5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-24, 13:15   Link #81
monster

LOL, I knew it was going to be Double Build Knuckle as soon as that right arm appeared.

Anyway, I'm torn with the Chairman's action. On the one hand, I dislike this manner of arrogance in an antagonist, but on the other hand, I just can't bring myself to dislike the Chairman. He and Ms. Baker have become my favorite pair in the show.

I also dislike the fact that everyone was vilifying the Meijin even before the field change and the repetitive punches. That repetitive punches aside, which resembles the Fenice incident, the rest of the fight is something normal as far as I'm concerned.

That said, I will still consider this the best fight of the series yet for one simple reason: Reiji didn't try to talk the Meijin out of his control. Of course, the fact that the Meijin's life wasn't in danger helped, but I will still credit the effort.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 13:57   Link #82
Kurohane

This week we got the answers we were looking for with last week's episode cliffhanger. At the beginning, we get a flashback of the day before the finals with the completed Amazing Exia. However, the chairman arrives ruining the moment of celebration, and replaces it with one of tension. The chairman basically is ordering Yuuki to win at all cost, even saying act like the Second Meijin to do so. Yuuki puts two and two together and suspects the Second Meijin was forced adopt a win at all costs philosophy by the company. Really, the Second wasn't initially that way, but was forced to. Yuuki quickly refuses that follow that philisophy, resorting the chairman to use his guards to hold him and Allan down, while Barthes puts the mind control device on Yuuki. Then, we come back to the the finals. Once the match starts, Yuuki shows right away how possessed he is by the Second Meijin's philosophy by attacking Sei and Reiji right out of the gate, and proceeds to curbstomp them at every chance.

While the match is going on we find Nils and Caroline tied up in the particle room, noticing the crystal glowing with a consistent intensity. Being honest, I have a couple of problems with this. First, I have trouble believing Mr. Genius/ Ninja boy can not get out of those ropes. Second, the whole fact that they were swarmed by guards the night of the festival, which was a week before the finals, and stayed like that for a whole week is unbelievable. I mean they were there for a whole WEEK, probably without having any food or water, having not had to use the bathroom for that long, and they still look just fine (Unless the guards fed them, as they obviously can't feed themselves when tied up). I may just be overthinking this, and no doubt the staff didn't think that viewers wouldn't care enough to notice this, but still I found that particularly glaring.

The match itself continued to be one-sided with even more intervention as the field changed in the middle of the battle leaving Sei and Reiji up against the wall, quite literally, as Dark Matter continues to show it's fearsome prowess. The Star Build even shut down for a time, and needed to be recharged. The chairman, who is controlling Yuuki via his arista, had every opportunity to finish them off then, but no, he was hit with Character-Induced-Stupidity, with showing arrogance, and going into a monologue of how Reiji's presence caused him grief and anxiety. We find out how he made his rise to power so to speak, and I'll get into that later on.

Anyway, thanks to the gem that she has now, Aila was able to hear part of the chairman's conversation about controlling Yuuki, which she then proceeds to tell Reiji and Sei via the same type of communication. Reiji also manages to use his gem to interfere with the chairman's control if only a little. The two easily come to the resolution to save Yuuki, and win the tournament. They succeed via first OP music as insert and Discharge Double Build Knuckle, with animation that easily comes off as standard shounen epic. I compare it with Super Robot Wars OG, but I digress. The Dark Matter coloring and upgrades turned out to be plastic plating over the Amazing Exia. That really makes sense as they had no time to rehaul the whole thing in time. Also, somehow the Sunglasses over Yuuki broke apart as well (either from overload, or shounen magic).

Mashita, the chairman, was originally a resident from Arian, and no more then a run of the mil thief at that time. He attempted to steal the Arista, but something happened and he ended being sent to Earth. There he met Baker, and the rest is history. Yeah, not that impressive really. Not only do we find out that Mashita is really just a clown trying to be a villain, but also Baker is really the brains of the operation. She's the "man behind the man" or "woman behind the man" in this case. If we ever get a sequel, she could easily rank up to big bad. Either way, Mashita is finished with causing this latest incident of the particles running amok, and materializing this fortress.

Anyway, I consider this a good episode, mostly because I knew what I was getting, and it was done in a believable way in-universe. 8/10. Next week is the finale!
Old 2014-03-24, 14:22   Link #83
patgarci

See why did they not do this more often?! CREATIVE USE OF THE POWER GATE!!! like what they did in this ep
patgarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 14:24   Link #84
RX93-2
White Unicorn

That was a really stupid ending to the fight, and I mean that in the best way possible.
STAR BUILD RG KNUCKLE DUSTERS!

Seriously, this was a super over the top ending to an overly dramatic presentation of children's toys with some damn fun asspulls. It's not the fight I expected 10 episodes ago but it was hilarious just how over the top it got. Sure another Sniper K9 vs Amazing would have been aces but that just isn't how you end a Shonen show.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 14:28   Link #85
hai_san

if i quoted myself from last ep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Somehow with so many great gunplas i wish for another battle royale... when all the good guys together figth of the evil big boss...
then it will really happen

for ep 24 itself the battle was quite good but somehow it lack the "drama" or tension it has like the battle with Fenice or 144 Zaku. I did find these 2 battle the best in the serie.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 14:55   Link #86
Traece
:cool:

The Star Build Strike RG system stuff was pretty neat, with all the new tricks they used. Beyond that though, this fight was actually extremely disappointing. I would've liked to have seen a real battle between Yuuki and Sei/Reiji. Yuuki always has good dialogue in his battles.

Also, why the hell did they find it necessary to have Mashita monologue his past? It was neither relevant to the scenes, nor necessary. They waited half the damn series, so they could have waited another episode and then had someone else reveal the truth. GBF's writing has been great overall though, so I suppose it's one of very few mistakes.

Dat A Baoa Qu. Will the real final battle be staged on the arena of the final battle of the original series? Who is better at fencing, Reiji or Yuuki? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!
Old 2014-03-24, 16:54   Link #87
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Pretty awesome episode. The battle was intense, Dark Matter was quite the beast.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 17:59   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Is a bit too bad that Yuuki wasn't himself so we didn't really get a true rematch there. Suppose it's a way to leave Yuuki as this undefeatable goal while still letting the main characters win.

Suppose it just shows the caliber of criminal that Mashita is. Why bother trying to conquer the world and all that when you can just make a ton of money? Of course leading to a decently positive situation for people in allowing this gunpla situation to happen, though still occurring because of his criminal acts. I'd say he's in for it after getting pointed out by Yuuki as the guy who did all that to him. But really...probably not. Not like the Flana Institute or Nemesis seemingly has suffered any consequences with what they pulled with Aila after all.

At least they did something more in this episode than a generic Build Knuckle. I'll still say the first real fight before Yuuki and Reiji/Sei was the best one of the series followed by the Fellini fight, but can probably slot this in at #3.
Old 2014-03-24, 18:29   Link #89
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Still no Master Gundam from OP2.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 19:46   Link #90
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
I know of all of the points you stated and I don't have an issue with any of this, the fight was disappointing to me partly because of interferences and not going for the kill when Madshita had a chance. And that SBS 'won'.

My other gripe was double build knuckle, rather RG system. It was claimed to be a last resort and that it doesn't have a long operational time, not only does it use it twice, but on both hands and apparently has more power than it ever had when focusing on one fist. Also how it 'defeated' Exia's trans-am beam sabers, as bad as maoh's 'defeat'. One more thing I forgot to mention, the fact that SBS's right arm was stabbed and could attach itself and had no side effects.
- It was never stated to be a true last resort, the only reason they referred to it as such was that they could not afford to spam it from the very start, and as we saw, that eventually went down the drain prior to even the qualifying match vs Fellini
- The beam explanation is VERY simple, all the plavsky output in concentrated in to the arms and primarily the hands in the RG, as opposed to a beam saber/sword being entirely consisted of particles (no matter what series), as such when the two collide the beams particles is only making contact on one part of the blade, hence not all the particles are concentrated there as the particles are evenly distributed through the blade. As opposed to this, most of the RGs particles are contained in the small area of the fist, which can easily overcome the smaller amount of particles in the particular area of contact holding the blades shape, and once even a small area of the blades containment field is breached, everything goes as the particles can escape from there/the rest of the field gives way as well
Oops, so much for the short explanation, sorry xD

-The SBS SHOULDER was stabbed, watch again, also putting back is easily just slamming a ball joint back into a polycap, no biggie (remember it was ejected, not torn off)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
Axis already made an appearance in an earlier episode.
Not Axis dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Is it just me or is the chairman blowing things out of proportion?

I mean if he was just a "petty" thief then why would a prince even recognize him to begin with?
Perhaps they had a run in prior to his escape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I also dislike the fact that everyone was vilifying the Meijin even before the field change and the repetitive punches. That repetitive punches aside, which resembles the Fenice incident, the rest of the fight is something normal as far as I'm concerned.
They did not really villify him, they were more like "why is he fighting like this? Its completely out of character"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Still no Master Gundam from OP2.
Next episode for sure! Since everyones hopping into the battle I bet its Maoh's Sensei's gunpla!
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 19:53   Link #91
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm just hoping to all hell Master Chinran gets to kick ass.

...praying fervently for Takeshi, Chinran and Ral to show their stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Huh? Did I interacted with you before in this forum or it is some kind of reference for Gundam series?
2 Years ago you were mentioning in the SAO threads how Asuna was a mary sue and an anak emas (spoiled child). I thus wrote an essay that was IIRC 2-3 pages in length, in Malay, on my iPad, detailing how Asuna was not an anak emas.

Sadly since it was in Malay I got infractioned and it was deleted.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 19:56   Link #92
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Huh, so foreign language is not allowed here

Then again, 2-3 pages is not short
Old 2014-03-24, 20:28   Link #93
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

The occasional word or phrasing or sentence is ignored, but yeah, a full on post in malay? Tiada permisi.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 21:41   Link #94
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The SBS SHOULDER was stabbed, watch again, also putting back is easily just slamming a ball joint back into a polycap, no biggie (remember it was ejected, not torn off)
Just wanna add this in because I was wondering about this as well and had to rewatch a couple of times to realize why they ejected the arm: It was stuck to the wall from Dark Matter's cold sword. Sei had Reiji eject it not because it was out of commission, but because they needed to get out of their position quickly. Once Reiji pulled out the cold sword to use for himself, the arm naturally came off the wall as well. And once the battlefield changed to more open space, it naturally just floated into the middle of space. One reattachment later and we get the new SUPAR RG DOUBLE KNUCKLE!.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 22:26   Link #95
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

6:59. Dat Char kick!!!

That was seriously supposed to be Yuuki's win. Plot armor bent him over though. Well, his fate was sealed the moment they decided to forcibly take control of him. On his own, he'd probably have won the match, so by interfering, the chairman actually screwed himself over.

Also, I guess the chairman wasn't overreacting when he didn't want Reiji to recognize him. Considering the size of the Arista crystal he stole, he'd probably be imprisoned for life if he went home. "Hey! The villains are finally acting like villains. Bad time to start stepping up though."

That match was high octane, I was actually so into it that my mom was talking to me while I was watching it & I subconsciously ignored her until the "shonen power" kicked in. When that happened, I snapped out of it. Seriously though, why do most shonen have some cheesy friendship-based powerup?

While I loved this match, I was also very disappointed in it. Plot armor is really an expectation killer. We knew the MC was gonna win, so no matter how epic it was, you'll always have that unsatisfied feeling, especially if you were rooting for the guy that you knew was going to lose.

I found myself giggling in excitement when Dark Matter was just bashing on & overwhelmingly crushing the SBS, only to have that excitement crushed in one fell swoop by the RG. Seriously, "double" build knuckle ends it? Gayest last move ever...-_- Still, I enjoyed that match from beginning to end, even with all the damn interference. It was simply entertaining in every sense of the word.

RG is beyond hax, Trans-Am at maximum output gets out-muscled?

At least Amazing Exia/Dark Matter Exia lives up to its hype as the strongest gunpla ever built. It only lost to the SBS in terms of originality. The SBS featured systems that are original & not featured in any pre-existing series, while Exia basically took what exists & upgraded it. I noticed something though, the SBS is the only gunpla in the entire series to feature multiple systems that are original to it. Other contestants only used existing systems or modified the effects or based their new system on an existing one. That's being creative Sunrise.

I'm convinced though, Yuuki probably has the best control ability among the main cast followed by Reiji. (I'm specifically referring to characters whose ability has been showcased, I still don't know the extent of Takeshi's or any other legendary battler's abilities)

Episode gets a 8/10 from me because of the last few minutes of the battle. If we ignore those last few minutes, its perfect 10 worthy...lol
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-03-24 at 23:41. Reason: grammar
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 22:39   Link #96
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyron View Post
Just to spite the loud minority off

Spoiler for BWAHAHAHAHA!:

Can't wait for it to debut in a coming SRW game <3

Also, looking forward to next week!
Double build knuckle will for ever be a poor mans shinning and burning/god finger.

Sorry but you do use a special attack with out epic passion being displayed before said attack.

It is clear that build gundam is evil and is winning with the help of KYOJI !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXOCzB35kFY
Old 2014-03-24, 22:54   Link #97
Juke16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Double build knuckle will for ever be a poor mans shinning and burning/god finger.

Sorry but you do use a special attack with out epic passion being displayed before said attack.

It is clear that build gundam is evil and is winning with the help of KYOJI !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXOCzB35kFY
Did you say Kyoji?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqAq-VzRDo0
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 23:01   Link #98
kuroihikari2

So I'm wondering, what would've happened if Sei built Reiji a modded Shining/God?
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 23:34   Link #99
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Considering the crime I'm not surprised the chairman was so edgy about being caught. At the same time he interacted with Reiji with no reaction. No matter how big his crime it doesn't mean Reiji's ever seen a mugshot of the guy or even that anyone knows how he committed it. The fact that Reiji has said nothing about this strange effect of his world's technology being used on Earth probably means he's too stupid to ever actually figure it out .

Those gems from Reiji's country are pretty handy. Communication devices on top of everything else .

Certainly don't have issue with Sei getting thrown the best builder title. Regardless of the RG System Hax, it did outright solve all their problems through the tournament. The machine took care of business. Now Reiji being the best fighter....I'm less confident on that one. Really I think Yuuki when not mind controlled could still beat Reiji any day. Heck blinding attack aside I think Aila could beat Reiji. Reiji's piloting was a big deal early in the series but once the level of competition went up it was the power of Sei's tech that made the difference. Reiji was just good enough.

And good thing Takeshi is around....to complain about field changes. We have people getting mind controlled and tortured with experimental tech and that's the big concern .

Looking forward to the next episode. A good old teamup situation. Everyone gets to join in the action. I'm sure somehow it will be concluded with a build knuckle but oh well .

Wouldn't be surprised if all this ends up destroying the crystal and thus killing the gunpla industry until Reiji can convince his family to provide a new one.
Old 2014-03-24, 23:41   Link #100
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Looks like TRANS-AM is overrated here.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote