Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 15:21   Link #701
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
This season finale was a bit frustrating for me.
I fear that this series has become "Nobody dies in Jormungand except villains".
First they teased us with Ugo's death then with Valmet's. BTW I hope she was wearing a bulletproof vest because there's no way she survived multiple shots otherwise.
It's "only" two bullets. I guess Karen was too distraught to aim. People have survived much worse - it depends on whether the bullets hit a major organ or blood vessel, I guess.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 15:56   Link #702
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The only place where Valmet was hit is in the right thigh. The other bullet probably hit somewhere that was not serious.

Anyway, the piano-only music was heard a bit near the end of the 12th end, but you can hear most of it in the middle part of episode 9 in the ODH Debriefing.

If I can only get a video of it for visual reference. I don't think it's in the OST.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 20:47   Link #703
sikvod00

I'm really enjoying the full version of Time to Attack (AKA "Koko is Loco"). It's a great beat that really pumps you up. A youtube comment noted how much better it is compared to English rap. As a rap enthusiast, that's funny because I know the sentiment is based on ignorance and having only listened to the commercial/mainstream junk they blast on the radio and TV. Of course you'd like this better than that redundant drivel; the comparison is unfair. Oh, well. I know much of the anime community loathes rap in general, so it's pointless to get upset over. /semi-rant

Diverse music like this is the reason I like anime soundtracks. They can be very experimental, and are willing to dive into other genres like jazz, Irish folk music, classical, hip-hop, and etc. Genres that their core otaku audience may not ordinarily bother with. Broadening your tastes is a good thing.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2012-06-28 at 20:57.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 23:49   Link #704
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

And this is the piano theme I'm talking about. Starts from 02:03 until 03:18.

If anyone's got a good ear at this, let me know if it's not in the OST or what. Unless Taku Iwasaki decides to get another OST going in the next few months, I may consider this an unreleased music piece.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-06-29, 00:44   Link #705
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Valmet was amazing at this episode, she sure knows how to use a knife heh

btw, whats with that brazilian music at the end? haha
Old 2012-06-29, 02:38   Link #706
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought it was a good song and gave a sense of finality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well if anybody is looking for that piano song that was in the latest episode, it's called Meu Mundo Amor.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 02:50   Link #707
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Why would he save Karen's life after she just shot Valmet?
I was asking myself the same question too. Jonah killed a number of people for less than that.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 03:12   Link #708
j4c06

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam
Why would he save Karen's life after she just shot Valmet?
I was asking myself the same question too. Jonah killed a number of people for less than that.
Perhaps he was subconsciously working towards increasing his harem
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 06:12   Link #709
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Meh , i'm dissapoint for the last episode , they skipped the amazing fight with Valmet & the assassins were low(dafuq , the wall & the car lol ) , the actions was too fast.
Well , there were some cool Koko's creepy faces.

Anyway , season 2 is welcome.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 11:23   Link #710
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought it was a good song and gave a sense of finality
Yeah, I know it. I never said it was a bad song.
I was just a bit surprised because I could understand the lyrics.
I never thought I would find a pt-br song on this anime. xD
(I'm brazilian)
Old 2012-06-29, 13:28   Link #711
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoaxe View Post
Yeah, I know it. I never said it was a bad song.
I was just a bit surprised because I could understand the lyrics.
I never thought I would find a pt-br song on this anime. xD
(I'm brazilian)
times two (portuguese here). It was completely out of left field to suddenly hear our language on an anime.
Old 2012-06-29, 13:50   Link #712
dfens

Valmet was shot twice once in the shoulder and once in the thigh, you see her hit in the shoulder when hugging Johah to protect him and blood comes out when she is hit.

As for skipping the final fight with Valmet vs Chen they actually added a little more and changed one small thing.

In the manga Valmet looses the Karambit when the sniper grazes her shoulder, so all she has was the fixed blade. In the anime she has both for the end battle. Also in the manga she runs at chen and it fades to black, while in the anime he blocks the first strike and your hear a few gun shots and then fades to black.

I was dying to see the this episode but surprised they didn't translate Valemt's battle cry in Finnish Hakke Palle "Cut them down".
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 14:05   Link #713
j4c06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
times two (portuguese here). It was completely out of left field to suddenly hear our language on an anime.
According to wikipedia, Portuguese is the third most spoken foreign language in Japan (after Chinese and Korean) and is among the most studied languages by students (because of a large population of Japanese in Brasil)...
Old 2012-06-29, 21:58   Link #714
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Nothing actually said he did anything to her afterwards....the emergency services could have come and the authorities made a lot of noise to Koko to keep everything under wraps.
Old 2012-06-30, 00:23   Link #715
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Excellent finish to the series. Now, hopefully Season 2 will continue on.

Also, I loled at how Jonah's cuteness and shota powers temporarily overpower Valmet's yuri for Koko.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 00:40   Link #716
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Can you give examples? My view is that Jonah doesn't necessarily kill incapacitated enemies unless he had a good reason to kill (they were related to evil deeds, etc).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 01:01   Link #717
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Nothing actually said he did anything to her afterwards....the emergency services could have come and the authorities made a lot of noise to Koko to keep everything under wraps.
Considering that Koko mentions that both in the manga and anime to Valmet in covering things up, I'm not surprised if the emergency services covertly got Karen to a hospital while keeping it low-key.

And the video I posted up is gone. Oh well, I'll double check the OST to see if there's a music piece I heard on TV that may not be on the OST.

Old 2012-06-30, 01:48   Link #718
j4c06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
My view is that Jonah doesn't necessarily kill incapacitated enemies unless he had a good reason to kill (they were related to evil deeds, etc).
Evil deeds or not, he didn't kill a single woman over the course of 12 episodes. He is a gentleman of sorts.
Old 2012-06-30, 02:03   Link #719
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I want to inform you guys that the Blu-Ray release of Jormungand in Japan has a Special Sampler Disc with the BGM music not available in the show's OST.

And some of them are not there, which I suspect that Geneon Universal will release in BDs for the entire season over time.

Old 2012-06-30, 02:17   Link #720
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
Evil deeds or not, he didn't kill a single woman over the course of 12 episodes. He is a gentleman of sorts.
Everyone he fought against except Chinatsu and Karen were men, so the sample is too small to say anything definite.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen