AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-21, 21:42   Link #1
Heirox

Searching for a Romantic Drama Anime

I'm looking for an anime that is a Romantic Drama and will make you tear but will make you smile when everything falls into place
it may be a Harem, because I do enjoy harems (and have lived through a harem in my own personal life[so much better in anime/manga]) but I won't require it

such anime that I have watched like what I'm looking for are:
Clannad and Clannad: After Story
ToraDora(not really teary, but definetly thought-provoking for me)
Kanon(I just watched the entire series and loved,smiled and cried all throughout it)

animes I'm thinking about:
EF Tales of Melodies(I don't remember the exact name)
Air(made by Key Animation which also created Kanon and Clannad)

so to sum it up, I'm looking for an anime with:
Romance(think of Tomoya x Nagisa(Clannad) or Yuuichi x Ayu(Kanon) or especially like Yuuichi x Makoto(Kanon)
Cute(need to be kawaii!)
Teary(I want to be torn up while watching it)
art style similar to Clannad, Kanon, ToraDora, Dog Days, etc.

what I don't mind:
ecchi(hentai is not what I want to be watching)(ecchi as in The Sacred Blacksmith)
yuri(but I can not tolerate yaoi very well)
gore(please keep it to a very low minimal because I don't like gore too much, but have watched Elfen Lied)
Old 2012-01-21, 21:46   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I suggest you watch Ef A Tale of Memories first before Melodies

Anyway:
Lovely Complex
Kareshi Kanojo

And if you don't mind 50 episodes a relationship that takes a while to shape and evolve... Cross Game
Old 2012-01-21, 21:55   Link #3
dametsuna

angel beats maybe suit you... do not drop it until near end... it happens there.
Old 2012-01-22, 05:00   Link #4
Heirox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I suggest you watch Ef A Tale of Memories first before Melodies

Anyway:
Lovely Complex
Kareshi Kanojo

And if you don't mind 50 episodes a relationship that takes a while to shape and evolve... Cross Game
oh I thought it was memories, didn't realize that they were two different anime or seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dametsuna View Post
angel beats maybe suit you... do not drop it until near end... it happens there.
angel beats... I've heard of it before is it ecchi? or am I thinking of something else?

--------------------------------
also I have a wii and I use a lot to watch anime and it can't process some videos so any suggestions for websites to use?
Old 2012-01-22, 05:05   Link #5
dametsuna

no ecchi... if got only a little bit only, so dun worry
Old 2012-01-22, 05:14   Link #6
Heirox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dametsuna View Post
no ecchi... if got only a little bit only, so dun worry
okay! =D either ecchi is fine as long as its not going over the top and starts looking like a hentai XD

I think I might have been thinking of something else thats either ecchi or hentai and had "haruka" in the title , believe me I haven't watched it so I don't know if I'm right
Old 2012-01-22, 06:31   Link #7
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Angel Beats is a monster of anime, it will definitely rox up your own "favorite list". The plot is just wonderful, and you get to understand why only nearing the end. It got awesome characters, and.... oh just watch it, you can't go wrong here. It's just wonderful.

PS: don't stop at the first episode: it starts off to look like some comedy whatsoever, but it will get VERY emotional later on, just have patience and follow the story. It will amaze you.
Old 2012-01-22, 06:38   Link #8
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The only anime that I watched and falls on this category Yosuga no Sora. It has cute, slightly teary atmosphere of the anime but its extremely ecchi (yeah, its not really a hentai anime, but it has pseudo hentai scenes).

Another animes that I watched it for that category were Angel Beats! and Dragon Crisis!.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-22, 07:55   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Both Nodame Cantabile and REC, while putatively romantic comedies, actually contain quite a bit of drama. The now hard-to-find Saiunkoku Monogatari also falls into this category. Don't be fooled by its somewhat deceptive opening episode, which is more comedic than the series as a whole. Planetes might also be a good choice.

These are all dramas in the usual sense, not the kind of "drama" that arises from romantic polygons and the like. The drama in Nodame, for instance, focuses on the students' dedication to improving their musical abilities and moving on to a professional career.
Old 2012-01-23, 19:02   Link #10
Heirox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Angel Beats is a monster of anime, it will definitely rox up your own "favorite list". The plot is just wonderful, and you get to understand why only nearing the end. It got awesome characters, and.... oh just watch it, you can't go wrong here. It's just wonderful.

PS: don't stop at the first episode: it starts off to look like some comedy whatsoever, but it will get VERY emotional later on, just have patience and follow the story. It will amaze you.
oh I'm already loving angel beats!
I like comedies either way
oh I never drop an anime that quickly unless it has bad artwork quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The only anime that I watched and falls on this category Yosuga no Sora. It has cute, slightly teary atmosphere of the anime but its extremely ecchi (yeah, its not really a hentai anime, but it has pseudo hentai scenes).

Another animes that I watched it for that category were Angel Beats! and Dragon Crisis!.

yeah cute and ecchi
"pseudo hentai scenes" what exactly is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Both Nodame Cantabile and REC, while putatively romantic comedies, actually contain quite a bit of drama. The now hard-to-find Saiunkoku Monogatari also falls into this category. Don't be fooled by its somewhat deceptive opening episode, which is more comedic than the series as a whole. Planetes might also be a good choice.

These are all dramas in the usual sense, not the kind of "drama" that arises from romantic polygons and the like. The drama in Nodame, for instance, focuses on the students' dedication to improving their musical abilities and moving on to a professional career.

I always watch animes through to the very end or take a break aand later finish them like Bleach and Naruto and th such

Nodame... cool because I play the cello and I'm a singer as well(my genre is pop and more specifically boyband-type music-plus I write all my songs).

thanks everyone who responded I have a nicely sized list of animes to watch!

Last edited by Heirox; 2012-01-23 at 19:03. Reason: new information added
Old 2012-01-23, 19:18   Link #11
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirox View Post

yeah cute and ecchi
"pseudo hentai scenes" what exactly is that?
As for Yosuga no sora (Misaofan really likes to advice people wo watch it, eventhough not that many people find it good) he was talking about the slightly censored sex scenes in it (it's an eroge adaption). It's goes beyond ecchi if you ask me and there were for normal anime standards lot's of those scenes. I think the romance itself was not strong, but you can try though.
As for ef, i also recommend it. It has nice romance, drama and also some mystery elements in it as well. Go for ef a tale of memories first, because a tale of melodies is it's sequel (well in some way)
Old 2012-01-23, 19:23   Link #12
Heirox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
As for Yosuga no sora (Misaofan really likes to advice people wo watch it, eventhough not that many people find it good) he was talking about the slightly censored sex scenes in it (it's an eroge adaption). It's goes beyond ecchi if you ask me and there were for normal anime standards lot's of those scenes.
As for ef, i also recommend it.
Go for ef a tale of memories first, because a tale of melodies is it's sequel (well in some way)
ahhh, good thing I don't mind hentai all that much :P

as for ef tale of memories I'm having a hard time finding it and keep finding melodies instead... do u know any good places(I prefer ones that use multiple mirrors)
Old 2012-01-23, 19:27   Link #13
hyl
reading #hikaributts

No idea, i saw it years ago.

Also i have some other suggestions like True Tears or if you can get past the slow but nice atmosphere of first few episodes, then Mashiro iro symphony can work. It's still a hit or miss title depending on the viewer's preferences, but it was surprisingly different for me in the end.
I still recommend ef and true tears over mashiro iro symphony though, but mashiphony is easier to find because it was an anime from the last season.
Old 2012-01-23, 19:34   Link #14
Heirox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
No idea, i saw it years ago.

Also i have some other suggestions like True Tears or if you can get past the slow but nice atmosphere of first few episodes, then Mashiro iro symphony can work. It's still a hit or miss title depending on the viewer's preferences, but it was surprisingly different for me in the end.
I still recommend ef and true tears over mashiro iro symphony though, but mashiphony is easier to find because it was an anime from the last season.
no problem, I have a very well-developed patience and I'm a persevering otaku to the point where I never watch part of anime unless the art is just horrid or one I don't like

oh I'll watch all of them
I love watching anime and watch atleast two episodes a day in the morning before school

along with loving anime/manga, I am a mangaka(manga artist) and am learning graphic arts to extend and be an anime artist as well
Closed Thread