AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-04-25, 03:31   Link #221
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Doubtful, otherwise they'd've likely set up a foothold in Jupiter, which is what mainly attracts them when QBWs aren't involved. And they probably wouldn't have left. And if they didn't assimilate the planet and the life on it, like they seemingly typically do, they definitely would've become active once Innovades started appearing, which was well before the Gundams became a reality.
Old 2011-04-25, 07:05   Link #222
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ya know what I just realized? The little ELS probe thing that restarts the Europa ship doesn't look like any of the other ELS shapes.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 09:53   Link #223
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Ya know what I just realized? The little ELS probe thing that restarts the Europa ship doesn't look like any of the other ELS shapes.
I highly doubt they needed anything more to assimilate with Europa.

Or should I say, him/her. since ELS is really one large multiconsciousness.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 14:08   Link #224
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I would prefer calling them "they".
Old 2011-04-25, 18:22   Link #225
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
I highly doubt they needed anything more to assimilate with Europa.

What I'm really getting at, is why didn't it look like any of the others? It looked like a little flying blob thing. Rather than the needle shapes all the other ELS take.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 20:48   Link #226
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

There are really several type of the ELS, it can take whatever form it wants. That just happens to be less common than the other. In fact, the needles types are just cited as "the most common" in a sourcebook.
Old 2011-04-28, 19:44   Link #227
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
No sign of vastly intelligent life yet, but the galaxy is a big place. For all we know the ELS could of covered like...10% of the galaxy.

They should really give us a chart on where their planet is, and where they went.
That is a point, if there is truly sentinent intelligent life, it would have made a course for earth to conquer for either prestige or resources. But with the ELS, they are alien in every single way, not a humanoid race like most sci-fi but not some insectoid hive that aggressively expands and consume like a bunch of hungry locusts.

We are quite lucky in terms of evolution, an sentinent race which emerged from the primordial muck to reach this standard.
Old 2011-04-28, 19:46   Link #228
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
That is a point, if there is truly sentinent intelligent life, it would have made a course for earth to conquer for either prestige or resources.
I hate that cliche.
Old 2011-04-28, 19:54   Link #229
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I hate that cliche.
That trope is kind of old but it is popular to use. The ELS was trying to subvert an anime trope that was overused. They combine the aspects of Angel like alien races and Hive Minds yet subvert them by being somewhat harmless. By somewhat harmless I meant not being complete assholes like the Angel and Festum.
Old 2011-04-29, 10:53   Link #230
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
That is a point, if there is truly sentinent intelligent life, it would have made a course for earth to conquer for either prestige or resources.
Hemph, just because one race is composed of intelligent lifeforms does not immediately mean it would make a course to conquer other people's territory.

Why? Because it is not always necessary.

Sometimes total conquest is a burden, our own history taught us that. However, partial conquest, such as economic dependency, is very viable in many situations...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-04-29 at 11:03.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 11:26   Link #231
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I would prefer calling them "they".
Or if you have to go for a singular, 'It' is probably closer to the mark.
Old 2011-12-09, 14:17   Link #232
23 gundam fan

i didnt mind it, it was a nice change of pace. but i hope they werent testing the waters to now have aliens in every new series or gundam movie.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 17:13   Link #233
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
i didnt mind it, it was a nice change of pace. but i hope they werent testing the waters to now have aliens in every new series or gundam movie.
I highly doubt they're going to include in every new series or movie but for some reason, I have a strange feeling this will not be the last we see of aliens in Gundam period.
Old 2013-10-25, 05:29   Link #234
MarvinLyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'll always remember Loran chainsawing through a sword.

IIRC, wasn't the Turn X still built by humans? It was created from the Turn A, and built outside the solar kits, but I've heard nothing that say aliens or non-humans built it.
I was told about aliens built it.. But never heard about the involvement of humans

Last edited by MarvinLyons; 2013-10-26 at 12:25.
MarvinLyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 06:25   Link #235
hamazura
whatever

how the hell a humans built turn-a, the mass-destruction and armageddon unit FOR HUMAN RACE?
i would like to see alien give a hand to humans to build turn-a to end the war, Dark History movie, no one doesnt want that happen, but yeah... turn-a marketing sucks
Old 2013-10-25, 07:02   Link #236
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
how the hell a humans built turn-a, the mass-destruction and armageddon unit FOR HUMAN RACE?
It could've been built by someone of Flit's talent and Rau's view of humanity, or something along those lines.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 13:05   Link #237
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

All the documentation about the Turn X that I've found point to it being created by humans who left the planet for intergalactic travels, and that one eventually found its way back to Earth, and that humans on Earth, fearing its power, built the Turn A Gundam based off of its design in order to counter it.
Old 2013-10-26, 00:46   Link #238
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
is there any in depth explaination of George Glenn's Space Whale thing?
& please no Majestic Prince jokes, seriously
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 01:14   Link #239
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Other than it was proof of potential life beyond Earth? It merely kickstarted the space development of the PLANTs and the Coordinators to explore such possibilities, but beyond that no. The only thing asked of George Glenn's mind was about why he revealed his existence as a Coordinator. I don't think he was asked about the fossil.
Old 2013-10-26, 01:22   Link #240
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The only thing asked of George Glenn's mind was about why he revealed his existence as a Coordinator. I don't think he was asked about the fossil.
Yeah, you know, it's kind of odd to me. I mean, somebody made him, so you would think whoever did it would've come out beforehand to reveal their success.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote