AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-29, 12:17   Link #28221
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I actually think it looks pretty cool. It adds a bit of design to an otherwise relatively plain looking Gundam.

Also what's wrong with Bandai milking the Unicorn series? It's currently the new running series (or OVA series to be precise), it's popular, and Unicorn is within UC timeline so it can make sense. =)
Old 2012-11-29, 13:01   Link #28222
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
While the new Nu Ver.Ka does look amazing I kind of don't like that it seems to have clear psychoframe pieces throughout it's body...

I mean look at it! The armor pieces even pop aside to reveal them! What is this? Nu Unicorn Gundam Destroy Mode? >__>
It kind of makes the Unicorn itself less unique in my opinion. The whole point of the Unicorn was to have a Gundam that has a complete psycho frame and now the Nu, which is much older than the Unicorn, does the exact same thing.
I know it's just a non-canonical redesign but in my opinion this kind of makes it look like they are trying to milk Unicorn even harder than they already are^^
Well the Unicorn was supposed to be developed from the Nu so guess it having a partial P-Frame is fine by me.
But I like this look much better than the older vers. It's much more mechanical looking than the more smooth style.
As that older style feels abit dated to me, just like with the RX-78(altho it's newer updates aren't bad)
Sadly very few gundams have that classical look that can uphold through time unlike say some classical cars.

Will be getting Nu regardless, it's simply awesome looking now
Old 2012-11-29, 13:02   Link #28223
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well the Unicorn was supposed to be developed from the Nu so guess it having a partial P-Frame is fine by me.
But I like this look much better than the older vers. It's much more mechanical looking than the more smooth style.
As that older style feels abit dated to me, just like with the RX-78(altho it's newer updates aren't bad)
Sadly very few gundams have that classical look that can uphold through time unlike say some classical cars.

Will be getting Nu regardless, it's simply awesome looking now
Agreed. =)
As you know, I'm not really well versed in UC series. I didn't know that Nu was supposed to be developed into Unicorn, but I do see similarities there so it makes sense that the Nu Gundam would have psychoframe showing.
Old 2012-11-29, 13:20   Link #28224
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I would say Gundam Mk.II and (especially) Zeta Gundam's design are timeless. You can put them side-by-side with any other modern Gundams and they won't look outdated .
Old 2012-11-29, 13:20   Link #28225
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I would say Gundam Mk.II and (especially) Zeta Gundam's design are timeless. You can put them side-by-side with any other modern Gundams and they won't look outdated .
Any other modern Gundams?
Hm.. Gundam 00 designs. BOOM. =P
Old 2012-11-29, 13:24   Link #28226
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Any other modern Gundams?
Hm.. Gundam 00 designs. BOOM. =P
What "BOOM"? Zeta still looks sexy and futuristic next to 00 Qant, Exia, 00 Raiser, etc any time .
Old 2012-11-29, 13:25   Link #28227
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
What "BOOM"? Zeta still looks sexy and futuristic next to 00 Qant, Exia, 00 Raiser, etc any time .
Zeta...00 mecha designs.

Nope. 00 is way more futuristic and streamlined.
Old 2012-11-29, 13:27   Link #28228
FalsePrime

Streamlined doesn't always make them better.

In fact to many people it can be a huge problem, very much something you hear alot when people who prefer Wing Gundam Zero to Wing Gundam Zero EW.

Not the hugest fan of Zeta, but I do think that Zeta and more so HS can easily stand next to anything from SEED/OO/Age.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 13:33   Link #28229
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:

I agree. The MK-II is one of my favourite designs and its definitely a a timeless design. While I'm not the biggest fan of the Zeta, it looks more futuristic then a lof the other designs out there.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 14:00   Link #28230
RX93-2
White Unicorn

I think the semi-psychoframe on the new MG NU is meant to emulate the end of the movie where Amuro overloaded it to push back Axis.
The model interpretation of it is obviously a nod to the unicorn, and a cool gimmick, but the in-canon explanation doesn't from out of nothing.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 14:16   Link #28231
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
I think the semi-psychoframe on the new MG NU is meant to emulate the end of the movie where Amuro overloaded it to push back Axis.
The model interpretation of it is obviously a nod to the unicorn, and a cool gimmick, but the in-canon explanation doesn't from out of nothing.
Makes sense, but I never saw much of UC at all aside from 08th MS Team and random episodes of various series here and there.
Old 2012-11-29, 18:53   Link #28232
bio9205
Reborn

Well, as a newly minted UC fan, they can milk Unicorn for all I care.

Nu looks amazing. But isn't it supposed to have a psychoframe cockpit only, and not around the entire MS?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 02:41   Link #28233
helois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
While the new Nu Ver.Ka does look amazing I kind of don't like that it seems to have clear psychoframe pieces throughout it's body...
I mean look at it! The armor pieces even pop aside to reveal them! What is this? Nu Unicorn Gundam Destroy Mode? >__>
It kind of makes the Unicorn itself less unique in my opinion. The whole point of the Unicorn was to have a Gundam that has a complete psycho frame and now the Nu, which is much older than the Unicorn, does the exact same thing.
I know it's just a non-canonical redesign but in my opinion this kind of makes it look like they are trying to milk Unicorn even harder than they already are^^
I think about the final scene of CCA,where there is that amount of particles,maybe there was a chest,arms break to release the particles and we don't see it in the show.. and like Bonta Kun said the Unicorn is a develop of the Nu,so a psycoframe that "appear" from nothing (in the Unicorn) is less "magic", I know,but it more justified by the presence of this in the Nu..

otherwise,it's a choise to reveal the frame..
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 11:29   Link #28234
derrickmc63

MG Nu Ver Ka. is definitely a buy for me. From all the features that have been given to us, the price tag looks like its worth it for this model.
derrickmc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 11:31   Link #28235
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmc63 View Post
MG Nu Ver Ka. is definitely a buy for me. From all the features that have been given to us, the price tag looks like its worth it for this model.
I guess. =)

But me, I'm trying to save up for these at the moment..

MG 00 Raiser (Trans-Am) --> lookin at eBay
MG Exia (Trans-Am)
MG Age-2 Darkhound

>_<

That's gonna be it for GunPla for a while... maybe get another MG 00 Qan[T] to display 1 with the Quantum Burst Mode pose. =P

I know.. I'm a 00 fiend...rofl rofl
Old 2012-11-30, 14:01   Link #28236
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Makes sense, but I never saw much of UC at all aside from 08th MS Team and random episodes of various series here and there.
All the more reason you should go and watch all the UC series, at least watch the Original series, Zeta, ZZ, and CCA
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:02   Link #28237
Skye629

The new Rozen Zulu and C;anche Custom pics are looking fantastic! >< but I haz no cash for them atm
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:53   Link #28238
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The new Rozen Zulu and C;anche Custom pics are looking fantastic! >< but I haz no cash for them atm

Really disappointed Bandai cheaped out on the white plastic for the claws and the fuel tanks. Guess I'll have to try my hand at some proper painting.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 19:54   Link #28239
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

So far all of the Zulu kits from Unicorn have been built really sturdy. I really like the Zee Zulu's. Hopefully Angelos Rozen is built just as good, with all its display pieces.
Old 2012-11-30, 22:08   Link #28240
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Is that really the final product? It's surprisingly.... Bright..

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy