AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-05-27, 08:45   Link #701
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
where's episode 162!!!?
[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 162 Discussion is now open...

Sorry about the lateness, I was traveling last night/this morning...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 09:09   Link #702
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 162 Discussion is now open...

Sorry about the lateness, I was traveling last night/this morning...
Thank you
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 20:08   Link #703
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
This isn't exactly a request for a new thread, but I think it would be a good thing to erase the manga tag of the The Paths of Pain-thread, once the fight is done in the anime, so that everyone can discuss the Rin'negan, which we still know very little about.
Old 2010-07-08, 07:46   Link #704
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2010-07-08, 08:23   Link #705
james0246

^Just use the Kushina thread. Otherwise, there's not much point to a thread dedicated to a group that probably will not return...Sorry...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-07-08 at 09:59.
Old 2010-07-29, 22:33   Link #706
Suomi
Kaiba

Do we have an official Kakashi discussion thread?
Old 2010-07-29, 22:39   Link #707
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn to Believe View Post
Do we have an official Kakashi discussion thread?
No, but there are plenty of Kakashi threads, so one "official" thread is a bit pointless (especially 11 years in to the series).
Old 2010-07-30, 10:32   Link #708
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
No, but there are plenty of Kakashi threads, so one "official" thread is a bit pointless (especially 11 years in to the series).
okay. thanks.
Old 2010-08-05, 23:50   Link #709
Yuutsu

I did some searching around using terms such as "strength" and "rank" and I don't believe I have found a thread that already exists for what I want to discuss.

As a result, I would like to request a new thread where users can contribute to a chart that attempts to rank all characters that have appeared in Naruto in terms of power by both rank and tier.

What I'm thinking is a simple chart that looks like this:

Tier 1:

"SSS" -

Name:

Yondaime (this is for example purposes, only)

"SS" -

Name:

"S" -

Name:

------------------------------ (above this line is "kage" level)

Tier 2:

"A+" -

Name:

"A" -

Name:

"A-" -

Name:

------------------------------ (above this line is "jounin" level)

etc... all the way until perhaps D (meaning that Tier 1 ---> Kage or greater, Tier 2 ---> Between Jounin and Kage, Tier 5 ---> Below Genin).

Ideally, with every new post, one new character is added (and his/her name is bolded in that particular post to indicate a new entry) to a copy-and-pasted chart with, perhaps, a few lines justifying why they (the poster) believe the placement is correct. Moreover, if a user believes one character is placed wrongly, he or she could perhaps bold and italicize it in addition to writing a few lines explaining why he/she believed the placement is incorrect.

However, within each "rank" (such as SSS), I would like for the characters to be arranged alphabetically. I would like to avoid discussions where people argue the strengths of one particular character vs. another character (within the same rank, that is) because such arguments tend to get nasty really quickly. By keeping the rankings more general, I hope that the thread will promote fun debates as opposed to personal attacks that detract from the thread.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 00:14   Link #710
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
I did some searching around using terms such as "strength" and "rank" and I don't believe I have found a thread that already exists for what I want to discuss.
[snip for space].
Hmm, two quick points to explain why I am reluctant to start such a thread (though I do believe it has merit):

1) there are at least 2 threads I found that could be re-written: [Manga] ranking in akatsuki can be used for, you guessed it, ranking all the members of Akatsuki (which could include Sasuke and Team Hawk as well as Madara); and, more specifically, The Ranking of the Strongest Four [Manga] can easily be rewritten to include everything you've described (i.e. take the limit off and rank everyone).

2) Such threads are dangerously close to "versus" discussion (why is character X Rank Y instead of rank Z and how does this compare to Character W?, etc), and such discussion threads are not allowed to be created anymore.

So, I'm going to pass for right now, but I strongly encourage you to present your case to an actual Moderator (I may be able to start a thread for you, but I have nowhere near the power/ability/fertility of an actual moderator). So, please PM one of the mods (generally Hunter or Monir since they are the most active on this sub-thread, but Bun is also a good choice and Pellissier, Relentless, and Xris are more than happy to help (maybe happy isn't the right word...) as are the others when they have the time). If a mod gives the go ahead, then I, or they, will glad make the thread (if they make it, then your name will be listed in the OP, otherwise my name will be listed if I make the thread).
Old 2010-08-06, 15:56   Link #711
Yuutsu

james0246, I think you're right that such a topic could quickly degenerate into a "versus" discussion, as you put it. I saw a similar thread being created for One Piece in another forum, and the discussions were actually pretty on-topic and generally amicable. People seemed to be more willing to reach a compromise and debate it out without name-calling or what-have-you when they're favourite character doesn't make the cut for a certain rank rather than being placed beneath a certain character (because ranks are a little more general and include a range of power).

However, this particular thread was possibly the only thread I've ever seen where such a discussion didn't quickly evolve into a thread where people were simply just bashing each other.

As a result, I'm going to agree with you and withhold any request for such a thread for now. : )
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 07:04   Link #712
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
sharingan vs rinnegan?
We do not do versus thread anymore in this forum. I know there are several threads already on Sharingan. But unless you can come up with a better format then a simple versus thread, this wont be made into a thread.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 11:35   Link #713
Suomi
Kaiba

I probably should've been more clear. >.<

Where would be the best place to converse about the powers of the rinnegan and how they might relate in terms of ocular powers.
Old 2010-08-21, 11:41   Link #714
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I probably should've been more clear. >.<

Where would be the best place to converse about the powers of the rinnegan and how they might relate in terms of ocular powers.
Well I think that this can be discussed in this thread, but a mod might not agree with me .
Old 2010-08-21, 11:41   Link #715
james0246

The Byakugan vs. Sharingan thread has been, more or less, converted to the Doujutsu Discussion thread by now, so you can go there to talk about the Rinnegan...
Old 2010-08-21, 12:26   Link #716
herculan

Discussion about Sasukes EMS power up.
What power will it be.
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 12:36   Link #717
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
The Byakugan vs. Sharingan thread has been, more or less, converted to the Doujutsu Discussion thread by now, so you can go there to talk about the Rinnegan...
Should the thread be renamed then?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-08-21, 12:37   Link #718
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculan View Post
Discussion about Sasukes EMS power up.
What power will it be.
This thread is old but i think it can be used to discus such things. I hope it's what you wanted...

[Manga] Theory on the Sharingan Evolution
Old 2010-08-21, 12:58   Link #719
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Should the thread be renamed then?
Hunter has been more than content to keep the thread name the same after over 2 years (since the Rinnegan first appeared), so I wouldn't dare make such a decision without his consent...plus, I'm reluctant to rename a thread that has been around since near the inception of this forum - it has attained historical value .
Old 2010-08-22, 10:49   Link #720
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Hunter has been more than content to keep the thread name the same after over 2 years (since the Rinnegan first appeared), so I wouldn't dare make such a decision without his consent...plus, I'm reluctant to rename a thread that has been around since near the inception of this forum - it has attained historical value .
I dare not feel the wrath of Hunter's spoon so Im perfectly content leaving it how it is
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Tags
request, requests