AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-23, 15:34   Link #321
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
He's too old. Rigardo has to be around 20. Even so, he sure can act and I loved to see him in Wolverine. He would be perfect to play the Awakened Rigardo.
I guess; It is hard to tell exactly how old Rigardo is, or even Isley for that matter(physically).

You know what, forget Reynolds. I present to you, the true Raki of the silver screen!

Do me a favor, let's check off the similarities:

1) Both were ABOUT(I stress that) the same age when they began their journey, check

2) Both have blonde hair that turned brown with age, check

3) Crazy for the one he loves? check

4) Both have dreadfully bad and unfair reputations for being considered annoying, DOUBLE CHECK

1) Grown up? Check

2) Scar on eye? Check

3) Still crazy for the one he loves? Check

Honestly, the only big difference(aside from, you know, the lightsaber and Dark Side XD), is the hair: Anakin is a much more curly, sort of western-style, whereas Raki is spikier: typical of Japanese Manga.

*sign, If only Michelle Trachtenberg could make herself a kid again, she'd a good choice for Riful. She certainly reminds me of her, got that Disney-quality to her and Riful always reminds me of a Disney girl everytime I look at her(at least prepubesent Riful).

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-05-23 at 16:20.
Old 2009-05-23, 18:22   Link #322
eternal_bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
I don't know, Riful always reminded me of that girl from the Ring.
The Japanese version?
Old 2009-05-23, 18:39   Link #323
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I only saw the English version of that movie, but she seems like a good choice as well. However, she may be too creepy. Whoever plays Riful doesn't have to be scary, just a really fickle kid with black hair. Their really isn't any large requirements.

I know she's too old as well, but am I the only one who thinks of Meg Ryan everytime I look at Clarice?

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-05-24 at 14:38.
Old 2009-06-15, 19:22   Link #324
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilanimal View Post
Meg Ryan will be too busy playing Tidus and Vaan in Final Fantasy movies.
Uh............

Was that a very bizarre compliment, or an insult, I can't tell

I love her as an actor; not as big as she was in the 90's, but all her movies were big-sellers.

Her face and typical shaggy hair however keeps reminding me of Clarice, she just needs darker hair and that's it.

Only problem, she's far too old now to play a character who's probably not even in her twenties.

That's the problem with all my choices, all the big actors I know of are far too old to play anybody. Lina can still play a great
Priscilla though.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-06-16 at 12:51.
Old 2009-06-16, 22:37   Link #325
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
ah lol, it's because people kept mentionning her name when they try to find actors who ressemble Tidus or Vaan.
Why would they mention her though?

I don't get it, she's too old to play Clarice or anyone that young, not to mention she's a girl. If their's a joke, I'm missing it

Oh well

Roflmao, Jim Carrey as the Grinch?

Aren't most drawn, at least in the anime, purple?

Reminds me of a scene in the movie where he calls for a taxi and it completely ignores him:

".....It's because I'm green isn't it?!"

Her?

......Nah, I'm not getting any of this "Miria-ness" from her. Her face doesn't really resemble
Miria, to me anyway, not to mention Miria never smiles like that, ever. XD

This girl looks too young anyway. Face-wise, Miria looks like someone close to her 30's.
Old 2009-06-17, 00:07   Link #326
Demian Dillers
Knight of Delta

Send a message via MSN to Demian Dillers
Thumbs up

Hello :P

Quote:
ah lol, it's because people kept mentionning her name when they try to find actors who ressemble Tidus or Vaan.

anyways, this is a yoma:
Spoiler:

sarah connor in the sarah connor chronicles could play miria, I see mirianess in her

irene
Spoiler:
Hey , you're right, she could play a perfect Irene o_o

BTW
If a Live Action were created , what part, or which arc of the story it would take? :P, I mean, it would follow the anime story, or it just a part ? , or it would take the manga continuation too? o_oU.
What do you think?

I think that probably there would be more than one movie , but all based in the anime storyline
Old 2009-06-17, 00:41   Link #327
nakaru_mizuki

I've seen mostly models being posted here.

I just have one major problem with that...

They probably can't act. Tell me your thoughts

Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2009-06-17, 01:01   Link #328
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Frankly Nakaru...Megan Fox isn't a good actress

Admittingly, it's been a long time since I've seen Transformers, but the only reason she has her big success right now is because of her overrated(IMO) sex appeal, not her acting.

I can't see her as Renee. Call it stereotypical, but when I look at Renee...I see someone darker-skinned or at least much tanner. Go ahead, say I'm blaspheming, I'm serious . I see Renee, I see a girl from New Orleans or something.

At any rate, I can't see Deneve as Natalie Portman. Facially yes...but Natalie is much too soft-hearted and has a sweet voice. Maybe I missed it, but I have yet to see her in a movie where she plays a "tough" character(Star Wars doesn't count because of all the romance) I can't imagine her playing someone as stoic and cold as Deneve. She's just too goody-goody....hmmmm....she's a good actress though. Perhaps a spot for Yuma or Tabitha?

Can't comment on the third girl because I've never seen her before, though I would like to point out that ALL the people I mentioned are actors/actresses, I have yet to actually choose someone who wasn't in a movie.

The third girl certainly has the hair.....the picture isn't good because Teresa's angry. Who knows, I don't know what the girl sounds like or anything so it's hard XD
Old 2009-06-17, 11:52   Link #329
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
But it's not as if they were great actresses anyway; and I don't think there will ever be a claymore movie anytime soon...

Agatha
Spoiler:

hayden pannetiere and hannah montana could play yomas, lol
Those.....people......they're women?

I know that's cruel, but do you think they've done enough things to they're lips? For "models", they look like skeletons, especially in the first pic.

At any rate, I don't know why, but I always thought Agatha would be played by an overwhelming beautiful european model. Not sure why european but maybe it's because Agatha comes across as exotic. She's so full of herself so she's got to look like she's extremely beautiful to act like she's the most beautiful of all.

And besides...when it comes to Agatha, it's all about looks anyway and not acting. That's basically what she amounted to in the manga

ROFLMAO, just to see Hayden and Miley Cyrus killed off? I admit, that doesn't sound bad at all
Old 2009-06-17, 12:04   Link #330
haegar
mangaviking

if it were ever made into a real tv adaptation I wouldn't sttle for anything but the whole story, but I don't see that happening since there's no budget for something like that.

anyway, I'd go with a younger Rigardo than that Sabertooth guy. He did ok in Wolverine, which is saying something considering the overall bad taste the movie left, but he's just to damn big and chunky for an unawakend rigardo. He'd be nice in a suit though, playing the big yoma in Rabona cathedral

little oftopic aside: Please don't cast my favorite Sarah Connor as a Claymore, otherwise I'll mix things up and begin seeing Cameron terminating Yoma and Riful's tentacles taking on Weaver's blade arms

and on that matter, can everyone please just agree with me that FOX executives have no eye for really good scifi and should all get fired for cancelling a series that managed to give new life to a franchise that's been slowly killed since T3? Probably did it because they knew that T4 would suck anyways -.-
Old 2009-06-17, 13:21   Link #331
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Offtopic!:Oh yes! Catherine Weaver my ultimate favorite terminatrice against Riful! That would be superb!

Yeah, Fox sucks. Sarah Connor chronicles was so much better than T4. Rare are good shows to watch nowaday. TV is saturated by teen shows like grossip grills and 90192302 random code thing.

On topic: @shiek, I don't think I clearly understand what you are trying to say? What about their lips? o_O

bolded european? georgina(the girl's name) is from serbia, a part of europe

ab priscilla? LOL
Spoiler:

XD............It's called 90210, which is the area code for Beverly Hills, the hit show from the 1990's that was extremely popular and my brother couldn't get enough of. 90210 is the recent sequel.

In other words, it's not a "random code"

I'll make it simple: Her lips are gigantic. They look even bigger then Angelina Jolie's

And she really looks unhealthy in that first pic. Is Georgina trying to kill herself or something?

Roflmao, not bad, she could really pass for Awakened Priscilla.
Old 2009-06-17, 13:55   Link #332
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
I still favor YoumaFromSpace suggestion as a Dog being the Raki for the Silver Screen. That or have a female Raki. :d Claymore already has too many males as it is.

*scene of Clare punching the Pup on the forehead*
*Scene of Clare leaving some doggy treats for Raki, before she heads into the Mountains to fight the 6 armed AB. Raki uses his paw to push most of the treats back and keeps 3.*

I am a bit worried about the scene of Clare kissing a dog on the lips though.
Old 2009-06-17, 14:00   Link #333
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
I still favor YoumaFromSpace suggestion as a Dog being the Raki for the Silver Screen. That or have a female Raki. :d Claymore already has too many males as it is.
Gangsta.....you're really making me want to sic Revan on you, and he's the board's "Dark Lord of the Sith"

Come on, with the excess and focus on female characters, how can their possibly be too many MALE characters? That's like that extremely retarded and stupid picture by Eva St.Claire who apparantely couldn't think of a worthwhile reason to hate Raki, so she just poked at his gender.

Honestly, you made a Anti-Raki club and now this? are you trying to get on my bad side?

(Heh, I kid )
Old 2009-06-18, 15:56   Link #334
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Gangsta.....you're really making me want to sic Revan on you, and he's the board's "Dark Lord of the Sith"

Come on, with the excess and focus on female characters, how can their possibly be too many MALE characters? That's like that extremely retarded and stupid picture by Eva St.Claire who apparantely couldn't think of a worthwhile reason to hate Raki, so she just poked at his gender.

Honestly, you made a Anti-Raki club and now this? are you trying to get on my bad side?
(Heh, I kid )
Shiek, what are you doing?!? No, no, no! It's "are you trying to get on my Dark Side?

Second of all, you either go all Sith or none at all! None of this "Heh, I kid" stuff at the end! Remember, you must feel your anger "flowing through the force"! That's right, I just did the Dark Side quote of a famous yoda saying!

The Dark Lord also still recommends using a spellcheck for the word "apparantely". You apparently can't rant about this like a Dark Lord can apparently rant about this, Apprentice.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-06-18, 16:03   Link #335
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Shiek, what are you doing?!? No, no, no! It's "are you trying to get on my Dark Side?

Second of all, you either go all Sith or none at all! None of this "Heh, I kid" stuff at the end! Remember, you must feel your anger "flowing through the force"! That's right, I just did the Dark Side quote of a famous yoda saying!

The Dark Lord also still recommends using a spellcheck for the word "apparantely". You apparently can't rant about this like a Dark Lord can apparently rant about this, Apprentice.
For crying out loud I never even said I was, you're the one who said one day of all a sudden that I was your padawan

And enough with my spelling, it's not like this board has their own spellchecker, and "apparantely" sounds the way I spell, just like 'Revan" sounds more like "Reven" which, whatta ya know, is how I spell it
Old 2009-06-19, 01:34   Link #336
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
I don't know about the older Anakin's actor, but the child actor was fine. Tragically youth grow up, as Drew Barrymore from E.T. fame proves (or maybe not so tragically for male Drew Barrymore fans). I approve of the suggestions for Teresa/Renee. Agatha's suggested actress looks like she's going to keel over any moment and die. Seriously, that girl is VERY anorexic.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
Old 2009-06-19, 01:36   Link #337
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I don't know about the older Anakin's actor, but the child actor was fine. Tragically youth grow up, as Drew Barrymore from E.T. fame proves (or maybe not so tragically for male Drew Barrymore fans). I approve of the suggestions for Teresa/Renee. Agatha's suggested actress looks like she's going to keel over any moment and die. Seriously, that girl is VERY anorexic.
That's what I said, in a comical way(which I don't think theevilanimal understood). Her lips are so huge and the rest of her body is so unbelievably skinny....

Agatha isn't THAT skinny. You can see her ribs a little, so she's a little underweight at least, but she doesn't look like a walking skeleton. Is THIS what's considered "sexy" these days? I'm hoping other models aren't as bad as her 0_0
Old 2009-06-19, 01:37   Link #338
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
That's what I said, in a comical way(which I don't think theevilanimal understood). Her lips are so huge and the rest of her body is so unbelievably skinny....

Agatha isn't THAT skinny. You can see her ribs a little, so she's a little underweight at least, but she doesn't look like a walking skeleton.
Are we talking the actress or the manga character? The latter looked healthy before her death, the former, though still living, does not.

Old 2009-06-19, 01:39   Link #339
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Are we talking the actress or the manga character? The latter looked healthy before her death, the former, though still living, does not.
Both. Agatha, the character looks skinny, but not too shabby. The actress theevilanimal picked for her, looks like she's gonna faint at any moment.

I don't know what are girls standards these days in physical appearance.....but damn

Nevertheless, for older Raki, Hayden Christensen would be a good pick. He just needs the armor, a broadsword, his Episode 3 appearance, Lina Leandersson by his side, and they're all ready!

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-06-19 at 02:02.
Old 2009-06-19, 04:32   Link #340
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Spoiler for Riful:

Perfect, I know. We have found a Riful.

Last edited by MisterJB; 2009-06-19 at 05:10.
Closed Thread