AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-09, 13:07   Link #2201
citrinitas668
aka Good Haro
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
There's a new version of ONScripter that fixes a bug found on some Macs. Get it here and replace the old ONScripter with it.

This new version will be included with the next patch release.
Thank you, that did the trick.
citrinitas668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 13:10   Link #2202
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
This new version will be included with the next patch release.
Speaking of which, how's the reworking of the patch going?
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 13:28   Link #2203
chronotrig

We hope to have at least EP1 re-edited and released before EP5 comes out at Comiket, both for the demo and the EP4 version of the game.

This has been the most massive overhaul of a previous episode that we've ever embarked upon, so it might be worth re-reading it before or after reading EP5.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 17:32   Link #2204
Ushiromiya Battler

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this or not, but you guys' Mediafire link to the translation patch for Ep4 says it's been removed for a terms of use violation.
Ushiromiya Battler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 18:46   Link #2205
Leinne
Who... am I?

HI I think this is the correct thread for this. I need some japanese writing for umineko beacuse I-m not sure how certain phrases are written:

Devil's proof
Closed room (about murder)
Turn the chessboard over

If anyone is kind enough, thanks

PS if anyone knows another hard to translate one that's used frequently in the novel, I'll be thankful if it was also posted
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 19:01   Link #2206
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Devil's proof: 悪魔の証明

Closed room: 密室

Turn the chessboard over: チェス盤をひっくり返す

I don't know what other ways are there to translate them, but if someone is going to answer can I add one more thing? I'm puzzled at that "boku datte" said by Kanon in ep1. It was translated as "even I" both in the novel and in the manga. I guess it is very hard to give a proper translation since it's a little fragment of a sentence and could mean many things, but I want a confirmation if the following meanings are possible: "because it is me", "even if it is me", "because of me". thanx

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 09:00   Link #2207
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Is there an RSS feed or a mailing list for the patch? I'm considering avoiding Umineko related sites from the release of ep. 5 until the patch is done.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 09:55   Link #2208
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Is there an RSS feed or a mailing list for the patch? I'm considering avoiding Umineko related sites from the release of ep. 5 until the patch is done.
You can always check witch-hunt.com for updates on the patch or just come to this thread.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 10:28   Link #2209
tcaz2

An RSS feed would be nice though, I tend to go crazy checking Witch Hunt's site every few hours even if I know it's not possible for there to be an update yet (just was an update or something).
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 15:01   Link #2210
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Would you guys like a Witch-Hunt twitter, maybe?

That's certainly easy to set up.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 05:16   Link #2211
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Just posting to throw in another vote for a Witch Hunt twitter ;D .
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 10:57   Link #2212
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Or at least update the Rokkenjima stage and finish posting all the notes for Episode 4 (no offense meant, guys)

Last edited by Hareoic; 2009-08-12 at 11:09.
Hareoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 11:33   Link #2213
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

This is a public notice and the disclaimer in English, regarding Furude Project's Turkish Patch of Umineko no Naku Koro ni, which uses script codes and translations of Witch-Hunt.

Spoiler for Quote from our Readme file, regarding legal stuff. Boring stuff that noone is interested.:

We as Furude Project would also like to publicly thank chrono & klash for their patience while responding our endless questions about translation, scripting and so on.

We're glad to inform that thanks to Witch-Hunt, we have been able finish a Teaser of Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Demo, Turkish Patch. After our Beta Testers approval, it will be available for the Turkish community (they're a bunch of nice people, really ^^) to obtain.
It only contains Prologo and Chapter 1, but this is a big step for us. It means this is doable.

As far as I know, there are 4 groups using Witch-Hunt's translations. I don't know any of their condition right now, but I'd like to say it's definetaly doable. I wish all the other 3 groups best of luck! [And if any of them managed to create a diffrent script engine, or use any other than Onscripter - please contact me]

I also wish great luck to Witch-Hunt; about the incoming Episode. Keep up the good work ^^

Skullchukka from Furude Project
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 11:35   Link #2214
Volcanic
fire of fires

A Turkish Translation! Congrats guys, and best of luck!
Volcanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 12:44   Link #2215
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
An RSS feed would be nice though, I tend to go crazy checking Witch Hunt's site every few hours even if I know it's not possible for there to be an update yet (just was an update or something).
We aren't planning to create an RSS feed or twitter in the immediate future, but we might do so eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
Or at least update the Rokkenjima stage and finish posting all the notes for Episode 4 (no offense meant, guys)
In due time. To be honest, we are rather busy with the update of Ep4 and the demo.

I again had to remove a lot of offtopic. Please leave your private jokes and the like in PM, VM and the likes, but not in such kind of thread.
Old 2009-08-12, 17:28   Link #2216
Keriaku
Thought Being

Just curious, but are all other changes going to be put on basically immediate hold when EP5 drops?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 11:07   Link #2217
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I wish all the other 3 groups best of luck! [And if any of them managed to create a diffrent script engine, or use any other than Onscripter - please contact me]
4 different translations groups? which languages are the other three?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 12:33   Link #2218
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
4 different translations groups? which languages are the other three?
French, Spanish and Brazilian
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 15:52   Link #2219
Leinne
Who... am I?

Ok the Spanish group is called 07thdrill and their direction is http://07thdrill.blogspot.com/. As they say they plan to release full games, but it's good for those who are spanish speakers and get a bit tired of reading english (though I don't mind, I rarely see something spanish subbed or translated)
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 23:25   Link #2220
Rias

While this is not a translation of the game, I've started translating the speculation page on the umineco wiki page. I'm hoping this can serve as a good database for people to see what kind of theories (that are more popular on 2ch than others) are out there.

The document is still in work, and I'm planning to get it done before ep5 comes out:
http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcqczgpv_4ccmhmwdp

The original document is here:
http://umineco.info/?真偽不明の解答考察
or
http://umineco.info/?%E7%9C%9F%E5%81...80%83%E5%AF%9F

EDIT: Although I planned to get this done before ep5, I will probably be absent from this board from now until I finish reading ep5...which might take a week or two I will still try to update it as much as possible.

Last edited by Rias; 2009-08-14 at 15:17.
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation