... eh well.
Spoiler for Regarding Seed:

Anyway, on to Destiny again. Not really a fan of it but the OST is gorgeous. And I'm interested in changes, if there are any. So is all this HD leading to something? Sequel on the move?
Old 2013-06-30, 15:16   Link #7990
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Kinda late to the party, like REALLY late. Just finished the HD Remaster of Seed. They really tried to get rid of those re-used scenes as much as they could. And Perfect Strike made an appearance, hurray! Mu handled that like a badass. Shame it didn't last... eh well.
Spoiler for Regarding Seed:

Anyway, on to Destiny again. Not really a fan of it but the OST is gorgeous. And I'm interested in changes, if there are any. So is all this HD leading to something? Sequel on the move?
I guess it all depends on the sales
Old 2013-06-30, 17:20   Link #7991
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I guess it all depends on the sales
don't be a party pooper we could get more

Well we could get more just because it is Seed/CE. Personally I kinda doubt a sequel is around the corner, because we have Gundam 0079 Origin being teased a bit, Hathaway's Flash Ova rumors, not only that, Wing has been getting quite a big push on stuff like merchandise and manga/novels. With Wings 20th year anniversary coming up too, wouldn't be too surprised on a new Wing series, reboot or OVA sequel.
Old 2013-06-30, 20:49   Link #7992
Aquaman OS

People think they're tested the waters for that Seed film that's been stalled, by seeing is Seed is still relevant. I assume if nobody cared about Seed remaster that would have been it, but it did pretty good.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 01:13   Link #7993
Yye1
Wide Right

Wasn't seed one of the more popular gundam universes and was immensely popular when it aired

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 01:57   Link #7994
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Wasn't seed one of the more popular gundam universes and was immensely popular when it aired
I remember asking that was/why it is popular and heres what somebody told me

Quote:
Came at a time when the franchise was in decline (two commercial bombs and a bad live action TV special) so
the combination of flashy and half-decent early digital animation (ignoring the stock footage) + ensemble cast + TM Revolution
+ attractive male and female character designs + soap opera qualities + nostalgia factor from heavy homages to the original series = massive success.
NONE of those things really hold any appeal to Americans, especially the last one since we only got the original series like three years
earlier instead of watching its premiere 20 years earlier. It came as a rip off instead of being a kind of "back to basics" approach.

Anyway, for the Japanese it was new and familiar at once while still feeling "fresh." We didn't have the kind of cultural saturation and build up that would've made it a success.
so take it with a grain of salt
Old 2013-07-01, 02:32   Link #7995
Skye629

Quote:
don't be a party pooper we could get more

Well we could get more just because it is Seed/CE. Personally I kinda doubt a sequel is around the corner, because we have Gundam 0079 Origin being teased a bit, Hathaway's Flash Ova rumors, not only that, Wing has been getting quite a big push on stuff like merchandise and manga/novels. With Wings 20th year anniversary coming up too, wouldn't be too surprised on a new Wing series, reboot or OVA sequel.
Honestly Im NOT looking forward to more CE.....UNLESS its Astray....but then again Im mature enough to suck it up if they throw a movie/sequel at us......

I really hope they do Origin, would be a good excuse to churn out OYW 3.0 MG kits lol

I would not mind a Wing OVA for Glory of the Losers with EW designs....but the chances of that are so low....
Old 2013-07-01, 06:00   Link #7996
Yye1
Wide Right

Well CE is my favorite universe overall. Zeta and ZZ bored me to death as did most of the OVAs. So I would love more CE.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 18:00   Link #7997
LightMaster

I highly doubt Wing is going to get anything animated before CE does- the sheer canyon of difference between their money making potential aside. CE's gotten the HD remasters of both series, not just released by DVD but streamed and aired on television. There's been a bigger push on CE model kits...since forever, now and before etc, etc; plus well, do we really need to get into who has more manga and things currently running?
LightMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 20:42   Link #7998
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMaster View Post
I highly doubt Wing is going to get anything animated before CE does- the sheer canyon of difference between their money making potential aside. CE's gotten the HD remasters of both series, not just released by DVD but streamed and aired on television.
well, as of now Wing does have a sequel thingy in the works so it'd probably be easier to start while Seed/CE has nothing, well unless that movie promised a long time ago really was finished. The money making series is most likely UC, but Seed is a 2nd. I think Wing made the more money in the West when compared to Japan.

CE is getting the HD thing but Wing, and 0079 are both getting Blu ray releases, just like Seed. (seed is getting reanimated scenes which is awesome and needed.) If anything will be made in CE i'd hope Bandai would go with Astray series/OVA. cause a lot can happen with that.

Quote:
There's been a bigger push on CE model kits...since forever, now and before etc, etc;
Models are being made for every series and Wing Too has been getting a huge push in models lately. so using models to judge is kinda hard.

Quote:
plus well, do we really need to get into who has more manga and things currently running?
My bet would be UC theres like a million of those, just seems Seed/CE has less but on a whole, more popular stuff (Astray)
Old 2013-07-02, 06:59   Link #7999
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
I remember asking that was/why it is popular and heres what somebody told me

so take it with a grain of salt
Wat exactly do you take with a grain of salt?
Old 2013-07-02, 12:55   Link #8000
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Wat exactly do you take with a grain of salt?
"take it with a grain of salt" is an old expression. so its like "take it for what its worth" or "to accept a thing less than fully" but i bet you already knew of this expression

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep