AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 7 10.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 15.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 37.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-10, 20:25   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Anyways good on Tanaka for getting himself out of that world. Make a good choice and just move on with a normal life. Better to be with the person you care about out there then in the Flame Haze world. Probably would rather be frozen in a fuzetsu with Oga-chan than to watch and hope she doesn't get blasted again.

Honestly a relief that we didn't have an Ike getting dragged around moment. Just giving some advice and being a reasonable voice to talk with is a good role there.

Guess if Satou's wanting to be a Flame Haze doesn't pan out, working for Outlaw is a good fall back. Though considering they are getting attacked lately, probably not the safest choice to be going with.

When it's not about relationships or people being in love with him, Yuji can be pretty solid. Working on that training and hopefully becoming useful out there.
Old 2008-02-10, 21:10   Link #42
Kristen
*Author

They are still going on about that Episode 13 fight? What is Tanaka so upset about? Sure, maybe the episode 13 stuff was a bit of a shock to him at first. But it's been like at least a week since then, and he's still depressed over it? She's not dead!
His emotions right now are so incredibly fake. She's not dead, yet he's acting like it. It's just getting annoying at this point.

This episode had absolutely nothing in it to grab my attention or make me like it. And the Tanaka stuff just threw me off the wall. They definately improved on decreasing the overly dramatic moments, so that's a plus. I'd say just Shana's "Wilhelemina" when she read about the attack at the Outlaw was the only one this week.

However, no interest and a bad point makes me give this episode a 5. Subpar in terms of anime.
Old 2008-02-10, 21:18   Link #43
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

He's afraid of losing her, thats the whole point. If he continues to be in a world he doesn't belong in, the one he loves most will have a higher chance of getting dragged into that world. He realized normal humans don't belong there....

I wish Kazumi is as smart as him..
Old 2008-02-10, 21:23   Link #44
BigGimp77

Yea too much of Tanaka in this episode. I dont really find him and Oga that interesting of a story. Feels like it was just 'tagged' on there and it annoys me. Hopefully they're going to play less of a role in the future. And yet another Kazumi scene with her contemplating about Pheles. I'm kinda hoping she just accidently summons Pheles one of these days and gets it over with.
Old 2008-02-10, 21:32   Link #45
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Yea too much of Tanaka in this episode. I dont really find him and Oga that interesting of a story. Feels like it was just 'tagged' on there and it annoys me. Hopefully they're going to play less of a role in the future. And yet another Kazumi scene with her contemplating about Pheles. I'm kinda hoping she just accidently summons Pheles one of these days and gets it over with.
I'm hoping that she uses it, and it ends up being a thing to make a contract between her and Pheles so that Kazumi can become a Flame Haze, and then at that point she can protect Yuji more than Shana, be with Yuji more, and have a happy end with him.

Kazumi+Yuji=Ai

One thing that I forgot to mention is that this episode is highly lacking in Kazumi, another reason for me to downrate it.
Old 2008-02-10, 21:45   Link #46
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I'm hoping that she uses it, and it ends up being a thing to make a contract between her and Pheles so that Kazumi can become a Flame Haze, and then at that point she can protect Yuji more than Shana, be with Yuji more, and have a happy end with him.

Kazumi+Yuji=Ai

One thing that I forgot to mention is that this episode is highly lacking in Kazumi, another reason for me to downrate it.
Ugggh I'm going to be sick

I didn't mind Kazumi as much in the first season but this season she's just driving me insane.
Old 2008-02-10, 21:51   Link #47
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Oga-chan is hot, thats enough reason to show her more often, lol

Anyway, imagine this scenario....

After a hundred years or so, after every major fight Shana and Yuji are in, they have hot sweaty loli sex in the mist of the battle grounds, lol..
Old 2008-02-10, 21:53   Link #48
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
well, i don't think pheles would give up her freedom to be kazumi's contractor, and there is only one ending for flame hazes - death.
Old 2008-02-10, 22:17   Link #49
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kazumi will explode, mark my words!
Old 2008-02-10, 22:36   Link #50
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
After a hundred years or so, after every major fight Shana and Yuji are in, they have hot sweaty loli sex in the mist of the battle grounds, lol..
That would make for a great third season lol
Old 2008-02-10, 22:44   Link #51
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
That would make for a great third season lol
I'd watch it
Old 2008-02-10, 23:26   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I rather enjoyed it. These emo eps are more tolerable when they come as breathers than when they're seven-ep blocks. And I though this was better than most of the "school life" eps earlier in the season.
Old 2008-02-11, 02:34   Link #53
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Ugggh I'm going to be sick

I didn't mind Kazumi as much in the first season but this season she's just driving me insane.
Quoted for effing truth.
Old 2008-02-11, 03:30   Link #54
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yoshida is so bloody boring.

How many freaking times are they are going to flashback to Pheles telling her what that cross is for? How many times is she going to repeat herself in hopes of affirmation?

"IF MY LOVE FOR YUJI IS REAL BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

WE GOT IT THE FIRST TIME ALREADY.

I wish she'd use it and call Pheles to say Yuji can't tie his shoes or some crap, just so she'd be out of the picture already.

And I swear I've gotten more out of the past few episodes in regards to Satou, Tanaka, and Ogata then I have this entire season with the main characters. Seriously, how am I supposed to be entertained / excited over them LOOKING OVER PAPERWORK? Are you freaking serious?

Wow.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-02-11, 05:56   Link #55
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Eh, she just had one short scene. It isn't that bad.

It's a pretty good episode otherwise. The characters are finally getting their acts together after all. Yuuji is no longer in dumb harem lead mode, Ike no longer a comic relief character, and Sato and Eita finally decided to walk separate paths. It's been hinted as long as their first appearances with Margerie (Sato's always the guy to take the initiative; Tanaka just tagged along), and I like it that they decide to bring the issue to its logical conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD
They are still going on about that Episode 13 fight? What is Tanaka so upset about? Sure, maybe the episode 13 stuff was a bit of a shock to him at first. But it's been like at least a week since then, and he's still depressed over it? She's not dead!
His emotions right now are so incredibly fake. She's not dead, yet he's acting like it. It's just getting annoying at this point.
It's more like some sort of a phobia than rational fear, in my view. It's like, he saw his beloved got torn apart in the Fuzetsu. Sure, she healed back, and everything's fine afterwards, but he'll never be able to dissociate Fuzetsu with Oga-chan in danger ever again. To me that's more-or-less convincing.

That aside, humans have an amazing capacity to deny the truth if the truth is too hard to think about. I'm sure Tanaka will "forget" about the Crimson World soon enough. He won't be able to see torches or move around in Fuzetsu's without those gadgets after all -- he won't even know about it if Ogata's suddenly killed and turned into a torch.
Old 2008-02-11, 06:40   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Yoshida is so bloody boring.

How many freaking times are they are going to flashback to Pheles telling her what that cross is for? How many times is she going to repeat herself in hopes of affirmation?

"IF MY LOVE FOR YUJI IS REAL BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

WE GOT IT THE FIRST TIME ALREADY.

I wish she'd use it and call Pheles to say Yuji can't tie his shoes or some crap, just so she'd be out of the picture already.

And I swear I've gotten more out of the past few episodes in regards to Satou, Tanaka, and Ogata then I have this entire season with the main characters. Seriously, how am I supposed to be entertained / excited over them LOOKING OVER PAPERWORK? Are you freaking serious?

Wow.
HAHA!...yea

She pratically has no character depth and is only a spectator, who happens to get in the way a lot of the times as well. Can't blame her for trying but I do wonder what role she plays besides being demoralizing - not that the other "emos" aren't bad enough, yuji at least can lift up 10 tonnes

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-11, 07:36   Link #57
Deathscyther

I liked the episode. The one yoshida scene wasn't really worthwhile, but it was enough this episode. We've seen her too much for the last couple of episodes already after all and she has nothing new to bring in at the time.

I like how Satou and Tanake finally made their choices. Satou wasnts to be as much help as he can be to Margery, while Tanaka wants to be with Ogata. He doesn't want to see her 'killed' ever again and decided to follow the same fate as Ogata. If she has to die, he'll never know or die with her. I think this shows how much he loves her and it made me feel good.

Now with all of these problems over, we'll probably see a lot of flame haze action as well as Yuji with his new weapon. It seems that Shana's getting worried about Yuji's change in motivation. Well, I know what is going to happen to some extend, so I have to say that I can't wait for the next couple of episodes.
Old 2008-02-11, 07:42   Link #58
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Sad to see this forum turning into one for bashing Yoshida Kazumi. I understand she isn't exactly a likeable character, but I don't get this hatred-Oh wait, I never do when the reasons for hating the character aren't extremely clear-cut. :eyepsin:

This episode wasn't exactly what I would call 'exciting', and I never expected much action, so I wasn't that disappointed in it. That being said, the most interesting things that occurred were really Wilhelmina's introduction of Sabrac, a little of her past with Pheles and Johan and the preview. While the focus was supposedly on Keisaku and Eita, the impact simply wasn't there, because we don't know what the hell Eita was thinking all this while. If anything, those two friends seemed to represent avatars of decisiveness and indecisiveness respectively, with the problem being resolved at the very end for Eita.

Kazumi wasn't even a key feature in this episode, so the only thing I'd say is that hopefully she has finally decided what she wants to do. Criticising her for thinking as a normal person would is silly, but I don't think I can handle too much indecision on her part.

As for Yuuji...Well, watching his behaviour, I couldn't quite believe that was the same Yuuji a few episodes back, and the preview looks to be VERY interesting in regards to his supposed out-of-character determination. With reference to the spoilers from the novels (which I'm not going to reveal here, obviously), I'm wondering if there are 'internal' forces at work here...Then again, it could simply be Yuuji changing drastically.

While Keisaku looks as though he might actually have a bigger involvement in the world of the Guze, I'm concerned whether his screentime will be drastically reduced as he strives to work at Outlaw.

Other than that, aside from a concerned Shana about Yuuji's behaviour mentioned in the preview, the appearance of Zarovee (who looks like the Tomogara fighting with Yuuji in the OP) should spice things up a little.
Old 2008-02-11, 08:17   Link #59
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
As for Yuuji...Well, watching his behaviour, I couldn't quite believe that was the same Yuuji a few episodes back, and the preview looks to be VERY interesting in regards to his supposed out-of-character determination. With reference to the spoilers from the novels (which I'm not going to reveal here, obviously), I'm wondering if there are 'internal' forces at work here...Then again, it could simply be Yuuji changing drastically.
No J.C is just turning Anime Yuji into Novel Yuji
Old 2008-02-11, 08:56   Link #60
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I dont really blame Tanaka for getting out he has found something more important to him and he has to walk his own path. But he better be prepared to say good-bye to all of his friends except Ike. There is a possiblity that numerous people can and will get killed i just hope he realizes that. I for one could not make the choice Tanaka did. I am a person who thinks about the greater good. I would rather sacrifice myself to save everyone around me instead of playing the safe route and just pretend nothing is happening. Tanaka made the choice on his own and that makes him a man in my eyes, however he better stick that choice and Oga happens to be killed he better not come back crying because that is a possibility, they are right in the middle of the firezone.

Congrats for Yuji for disarming Shana but he was shocked when he did it he left himself open and she kicked him LAMO. Next episode Yuji is pushing himself to hard who didnt see this coming. Its natural when so many people want to kill you. I just hope badass Yuji from the OP happens in the anime eventually but not to soon i dont want it to seem rushed.

ok episode Yoshida was pretty quiet i think her destiny is to be involved in things. If you think about Tanaka has left and Yoshida has stepped in. I think we are going to see her make a big decision that might cost her her life or help her stand where Yuji and Shana are

7/10