AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 60 41.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 23.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 21.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 10.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-11, 06:51   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Angel Beats! - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Angel Beats!, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-06-11, 09:59   Link #2
Crontica

Omg it's already here! Pinch me~~
Old 2010-06-11, 10:38   Link #3
pampz21
ShipCore

can't w8 for it to release in the internet!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-06-11, 11:33   Link #4
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Omg it's already here! Pinch me~~
*pinch* ^_^ Yeah. It's here already. Damn this is going to be good. :3
Old 2010-06-11, 13:00   Link #5
Knightrunner

Make sure to summaries what happen in the story since I vowed not to watch this episode until I finish my history critique. But I didn't vow to read the spoilers.
Old 2010-06-11, 13:19   Link #6
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
From the spoiler pics so far the shadow turn ppl into NPC's. And the glasses guy was the first victim.

Spoiler for pic:

WINGS!
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-06-11, 13:22   Link #7
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Joke of the moment on Futaba:

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2010-06-11, 13:46   Link #8
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Joke of the moment on Futaba:

But at least Yuri looks cool and as a leader while doing it, whereas Haruhi looks like a b*tch.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-11, 13:50   Link #9
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Whoa! This ep was amazingly fast-paced. Action packed, a fair amount of exposition, and just lots of stuff happening -- but it all just went by pretty fast.

Ep11 Summary:
Disclaimer: I didn't get most of what they were saying, especially during the first meeting with Kanade. The stream was also pretty crappy. Trust at your own discretion.

Episode starts with a comedy sequence between Naoi, Hinata and Otonashi. This gets broken quickly though as Naoi gets ambushed by a Shadow. Thankfully, the three managed to push it back and kill it.

After this incident, Yuri calls a quick meeting with Naoi and Kanade (and Hinata and Otonashi). They have a rather long conversation. I don't really get what they're saying, but in the end Yuri told Christ to do something with Angel Player, specifically concerning the skill Overdrive. After this meeting, they find out that there are several Shadows massing in the field, engaging a few SSS members. Kanade jumps out to help them using her new wings (which are apparently just for decoration ). Yuri follows her, and Hinata and Otonashi then joins in. They defeat the shadows, and Yuri learns one important thing: the Shadows are transformed NPCs (or at least some of them are, since Naoi got attacked by his own shadow transforming into a Shadow earlier)! And then, Fujimaki arrives with bad news: Takamatsu got "taken" by a Shadow.

A while later, someone claims that they saw Takamatsu being all fine. However, it turns out that he (Takamatsu) has been turned into an NPC, and has forgotten all his memories. This causes a lot of turmoil among the SSS core (sans Chaa, he wasn't in this Ep at all), and Yuri calls for a quick meeting. Now, it seems like Yuri already knew about Otonashi's plan about making people disappear, and she then calls on the entire SSS and gives them all orders to find inner peace and disappear before the Shadows get to them and turn them into NPCs.

Then, Yuri calls on a last meeting with Hinata, Otonashi, Naoi and Kanade. She reveals to Otonashi that Kanade wasn't an angel all along, that she is human like the rest of the SSS, and then she goes on her own mission to fight the Shadows. She basically tells the others to not worry about her, and that she hopes she can meet them again. As of this statement, the SSS is practically disbanded. We then see everyone trying to pursue their own happiness, and find inner peace. (TK dancing, Noda holding Yuri's picture, Shiina and her cute puppies, Fujimaki contemplating, GirlDeMo calling it quits, and more)

Then, after the credits, we see Yuri's spec ops mission. She goes into the computer lab, and finds an old man there. She suspects him as sysadmin, and they have a nice chat which ended in the old man leaving the room. Yuri then scouted around the room and found a hidden passageway into Guild. Next Ep can't come soon enough!

Last edited by Ice Block; 2010-06-11 at 14:02.
Old 2010-06-11, 14:03   Link #10
New/Old
Old to the New

Huh. That's certainly a way to go about the SSS passing on thing.
Old 2010-06-11, 14:04   Link #11
Key Board
Carbon

The final boss is... Chaa?

that would be an unexpected plot twist
Old 2010-06-11, 14:21   Link #12
konart

Yuri comes to some strange place with some old man hitting buttons on the keyboard to make this world last and they are chased by the shadow? Am I right?
Old 2010-06-11, 14:40   Link #13
Key Board
Carbon

Yuri explained the situation and told everyone to find inner peace and vanish before the shadows get them ( easier said than done)

She herself wants to find the culprit. By deduction she thinks that the culprit is someone who is using Angel Player (Kanade's manual) to hack the world using one of the school computers

She infiltrates the computer lab and finds a lab tech there, but he just turns out to be an NPC.
After searching further she finds a hidden hatch that leads underground to the guild.

This means that the culprit came or had access to from the guild

Primary suspects

1) Christ: God complex. Knows about Angel Player. Proven to be versatile with a computer.
2) Chaa. Suspiciously absent. One of the longest players and has considerable knowledge about the world.
3) Someone we haven't seen yet. Possible but that would kill the drama.
Old 2010-06-11, 14:47   Link #14
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ehh... Isn't that random and sudden... Somehow and for some reason, shadows appear and suddenly start sucking people's souls up. (Eh?)
Anyways, can't judge this ending development until I see how the anime ends everything, but I hope they don't end up creating a new setting or character just to finish up the story.

Anyways, poor Muscle-megane and every other character that never got a background story...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-06-11, 14:47   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Very good episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
After this incident, Yuri calls a quick meeting with Naoi and Kanade (and Hinata and Otonashi). They have a rather long conversation. I don't really get what they're saying, but in the end Yuri told Christ to do something with Angel Player, specifically concerning the skill Overdrive.
She was asking Takeyama to check if there was anything wrong with the programs/skills on Kanade's computer, it has nothing to do with Overdrive in particular. It was pretty funny to learn that Kanade created the wings only for decoration because Otonashi told her it was more fitting for an angel. She didn't even think about flying

Interesting to note that Yuri apprently knew of Otonashi's recent actions all along, but didn't do anything about it. Naoi and Hinata also figured it out, and were about to form the After life gay liberation front with him before the shadows attacked. I didn't expect the shadow would turn people into NPCs. I wonder if they'll find a way to reverse the process or if Takamatsu is gone for good.

You know, I thought Otonashi had already figured out Kanade was just a normal human. He had the same hints as Yuri, as far as I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Yuri comes to some strange place with some old man hitting buttons on the keyboard to make this world last and they are chased by the shadow? Am I right?
She also finds a hatch at the end of the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
1) Christ: God complex. Knows about Angel Player. Proven to be versatile with a computer.
2) Chaa. Suspiciously absent. One of the longest players and has considerable knowledge about the world.
3) Someone we haven't seen yet. Possible but that would kill the drama.
I'm going with Chaa for now. He has the stature to be the "final boss".
Old 2010-06-11, 14:58   Link #16
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Yuri explained the situation and told everyone to find inner peace and vanish before the shadows get them ( easier said than done)
From my limited jap I think the gist is she basically told ppl to at least die as human.

While the end boss might be Chaa I just don't see why.

As for the wings it actually does work to break her fall so it's not completely useless, although Yuri and co. simply jumped without breaking their legs.
Old 2010-06-11, 15:22   Link #17
Key Board
Carbon

If the culprit can hack the world this well, it can be assumed that he can easily disable Kanade's guard skills as well

It seems Kanade will face a great danger in the future
Old 2010-06-11, 15:32   Link #18
rstrafford

Lol, for any Yuri haters, did you notice that she called Kanade "Kanade-chan" before she left in the end?
Old 2010-06-11, 16:12   Link #19
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

I don't really see Chaa as the culprit at the end, though he is suspiciously missing. I'm thinking more that the Dark Archon merge a while back may have corrupted something. Or, it could also be that the clones did quite a lot off-camera.
Old 2010-06-11, 16:22   Link #20
Bangirasu

What did say Christ at the end of the episode?

My main suspect is Matsudoto 5th Dan. He has to have a strong reason for not appear during ALL the episode. Maybe he being the final villain is the main reason.
Closed Thread