AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-24, 14:46   Link #2181
willx
Nyaaan~~

Agreed! Excellent job Endless! Here's a link I saw in a post on Reddit just now translating a Russian Q&A:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...ssian-answers/

Here's some choice bits:
- Japanese tree: "when it's done it's done"
- British TD and arty branches are ready and will be introduced one after another
- Leopard 1 will have the L7A3 gun, it will have "magical" golden HE rounds (SS: earlier HESH was mentioned), that will comply with Wargaming's historical data (SS: the underlining made by SerB)
- Q: "Will there be other German post-war vehicles apart from Leopard?" A: "If you find some right ones, we'll implement them"
- it's possible Soviet IS-2 will appear as a tier 8 heavy tank

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-24, 15:51   Link #2182
Gravitas Free Zone

British tank destroyers... Now that's interesting.

(Speaking of backwards and forwards, I'd love to see the S-tank in this game.

Meanwhile... I just reached 100 wins over losses, after 2872 battles. It can only go downhill from here!

(Close to free XPing the Crusader... close to getting enough regular play XP for the T20, Panther II, and VK2801...)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:19   Link #2183
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Posted this in the MuP group page, but what the heck, gonna re-post it here too.

9 kills
Radley-Walter's Medal (for destroying 8-9 tier 5 or higher vehicles in one battle)
De Langlade's Medal (for destroying 4 enemy vehicles in a base circle)
Top Gun (my first one)
Ranger (my second one)

I wish I had recorded it!
EndlessSoul BANZAI!!!

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The irony of this match was that I was lagging as heck at least a third of the time. See those parts where it was like I was confused? That was when my connection suddenly blanks out, and that lag symbol on the upper left turns red on my end. I think I was averaging 300-400 ping at that point.
I was wondering what you were doing sometimes in that battle. But you did help me quite a bit so I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
If we have enough people with enough high tier tanks... we can definitely get one going.
A normal TC takes up to tier 6, so that shouldn't be too hard. Also, you don't have to be in the clan to join, so I could use my main account.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:20   Link #2184
willx
Nyaaan~~

Black Tom Weekend

Black Tom Weekend will commence at 03:30 PST (11:30 UTC) on January 25, 2013 and will run through 03:00 PST (11:00 UTC) on January 28, 2013.

X2 Crew Experience
50% Credit Discount on Consumables
Discount on Premium Time: Three days for 250

50% Gold Discount for the Following Premium Vehicles:
III M22 Locust
V Ram II

+50% Credit Income for the Following Vehicles:
V M24 Chaffee
VI M12

+100% Credit Income for the Following Vehicles:
VI M36 Jackson
VII T25 AT
VI M4A3E8 Sherman
VII T20
Old 2013-01-24, 18:40   Link #2185
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The developer notes was indeed a nice read. Unfortunately, there was no mention of the Sherman Firefly, which is the one of the vehicles I actually want

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 18:58   Link #2186
Sumeragi
Banned

Škoda Panther Rises:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 19:45   Link #2187
LeoXiao
思想工作

Wow, that Leopard totally stopped you from shooting those guys across the valley. Also, the T-34-85 would've killed you if he hadn't bounced.

ALSO, EVERYONE JOIN UP FOR THE CROMWELL SKIRMISH IF YOU CAN BE ON MONDAY AT 1930 US PACIFIC TIME

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-01-24 at 19:56.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 02:14   Link #2188
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Showed my gross incompetence when I platooned with kimidori tonight.... today was not my night. >_<;;;
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 03:22   Link #2189
Pen3

Finaly Ace Tank for Panther, but 1 shot short from Top Gun Panther II has 59% win ratio so not bad i suppose.
Spoiler for 5k damage!:
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 09:28   Link #2190
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Given the time zones, I don't think I can join with the Tank Company. Also, it's a Monday! I have work, I think, around that time.
Old 2013-01-25, 10:25   Link #2191
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Got myself the T20 on my way to the Pershing. And even at 90% crew and the upgrade engine, the T20 feels sluggish after all the circlestrafing I've done on the Easy 8. And said sluggishness combined with having to use the 76mm gun just feels like a serious handicap. This thing definitely needs the 90mm to get by... but I'll have to suffer at least 16k exp first (the tracks and turret) before I can mount it

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 10:36   Link #2192
Sumeragi
Banned

Situation Awareness

No screenshots

Fighting against a wave

Both times, I used the Königstiger's mobility to engage in close combat and win while bouncing shots.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 11:03   Link #2193
Gravitas Free Zone

Interesting, as I plan on getting a T20 next weekend...

Speaking of next weekend, I'd better use my Easy Eight to make some money this weekend, because my tank buying plans add up to around 8 million silver...

Though I'm still undecided as to whether I want to sell my Tiger and Panther (and transfer the crews) when I buy the Tiger II and Panther II.
Old 2013-01-25, 11:07   Link #2194
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Interesting, as I plan on getting a T20 next weekend...
To be precise, said sluggishness comes from the T20 having a much wider turn radius than the Easy 8, a result of having a lower turn rate (37 compared to the E8's 40). I'll wait and see whether its performance improves once my crew gets to 100% (they're currently at 90% having freshly transferred from the E8).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-01-25, 11:28   Link #2195
Gravitas Free Zone

Hmm, looks like the T20 has a slightly better turret traverse, and maybe a bit better HP/weight ratio, so it (by the numbers) should at least be competitive in peekaboo... though given that it'll be facing Tier 7 and up, it should be driving more than stopping.

It occurred to me earlier that the T-25 reminds me of the Cruiser III and Cruiser IV: Good straight-line speed, but potentially deadly-slow turning and turret traverse. But the T-25 at least has enough armor/HP to survive a goof. The Cruisers... not so much.

One of the things in my giant purchasing weekend will be the Jumbo. Given my experience with things like the Churchill, I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy being heavily-armored, slow, and moderately-armed. But the T29 is a step closer then...
Old 2013-01-25, 11:32   Link #2196
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Hmm, looks like the T20 has a slightly better turret traverse, and maybe a bit better HP/weight ratio, so it (by the numbers) should at least be competitive in peekaboo... though given that it'll be facing Tier 7 and up, it should be driving more than stopping.
I'd like to peek-a-boo with the T20, and so far I've had success with the Easy 8 using auto-aim to facilitate it. However, with the much higher Tier enemies I'm facing, using said technique will more often than not result in wasted shells via bouncing

Thus like I said, this thing really needs the 90mm M3. Good thing I've already researched it from the US Heavy line, but having to be stuck with the 76mm till I can grind the tracks and turret is gonna hurt

Old 2013-01-25, 11:36   Link #2197
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Fighting against a wave
I'd point out in particular .. on this map, the entire team went the other way leaving Sume, myself and maybe one/two other tanks to defend the entire flank and middle field. I went "middle-ish" hoping to provide some cover and vision.. only to see an entire wave fall like an avalanche onto the town.

This is another case where I'd advocate being aggressive was more effective than being passive and maybe doing a bit more damage.. You can see from the XP roll that I wasn't one of the top performers -- But my death was disruptive enough to be worthwhile. Why? Cause I helped slow down their advance. You can see that I tossed a couple of snipe shots at the tanks moving forward, but without my tank being physically there, the tanks behind the KV-5 would've kept rolling forward instead of stopping to shoot me. Once a tank stops .. once a tanker changes his mentality to caution -- it takes them a while to get moving again ..

PS: You can imagine me screaming: "Nooooooooo!" -- as I rush towards the KV-5 shooting Sume/Dai
Old 2013-01-25, 12:14   Link #2198
Gravitas Free Zone

It's surprising how much just one tank in a choke point can bog down an advance. I got hung out to dry by my allies in Mountain Pass, trying to hold off the northeast push from the ice road, but my team managed to win because the enemy wasted too much time not rushing me.

(They were, of course, thinking "He can't be alone!" But I was, because my cowardly teammates decided to wait even further back, out of line of sight of ANYTHING. So I did a lot of peekaboo from behind the three rocks.)

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-01-25 at 12:31.
Old 2013-01-25, 12:18   Link #2199
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
To be precise, said sluggishness comes from the T20 having a much wider turn radius than the Easy 8, a result of having a lower turn rate (37 compared to the E8's 40). I'll wait and see whether its performance improves once my crew gets to 100% (they're currently at 90% having freshly transferred from the E8).
Yeah, about that. If you're waiting to see if the T20 will perform anything like the E8... don't count on it.

In the US line, it's got the nickname of 'rocket sled'; it moves very fast, but only in a straight line. You will not find success circle-strafing with the T20 like you did with the E8. For that matter, even though the Pershing and Pattons have a better turn rate than the T20, circle strafing as a viable tactic really ends with the E8.

What the T20 does do well though, is teach you how to utilise hull-down tactics with US mediums. You will be learning how to peek over hard cover, pop off a quick shot with the assistance of the US medium line's advantage in accuracy-on-the-move shooting (and ability to mount a Vertical Stabilizer), and duck back behind the protection of terrain before your targets can get a clean shot back at you.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 12:29   Link #2200
willx
Nyaaan~~

Speaking of the T20 .. I'm having a hard time with it's Tier 6 cousin, the T21.. I absolutely love my Leopard, but the T21 just feels awful .. most of the forums compare it to a slightly worse version of the Chaffee. I'm very much contemplating using free XP to get through it to the T71!

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks