AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-22, 05:54   Link #501
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I'd also like to point out they called the Duck Hunt selection Duck Hunt. I don't think they'd straight up call them by their game series' title.
Though the picture is obviously fake, it needs to be pointed out that in the Japanese version the Ice Climbers are simply referred to as 'ICE CLIMBER'. So yeah, there is a precedent to just listing the name of the game as character name.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 14:13   Link #502
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Except their name could feasibly be Ice Climber. You can be an ice climber.

You can't be a "duck hunt". Duck hunter maybe, but not duck hunt.
Old 2014-08-22, 15:10   Link #503
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

Also, it'd still be written in hiragana, katakana, or kanji anyway. I bet they're translating the games to English only after everything else is done.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 05:56   Link #504
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Also, it'd still be written in hiragana, katakana, or kanji anyway. I bet they're translating the games to English only after everything else is done.
ICE CLIMBER was written in romaji (our writing system).

Quote:

Yeah, but the two Ice Climbers together couldn't be 'ICE CLIMBER' either. Not to mention 'Duck Hunt' can actually be correct in an obscure usage...

Quote:
hunt
[huhnt]
[...]
noun
[...]
14. a group of persons associated for the purpose of hunting; an association of hunters.
[...]
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 06:17   Link #505
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://www.nintendojo.com/news/alter...samus-revealed

http://www.nintendojo.com/wp-content...-samut-alt.jpg
Old 2014-08-23, 09:36   Link #506
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
ICE CLIMBER was written in romaji (our writing system).
So I guess, they could use Romaji, but still. I doubt everything would be in Romaji...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 10:01   Link #507
GDB

If Lucas is/was at risk of being cut due to the Mother franchise being nearly dead, I seriously doubt we'd get some random dog from half a game that's 30 years old. Don't get me wrong, I like Duck Hunt, but new franchises tend to be, well, current. You know, inclusions that will boost sales? Like, when Robin and Lucina (more so Robin, but Lucina was at the same time so can't differentiate who caused what) were announced, Fire Emblem Awakening sales shot up quite a sizable amount.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 11:01   Link #508
Blaat

The leak appears to be real there are some youtube footages with Bowser Jr. and Shulk.
Old 2014-08-25, 12:59   Link #509
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

If that footage is fake then that's the greatest fake leak I've ever seen. Part of me wants to believe it's real though. Also, they apparently mentioned Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Chorus Men and Snake will all be DLC characters, but I'd say that's more doubtful than the footage. I guess we'll see though.~

The leak was apparently from someone in the ESRB ratings board, or at least that's what people are inferencing from the uploader's name.
Old 2014-08-25, 13:14   Link #510
GDB

If they've mentioned DLC, then I'm calling bullshit on it immediately. How would they even have DLC information? That's not something that would be getting rated along with the game. Further, Sakurai has gone on record as saying he won't even consider DLC until he's done with the main game, which he obviously isn't yet.

Also, ESRB rates based on a DVD of gameplay, not an actual product. The videos show gameplay from what appeared to be a 2DS (or maybe 3DS, hard to tell).
Old 2014-08-25, 13:21   Link #511
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If they've mentioned DLC, then I'm calling bullshit on it immediately. How would they even have DLC information? That's not something that would be getting rated along with the game. Further, Sakurai has gone on record as saying he won't even consider DLC until he's done with the main game, which he obviously isn't yet.
there are 3 leaker only one said stuff about DLC. that said really hope its fake if Ganondorf is still a clone
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 14:27   Link #512
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
there are 3 leaker only one said stuff about DLC. that said really hope its fake if Ganondorf is still a clone
I think it is inevitable he'll be the same as before, unfortunately. I just really, really, hope they buff him a bit so that he isn't the worst fucking character in the game.
Old 2014-08-25, 15:57   Link #513
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
I think it is inevitable he'll be the same as before, unfortunately. I just really, really, hope they buff him a bit so that he isn't the worst fucking character in the game.
its such shame he could have a really cool unique move set,but all settle for him to be at least as good as PJ M(hope)
Old 2014-08-25, 16:02   Link #514
GDB

Best part is he still has the sword (per the videos) for his taunt, but they won't give it to him for his moveset. It's like they're taunting the fans more than the opponents.
Old 2014-08-25, 16:11   Link #515
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The leak appears to be real there are some youtube footages with Bowser Jr. and Shulk.
Not to mention that NOA has now tipped their hand by blocking the vidoes, further legitimating it.

Quote:

Also, ESRB rates based on a DVD of gameplay, not an actual product. The videos show gameplay from what appeared to be a 2DS (or maybe 3DS, hard to tell).
I'm more upset that "dye in the wool" clones like Dark Pit have gotten in while actual unique characters like Ice Climbers are regulated to DLC just to pad out the roster. It's so completely backwards its not even funny.

Quote:
Best part is he still has the sword (per the videos) for his taunt, but they won't give it to him for his moveset. It's like they're taunting the fans more than the opponents.
I think we should face the fact that Ganondorf will never be properly represented. He's CF fanboy for all eternity.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 16:27   Link #516
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Not to mention that NOA has now tipped their hand by blocking the vidoes, further legitimating it.
Not really. Any business would've done the same, regardless of it being legit or not. You either take it down for being an illegal leak, or you take it down for improperly representing your product. It really reveals nothing.

Quote:
I'm more upset that "dye in the wool" clones like Dark Pit have gotten in while actual unique characters like Ice Climbers are regulated to DLC just to pad out the roster. It's so completely backwards its not even funny.
There's no information (real information) on DLC yet, since they aren't even at that point. If Ice Climbers didn't make it in the initial cut, like it seems they haven't, I doubt they'd make it to DLC either unless Wii U and 3DS have different DLC. Clearly they'd have been cut due to technical limitations (though how that doesn't apply to Rosalina and Luna, I'm not sure).

For clones, they take like no time at all to make. They just pad the roster. They don't "steal" anyone's slot.

That said, Dark Pit is still stupid. Basically just Sakurai showing more favoritism towards Kid Icarus by giving Pit essentially a second set of moves/alternate stats for no apparent reason. At least Lucina is a completely different character from Marth, and Dr. Mario is at least technically a veteran. Dark Pit is just a recolor of Pit (even if in the actual game he's different, from an outside perspective he's just a recolor).

The one that makes me upset is Duck Hunt Dog. I get he's supposed to be the "retro" character now, in the same vein as Game and Watch and ROB, but still. He just feels like an asinine character to put in the game. He's literally a dog, with ducks. At least any previous animal was either super powered (Pokemon) or anthropomorphized (Star Fox).
Old 2014-08-25, 16:33   Link #517
Princess Angels
Ur # 1 Girl

I'm A DRAGONBALL SERIES FAN!
Old 2014-08-25, 16:34   Link #518
Hachitora

Quote:
The one that makes me upset is Duck Hunt Dog. I get he's supposed to be the "retro" character now, in the same vein as Game and Watch and ROB, but still. He just feels like an asinine character to put in the game. He's literally a dog, with ducks. At least any previous animal was either super powered (Pokemon) or anthropomorphized (Star Fox).
I completely agree. If there's one thing about the leak that upsets me, it's the fact that Duck Hunt Dog is in it. I can't imagine there being too many interesting ideas for a moveset. He isn't really that much of a character, much like G&W and ROB (who I also didn't like much).
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 16:35   Link #519
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namida Takahashi View Post
I'm A DRAGONBALL SERIES FAN!
i think your in the wrong place

on topic: it seem Nintendo has issued copyright claims on the videos, petty much make it clear there legit

Last edited by Guy Incognito; 2014-08-25 at 16:50.
Old 2014-08-25, 16:54   Link #520
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachitora View Post
I completely agree. If there's one thing about the leak that upsets me, it's the fact that Duck Hunt Dog is in it. I can't imagine there being too many interesting ideas for a moveset. He isn't really that much of a character, much like G&W and ROB (who I also didn't like much).
It's not even about moveset, since Sakurai has proven he can make anyone work. It's just the feel of it. It's an actual dog. With ducks. But still an actual dog. I was hoping Pac-Man would take the retro slot this time, but seems not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
on topic: it seem Nintendo has issued copyright claims on the videos, petty much make it clear there legit
Quoting myself again, because it proves nothing:

Quote:
Not really. Any business would've done the same, regardless of it being legit or not. You either take it down for being an illegal leak, or you take it down for improperly representing your product. It really reveals nothing.
Also, anyone can file the claim under Nintendo's name. Nintendo doesn't have to be the ones to actually do it. Imagine if they were actually fake, and they filed their own claim about 6 hours after they went up to try and make them seem more legitimate.

While I'm still about 97% sure they're real, it's still plausible that they're fake.

Tags
super smash bros. 3ds