AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 08:44   Link #31821
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Perfect

@ Demi - THen don't do it, simple as that. If you don't find anything funny then grasping around trying to look for one is pointless.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:53   Link #31822
greedyspectator

@Eratas:
Sorry if this is rather detracting from the forum, but I think there is some inconsistency with your moral calculus, no offense.

So, you would kill the organ harvester, but will not harvest his organs then kill him? Even though his organs might save a good person's life? That seems rather strange. If you're trying to do the maximum amount of good and give the maximum amount of benefit to humanity, then harvesting his organs seem to be the logical choice. The choice is between Dead bad guy and Dead bad guy plus minimum one saved life...

Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

@Zero
Actually, shooting someone from that distance with a pistol has been done before (with a scope and a powerful pistol, but a pistol nonetheless). So there is nothing impossible with that, although it does take a lot of skill.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:55   Link #31823
Eratas123

@ Greedy - I just don't believe stooping to one's level is good. Besides, how will you use those organs? What're you gonna do? Harvest them then make a beeline for the hospital, who likely won't accept random people who push organs onto them all the while making sure it doesn't rot and become useless on the way?
Old 2012-06-02, 09:04   Link #31824
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ THis

Also, what stopping some people for accusing YOU as organ theft? You can at least claim the kill as self defense, but if you're carrying the liver of that people you kill? Nah, just sad.

In case you wonder "What? How does that work?". I am a nurse, I know how transplant operation and organ donation work.

Oh, regarding super-leet headshot skill, I don't want to argue anything about that so I admit I was wrong.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:06   Link #31825
greedyspectator

@Eratas:
I'm assuming that there is a readily available method to preserve those organs. Bonus points if that method is the one the organ harvester used (like, for example, a freezer used by the organ harvester).

Anyway, if I really held the gun, I don't think I will have the guts to shoot. But assuming that I do, and I do have the choice of harvesting his organs before killing him, then I would. I would gladly sacrifice my own honor and level if it means saving somebody's life. For me it seems to be a good trade-off (a bit of my honor plus reputation for saving a life).

Well, perhaps this is just where our morality is different. I just think that if you were to execute a bad person, it would make absolutely no sense to not harvest his organs. I am against the death sentence, but given that the death sentence exists, why shouldn't we harvest the organs of capital punishment inmates?

Anyway, just my opinion on the matter.

@Zero
Well, if there is a method to preserve his organs with reasonable quality, those organs can be used to save someone else. Of course, I would probably take into account the laws of the country. If organ theft is immediately punishable by death, I probably wouldn't risk it, since then I'll lose my life to save someone else's (a one to one trade-off simply makes no sense in my utility calculations). If the punishment is like 30 years in jail, I probably would risk it, since 30 years of my life is nothing compared to saving a life. For me, if the benefit for society (saving one life) outweighs the costs for me, I'll take the chance. Assuming I have the nerve, of course. I probably don't.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:07   Link #31826
Eratas123

Last thing: What I'd do is take all the money he got and give it to away to both the family/friends of the one's who were killed and others. That's karmic, practical, and pissing on the guy by giving away everything he worked for.

@ Senpai - If you were fully burned, can you still feel pain on your skin if you survive?
Old 2012-06-02, 09:08   Link #31827
demino_hellsin
That one guy

screw morality, if you feel like the guy is worth killing, pull the trigger. If not, then don't do it and let fate decide.

As for his organs, if someone needs them and he's a match, why not?

EDIT: Why do I find it sad that the highlight of my day was eating ice cold watermelon?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 09:10   Link #31828
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
As far as what I could see in hospital, yes, you can, and it's awful. Sometimes, the patient is not dying from the injury but from the shock.

@ Demi
Eh? At least it's not a coconut dropped on your head (Thankfully it's just a graze, but it still bleed quite heavily)
Old 2012-06-02, 09:11   Link #31829
Eratas123

But I thought the skin was deadened?

@ Greedy - Mercy is the ultimate weapon. it's letting him/her know that you can pull the trigger but you choose not to.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:14   Link #31830
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: quite the highlight O.o and thank you... that made me smile a bit inside.

@eras: naivety at its finest. Like Kira "Jesus" Yamato.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:23   Link #31831
Eratas123

Mercy doesn't mean letting him get away with it:/ My definition of mercy pretty much extends to "As long as he/she's not dead yet." What happens before that is fair game. Don't act like showing mercy is being Stupid Good.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:24   Link #31832
greedyspectator

@Eratas:
Sorry, I have to disagree with you... again. It's just my morality has a Christian basis but has Economic Utility Maximization mixed in...

First of all, that organ harvester guy did not harvest my organs. If he did, then perhaps I have the right to give him mercy. If not, then the ones who should have the say of whether or not he should be given mercy should not be me, it should be the families, friends and lovers of the victim. I do not have the right to give mercy... although since I don't have the right to kill him either, this is a dead end.

Second of all, if giving him mercy makes him reconsider his ways, it's fine and dandy. But, if giving him mercy merely allows him to continue harvesting organs and killing people... screw that, I'll shoot him. Again, to allude to the world of comic books, Batman is a murderer no less than the Joker, for all the lives the Joker took that Batman could've saved by killing him.

I know that there is the 'thou shall not kill' clause in Christianity, but if I spare him and he continues his murdering spree, I have, for all practical reasons, partook in killing his victims, because I could have saved them by killing him the first place. Again, allusion to Batman. If I spare him and he continues to murder, then I am a murderer no less than he is, thus still violating the 'thou shall not kill' clause. However, if I decided to kill him, I have killed one person, compared to the multiple people I would have killed if I decided to spare him, thus violating the clause less.

Or maybe there is something wrong with my morality... There is no black and white answers in this.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:25   Link #31833
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Can we please get back to the story and forget personal morality (as much as it affect our story)?

And again, no organ harvesting, damn it. This is no Vandread or King of Bandit Jing. This is real life, and I.S. verse too to that extent.

@ Eras
What I mean is directly after the burning process, your nerve system still work at it's fullest. That is, when you're treated. You may end with lack of senses AFTER you regenerate your skin.

I assume I.S. verse would have a method of solving that, even if it's only partially works.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:26   Link #31834
greedyspectator

@Zero
Right. Sorry about that... got carried away.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:27   Link #31835
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: You're statements merely told me this. "No matter what happens, I will not kill unless I am forced to the absolute necessity."
Old 2012-06-02, 09:34   Link #31836
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Okay, switch the route

Crack pairing time, name any pairing (though preferably Het) of two characters, one from TLR and one from IS. Give me reason why it shouldn't work, and how to make it work. You shouldn't make it too extensive, I just need some suggestion to refresh my brain.

Note: please Exclude Sainan Principal.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:37   Link #31837
Eratas123

@ Demi - And your statements tell me "I'm sad about life and I can't find something to be happy about right now". Look, you have your morality, I have mine. If you think killing someone because you can is a suitable punishment, then fine I don't want to argue. But don't act like being pacifistic and killing only when necessary is stupid. If someone killed my family, I'd go after the one responsible and make him pay, not go after his family who isn't involved and do the same thing just to prove a point.

I don't wanna talk about this anymore. Lets just quit while we're ahead and let bygones be bygones.

@ Senpai - So after the skin gets back, no more nerves and feeling?

EDIT: Lala/Tabane - Not a romance, more like funny lab buddies.

Charlotte/Rito - Fits the Bill for sweet and kind girl who's capable.

Dan/The girl who loves groping people (Forgot her name) - Nuff said.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:42   Link #31838
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: I'm never sure whether it's me not getting your analogies or something else.

@zero: Lala's dad and Chifuyu? Second thing that came to mind other than Sainan principal and anyone. Why they won't work? They just seem too different. Why they can work? They share a rare few similarities... that and Chifuyu might dig the child-like form.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:48   Link #31839
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Finally the result is out from what gathered above

Lala/Tabane - Lala is looking at her like an idol AND mother figure, and it's somewhat mutual.

Gid/Tabane - Dude is having a nergasm, though more about her capability of massive destruction rather than her sheer intelligence. Tabane doesn't really care

Dan/Risa (the molester girl) - Oh hell, It WILL work. If somewhat onesided because Dan is not insane/desperate enough... or is he?

Rito/Charl - Working on some thing, basically recreating Rito/Haruna dynamic... wait a minute

@ Eras
Yes
Old 2012-06-02, 09:49   Link #31840
Eratas123

@ Demino - You remind me of my friend really: We both argue about the stupidest things. Anyway, the problem is you tend to argue by acting high and mighty or looking down with your wording: "Naivety at its finest. Like Kira Jesus Yamato." Did you really have to put it like this? I don't mind debating, but I hate debating with people who come off as degrading the person they're talking to.

@ Senpai - To add: Ran/Len - The perfect person to get a crush on.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest