AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-20, 06:15   Link #5541
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
I suspect that the 6th level 5 is Aogami Pierce for some reason. Probably because it just seems to late to introduce a new character who would be the 6th level 5.
Lolz. This is something I thought up ages ago as a joke.

From the first chap of my fanfic, Judgement:

Quote:
There was no such reason for Aoigami though; who as far as Touma was aware was just a simple Level 0. Then again, with the way Touma's life had been going recently, he wouldn't be surprised to find out he was wrong and that his friend was actually the Sixth Rank Level 5 in hiding after he accidentally hit on the Fifth strongest Level 5, the Queen, and all her female admirers were after him.
I'd love it if it were true. Then again, with more people liking the idea, it means it wasn't quite as out there as I'd thought

PS: What date does the war end?

Last edited by Ashaman; 2010-10-20 at 06:28.
Old 2010-10-20, 07:11   Link #5542
arkblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
apparently Einstein is not that totally off.

Instead of sticks it would be magical stick
instead of stones ................... I can't think of comparison. Ah stones ... in our country stones can also means drugs. Drugs that use illegally and can make one insane and die.
stones... gemstones maybe? :P
Old 2010-10-20, 07:32   Link #5543
tsunade666

their are 50 gemstones around the world. And Mikoto's father are finding them and even Aurellus knows about them.

so far...... I'm not sure. most of academy city's fire power are man made and artificial and not naturally born like the gemstones.
Old 2010-10-20, 08:20   Link #5544
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
rofl... wow, the Queen of Tokiwadai a Childhood friend to Touma. That would be funny, except their families are from different social circles - I doubt Touma's something like a male 'Ojou-sama'...

And as for crazy theories, I have one: Touma disappeared due to being picked up by Mikoto's father, Misaka Tabikake, and those two are now planning to take down Aleister after Tabikake filled Touma in on Aleister's plans. Now imagine Mikoto's father warning him about even thinking to make a move on his daughter, and Mikoto overhearing that Touma saying he has no interest in Mikoto, saying he's not the kind of person to go after little girls... xD
Touma is "dead" by the time being. It would be more funny if Accelerator ends meeting Tabikake just like he met Misuzu who hung on him in the SS.
Old 2010-10-20, 08:32   Link #5545
tsunade666

^ accelerator meets Tabikake fishing and while fishing he also fish Touma
Old 2010-10-20, 08:47   Link #5546
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
^ accelerator meets Tabikake fishing and while fishing he also fish Touma
That only if Tabikake has a superdimensional fishing rod .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Apparently Einstein was way off.
Magic sticks and "gem" stones, lol.

Einstein was a magician disguised as scientist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I dunno, but judging from the size, it can be as large as Manhattan or even the State of Florida.
About 40 km from the left bridge to the right bridge.
Old 2010-10-20, 09:23   Link #5547
tsunade666

right bridge to left bridge are the wings right? that's like half of it only though if that is the upper portion to the lower power. But still it's more than 40 kilometers.
Old 2010-10-20, 09:43   Link #5548
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
right bridge to left bridge are the wings right? that's like half of it only though if that is the upper portion to the lower power. But still it's more than 40 kilometers.
Left to right, relative to the image. Meaning the longer ends.
Old 2010-10-20, 09:47   Link #5549
tsunade666

there are 4 segments. Unless from the left most to right most. or from the center to the lower most?

still more than 40 kilometers but not in radius if it's from the longs segments already.
Old 2010-10-20, 10:40   Link #5550
Miraluka
Banned

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...apter_4#Part_4
Teh_Ping has completed the Part4.

And Flere has added Vol. 22 afterwords of the author.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me22_Afterword

Interesting. He just called Touma a magical character.

Quote:
From the bottom of his heart what Accelerator wants is not a lover but a family.
Now I feel sad ;_;
Old 2010-10-20, 10:53   Link #5551
tsunade666

he got a family already.

2 mothers
1 sister
1 little sister

now if only aleister would just leave him be. He could have a good nice family.

Plus the imouto would be future wife XD

EDIT:

After reading it. From the authors point of view. Last Order and Accelerator are actually parent and daughter relationship........ I was meh Then that makes worst the wife?
Funny the two adults are still consider the mother but a grandparents for LO

As for Touma making a magical character.................. hmm interesting.

So their are tons of faces for KAMIJOU TOUMA

The author actually values Shiage more and think he improves a lot on this current arc.... okay he said so.....

But the funny part is he values Dark Matter as an exception than Accelerator and Railgun as mere weapons.

And the 7th level 5 is really special I wonder what in store for Gunha now that the author specially mention him and we can probably expect to see the "queen" too. She's been mentioned but no... no clue of 6th.

Okay I there fore concluded 6th rank level 5 = Aogami Pierce.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-10-20 at 11:08.
Old 2010-10-20, 11:16   Link #5552
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...apter_4#Part_4
Teh_Ping has completed the Part4.

And Flere has added Vol. 22 afterwords of the author.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me22_Afterword

Interesting. He just called Touma a magical character.
I don't think it's magical as in the ability of magic, but magical as in a 'wonderful character' like the magic words at the dinner table are please and thank you. I don't know- that's just the vibe I'm getting from the Author, because Touma is a really rare character
Old 2010-10-20, 11:20   Link #5553
tsunade666

I don't also think that magical character refers to the term magic but the term of wonder.

Because the author describe him as versatile with no specialty and can use his power when surrounded by Esper and Magicians but can probably beaten down by a "normal". Colliding beliefs and will.

which I highly doubt. The author purposely show how strong and enduring Touma is for a normal to beat him. Unless that normal use a gun but still Touma is smart to not get killed.
Old 2010-10-20, 11:31   Link #5554
outerelf

Quote:
I don't also think that magical character refers to the term magic but the term of wonder.

Because the author describe him as versatile with no specialty and can use his power when surrounded by Esper and Magicians but can probably beaten down by a "normal". Colliding beliefs and will.

which I highly doubt. The author purposely show how strong and enduring Touma is for a normal to beat him. Unless that normal use a gun but still Touma is smart to not get killed.
The problem with Touma is that he draws strength from his convictions. But if he were to fight against someone who has the same convictions as he does, then he has no reason to fight other then to save his life, and thereby wouldn't be able to fight them really.

It's the same thing with Mikoto- Squishy Wizards are sent flying when they try destroying what Touma holds dear, but when Mikoto started frying him on the bridge during the Sister Experiment he didn't raise a hand. Why? Because they had nearly the exact same convictions- they didn't want the sisters to die, and they wanted a better way to solve the problem.

Touma might not die, but he would still be beaten.
Old 2010-10-20, 11:31   Link #5555
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
I suspect that the 6th level 5 is Aogami Pierce for some reason. Probably because it just seems to late to introduce a new character who would be the 6th level 5.
While this would indeed be hilarious, if he was a level 5 he would not be in such an ordinary high school, regardless of his grades. He would definitely be in something more special (yes, the double meaning is intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For all we know, the 6th Level 5 might already be dead, and there's no one to replace him/her. Similar to how Kakine is still considered Number 2 even if all that's left of him is a Brain.
But Kakine is technically still alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

Oh, and I just remembered... Rikou didn't get captured by Academy City, that was a mistranslation - both Rikou and Mugino are with Shiage right now, and Shiage have just taken down ITEM's backer on the Board of directors and is about to torture her into spilling all she knows about Academy City's 'potential ratings', known as [Parameter List]. To quote Shiage:

"If what's on the line is protecting those most important to you, things no matter how terrible can be done for that goal. That is the truth. So now I'll let you see just how cruel humanity can be."
Hamazura mentioned that they were going to get back together with Saiai. Is she with them yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
didn't Stiyl saw him in person? He should've been able to realize who he was then

and i think the biggest question about Aleister right now is: how the heck was he defeated and almost killed by magicians if he's that stupidly overpowered?

and Aogami being the 6th level 5 is just too funny to not turn out to be true
We still don't quite know how powerful Aleister is (or how powerful he was back then). We also don't know if he has some kind of achilles' heel.

As far as I'm aware, they've never gone into detail on what happened when the magic side "killed" Aleister (then again, I don't even know where it says that they ever did).

In any case, you don't necessarily have to be more powerful than someone to (nearly) kill them. Could have gone something like:

Aleister: So, loyal assistant, let's get to work on this new spell I've been perfecting! *turns back*

Assistant: *stabify*

Aleister: X_X Wha...Why?

Assistant: Sorry, but I'm actually a spy. Turns out a lot of people want you dead.

Aleister: Well, I'll fix them, then. *teleport spell*

Assistant: Well, that didn't go as planned...Hmmm...I'll just say I killed him with a disintegration spell. Yeah, that's it.
Old 2010-10-20, 11:31   Link #5556
Used Can

Has anyone translated Index and Tōma's short talk from the latest volume?
Old 2010-10-20, 11:34   Link #5557
outerelf

Nope, sorry, they haven't translated the talk. Which is too bad
Old 2010-10-20, 11:36   Link #5558
faiz blaster

Incidentally, have the dates of the releases of the next few volumes been revealed yet?
Old 2010-10-20, 11:49   Link #5559
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
I don't think it's magical as in the ability of magic, but magical as in a 'wonderful character' like the magic words at the dinner table are please and thank you. I don't know- that's just the vibe I'm getting from the Author, because Touma is a really rare character
Well I never said he is a magician, did I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post

Hamazura mentioned that they were going to get back together with Saiai. Is she with them yet?
The one who got captured is Saiai during the vol.19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
We still don't quite know how powerful Aleister is (or how powerful he was back then). We also don't know if he has some kind of achilles' heel.

As far as I'm aware, they've never gone into detail on what happened when the magic side "killed" Aleister (then again, I don't even know where it says that they ever did).

In any case, you don't necessarily have to be more powerful than someone to (nearly) kill them. Could have gone something like:

Aleister: So, loyal assistant, let's get to work on this new spell I've been perfecting! *turns back*

Assistant: *stabify*

Aleister: X_X Wha...Why?

Assistant: Sorry, but I'm actually a spy. Turns out a lot of people want you dead.

Aleister: Well, I'll fix them, then. *teleport spell*

Assistant: Well, that didn't go as planned...Hmmm...I'll just say I killed him with a disintegration spell. Yeah, that's it.
LOL, Aleister himself says he fought/clashed with his own society, the Golden Dawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Incidentally, have the dates of the releases of the next few volumes been revealed yet?
Not yet, just wait the next 3 months to get a date only for 1 volume.
Old 2010-10-20, 12:09   Link #5560
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenchef View Post
So it turns out Rikou getting kidnapped was a mistranslation. Shiage, Rikou and Mugino are together. Shiage have just taken down ITEM's backer on the Board of directors and is about to torture her into spilling all she knows about Academy City's 'potential ratings', known as [Parameter List]. To quote Shiage:

"If what's on the line is protecting those most important to you, things no matter how terrible can be done for that goal. That is the truth. So now I'll let you see just how cruel humanity can be."
So......that means they aren't going to AC to save Rikou? Then, what is the purpose to go to AC?

I have another questions, Is this "ITEM's backer" has a name? and how old is she? (teenage or adult)
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen