AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-11, 08:52   Link #12821
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I'm kind of surprised at Mark Space's sorcery name, doesn't seem to fit him. I thought he was more of a peaceful guy. Birdway's on the other hand, fits her just fine.
I wonder what kind of magic Mark do. His name reminds me of air space hammer plus his magicians name reminds me of gilgamesh or his name which is space and the gate of babylon is a distort of space behind his box. An opening of the kings treasury. I wish he won't start spamming weapons at you.
Old 2011-08-11, 08:58   Link #12822
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's not that farfetched, although he'd look like someone straight from the Nasuverse if that would happen.

Also, I just browsed through the Index Wiki and it brought me to Volume 02, which is interesting in more ways than one.

> The manuscript of Volume 2 only took 17 days to make, thanks to Kazuma Miki's orders.
> Kamachi wrote the Volume 2 with the idea of the BAD END. Aureolus Izzard is supposed to symbolize what would happen if Kamijou Touma failed to save Index, while Himegami Aisa is the secondary main character that never was, never could and never will be. (That is, Aisa sinking into the background is all Kamachi's plan.)

I never thought Aurelous to be compared to Touma, actually.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-08-11, 09:03   Link #12823
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wonder what kind of magic Mark do. His name reminds me of air space hammer plus his magicians name reminds me of gilgamesh or his name which is space and the gate of babylon is a distort of space behind his box. An opening of the kings treasury. I wish he won't start spamming weapons at you.
We already found out about Mark's magic in one of the SS's, Stiyl SS I believe? He uses tarot card magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
That's not that farfetched, although he'd look like someone straight from the Nasuverse if that would happen.

Also, I just browsed through the Index Wiki and it brought me to Volume 02, which is interesting in more ways than one.

> The manuscript of Volume 2 only took 17 days to make, thanks to Kazuma Miki's orders.
> Kamachi wrote the Volume 2 with the idea of the BAD END. Aureolus Izzard is supposed to symbolize what would happen if Kamijou Touma failed to save Index, while Himegami Aisa is the secondary main character that never was, never could and never will be. (That is, Aisa sinking into the background is all Kamachi's plan.)

I didn't really see the Aurelous thing, but in hindsight it makes sense, though I can't imagine Touma doing anything like what Aurelous did.

As for Himegami, she became even mmore like Sacchin, huh? Poor, poor soul...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-08-11, 09:05   Link #12824
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Like Curtana Original?
Old 2011-08-11, 09:06   Link #12825
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
During his Side Story, he's been shown to use Thoth Tarot cards to use wind magic by utilizing the minor sword cards, which are said to represent air.

Quote:

I've heard of this before a long time ago- Like you I was initially surprised, but it does sort of make sense.
Old 2011-08-11, 09:27   Link #12826
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Alright people, I've got my hands on more spoilers from Chinese forums.

I make no claim on how accurate all this is, so bear with me:

Spoiler for stuff:
Thanks for the new information. Can't wait to be able to read this. Can't wait to see Mikoto's reactions when Touma stumbles up to her drunk. I also look forward to seeing Mikoto playing a bigger role in the next volume.
I'm curious about this 'CRIMSON' group. I wonder what kind of magic they will use.

Since they are going to Hawaii, should we expect an obligatory swimsuit scene?
Old 2011-08-11, 09:38   Link #12827
tsunade666

Quote:
We already found out about Mark's magic in one of the SS's, Stiyl SS I believe? He uses tarot card magic.
Which reminds me that Styl SS raw is already out and if someone want it.
pm me or you go to your nearest trusted raw site
Go find it
Old 2011-08-11, 09:57   Link #12828
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I've been wondering if there is such a CRIMSON introduced in the volume, because we have encountered colors before in the Toradora vs. Index Story; that one consists of the Dark-banishing Dawn, which specializes in manipulating the "colors of nature". I wonder if the Dark-banishing Dawn is also a sub-group of the Golden Dawn.
Maybe those groups could be related to each other, by the way if Necessarius was unable to conclude if the fortress was from science or magic when in fact it could be both sides like the organization which Sherry used to belong, I wouldn't be surprised if Ellis isn't death at all , btw, it seems CRIMSON is working for someone else and they have Norse magic as their style.
Old 2011-08-11, 10:07   Link #12829
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post

Since they are going to Hawaii, should we expect an obligatory swimsuit scene?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But who cares about swimsuits?! More importantly... You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT have a Hawaii arc without Tsuchimikado rocking it out in his Hawaiian shirt !

Spoiler for Shit just got real:
Old 2011-08-11, 10:19   Link #12830
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
-1st off, Shiage, Accel and Touma exchanged cellphone numbers
Spoiler for Accel's reaction when got Touma's number:

Quote:
New Information from NT2:

> Mark Space's Sorcery Name is Armare091. [Armare means "to take arms".]
> Likewise, Leivinia Birdway's Sorcery Name is Regnum771. [Regnum means "royalty".]
Regnum means also "Kingdom" and her magic phrase seems to be "In order to study the charismatic domination", btw, it needs a better translation.

Was by chance Mark's phrase been revealed?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-08-11 at 10:38.
Old 2011-08-11, 10:42   Link #12831
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But who cares about swimsuits?! More importantly... You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT have a Hawaii arc without Tsuchimikado rocking it out in his Hawaiian shirt !

Spoiler for Shit just got real:
If this was true, then Kamachi did some epic foreshadowing
Cant wait for NT 3, but man is the author going to take a long time to make this novel and it has better be longer then 2, if he need help making a new story arc, he should listen to we the reader, and tell him what new villains to put in

I mean that would be awesome
Old 2011-08-11, 10:57   Link #12832
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

You can't expect a new story to get better right away. Man shows and mangas have gone through that not so good 2nd part. For example The Breaker New Waves.
Old 2011-08-11, 11:04   Link #12833
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

One of the spoilers says that touma and mikoto's mothers enter academy city. I wonder if they are there to tell them about a joint family vacation to Hawaii. I can just see it.

Misaka get's excited 'yay a trip to Hawaii together, we could use the break!'

Touma gets dejected 'aaah fuko da.' Facepalm, 'No Misaka san this is how it starts. Just get ready to fight and don't think too much of it if we, or more like I, get dropped into the Pacific.'
Old 2011-08-11, 11:05   Link #12834
Miraluka
Banned

NT is supposed to be a new beginning so things will start to flow at a slow pace.
Old 2011-08-11, 11:25   Link #12835
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Nice to see you up-to-date
I've been reading mainly Itsuten, Boku-tomo, HnA , Shinigami no Ballad and playing eroge....

I haven't touched Index since like......NT 1

Quote:
So I finally got around to reading Chapter 6 of Railgun SS2, and this was mentioned before in Railgun SS1, but doesn't Kamachi have some really odd ideas about foreign countries and guns?

I mean, seriously,

And this

Really, what does he think guns are?!!
Must be watching FPS Russia....

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
BTW Carissa is the best girl.
Carissa's moe bait...seriously.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-08-11 at 11:38.
Old 2011-08-11, 11:29   Link #12836
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
You don't know that, Fiamma's holy right has limits, otherwise he wouldn't have to do all this mess in the first place. He could protect himself, but he doesn't 'turn it all to zero'.
Not for the guy who can strike without taking physics into account.

Although he may just let everything airburst to fuel his Holy Right deliberately
Old 2011-08-11, 11:45   Link #12837
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

Carissa's moe bait...seriously.
Carissa is ......... moe?

Spoiler for galactic laughter:
Old 2011-08-11, 11:49   Link #12838
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I've been wondering if there is such a CRIMSON introduced in the volume, because we have encountered colors before in the Toradora vs. Index Story; that one consists of the Dark-banishing Dawn, which specializes in manipulating the "colors of nature". I wonder if the Dark-banishing Dawn is also a sub-group of the Golden Dawn.
........Whut
Old 2011-08-11, 11:52   Link #12839
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Carissa is ......... moe?

Spoiler for galactic laughter:
What....you don't find her helplessly fighting on to sacrifice herself and her bloodline for the UK when she thought she was utterly alone sweet? When she spared the Knights of England when she could have just murdered them? It's like damn....I was actually silently egging Knight Leader to go rush up to her and hold her after the battle...

then again...I love dark, broken girls as evidenced by my avatar so....
Old 2011-08-11, 11:56   Link #12840
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
What....you don't find her helplessly fighting on to sacrifice herself and her bloodline for the UK when she thought she was utterly alone sweet? When she spared the Knights of England when she could have just murdered them? It's like damn....I was actually silently egging Knight Leader to go rush up to her and hold her after the battle...
... that's not moe.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen