AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-08-01, 14:51   Link #12241
Joemenix

Hello guys, I am a french newby on this site (forgive me for my bad english, I'll do my best ><).
I grew up with Captain Harlock since I am four (I am eighteen now), and I recently discover some awesome anime or visual novel like Evangelion, Yamato (I am an huge fan of Leiji Matsumoto), Gunbuster, MLA...
I am sure that I'll like it here.
A bientôt sur le forum !
Joemenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 15:23   Link #12242
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemenix View Post
Hello guys, I am a french newby on this site (forgive me for my bad english, I'll do my best ><).
I grew up with Captain Harlock since I am four (I am eighteen now), and I recently discover some awesome anime or visual novel like Evangelion, Yamato (I am an huge fan of Leiji Matsumoto), Gunbuster, MLA...
I am sure that I'll like it here.
A bientôt sur le forum !
Bonjour Joemenix! Welcome to the forums! I understand your English perfectly

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 16:12   Link #12243
Joemenix

I confess that write my previous post took me five minutes :B
Anyway, delighted to meet you MUAHAHAHAHA.
Joemenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 16:20   Link #12244
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemenix View Post
I confess that write my previous post took me five minutes :B
Anyway, delighted to meet you MUAHAHAHAHA.
Practice makes perfect Anyway, nice to meet you too

Old 2012-08-01, 19:09   Link #12245
Darknessgod

Hello, everybody
I'm Darknessgod
18 years old
Every time I have to introduce myself, I don't know what should I say ^^'
My fav anime and manga is To Love-Ru
The Darkness and the God of Darknessgod come from Golden Darkness (TLR) - I want to write Darknessgold but I forget the l... but this name is good, so I keep this name since that day
Oh ! And before you ask about my poor english... I'm French =)
So with Joemenix who introduced yesterday, there is 2 french in a row...

Anyway, nice to meet everyone here
Darknessgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 01:22   Link #12246
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknessgod View Post
Hello, everybody
I'm Darknessgod
18 years old
The Darkness and the God of Darknessgod come from Golden Darkness (TLR) - I want to write Darknessgold but I forget the l... but this name is good, so I keep this name since that day

Hey Darknessgod! Another French! Hehe, welcome to the forums!

Old 2012-08-02, 05:05   Link #12247
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknessgod View Post
Hello, everybody
I'm Darknessgod
18 years old

Hey Darknessgod. Welcome to the forums.
Old 2012-08-02, 11:15   Link #12248
simetradon

Hello, my name is Simon.

I've been a writer and artist for quite some time, doing a number of different short-term projects for a number of different companies, ranging from gaming to graphic novels, mechanical drawing, topographical map details, short stories, ghost writing, etc.

Within the past few months, I found a home with a small publisher called Arcanum Syndicate. To date, they have put out two separate game lines, both the fantasy-style Dark Kingdoms, and the gritty futuristic Chaos 6010 A.D. The Chaos 6010 A.D. Role Playing Game is a gritty cyber-goth horror setting focused on a dark future in which magic has been rediscovered through the assistance of alien races, Earth has been rendered into a wasteland of horrors by an apocalyptic event, and corporations secretly control the galaxy. I currently work on the Chaos 6010 line, having provided the bulk of the writing and artwork for a singular product to date (Chaos Contracts; Tides of Sin), and I have a few other projects currently in various stages of completion.

I have always had a fondness for both science fiction elements, and fantasy. Many times I would begin my own works based in either genre, only to get about halfway through it and long to work in the other genre. Thankfully, the combination found within Chaos 6010 allows me to combine elements of both, from faster-than light spacecraft to demon summoning, from plasma sword fights on alien worlds to shooting elves in the face.

As one of the primary writers for Chaos 6010, I often get asked about my inspirations. One of the greatest inspirations for my writing comes from some of the greater anime movies out there. Chaos 6010 is a brutal and bloody game, where characters can suffer from being the unfortunate recipient of a hail of bullets, leaving them near lifeless and crumpled on the ground. However, they can always be saved by a quick acting party member with access to healing magic.

One of the biggest inspirations is the Vampire Hunter D series, where the world seems a bit desolate, technology is both highly advanced, yet seemingly mundane. The world is populated by mutants, supernatural creatures, and mercenaries. The Marcus brothers would merge seamlessly into the wastelands of Chaos 6010 Earth, fighting against the undead that stalk the wasteland.

Within the city of Haven, I've drawn inspiration from a number of sources, from Akira for the shadowy corporate conspiracies and biker gangs (I've almost included the Clowns in an upcoming product), to Battle Angel for the obvious class warfare (the lofty members of society and the detritus that feeds from their refuse). The cyberthieves from Battle Angel are an inspiration for an entry in the upcoming Chaos 6010 product called "Urban Encounters".

Another inspiration for the wastelands is the planet Gunsmoke from the Trigun series, with vast stretches of desert with sparse settlements and small towns. Unusual characters travel through, including people from the city looking to take care of some business.

Of course, there are almost too many inspirations to name, predominantly due to the amount of post-apocalyptic and cyberpunk elements found within a number of anime. Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, Golgo 13, and Megazone 23.

As a final note, yes, I have even been inspired by Urosukidoji, as I find parallel elements of the horrific demons that enter the world through a spirit gate, and the destruction caused within the film.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-02 at 15:29.
simetradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 06:22   Link #12249
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetradon View Post
Hello, my name is Simon.

I've been a writer and artist for quite some time, doing a number of different short-term projects for a number of different companies, ranging from gaming to graphic novels, mechanical drawing, topographical map details, short stories, ghost writing, etc.

Within the past few months, I found a home with a small publisher called Arcanum Syndicate. To date, they have put out two separate game lines, both the fantasy-style Dark Kingdoms, and the gritty futuristic Chaos 6010 A.D. The Chaos 6010 A.D. Role Playing Game is a gritty cyber-goth horror setting focused on a dark future in which magic has been rediscovered through the assistance of alien races, Earth has been rendered into a wasteland of horrors by an apocalyptic event, and corporations secretly control the galaxy. I currently work on the Chaos 6010 line, having provided the bulk of the writing and artwork for a singular product to date (Chaos Contracts; Tides of Sin), and I have a few other projects currently in various stages of completion.

I have always had a fondness for both science fiction elements, and fantasy. Many times I would begin my own works based in either genre, only to get about halfway through it and long to work in the other genre. Thankfully, the combination found within Chaos 6010 allows me to combine elements of both, from faster-than light spacecraft to demon summoning, from plasma sword fights on alien worlds to shooting elves in the face.

As one of the primary writers for Chaos 6010, I often get asked about my inspirations. One of the greatest inspirations for my writing comes from some of the greater anime movies out there. Chaos 6010 is a brutal and bloody game, where characters can suffer from being the unfortunate recipient of a hail of bullets, leaving them near lifeless and crumpled on the ground. However, they can always be saved by a quick acting party member with access to healing magic.

One of the biggest inspirations is the Vampire Hunter D series, where the world seems a bit desolate, technology is both highly advanced, yet seemingly mundane. The world is populated by mutants, supernatural creatures, and mercenaries. The Marcus brothers would merge seamlessly into the wastelands of Chaos 6010 Earth, fighting against the undead that stalk the wasteland.

Within the city of Haven, I've drawn inspiration from a number of sources, from Akira for the shadowy corporate conspiracies and biker gangs (I've almost included the Clowns in an upcoming product), to Battle Angel for the obvious class warfare (the lofty members of society and the detritus that feeds from their refuse). The cyberthieves from Battle Angel are an inspiration for an entry in the upcoming Chaos 6010 product called "Urban Encounters".

Another inspiration for the wastelands is the planet Gunsmoke from the Trigun series, with vast stretches of desert with sparse settlements and small towns. Unusual characters travel through, including people from the city looking to take care of some business.

Of course, there are almost too many inspirations to name, predominantly due to the amount of post-apocalyptic and cyberpunk elements found within a number of anime. Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, Golgo 13, and Megazone 23.

As a final note, yes, I have even been inspired by Urosukidoji, as I find parallel elements of the horrific demons that enter the world through a spirit gate, and the destruction caused within the film.
Hey Simon! Welcome to the forums!

Old 2012-08-04, 12:02   Link #12250
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

GDiddy here.

Decided to join on a wim and am looking for a new place to chat about anime.

Long time fan for over ten years now....yes, I have no life. XD

Anyway *waves* Konichwa.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 21:53   Link #12251
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Welcome to the forums GDiddy. This is definitely the place to chat about anime, if you must know. It is nice to know that your are an anime fan and so you know, watching animes for years does not mean you don't have a life. If you could breathe, eat and drink....you alive.
Once again Welcome and i hope you have a good time here.
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 01:21   Link #12252
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
GDiddy here.

Decided to join on a wim and am looking for a new place to chat about anime.

Long time fan for over ten years now....yes, I have no life. XD

Anyway *waves* Konichwa.
Hi there GDiddy! Welcome to the forums!

Old 2012-08-05, 04:09   Link #12253
xlyace

Hey guys, just joined up. Please take care of me. Thanks.
xlyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 04:34   Link #12254
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlyace View Post
Hey guys, just joined up. Please take care of me. Thanks.
Welcome to the forums, xylace

Old 2012-08-05, 18:54   Link #12255
Lydia.

Greetings.

I obviously am new onto this animefied internet base. Previously am a member of another anime-forum. But I had thought to join others, for extra anime rants, gossips and news.
Lydia. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 19:54   Link #12256
ZeeV2
Jinzo FTW

Heya,

My names Zee, been watching anime since 2001 and kind of slowed down over the years, thought I join a forum. I'm a huge yu-gi-oh fan (been playing since 2002) and still going strong.

I use to have an account on the forum in 2007 but never bothered making many posts but this time hopefully I will.

Catch you guys soon :L.
ZeeV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 01:04   Link #12257
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia. View Post
Greetings.

I obviously am new onto this animefied internet base. Previously am a member of another anime-forum. But I had thought to join others, for extra anime rants, gossips and news.
Greetings Lydia! Welcome to the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeV2 View Post
Heya,

My names Zee, been watching anime since 2001 and kind of slowed down over the years, thought I join a forum. I'm a huge yu-gi-oh fan (been playing since 2002) and still going strong.

I use to have an account on the forum in 2007 but never bothered making many posts but this time hopefully I will.

Hi there Zee! Welcome

Old 2012-08-07, 03:27   Link #12258
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeV2 View Post
Heya,

Hey ZeeV2. Welcome to the forums.
Old 2012-08-07, 12:35   Link #12259
violetroses

i have no idea wat to do here but yah hi
violetroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 14:30   Link #12260
Kurohane

Greetings

Hello everyone,

I am Kurohane. I have been a huge anime fan since I found the genre. The first shows I watched were the popular Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon and Yugioh. In later years, the more serious series I watched were Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha. After about a decade, here I am and I love the genre now more than ever currently watching new shows such as Cardfight Vanguard and the Eureka Seven sequel. Nice to meet you all.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members