Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 20:58   Link #2061
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
In the realm of crazy speculations I was wondering if Kallen's father could play a role in her possibly giving up the Black Knights. I thought maybe he could say he made a big mistake with her mother and when she comes around, they could be one big happy family provided she quit the Black Knights and just help/stay with Nunnally. Not anything I'd like to see, but I wonder if they could go a similar route.
Invalidates two of her other reasons for fighting:
  • Her brother was lost, she is going to see it through the end that he did not die in vain.
  • She promised Lelouch.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 20:59   Link #2062
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
In the realm of crazy speculations I was wondering if Kallen's father could play a role in her possibly giving up the Black Knights. I thought maybe he could say he made a big mistake with her mother and when she comes around, they could be one big happy family provided she quit the Black Knights and just help/stay with Nunnally. Not anything I'd like to see, but I wonder if they could go a similar route.
That's one quite crazy speculation... but if her father hasn't come around for Kallen nor Kallen's mother for all these years, I don't see why he suddently would now, honestly . I do think it's possible that she might find out that her father isn't as bad as she originally thought though, but whether that'd be enough to make her leave the OotBK or not remains to be seen... The possiiblity of even that is rather small though
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 21:30   Link #2063
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I thought we had put the father speculation and mind wipe speculation behind us, don't tell me it's still around? She's in Nunnally's care and while I would like to see her back with Lelouch, this is ok for now.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 21:33   Link #2064
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
I thought we had put the father speculation and mind wipe speculation behind us, don't tell me it's still around?
Well, for now the later seems to be a dead (or half-dead) horse, but we can't say the same thign about her father yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
She's in Nunnally's care and while I would like to see her back with Lelouch, this is ok for now.
Fully agreed.
Old 2008-07-02, 21:33   Link #2065
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
That's one quite crazy speculation... but if her father hasn't come around for Kallen nor Kallen's mother for all these years, I don't see why he suddently would now, honestly . I do think it's possible that she might find out that her father isn't as bad as she originally thought though, but whether that'd be enough to make her leave the OotBK or not remains to be seen... The possiiblity of even that is rather small though
Did she say she hated her father? I thought she just had a problem with Britannians in general. I can imagine her dad trying to do something for her I guess, he did keep her as his daughter even though she was of mixed blood, and we know how Britannians view Numbers in general.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 21:35   Link #2066
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Did she say she hated her father? I thought she just had a problem with Britannians in general. I can imagine her dad trying to do something for her I guess, he did keep her as his daughter even though she was of mixed blood, and we know how Britannians view Numbers in general.
Hnn... True enough that she never said she outright hated her father or anytihng, but I can't see her being happy with how he abandoned her mother either.
Old 2008-07-02, 21:41   Link #2067
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Hnn... True enough that she never said she outright hated her father or anytihng, but I can't see her being happy with how he abandoned her mother either.
True enough, but there really wasn't much he could do for her. He had a wife already and if he were to take Kallen's mom into the family as well it may not work out well for him. I mean Kallen had to keep her mixed blood a secret, I suspect he left her in Area 11 despite the Stadtfeld being a family of high standing is to keep her away from prying eyes and closer to her real mother. Otherwise why would he leave a daughter he would go to so much trouble for in an Area away from him.
Old 2008-07-02, 21:42   Link #2068
Var
Banned

Quote:
True enough, but there really wasn't much he could do for her. He had a wife already and if he were to take Kallen's mom into the family as well it may not work out well for him. I mean Kallen had to keep her mixed blood a secret, I suspect he left her in Area 11 despite the Stadtfeld being a family of high standing is to keep her away from prying eyes and closer to her real mother. Otherwise why would he leave a daughter he would go to so much trouble for in an Area away from him.
Likely, I think he likely also hired her mother to be their maid.

Now... when will it be revealed that he is the KoO >.>
Old 2008-07-02, 21:47   Link #2069
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Possibly - it might hint at that he's a better man than most suspect him to be. But we'll see. Still, his doings could also be interpreted as cowardice - instead of taking the bull by the horns, he choose to avoid it...

Anyway, it'd for sure take quite a bit to persaude Kallen to turn away from her current path. If we look at it, these are Kallen's reasons for fightning:
- Her brother. Her brother died fightning against Britannia, so she wants to see to that his death wasn't in vain. Fulfilling his dream, sorta.
- Her mother. Though she at first doesn't seem to care too much about her mother we learn that she is actually very fond of her and wants a better life for her than her current one.
- The people of Japan. She has seen first-hand the contempt with which Britannia treats the japanese and what harsh lifes people live under their rule and she wants to put an end tot hat
- Her loyality to Zero and friendship with Lelouch.

I suppose her father might have a talk with her or something that'll make her doubt herself - as far as her own beliefs or reasons for fightning goes - but that could really go either way, though as I said, I don't see her being swayed easily...
Old 2008-07-02, 21:47   Link #2070
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Likely, I think he likely also hired her mother to be their maid.

Now... when will it be revealed that he is the KoO >.>
Your avatar is Kallen's father? I'll go
Old 2008-07-02, 21:49   Link #2071
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Your avatar is Kallen's father? I'll go
Same eye color, similar hair style, excellent pilots, pulling shit out my ass, and because I'm right.
Old 2008-07-02, 21:51   Link #2072
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Same eye color, similar hair style, excellent pilots, pulling shit out my ass, and because I'm right.
He seems like a "pimp' so there could be a chance..
Old 2008-07-02, 21:53   Link #2073
Var
Banned

Quote:
He seems like a "pimp' so there could be a chance..
He actually looks quite soft-spoken and level headed. He looks like exactly what one would expect from the KoO.

His last name being different isn't even all that big of a problem. If he is trying to keep his daughter a secret, he may very well live under an alias while on the mainland.
Old 2008-07-02, 21:55   Link #2074
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
He actually looks quite soft-spoken and level headed. He looks like exactly what one would expect from the KoO.
I was joking of course..
Old 2008-07-02, 21:55   Link #2075
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The KoO having a double life: Man, he must be able to cover it well, or Charles is just so confident of himself that he sees nothing wrong with appointing such a man.
Old 2008-07-02, 21:56   Link #2076
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Possibly - it might hint at that he's a better man than most suspect him to be. But we'll see. Still, his doings could also be interpreted as cowardice - instead of taking the bull by the horns, he choose to avoid it...

Anyway, it'd for sure take quite a bit to persaude Kallen to turn away from her current path. If we look at it, these are Kallen's reasons for fightning:
- Her brother. Her brother died fightning against Britannia, so she wants to see to that his death wasn't in vain. Fulfilling his dream, sorta.
- Her mother. Though she at first doesn't seem to care too much about her mother we learn that she is actually very fond of her and wants a better life for her than her current one.
- The people of Japan. She has seen first-hand the contempt with which Britannia treats the japanese and what harsh lifes people live under their rule and she wants to put an end tot hat
- Her loyality to Zero and friendship with Lelouch.

I suppose her father might have a talk with her or something that'll make her doubt herself - as far as her own beliefs or reasons for fightning goes - but that could really go either way, though as I said, I don't see her being swayed easily...
I doubt there would be much doubting on her part, and I agree, there is little reason for Kallen to turn from her current path. Although I do expect her to have a more positive attitude about her Britannian side. Not to the extent of doubting her reason for fighting but enough to not completely deny that side of her.
Old 2008-07-02, 21:56   Link #2077
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
He looks like exactly what one would expect from the KoO.
Really? Than how do you explain Gino and Anya?

Quote:
His last name being different isn't even all that big of a problem. If he is trying to keep his daughter a secret, he may very well live under an alias while on the mainland.
I don't know, I think that is stretching it a bit. The possibility seems distant IMO.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 21:56   Link #2078
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The KoO having a double life: Man, he must be able to cover it well, or Charles is just so confident of himself that he sees nothing wrong with appointing such a man.
Not a double life, just an alias while on the mainland. A man in his position can hardly afford to have a family as it would be a severe weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Really? Than how do you explain Gino and Anya?

I don't know, I think that is stretching it a bit. The possibility seems distant IMO.
Well, I did say KoO not KoR.

See above for part two.
Old 2008-07-02, 21:58   Link #2079
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Not a double life, just an alias while on the mainland. A man in his position can hardly afford to have a family as it would be a severe weakness.
Hmm, true enough...

So then, we'd have an upcoming father versus daughter-fight? The Guren against.. Well, whatever his KMF is called
Old 2008-07-02, 21:59   Link #2080
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

Wait.. So in front of the Emperor, he's the KoO, then back at home, he's the head of a family (with companies/other sources of influence) who has no idea that he's a KoO? I can live with that.