AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-17, 14:54   Link #61
Warm Mist

Dark horse? I'd say it's been at the forefront since Nakamura's involvement was disclosed.

That said, the precedent for NakamuraxTatsunoko was... yeah.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 16:07   Link #62
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Dark horse? I'd say it's been at the forefront since Nakamura's involvement was disclosed.

That said, the precedent for NakamuraxTatsunoko was... yeah.
I've never felt just having a particular staff member on board puts you at the forefront of anything. I like to wait till at least partway through a show before worrying about it's longevity and potential impact.

I'm mostly just interested because reboots of classic franchises tend to have been really good lately. It's definitely one of the few Summer shows that has my interest but I have absolutely no opinion on it yet other than the designs look nice but that it's troubling we haven't seen anything that confirms it as relating to Gatchaman other than the name Berg Katze.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 17:09   Link #63
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm just hoping there'll be a trailer or something soon.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 17:10   Link #64
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I'm just hoping there'll be a trailer or something soon.
The last trailer that was posted on the NTV website (for Kitakubu) was region blocked, so even if there was one, I'm not sure we'd be able to see it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 08:59   Link #65
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
I've never felt just having a particular staff member on board puts you at the forefront of anything. I like to wait till at least partway through a show before worrying about it's longevity and potential impact.

I'm mostly just interested because reboots of classic franchises tend to have been really good lately. It's definitely one of the few Summer shows that has my interest but I have absolutely no opinion on it yet other than the designs look nice but that it's troubling we haven't seen anything that confirms it as relating to Gatchaman other than the name Berg Katze.
I tought the same thing, but truthfully, we have not yet seen the transofrmations.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 13:42   Link #66
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I know nothing of Gatchaman, but the cast has me for this one. Uchida Maaya gets another chance to lead (first since Chuunibyou). Koiwai Kotori gets another chance to show her stuff, following her role as the Hair Queen in Dansai Bunri.

And Hirano Aya returns! It will be great to hear if she still has it, which she definitely did in Haruhi, Lucky Star, and Phantom Thief. It's not as if she has been totally absent from voice acting, but Jewelpet and Fairy Tail were not on my watch list. And now she has a lot more, shall we say, life experience to work with.

Although I never finished Tsuritama, its quality was obvious, so the staff is a plus, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 14:40   Link #67
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well in the meantime, there is the upcoming live action movie:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 09:46   Link #68
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Uchida Maaya gets another chance to lead (first since Chuunibyou).
I don't watch Chuunibyou, but doesn't that series have a male character as lead?
Old 2013-06-25, 10:00   Link #69
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Rikka in Chuunibyou is the female deuteragonist, I suppose. Rea from Sankarea is another example.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 10:06   Link #70
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Rikka in Chuunibyou is the female deuteragonist, I suppose. Rea from Sankarea is another example.
I see. Well, in this series Uchida's character is supposedly the main protagonist, so it's an even more important role.
Old 2013-06-30, 14:35   Link #71
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't watch Chuunibyou, but doesn't that series have a male character as lead?
Every "leading man" in a romance has a "leading lady." In any case, I think Rikka was just as prominent in that story as the male lead. She was the pole star around which the story and almost everything he did turned. Whatever one calls it, she had a leading role.

And while I'm here, please note that my avatar of the season is another seiyuu from Chuunibyou: Akasaki Chinatsu (Mori Summer). This season, she has two strong roles, one of them as one of a group of leading girls: Maki in Love Lab, and Shimeji in Fantasista Doll. She also has a role in Symphogear G.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 16:06   Link #72
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Every "leading man" in a romance has a "leading lady."
Yeah, but only one character is the main protagonist, the character who moves the plot with his or her decisions and actions. Most of the time the "co-star" is a character whose main role is to serve as motivation for the protagonist.

But yeah, from a seiyuu standpoint all this probably doesn't matter. A leading role is a leading role, whether is the main protagonist or the co-star.
Old 2013-07-05, 18:30   Link #73
Konja7

Do you know when this anime begins?

I am very interested in knowing more about this story.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 07:55   Link #74
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
Do you know when this anime begins?

I am very interested in knowing more about this story.
As of the time of this post it airs in 6 days, 4 hours and 2 minutes.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 08:08   Link #75
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It is odd though that it's less than a week to airing yet hasn't even had a general PV for it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 08:35   Link #76
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It is odd though that it's less than a week to airing yet hasn't even had a general PV for it.
They're screening the OP tomorrow at Japan Expo, so after that they'll probably release the OP and a proper PV online.... maybe. It'll also be the first time they show off the suit designs for the show. I hope it's worth the wait. ^^;
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 15:38   Link #77
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I really hope they're not CGI or worse, rotoscoped.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 15:55   Link #78
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I really hope they're not CGI or worse, rotoscoped.
Well done rotoscope is better than CG, though.
Old 2013-07-06, 23:59   Link #79
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well I haven't seen the actual OP but I found the song for it and I've been listening to it on loop all day
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 00:36   Link #80
dark998

OP song is suprisingly good.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reimagining, science fiction, superhero