AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-03, 13:16   Link #701
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 14
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 19:25   Link #702
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Just started watching episode 12, and my first reaction to the very beginning of the episode?

WOW

just......WOW

BeeTrain did a real good job in fooling us into thinking that was real. I seriously thought I was watching a live-action show until I saw the TV-Tokyo logo.

EDIT: Since when did Alfa Romeo start selling 159's in the States?

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2009-07-04 at 19:42.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 21:51   Link #703
karasuma

Now, I watched it up to 12 eps. It seems after a couple fail attempts, beetrain finally figure out that they need a plot for an anime...

I think beetrain had tried exactly three times after Noir...

Avenger (2003)
Madlax (2004)
El Cazador de la Bruja (2007)

This time, they hit it right..:P
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 06:50   Link #704
Albafica
Pisces no saint

You are so mean , I love Noir and Madlax!

I'm waiting for episode 14! Episodes 12 and 13 were very good, with the new background music.
Old 2009-07-05, 08:34   Link #705
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasuma View Post
Now, I watched it up to 12 eps. It seems after a couple fail attempts, beetrain finally figure out that they need a plot for an anime...

I think beetrain had tried exactly three times after Noir...

Avenger (2003)
Madlax (2004)
El Cazador de la Bruja (2007)

This time, they hit it right..:P
Well those 3 shows were all original productions whereas phantom is based on a visual novel.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 09:21   Link #706
Slick_rick

I really like Phantom but so far I wouldn't put it on the level of Noir and Madlax in terms of crime drama shows. Cazador was more of a comedy/action show and much more lighthearted while Avenger was Scifi/cyber punk. What separated Noir was its stylized look, music, and endearing characters with tragic pasts. Madlax was even more stylized that Noir and surreal. Some people might get turned off by those aspects of the shows but they're actually the reason I like watching Bee Train shows. So far Phantom is a very solid show but so far it hasn't pulled out anything that has separated it from a standard crime drama. The best arc so far was the Tony Stone one which apparently is anime original. This certainly isn't "The usual suspects" but a good show nonetheless as I love crimes dramas.
Old 2009-07-05, 12:32   Link #707
TiGR
Amateur translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
They're almost hurrying along.
My thoughts exactly. At this rate, the third arc will get more episodes than the second arc – which doesn’t make sense to me unless they’re going to do some severe beetraining. Adaptation of the first arc was very nice and unhurried, why the rush?

And why the skull? Am I supposed to think of black skull on a girl’s dress as of something cute? Maybe I’m a bit oldschool in this, but what the heck. It seems somehow... wrong to me.

Robert Browning: Pippa Passes
TiGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 15:03   Link #708
karasuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
You are so mean , I love Noir and Madlax!

I'm waiting for episode 14! Episodes 12 and 13 were very good, with the new background music.
Ha. Don't get me wrong. I love Beetrain I love Noir very much. For some reason, I find character like Kirika, Elen very adorable. Also, Noir's BGM and ED are perfect. I am just pissed that it took them so long to get it right, and I have to wait so long.

Phantom finally tickle the right bone inside me.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-05, 15:22   Link #709
karasuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I really like Phantom but so far I wouldn't put it on the level of Noir and Madlax in terms of crime drama shows. Cazador was more of a comedy/action show and much more lighthearted while Avenger was Scifi/cyber punk. What separated Noir was its stylized look, music, and endearing characters with tragic pasts. Madlax was even more stylized that Noir and surreal. Some people might get turned off by those aspects of the shows but they're actually the reason I like watching Bee Train shows. So far Phantom is a very solid show but so far it hasn't pulled out anything that has separated it from a standard crime drama. The best arc so far was the Tony Stone one which apparently is anime original. This certainly isn't "The usual suspects" but a good show nonetheless as I love crimes dramas.
I always like these traits in beetrain product.
1) character designs
2) Music
3) Seiyuu choices
4) art and style - you won't get distorted face that you see in other shows.

Plot is the only thing vary which is the hardest part to get it right. I don't mind all those different theme you described, but the plot can't be too cheesy.

I am glad they pick up this plot. Obviously, there are lots of talent buried in H-games..
Old 2009-07-05, 22:15   Link #710
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

For me, Madlax was Bee Train's biggest failure and one of the worst anime's I'v ever seen(no offense) contrary to Noir because I loved it and Phantom as well
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 10:41   Link #711
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 14
Spoiler:
Spoiler for WTF?:
Old 2009-07-06, 13:00   Link #712
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh man! I love Madlax, it's probably the best work of BEE TRAIN with Noir in my opinion. The story/character/music are awesome (the final too)!
Phantom Requiem changes from BEE TRAIN production, it's not as slow as Noir/Madlax/.Hack Sign for example. And there isn't Yuki Kajiura on soundtrack (and I love her work )...
Old 2009-07-06, 13:23   Link #713
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 14
Spoiler:
So true, Claudia's dangerous weapon is indeed her body, lucky guy that worthless yakuza dude. Reiji is an idiot for touching the blade! They could take his fingerprints and frame him...and looks Elen is still alive and she looks a bit older.

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-07-06 at 13:36.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:48   Link #714
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Spoiler for ep 14:

I think that Yakuza dude isn't lucky at all. She's using him as a bait afterall.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 14:32   Link #715
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Oh man! I love Madlax, it's probably the best work of BEE TRAIN with Noir in my opinion. The story/character/music are awesome (the final too)!
Phantom Requiem changes from BEE TRAIN production, it's not as slow as Noir/Madlax/.Hack Sign for example. And there isn't Yuki Kajiura on soundtrack (and I love her work )...
Yuki's El Cazador soundtrack was so awe inspiring. lol

Other than that, I am really starting to like the music in this series. Not great as standalones like Kajiura's, but it fits the atmosphere perfectly.

And Cal hit the cute switch this season.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 20:54   Link #716
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Spoiler for not really a spoiler:
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 21:07   Link #717
Slick_rick

^ Isn't obvious? It's going to be the Bee Train route. Guy dies, girls get into ambiguous relationship and go on a road trip together.
Old 2009-07-06, 21:39   Link #718
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Episode 14:
Old 2009-07-07, 01:50   Link #719
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Finally ep 14 subs are out.

Reiji is a Japanese, he knows the true path. Keep the loli, kill the other girl one final time, I doubt there's any real hope for her as it is. Reiji will end up getting his ass kicked plus get his loli killed if he doesn't drop the whole Ein thing. Unless he manages to kill Scythe but he didn't make it when he had the chance, why would he succeed now? So, meh, as much as I liked Ein, if she's alive, she needs to go die again. What puzzles me is why doesn't Reiji kill the whole damn Inferno exec board, be off and let Inferno's lesser bosses fight for control. Best case scenario, he's trusted enough, they're just 3, shoot them in the head, take your loli and run.
Old 2009-07-07, 02:24   Link #720
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I don't care if ms. mcunnen is doing this for her "ex-husband" or w/e. If she were mine, i would hate to have her sleep around for "my revenge". Stupid hoe
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen