AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-06, 01:47   Link #6821
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
Teaching Suzaku to be Fabulous?
That would actually make a very good animated short.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 02:12   Link #6822
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Ichiro Okouchi, 'Continue' vol 42, (October 2008). "Lelouch dead!? Was it a good one or a bad one!?"

-----Some unresolved mysteries still remain.

Okouchi: From the very beginning, [I/we] never planned on explaining everything. In fact, if you ask me, I think we might have overdone the explanations. While it's undeniable that Lelouch's story has ended with a full stop, the other characters' stories are still on-going, and it's not like the world [of Code Geass] itself has come to an end either. [I/we] didn't want to end it by closing it up for good."
OCTOBER 2008. Where the hell are you getting your information from?
As you can now see, Sunrise has provided Taniguchi and Okouchi the option of doing another Code Geass project. Considering that the original plans for Season 2 was compromised, aside from the ending, we might as well see that version get developed as a possible option. Since the original start of Season 2 was to have continued from where Stage 25 of Season One had left off, instead of the one year time skip, we might as well see that version become a reality because it is now confirmed to be true intention of the creators to continue the story from that standpoint at the same latenight audience from the first season.

To me, the creators have a very rare opportunity to replace the current version of Code Geass R2 with the original intended format that they were forced to scrap. This is what I want to see, rather than the Nightmare of Nunnally.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 02:29   Link #6823
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You do realize that if they do remake R2, Milly isn't going to get any closer to Lelouch, right?
Old 2009-12-06, 03:07   Link #6824
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You do realize that if they do remake R2, Milly isn't going to get any closer to Lelouch, right?
Nor will Shirley or Kallen.

I only care about the conflict between Suzaku x Lelouch, that was to have concluded in the original setup for Code Geass R2 before it was scrapped.

I want to see how Lelouch was able to defeat Suzaku.

With regards to the relationship pairings, I just don't care about that anymore. I have already said my opinions. There is nothing else to talk about on that subject matter.
Old 2009-12-06, 04:33   Link #6825
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

If anything, those two would have a better shot than they did before. Minimalizing their roles won't make your pairing any more valid.
Old 2009-12-06, 08:16   Link #6826
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
Code Geass should have a continuation, with a new protagonist, but some of the older characters making a cameo. We could see an older Suzaku, or Kallen in their 30' to 50's.
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:08   Link #6827
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Strictly speaking, it's not true to say everything not written the the original author is not canon. By definition canon refers to 'in terms of a fictional universe,...a body of material that is considered to be "genuine" or "official", that can be directly referenced as, or as if it were, material produced by the original author or creator of a series. (Definition lifted from wikipedia.)
Exactly, the only loophole in the definition is the part you bolded and this applies in cases like Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time. Jordan died before he could finish the final novel and another writer was appointed by his wife (who "inherited" her late husbands creation) so that he could finish the final novel by using Jordan's detailed notes. Jordan himself said "I'm getting out notes, so if the worst actually happens, someone could finish A Memory of Light and have it end the way I want it to end." On his deathbed Jordan also told the entire storyline of the final novel to his loved ones. This means that he was okay with another writer finishing his series but he had to supply detailed notes of everything that was supposed to happen in order for it to be canon.

This new writer (Brandon Sanderson) is writing the final novel but he's not in charge of what happens to the story or the characters. He is adapting Jordan's notes and legacy into a novel which is why the story is still written by Jordan and can thus be considered canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Generally, if the original author gives permission to another writer/other writers to expand the story, appoints a 'successor' of some sort, and/or sells the rights of his/her creation to another person or corporation, whatever he/she/it produces can be considered canon so long as it is interally consistant w/ previous material (and even then, previous material is sometimes reconned). Most often, such material is done under the supervision of the original author, or at least must meet his/her approval, but the actual writing is done by another. The "Expanded Star Wars" universe of novels, comics, games, etc. are all generally considered canon. Other series establish several different 'canons' (ala Gundam). Point is, just because the original author doesn't write it, doesn't mean it's not canon.
No, it can not be considered canon and Star Wars' Expanded Universe is not considered canon. It's considered "apocrypha" - fictional stories that do not belong within a fictional universe's canon, yet still have some authority relating to that fictional universe. I've read more than 50 Star Wars EU (Expanded Universe) novels and I sure didn't consider any of it canon, nor did any of my friends who read them as well consider it canon. Luke Skywalker is not canonically married to Mara Jade and Palpatine did not canonically resurrect himself in order to get his revenge. It's apocrypha since the writers were granted permission to write something set within the fictional realm that the original writer created. Apocrypha is pretty much like fan fiction except it carries some authority given the permission the specific creator was granted.

This is what wikipedia says about apocrypha in case anyone is interested:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The word "Apocrypha" is sometimes used to describe works set in a fictional universe that may not belong in the canon.

These may include tie-in merchandise such as video games, novels and comics, which are sometimes termed 'Expanded Universes'.

Often these materials might contradict the continuity that has already been established by 'canon'. Even when no such contradictions occur, such materials may still be deemed apocrypha possibly because they might have been produced largely independently of the creator of the fictional universe.
Sometimes a character (or something else) that was created in the Expanded Universe is adopted by the canonical works. Star Wars is an example of this. The prequel trilogy featured quite a few things that were originally created within apocrypha. This clearly separates apocrypha from canon as these things, be it a race, a character or some kind of technology, did not become canon until the canonical work "adopted" them.
Old 2009-12-06, 13:30   Link #6828
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
If anything, those two would have a better shot than they did before. Minimalizing their roles won't make your pairing any more valid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

I am going to say this one last time: STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!!!!!

I NEVER MENTIONED ONE WORD ABOUT RELATIONSHIP PAIRINGS AT ALL!!!!!

HOW CHILDISH CAN YOU BE!!!!!
Old 2009-12-06, 18:47   Link #6829
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post

No, it can not be considered canon and Star Wars' Expanded Universe is not considered canon.
also from Wikipedia:

The Star Wars canon consists of the six Star Wars feature films, along with all officially licensed, non-contradicting spin-off works to the six films. As once defined by Lucas Licensing:

We have what we call Canon, which is the screenplays, novelizations, and other works that are directly tied into continuity, and then there are a lot of marginal things, like the old Marvel Comics series, that we don't really try to work into the continuity when we're planning new projects. Even the LucasArts interactive games have a premise, a backstory with player characters that we're trying to tie into the overall continuity. It is sort of a godlike undertaking. We are creating this universe as we go along, but somebody has to keep his finger on everything that came before.

— Allan Kausch, from The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Old 2009-12-06, 21:58   Link #6830
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I am going to say this one last time: STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!!!!!

I NEVER MENTIONED ONE WORD ABOUT RELATIONSHIP PAIRINGS AT ALL!!!!!

HOW CHILDISH CAN YOU BE!!!!!
Less than resorting to YELLING. Just because you've stopped saying it doesn't mean your meaning isn't obvious. You simply want the rest of them to get shortchanged so you can feel better.
Old 2009-12-06, 22:02   Link #6831
HollowScar

I feel for Rolo who must have been empty all along, until Lelouch gave him hope. Died way too young to experience life. Poor chap.
Old 2009-12-06, 23:22   Link #6832
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well thank a lot sunrise ya did it again really besides look at it damages it causes now this really if anyone saw me mention of "rebirth" geass well really it better if they these ideas

1.nightmare or counter or lost colors (yes if bring in rai no "damage" in ep.22-23 & history will change)
2.restart or reboot of geass
3.new idea time travel to change those "events" in r1 & r2 for to save both past & future.

overall i want to make sure that this time geass series will be SAVED.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 23:31   Link #6833
HollowScar

I don't know. Perhaps a geass user in a distant future who was related to Charles, and trained, but escaped the experimentation when Lelouch was trying to kill V.V. Someone who is cunning and smart, and with whom Charles shared so much about Lelouch, so that he began to observe everything, until the arc of new Code Geass started when he finally had most of the answers, and is now trying to get to the throne, that Charles was training the protagonist for. Really far fetched.
Old 2009-12-07, 00:52   Link #6834
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
I don't know. Perhaps a geass user in a distant future who was related to Charles, and trained, but escaped the experimentation when Lelouch was trying to kill V.V. Someone who is cunning and smart, and with whom Charles shared so much about Lelouch, so that he began to observe everything, until the arc of new Code Geass started when he finally had most of the answers, and is now trying to get to the throne, that Charles was training the protagonist for. Really far fetched.
A fresh idea I'll admit yes.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:01   Link #6835
HollowScar

Yeah, but that is the problem. This one has a lot of risk involved, and can really screw up. Maybe they should try someone like Scar from FullMetal Alchemist, who is a total badass, and is a good tactician compared to Lelouch's good strategist, someone who gives us a new perspective, and a new way of winning.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:17   Link #6836
stardrago

If Lelouch does come back I wonder what kind of knightmare frame he would pilot; since his mother was the Ganymede by the largest moon of Jupier he would pilot the "Titan" the second largest moon of Saturn. It would be a knightmare frame version of the earlier design of the Gundam Exia and the Stargazer but has the Vincent's face
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:30   Link #6837
HollowScar

He looks like the kind of guy that would rather sit vack an guide the show, than to actually pilot a knightmare, so it does not matter, as long as Kallen or Suzaku protect him with their high-tech knightmare's.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:32   Link #6838
stardrago

You know how the Frames are based or named after things like Japanese, Chinese, and Athurian. The Titan would be based on Korean legends/mythology. It would also be named the Imoogi/Imugis for its form is in a proto-stage; it would also have powers and forms based on the Tri-grams. its power source would be a gyroscope shaped and its armor is based on a fictional metal that is created, Keumgangium (keumgang means diamond) from the mountains of Korea.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:33   Link #6839
HollowScar

Good research.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:43   Link #6840
Kuroshinobu

That's pretty interesting. I love it when manga/anime are very thoroughly thought out and link to mythology.