AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-04, 11:23   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's a shame we won't see the return of the one and only Kenichi Kasai for the finale, though i find that Kon Chiaki did a great job with Paris Hen in the short amount of episodes the series had. I still say that was the biggest downfall of the series, though Kon did a good job in my books of adapting the material needed to continue the story.

I've no idea how much manga material is left to adapt for the finale (i stopped reading the manga a while back, and plan to carry on one the third series as finished), though i do hope a short amount of episodes won't be the down fall again.
Old 2010-01-04, 14:24   Link #62
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Still Kon Chiaki is it? That means I'm just about ready to write this third season off, too.
The manga material for Paris was not as good as the manga material for the first season, also it didn't help they had to rush it due to Noitamina only giving them 11 episodes. The first Nodame is more than likely going to be the last show to get more than one cour on Noitamina.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 15:37   Link #63
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Even if there is only 11-13 episodes for the last seasons, I hope they go for the Neigma or Tsubasa method of releasing OVAs. It seems to work reasonbly well for mainstream series to release OVAs with mangas. Since there's a spin off series, so more volumes should be released.
Old 2010-01-14, 20:10   Link #64
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The raw is up on streaming sites, but my daughter said it would spoil me to see it without subs so we're holding off. Can't be long now, though.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 01:13   Link #65
Ansalem
Speaker

Nodame has returned!

Spoiler for Episode 1:

ムキャー!
Old 2010-01-15, 05:42   Link #66
blewin

ohhh... an ending season. Didn't get wind of this at all! Now I can await the sub with full anticipation.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 07:33   Link #67
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

It is HERE!!!
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 13:35   Link #68
Asleep

I put off reading the manga to see this, I hope it is good but at least(hopefully) I won't hate it

raws are out now to wait for subs... who is subbing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We'll probably get the manga ending.
I heard that
Spoiler for just in case:
I don't know how much true it is. But I think J.C.Staff wouldn't mind changing a few things...
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 14:59   Link #69
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I heard that
Spoiler for just in case:
I don't know how much true it is. But I think J.C.Staff wouldn't mind changing a few things...
It was a bit rushed, but other than that, it was a good ending.

Looking forward to this new season!!

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2010-01-16 at 16:35.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 11:00   Link #70
Somnus
Eh?

My god...I love this show. I can't say how happy I am that it's back.

Regarding the ep, I liked it...some parts felt rushed (but they packed a lot into one ep), but my love for the show tends to overlook most (if not all) things. Good laughs, good music, and great characters return...can't wait for more.

P.S. Speaking of great characters returning, judging by the OP Mine and Kiyora finally make another appearance. Can't wait, those two were/are awesome.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 11:03   Link #71
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

New opening is awesome. J.C Staff have been making good openings for the last few years.

Quote:
I don't know how much true it is.
The manga...just kinda stops (considering the health of them mangaka, it's not surprising). I don't mind them for making a more fleshed out ending. Wikipedia is listing this ending by spring (I know it's not the most reliable source). We're definitely not getting more then 12 episodes (most likely 11 episodes). It makes me wonder what can they animate with such low episode count. I'm expecting a rushed ending again.

I think I'll just go and wait for the live action movies . But I think the movies have the rush the ending as well.
Old 2010-01-16, 13:02   Link #72
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What a fantastic first episode.
Spoiler for Episode 01:
Old 2010-01-16, 14:06   Link #73
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
The manga...just kinda stops (considering the health of them mangaka, it's not surprising). I don't mind them for making a more fleshed out ending. Wikipedia is listing this ending by spring (I know it's not the most reliable source). We're definitely not getting more then 12 episodes (most likely 11 episodes). It makes me wonder what can they animate with such low episode count. I'm expecting a rushed ending again.

I think I'll just go and wait for the live action movies . But I think the movies have the rush the ending as well.
I agree with you about getting 11-12 episodes but I hope it is better than S2, which I did like, but S1 was so much better. A decent ending will do, I am not expecting something great, anyway most of them have horrible endings

I don't think I'll be able to watch the 1st episode today Will try to watch it tomorrow.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 19:47   Link #74
CWW
Lurker

Episode was alright. Some of the dialogue felt forced, but the jokes were fine. Liked the part where Nodame denounces the name Bebe-chan.

Also liked the fact that it featured Tanya playing Chopin's Etude in C Minor, also known as the Revolutionary Etude. It really suits her.

The OP and ED are excellent as well.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 21:37   Link #75
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
My god...I love this show. I can't say how happy I am that it's back.

Regarding the ep, I liked it...some parts felt rushed (but they packed a lot into one ep), but my love for the show tends to overlook most (if not all) things. Good laughs, good music, and great characters return...can't wait for more.

P.S. Speaking of great characters returning, judging by the OP Mine and Kiyora finally make another appearance. Can't wait, those two were/are awesome.
DUDE!! Scott Pilgrim!!

first episode was good! still doesnt feel as faithful or enjoyable as season one, though. i really wish the original director had returned, but overall s2 was enjoyable, so i imagine this one will be, too. the new opening is AMAZING!!!
the ending and even the opening don't feel as classical themed this time around, though..
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 02:30   Link #76
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched Episode 1.

So let's see:

- Stupidly-fast pacing, check.
- Automaton Chiaki conducting an Automaton Orchestra, check.
- The music brushed aside as an afterthought, check.
- Most unforgivable of all, key scenes for character development missing, check.

In short, once again it looks like this is going to be another of Kon Chiaki's fail-Nodame series. I'm going to adjust my expectations way down for this.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 04:41   Link #77
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
In short, once again it looks like this is going to be another of Kon Chiaki's fail-Nodame series. I'm going to adjust my expectations way down for this.
It's hardly Kon's fault that the show has such a short episode count. With this amount of time, he did a great job with the first episode.
Old 2010-01-17, 06:23   Link #78
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's hardly Kon's fault that the show has such a short episode count. With this amount of time, he did a great job with the first episode.
Just because Kon jumped through hoops to fit in as much content as possible in less than half an hour doesn't make the episode "good" by any stretch of the imagination. A "great job" at content compression it may be, but my points about the execution of this episode still stands.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 06:44   Link #79
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Just because Kon jumped through hoops to fit in as much content as possible in less than half an hour doesn't make the episode "good" by any stretch of the imagination. A "great job" at content compression it may be, but my points about the execution of this episode still stands.
I'm just saying that from my point of view that it didn't feel like a rushed first episode, that's all.
Old 2010-01-17, 08:11   Link #80
TCman

Just watched the first episode of Nodame Cantabile - Finale. I thinkit is a very nice and enjoyable episode 1. As usual the jokes and gags are really funny, and Nodame is still funny and cute at the same same as ever. Nice use of flashback, now we know more about Chiaki and his dad. And it's nice too see Nodame being serious for once in a while.

I haven't read or at least haven't follow the manga for a while, so I don't know whether the anime creators have skipped a lot of things, but I feel that the pacing of this first episode is okay; I guess for people who already has finished the manga would experience that the pacing is too fast due to missing/skipped chapters and details from the manga.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina