AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-08, 23:27   Link #61
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Laurie-chan
This is probably one of the best series this season, along with Midori no Hibi.
Laurie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 01:33   Link #62
wao
OK.

I was personally very unimpressed with this series, even if the background music and animation were terrible (no, I didn't like that stupid music!!), it wasn't even cute for me, but... really, really dull. They could have cut a lot of parts out - because they didn't make use of pauses to bring out drama properly. Heck, even simple humour, IMO, wasn't executed properly - and you don't need a high-calibre top-standard team to make that work...

Some things seemed a little too obvious, like Kokoro... I dunno. It may have charmed a lot of people but I'm giving up on this. That's just my opinion.
Old 2004-04-09, 05:51   Link #63
bluemist
i am the mist

Whoa.

I read the limited number of translated manga and some summaries, and I must say it isn't as 'cute' as it's supposed to be. It's rather 'serious' (aah... Full Moon wo Sagashite memories coming back, that manga was 'so serious' as compared to the semi-happy anime) and deals with issues like 'child abuse' and 'suicide'. That's shoujo manga for you. (?)

Actually, I like it this way because (I hope) it doesn't fall to the usual cute anime cliche of having episode fillers just to prove that Yuzuyu is 'cute'. There is a story to tell, and one that may not be 'cute', but one that is very 'endearing'. I hope they won't do a Ultra Maniac and modify so many stuff in the transition to anime.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 06:04   Link #64
wao
OK.

Meh. :S I guess I've either gotten totally desensitized towards endearing stuff, or I just... cannot care. I suppose after watching Violinist of Hameln which made me want to throw myself down a drain and die after watching (for a while, at least!), I haven't... uh... gotten back to liking stuff like this. o_O

And I suppose small kids annoy me. I never considered that, really... but lately I've been getting annoyed at small kids. Why? O_o;
Old 2004-04-10, 16:52   Link #65
plui31

Is this animated by the same studio who did Full Moon? I can see the similarity in style.
plui31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 16:56   Link #66
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by plui31
Is this animated by the same studio who did Full Moon? I can see the similarity in style.
Both Aishiteruze Baby and Full Moon were manga from Ribon. That manga magazine has very similar character designs.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 17:52   Link #67
ladholyman
Translator for Doremi

Send a message via AIM to ladholyman
Anyone knows anything about the Opening and Ending songs? I really like them!

Anyway, Ashiterezu Baby looks to be very promising, it takes a very different approach than Midori no Hibi. The plot is very deep, the art is very cute. What is there not to like? And Kippei's brother is very cool.
Old 2004-04-12, 06:08   Link #68
rentabigdog

Aishiteruze Baby

The cuteness oh the cuteness someone make it stop. For some reason I like this series, maybe its the whole thing that I'm a parent and I can relate I don't know. If you haven't given this one a shot, go ahead and try it. I download and watch pretty much everything that comes on here, I even downloaded bobobobobo(i think that's enough bo's) to watch it.Brief series explanation, Main character is a player with the ladies until he gets a lady(she's 5) dropped in his lap to look after. The poor guy dealing with his family,school, and the fact he has zero ideas on how to take care of a kid just leads to some very cute moments.So far I like it and its moved closer to the top of my list of the 12 or so shows I'm watching right now.
It will probably lean a little more toward the female crowd, but to me good anime is good anime regardless of what demographic I'm stuck in. Go try this one.
rentabigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 06:25   Link #69
Phoenix-kun
confused

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix-kun
choose one of the following threads, where you want to post. ;D
Either here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=10849 or
here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=10989

Anyway, I'm still thinking whether I should stick with it or not, it is a little cute and sad, but somehow it was still not enough to catch my attention.

The next episode will decide.
Phoenix-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 09:25   Link #70
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie-chan
This is probably one of the best series this season, along with Midori no Hibi.
Agreed. I absolutely love Aishiteruze Baby's storyline and artwork.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 09:45   Link #71
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I think this show is really trying to turn people into lolicons, bow before the awesome power and cuteness of the LOLI
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 10:28   Link #72
Rosa_Gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOcyOgl
Maybe its just a simple excuse for the author to explain how little yuzu end up staying with 'playboy-onee-san'

this anime is turning me into a paedophile ~ er.. i mean i want to have a litttttlleee sister too.
I love your icon! soo kawai!! gosh now i have to get me a kippe&yuzu icon ^_^
they are sooo cute ...actually this anime is turning me into a lolicon-fan ;-;
not sexual >< just think it's sooo adorable how kippei fawns over yuzu-chan *sniffles*
Rosa_Gigantea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 15:42   Link #73
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
I thought I said my peace but....can't help myself. Like I said before, it's really HARD to understand a mother whom would abandoned a child, for any reason. Given her husband died, but does that give her child just so she could find a "peace of mind." I don't doubt for one second that she was a good person by nature, but her actions were not only not understable but inappropiate as well.

Emessen, you said that the mother could've contacted Yuzu's relatives before she left. That's possible, but that wasn't what happened so therfore the viewer is given the impression that Yuzu was abandoned although the mother could've contacted the relatives before-hand. But it doesn't hint that in the anime nor manga, only when the mother is far away, everyone is aware that she is "okay." Believe it or not, I don't hate the mother, I hate the position she put her child in. Better judgement could have been used. The family members I think aren't mad her, but for actions which is why there isn't any hostiliy towards her, just the fact that she put everyone in a weird position.

I hope she does "get her mind right" so that she could come back and get rejected by her daughter. That would be justice right there, then she will see how it feels to be abandoned. I don't respect the mother at all, regardless how good of a person she is. Anyone whom abandons their child for any reason without telling them is an unfit parent in my eyes. Although the mother did contact Yuzu, but that doesn't soften the blow too much. We'll see how much of an impact her actions had on Yuzu later......
Dude, relax, it is just anime. Besides, you seem to take this part a bit too personally.
Old 2004-04-12, 16:03   Link #74
SimplyEd
Claytard

My, i have to say, this show is just like a manual instruction for a healthy upbringing of your children/ or those of others. Next, i have to get myself a daughter and try everything i've learned so far

No,really, i simply love this show and i don't even know why..parental instinct perhaps? Up until now everything fits perfectly: strange characters, strange story, strange comedy. The only thing that disturbed me a bit were those lame references to pedophilic tendencies, which are not present imo. I mean, come on, a guy+a five-year old girl=pedophile sex maniac? I think not..well, at least not here, that's the main plot for other shows/genre. That's what really got me worked up at the end of episode two.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 16:17   Link #75
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

lol, just wait to see the whole kindergarten turned into that guy's personal harem
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 16:40   Link #76
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
lol, just wait to see the whole kindergarten turned into that guy's personal harem
I'm sure all the girls who read Ribon would be very pissed and write the creators very angry letters.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:10   Link #77
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Watched ep2

Spoiler:
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:13   Link #78
box-chan

i agree

I have to echo Ed's comment, this show really grabbed me and I can't explain exactly why...Maybe because I took care of my sister growing up (we were 7 years apart) and now that we're both grown it reminds me of some REALLY good times. <sniff>

Honestly, I've got strange tastes in anime to say the least, but this came out of the blue and threw a lump right in my manly throat. The fact that I believe this little girl depends completely on kippei says to me that the writers did a good job. Sure, the animation may have its awkward moments, but the story seems to be the fatal hook for me, especially since I don't generally like the whole cute-sy thing. I guess its good to get a contrast to all the monsters and tech with something real and life-affirming. And perhaps that makes me a gigantic blubbering wuss. <coincidentally I've always liked anime that delt with relationships>

Couple that with the fact that over the easter weekend someone called me metrosexual (this is apparently a fad term now?!), and I guess that just further explains this whole conundrum. hmph, .
box-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:13   Link #79
box-chan

hehe, really?
box-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 19:06   Link #80
Rosa_Gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by box-chan
I have to echo Ed's comment, this show really grabbed me and I can't explain exactly why...Maybe because I took care of my sister growing up (we were 7 years apart) and now that we're both grown it reminds me of some REALLY good times. <sniff>

Honestly, I've got strange tastes in anime to say the least, but this came out of the blue and threw a lump right in my manly throat. The fact that I believe this little girl depends completely on kippei says to me that the writers did a good job. Sure, the animation may have its awkward moments, but the story seems to be the fatal hook for me, especially since I don't generally like the whole cute-sy thing. I guess its good to get a contrast to all the monsters and tech with something real and life-affirming. And perhaps that makes me a gigantic blubbering wuss. <coincidentally I've always liked anime that delt with relationships>

Couple that with the fact that over the easter weekend someone called me metrosexual (this is apparently a fad term now?!), and I guess that just further explains this whole conundrum. hmph, .
that's a compliment. You are a str8 guy that have the snappy cool fashion sense of a gay man ^_^
Rosa_Gigantea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance