AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-22, 14:40   Link #1
Fritzy7208

Looking for a good comedy anime?

Looking for a good comedy anime that has a really good story and great characters in it! Thanks for all that help!!!
Old 2004-07-22, 14:50   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzy7208
Looking for a good comedy anime that has a really good story and great characters in it! Thanks for all that help!!!
Great Teacher Onizuka : An ex-biker and gang member decides to make something of his life and becomes a high school teacher. Onizuka is quite an unusual teacher as he uses his yakuza techniques and other weird methods to get the job done
A must see, has a great story as well
Old 2004-07-22, 15:19   Link #3
Fritzy7208

i have the whole series of gto. I am looking for a comedy anime to download off of animesuki.
Old 2004-07-22, 17:57   Link #4
Gaara2
LegendofMir

Send a message via MSN to Gaara2
Get backers...
i cant explain what its about but trust me you will like it even more than GTO so give it a try oh also its licensed
Old 2004-07-23, 13:37   Link #5
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
FLCL fits your criteria and is also just the best thing ever.

Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai (Magical Shopping District {/Arcade, I've heard both} Abenobashi) is hilarious and has an awesome story. It shifts pace drastically between serious and comedic, so I don't know if this is what you want if you want story and comedy integrated.

EDIT: er... The part about wanting something you can get at animesuki didn't click in my head until after I posted this, and it nulled my response and I don't know how to delete it. Sorry...

Last edited by Rx_Fink; 2004-07-23 at 13:42. Reason: Missed prior post
Old 2004-07-23, 17:47   Link #6
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Iketeru Futari - Fanservicey/light ecchi comedy...it's setup is similar to that of Azumanga Daioh...short 5min "episodes" each. I find it quite funny personally.

DearS - Heh, this is going to probably be a hit or miss thing...ecchi to an extreme sense, characters are cliched, but they are also diversed and fitting to the story

Hanaukyo Maid Tai - A good spin on those harem comedies...take a kid who's literally allergic to girls, toss in an inheritence of his grandfather's mansion which is filled to the brim with cute female maids, and hilarity can follow. If you like that kinda thing that is
Old 2004-07-23, 21:57   Link #7
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Azumanga Daioh!
you cannot like comedy without viewing this treasure of anime/manga!
Old 2004-07-23, 23:48   Link #8
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I know you asked about shows u can dl off animesuki... but unfortunately, I can't think of any that can fit your criteria.... anyways...

You should check out Full Metal Panic... that show has a good story/characters and it's pretty damn funny... also... Martian Successor Nadesico... though I've only seen the first four episodes, I found the show pretty funny...
Old 2004-07-24, 03:13   Link #9
project_00

Full Metal Panic wasn't funny towards the later half of the series. You might still want to watch it just to have a better picture when you catch Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, which is downright hilarious.
Midori No Hibi ended recently, but you should still be able to get it.
For on going ones, how abt Sergeant Keroro? It's about 5 alien frogs trying to take over the Earth. Funny stuff. Story-wise not too clear, but the frogs seem pretty interesting.
Closed Thread