AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-21, 18:57   Link #501
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
From the way he was acting i also thought

Spoiler for for D.C.S.S:
I think you're the only person in the world who thought that.
Old 2007-07-21, 19:08   Link #502
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I think you're the only person in the world who thought that.
Well, i can't really help it since i haven't played any of the DC games and it was my first time into this anime. The reactions of each of the characters who mention Nemu sounded very solemn and they kept using,

Spoiler for maybe..:

Oh and i wouldn't say i was the only one as a poster before already asked:

Spoiler for i guess:

All in all, if someone watched this anime without any prior knowledge of the game, i believe one would assume the fact that i stated from the behaviours of the side characters and Juinchii himself.. Although after watching to a certain point and finding out the truth, i found their behaviour to be quite out of context of the situation.
Old 2007-07-21, 19:13   Link #503
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It doesn't have anything to do with the game, thinking that is just... what?
Old 2007-07-21, 22:28   Link #504
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Yeah Juinchii's reaction was a little bit exxagerated i have to admit... From the way he was acting i also thought

Spoiler for for D.C.S.S:
Well, no, that was because...
Spoiler for for the whole show, not just the first episode:
I don't think that first initial thought about "where's Nemu? Is she... dead?" is that strange, personally (the anime didn't end like the game, after all), but I do think it all makes sense once you find out what happened.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-07-21 at 22:39.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 05:04   Link #505
aONErox
Trainee

*AHEM!!!* does anyone notice asakura's hair is darker in the second season then the first? wut happened!?!

GO kotori~
aONErox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 06:01   Link #506
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aONErox View Post
*AHEM!!!* does anyone notice asakura's hair is darker in the second season then the first? wut happened!?!

GO kotori~
Well since it's been almost 2 years since the anime aired, i'm sure quite a few people noticed that Asakura's hair changed colours....

Apparently from what i've seen of the game (only saw a few cg's) Asakura's hair was originall black in the game and it was the first season that decided to make it brown, so you could say he was reverting back to his original hair colour in the second season.
Old 2007-12-02, 20:09   Link #507
TriggerRenegade

Hi, I'm new here and I just finished Da Capo Season 1 and am currently watching the beginning of season 2. My question is: Where's Nemu? Why is she gone? Isn't she Asakura's lover? Or did they decided to stay as brother and sister at the end of season 1?
TriggerRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 21:08   Link #508
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerRenegade View Post
Hi, I'm new here and I just finished Da Capo Season 1 and am currently watching the beginning of season 2. My question is: Where's Nemu? Why is she gone? Isn't she Asakura's lover? Or did they decided to stay as brother and sister at the end of season 1?
Hi -- this is a very common question for people just starting the second season (and impatient for answers). You can find most of the answer to your question here, if you really want to be spoiled. But the main answer is: keep on watching. All will be revealed in time.
Old 2007-12-02, 21:10   Link #509
TriggerRenegade

You present a real dilemma here
TriggerRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 03:57   Link #510
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Just finished D.C.S.S
When I watched this anime I thought that someone named Nemu was dead because I didn't watch the first season at all....
Is Da Capo first season worth to be watched?
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 09:24   Link #511
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Is Da Capo first season worth to be watched?
Well at the moment im in the middle of the second season. I watched the first season first and i like the first season as well.
Old 2007-12-10, 11:00   Link #512
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, yeah -- if you're going to watch D.C.S.S., you should probably watch the original Da Capo first. D.C.S.S. is a direct sequel -- it'd be almost (but not quite) like watching a 52-episode show starting at episode 27. Not quite because it probably can stand on its own too (the story is fairly self-contained), but there are a lot of references you won't get.
Old 2007-12-13, 08:49   Link #513
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
For the last 2 weeks I've been doing my best to watch this series and finally I've watched it to the end.
By the way, the ending animation is a huge spoiler. Even without the faces it's plain obvious who these people are. Also Nemu still wears the red shirt. Are they so short on cash? Again i find it that you either pursue your career or you end up like this (though Junichi is quite lucky with Nemu)
Aishia was awesome actually but she has no chance against Sakura.
Also overall D.C. kind of loses to Shuffle! That's why Konata was basically making fun of DC but she has a poster of Mayumi in her room.
Oh and I liked Mako most here. Once she overcame her tsun-tsun side she became a very nice person, really caring.

Among chosen quotations from Aishia are

「魔法があれば、どんな馬鹿でも大丈夫」 (with magic any fool would be fine)

「音夢の料理は口に合わない」 (Nemu's cooking tastes bad)

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 12:56   Link #514
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Also overall D.C. kind of loses to Shuffle! That's why Konata was basically making fun of DC but she has a poster of Mayumi in her room.
Actually, there's a much more logical/financial explanation for that. Kadokawa, who published Lucky Star, also published the Shuffle anime (along with the manga and PS2 game adaptation), and so it was prominently featured in Comptiq where the Lucky Star manga runs. The Da Capo anime was not published by Kadokawa (it was published by King Records), but the PS2 game adaptation was (so there's still a connection). The D.C. and D.C.S.G. manga also ran in Comptiq. This is why Shuffle was more prominently featured than Da Capo (larger vested financial interest and anime connection), but D.C. still got a tongue-in-cheek cameo (and a very good one at that, IMO -- the Shuffle posters were just marketing, where the D.C. reference was hilarious). It isn't a reflection of popularity, because D.C. remains more popular than Shuffle among Comptiq's readership (as per their monthly polls).
Old 2007-12-13, 13:30   Link #515
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
relentlessflame
i wouldnt argue against that of course. i take it that you mean the lucky star creators gave credit to the authors of d.c. in the form of cameo reference.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 14:41   Link #516
Kristen
*Author

I just finished this series today. I have to say, this was definately impressive. I was expecting something a lot like Da Capo where the introduce a lot of new characters and have individualistic episodic episodes about them for the first 2/3, but I was thankfully wrong.

DCSS started out EXTREMELY strong for me. I absolutely loved Kotori in season 1, and wished she could have had more screen time, and when she showed up as the main character, I was really happy. Aisia was also one of the more likeable characters I had seen, so everything was great.
Then they had to throw Nemu back into the mix. Sure, I like Nemu and all, but I prefer Kotori+Junichi to her. She's kind of just, kind of like a girl I don't feel really deserves Junichi.
To me, I feel like the added characters to this season (Save Aisia, of course), kind of were unecessary. They had no real relevence to moving the plot along, and just served to add in quantity of times Junichi had to say "Good Morning"
Sakura was just PERFECT when she came back. The signs of emotional scars were just wonderful, and it really fit her character.

Also, I'm glad Aisia didn't die. ^_^

This series deserves a solid 8. It was much better than Season 1, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 2008-05-17, 19:41   Link #517
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Im about to start the second season but the only real reason is that i wanna know how things end up between Junichi and Nemu.
Can someone tell me if Nemu will appear again and how will things end between those two?
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 19:55   Link #518
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Im about to start the second season but the only real reason is that i wanna know how things end up between Junichi and Nemu.
Can someone tell me if Nemu will appear again and how will things end between those two?
Well, if you really just want to know how things end up, why not just watch the last episode? It'll pretty clearly answer all your questions.
Old 2008-05-18, 02:02   Link #519
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, if you really just want to know how things end up, why not just watch the last episode? It'll pretty clearly answer all your questions.
nevermind xD Just finished the second season

Im glad i decided to watch the second season. Everything was explained and the ending was really satisfying. At some point i wished someone slapped Aisa back to reality.... but since everything ended for good i'll forgive her

Spoiler for ending:
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 11:11   Link #520
Silvanoshei
ぜんぴょう☆

Angry

Wow, ok rant start! Sakura tries to pull off a know it all additude, and is really annoying. I for one... I'm really glad Aishia put Sakura in her place by
Spoiler for Ending Spoiler.:
The only reason the magic ended was because of Sakura's evil intentions.

I'm I the only one who hates Nemu? I can't stand her character what so ever, and to top it off, she's not that cute. Kotori or a grown up Sakura (mature minded) would have been nice pick. Or Moe-Senpai too lolz...

Plus, on another note entirely, isn't it an option to date all the girls?
Spoiler for Aishia Spoiler.:
That's what he's doing anyway, why not throw some physical in there as well lol.
Spoiler for Ending Spoiler.:
Jun'ichi my boy... you could have done better...

Silvanoshei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen