AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-08, 17:30   Link #1201
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Probably, even if it's bullshit. Willowy 15 year old Japanese boys do not bend steel bars (nor survive nuclear reactor detonations from ground zero). And willowy 8 year olds don't run around with ground to air rocket launchers on their backs like it ain't no thang.
...unless their name is Heero Yuy and they're the "Heart of Outer Space". Just joking
Old 2010-12-08, 18:30   Link #1202
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Is he even really Japanese? I know this has already been pointed out a couple of pages back. But seriously, they drew Wu Fei to look Chinese because he IS Chinese. Shouldn't Heero look somewhat like him. I mean, the Japanese and Chinese races have similar features after all, but you guys already know that of course. Don't mean to be picky... just... curious. The only thing Japanese-y about him is his name, Heero Yuy, which isn't even his. But who knows, eh. Lowe doesn't sound like a Japanese last name to me so... hmmm... then again, "Aoi" is Japanese. Yeah, he's gotta be a half-breed.

Last edited by MichaelKnight; 2010-12-08 at 18:34. Reason: Spelling issues. Grr.
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 20:00   Link #1203
Long Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Is he even really Japanese? I know this has already been pointed out a couple of pages back. But seriously, they drew Wu Fei to look Chinese because he IS Chinese. Shouldn't Heero look somewhat like him. I mean, the Japanese and Chinese races have similar features after all, but you guys already know that of course. Don't mean to be picky... just... curious. The only thing Japanese-y about him is his name, Heero Yuy, which isn't even his. But who knows, eh. Lowe doesn't sound like a Japanese last name to me so... hmmm... then again, "Aoi" is Japanese. Yeah, he's gotta be a half-breed.
His real name is Bond...

James Bond.

And he's British.

PS Before Heero fangirls hate on me, I'm joking. That is all, thank you.
Long Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 21:26   Link #1204
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
The official listed ethnicity in ALL the tech manuals and ALL the profile materials is Japanese. So yes, Heero is Japanese- or at least half, as we now know (See, you're trying to make sense of something that doesn't make any. Don't bother.)

Who the hell knows what Odin is. Probably something Central or Eastern European since half the Wing cast seems to be (Odin is one in Russian, I believe? so..)
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 21:35   Link #1205
Ammy-Pie

Quote:
Who the hell knows what Odin is. Probably something Central or Eastern European since half the Wing cast seems to be (Odin is one in Russian, I believe? so..)
A while back (though I can't seem to find it now), wasn't there a new picture of Lowe that they retconed? If I remember right, his hair was now darker so maybe they're meaning to make him more Japanese-like. Maybe, I dunno. To be honest, it could have been a picture I just assumed was Lowe. Maybe it's Seis. All of a sudden, my point seems less and less valid.

(The picture of Heero as a kid, shooting the gun with the guy kneeling behind him or something. I just remember his hand being freakishly large.)

Last edited by Ammy-Pie; 2010-12-08 at 21:46.
Ammy-Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 22:07   Link #1206
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
The official listed ethnicity in ALL the tech manuals and ALL the profile materials is Japanese. So yes, Heero is Japanese- or at least half, as we now know (See, you're trying to make sense of something that doesn't make any. Don't bother.)
Hey sorry I didn't mean to sound as if I'm questioning your certainty of him being officially Japanese. And I'm definitely not trying to be a know-it-all douchebag if my post seemed that way. If I offended you in any way by questioning his ethnicity vs physical features, when he was officially listed as Japanese, I apologise. My only intention was to point out the creators' inconsistency, I guess is the word for it. But yeah, I wasn't arguing with you when you said he was Japanese. Just wondering why the creators would emphasise Wu Fei's features to reflect his nationality but not do the same to Heero. Not that I don't like Heero's character design, I actually think he is one of the best designed male anime characters ever. I was just curious that's all. I hate how written stuff doesn't deliver well because it doesn't carry intonation. *sigh* T___T
Old 2010-12-08, 23:36   Link #1207
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammy-Pie View Post
A while back (though I can't seem to find it now), wasn't there a new picture of Lowe that they retconed?
Yeah, about that. Personally I'm ignoring it, and I know a lot of people I've talked to are as well. I doubt they were trying to make him look Japanese, it was prolly just Sakura Asagi and how she draws stuff. Any way you spin it, Odin ain't Japanese.
Quote:
Hey sorry...
Dude. Chill. I'm just saying.
Old 2010-12-09, 00:14   Link #1208
Ammy-Pie

Quote:
Yeah, about that. Personally I'm ignoring it, and I know a lot of people I've talked to are as well. I doubt they were trying to make him look Japanese, it was prolly just Sakura Asagi and how she draws stuff. Any way you spin it, Odin ain't Japanese.
I agree about ignoring it. And you're right, heh, there is no way Lowe is Japanese. I just wonder what other stuff they're going to end up changing to fit FT. That, and I hope nothing too major gets changed.
Ammy-Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 00:35   Link #1209
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

I'm having withdrawals. I want chapter 5 NOW. Heck we still don't know what happened to Sally... the poor lady.
Old 2010-12-09, 01:58   Link #1210
Kitsoru

Quote:
I'm having withdrawals. I want chapter 5 NOW. Heck we still don't know what happened to Sally... the poor lady.
Considering my track record with predictions so far, I wonder if I should put money on what I was saying way back in the prologue, that Sally is with Relena somehow... Though now with Relena being all ~evil~ or w/e, I'm not so sure. Ah well, maybe we'll see...
Old 2010-12-09, 02:08   Link #1211
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Considering my track record with predictions so far, I wonder if I should put money on what I was saying way back in the prologue, that Sally is with Relena somehow... Though now with Relena being all ~evil~ or w/e, I'm not so sure. Ah well, maybe we'll see...
Maybe Sally was frozen with Relena in a sub-chamber and wakes up under the belief she's Relena's evil bodyguard.
Old 2010-12-09, 02:41   Link #1212
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

So at present here are the bloody questions: [relevant or not]

Is Hilde Duo Jr.'s mum or what. Who is it Trowa ended up with. What happened to Catherine Bloom. Where is Zechs and Noin. Zechs. Where the F are you, your little sister is Public Enemy #1. T___T Where is Une and Marimaya. How is Trowa's daughter Quatre's younger sister. What is with Wu Fei... why the heck is it too hard for him to look at Kathy Po. Why is Kathy Po's last name Po? Sally didn't marry? Who is her dad... why were Heero and Relena frozen in the first place. Who had them frozen? If Doctor J survived the fall of Peacemillion, then what about the other G-scientists? Who put Dorothy to be president. Are all these related to Preventer 5. What was happening to the others while the lovebirds were wasting 30 years of their lives sleeping.

Did I miss anything?

Man considering Sumisawa is already making it all weird and bull, I wish he could resurrect Treize and chalk it up to him being preserved as well. I want the magnificent bastard back.
Old 2010-12-09, 06:40   Link #1213
Kitsoru

Quote:
How is Trowa's daughter Quatre's younger sister.
...What? Where did you get that from?
Quote:
What is with Wu Fei... why the heck is it too hard for him to look at Kathy Po. Why is Kathy Po's last name Po? Sally didn't marry? Who is her dad
I honestly don't think this is anything big. Wufei's never exactly been a people person and according to Duo, he still is that way in the present of the novel.
Kids sometimes take their mother's names. It happens. Maybe she's had a falling out with her father. Maybe they got divorced and she grew up with Sally from young age.
Quote:
I wish he could resurrect Treize and chalk it up to him being preserved as well. I want the magnificent bastard back.
Dear god no. The last thing Wing needs is to be turned into a Marvel/DC comic. The stupid constant killing off and reviving characters is part of why I stopped reading them.

The rest I can more or less agree with, though.
GAH every 2 pages I swear BT

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2010-12-09 at 06:54.
Old 2010-12-09, 06:48   Link #1214
wingzerosnuggles

It's Quatre's daughter. She's also referred to as Quatre's little sister. Dunno which is which. I hope it's a typo or something.

EDIT: You know, the fact that Sumisawa recently worked on Inu-Yasha got me thinking... Isn't he stealing this plot from Kikyou's back story with her waking up evil-ish and whatnot and everyone she knew like her little sister having become old? And wasn't Inu-Yasha sorta like asleep in that tree for an awfully long time? Lulz, I dunno. xD

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-12-09 at 09:37.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 10:52   Link #1215
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Live View Post
His real name is Bond...

James Bond.

And he's British.
Pfff Bond ain't got nothing on Heero
By the way, we never learned about your final verdict. Did you like Wing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammy-Pie View Post
I agree about ignoring it. And you're right, heh, there is no way Lowe is Japanese. I just wonder what other stuff they're going to end up changing to fit FT. That, and I hope nothing too major gets changed.
That's my beef with FT, really. When I first heard about it, I was delighted that the writer of Ep0 was going to add to the AC universe by writing a (possible) sequel. After all, the information we got from Ep0 had me view several characters in a different light, most notably Wu Fei. In the series he's just a jerk who doesn't like women and calls his Gundam weird names. But when you learn that he's fighting in honor of his deceased wife, he suddenly becomes an admirable jerk xD
Ep0 ties in wonderfully with the series. Suddenly things get so much more meaning, like Duo's clothes or the nickname 'Nataku' or Triton's (yes, Triton) 'her tears stopped me'. Ep0 added loads and loads of depth to the characters. Congrats on that, Sumisawa.

But FT... Seriously, I lost count on how many times I laughed my head off. Some things are good but sadly there is just as much good stuff as there is, pardon me, crap. For instance, I don't see why Sumisawa felt the need to add that incest scene between Treize and his mom. That was just freakish and completely uncalled for. Oh, and if you're out of good ideas to tie two characters, know what? Don't do it. The subtle stuff is brilliant, like one of Treize's subordinates being related to the Cinq Kingdom assault dude (Onegal was it?). But retconning Odin's look to make him look like Heero's dad? Come on. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Heero's story has been shrouded in mystery for ages now, if you're going to reveal it at least make it something super special awesome. Besides, the universe consists of more than 12 people. Forcing a connection, come hell or high water, is just unnecessary in my opinion. Plus, it makes Heero look like a complete moron to not notice him being the spitting image of new!Odin. And Heero is by no means stupid. Or is he

That's my problem, really. While Episode Zero added to the story and characters, Frozen Teardrop is changing stuff. Sure, it's not major (with the exception of Odin >_>) but it doesn't really help. Rather it bugs. At least me.

*breathes* Ok, now I feel better, having gotten that off my chest. Ranting is so much fun

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2011-06-22 at 12:48.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 11:04   Link #1216
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
And Heero is by no means stupid. Or is he
Two words: Party Night.

When it's your potential victim pointing out to you that, "Hey, if you fire, everyone's gonna hear you and storm up here." there's something wrong with that.

His eyes go O_O

And then he dances with her. xD

On a side note, he makes a gesture to choke her in the other GW manga adaptation. She calls his bluff, grabs his hands and wraps them around her throat:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...01/c002/4.html

Heero = not a good bluffer
Old 2010-12-09, 12:30   Link #1217
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Two words: Party Night.

When it's your potential victim pointing out to you that, "Hey, if you fire, everyone's gonna hear you and storm up here." there's something wrong with that.

His eyes go O_O

And then he dances with her. xD

On a side note, he makes a gesture to choke her in the other GW manga adaptation. She calls his bluff, grabs his hands and wraps them around her throat:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...01/c002/4.html

Heero = not a good bluffer
Either that or Relena really enjoys the thrill of playing with fire

Come on though, Heero didn't need Relena to point it out for him. He knew it, she knew it and she knew he knew it. He went wtf because he was holding a gun to her face and she had the nerve to flirt with him in that situation. Successfully at that Poor Heero, he was so befuddled when she talked him into dancing with her, you could see his brain hadn't caught up with the situation yet. One scene he's holding a gun to her face, and five minutes later you see them dancing together. That was pure gold! I laughed so hard xD
Old 2010-12-09, 13:25   Link #1218
wingzerosnuggles

I'm looking forward to how EW: GotD portrays that scene. It's even funnier that he threatens to kill her during the dance then ends up saving her later. At that point, when he takes a swipe at her with his Gundam, I assume her attitude was "Bitch, plz. If you could kill me, you would have done it a loooooong time ago."

One thing I don't find fault with in FT is that it's apparent that Heero doesn't have any female influence in his life aside from distant Aoi. That certainly contributes to why he's not good with people, and women in particular. If Relena wasn't around, I doubt anyone else would have him. xD

He's definitely not like Duo. Shameless flirt. Hit Hilde in the face with a knapsack. Ended up with her gun in his face. And they end up living together how? That's another thing I'd like EW: GotD to explain. Maybe they can confirm if she's the brat's mother or not. Come on, it's a guy and a girl living together in the middle of the war knowing death can come any day, taking walks in the park to watch dogs and children, and he lets her drag him to the circus on a whim. Plus the lunch date at the end of Special Edition showing they still live together after all those years. And they were NEVER intimate? If I recall correctly, the MSG novels had Amuro and Sayla sleeping together. Hopefully, we'll get something like that. It's not a shipping thing. It's a "common sense" thing.
Old 2010-12-09, 14:05   Link #1219
Elo the Blue

Quote:
I'm looking forward to how EW: GotD portrays that scene. It's even funnier that he threatens to kill her during the dance then ends up saving her later. At that point, when he takes a swipe at her with his Gundam, I assume her attitude was "Bitch, plz. If you could kill me, you would have done it a loooooong time ago."

One thing I don't find fault with in FT is that it's apparent that Heero doesn't have any female influence in his life aside from distant Aoi. That certainly contributes to why he's not good with people, and women in particular. If Relena wasn't around, I doubt anyone else would have him. xD

He's definitely not like Duo. Shameless flirt. Hit Hilde in the face with a knapsack. Ended up with her gun in his face. And they end up living together how? That's another thing I'd like EW: GotD to explain. Maybe they can confirm if she's the brat's mother or not. Come on, it's a guy and a girl living together in the middle of the war knowing death can come any day, taking walks in the park to watch dogs and children, and he lets her drag him to the circus on a whim. Plus the lunch date at the end of Special Edition showing they still live together after all those years. And they were NEVER intimate? If I recall correctly, the MSG novels had Amuro and Sayla sleeping together. Hopefully, we'll get something like that. It's not a shipping thing. It's a "common sense" thing.
Agreed. If I've ever shipped a couple, it's been those two, simply on the basis that it's pretty darn obvious that they are a couple.

I'm hoping GotD shows how Duo tracked Hilde down and they started living together as well.
Old 2010-12-09, 14:46   Link #1220
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
One thing I don't find fault with in FT is that it's apparent that Heero doesn't have any female influence in his life aside from distant Aoi.
Wait, so Aoi really never gave two hoots about her son? (or at least cared as much as she ought to, considering she wanted to bear Odin's child). Because she seemed happy that he was safe and sound after everything crumbled but also told Heero she loves him as much as she loves Seis. And she likes Seis how much that it made Heero not cry..?

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing