AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-21, 03:24   Link #281
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
Nice Boat Wins Again!

All Abord The Censorship! Whoot Whoot!
ADV's axing (or not) of Higurashi has nothing to do with censorship

The postponing of the airing of the new series, however, does. I can understand why they'd do it, but what I can't understand is exactly how Higurashi got dragged into this.
Old 2007-09-21, 12:26   Link #282
chrno_the_sinner

Fuck. That's all I can say...

Geneon better release their current series, or there'll be hell to pay.

Rozen Maiden, Higurashi, Shana, etc have all had discs released already, and Dentsu better make sure the series finish their runs. Kai can be licensed by another company (preferably Right Stuf) for all I care. I've already invested in a box, so it better be filled.
Old 2007-09-21, 18:22   Link #283
Icehawk

Fuckin right. Heads will roll if I cannot fill my Higurashi box set and finnish picking up Black Lagoon.
Old 2007-09-21, 19:44   Link #284
Mappy
Eat This!

The other half of this week's depressing double-whammy. Oyashiro-sama is angry.
Old 2007-09-23, 19:08   Link #285
Kamineko84

I have a question. If Geneon...let's pray this doesn't happen, decides to cancel Higurashi for North America, will the fansub be allowed to be brought back to Animesuki?
Old 2007-09-23, 21:24   Link #286
GyroidFanatic

It's not canceling that we have to worry about, it's them going out of business. If that happens, one of a few things could happen, depending on what they do and what their contracts say:

1. The license would be canceled immediately -- it's not licensed for the US and should be back on AnimeSuki
2. The license is sold/auctioned/transfered to another US company before Geneon goes under -- it's still licensed for the US and stays off of AnimeSuki
3. The license is canceled and is then picked up by another US company -- it's unlicensed for that brief period of time, and should be back on AnimeSuki for that brief time
4. We have no idea what the hell happened -- I'd assume the admins would assume #1 happened until someone says otherwise

(This is all just guessing on my part)
Old 2007-09-24, 03:00   Link #287
chrno_the_sinner

I'm hopeful that Geneon will at least complete what series they have now. I don't think Dentsu is so heartless as to put down their American distro company without finishing their releases.

And Animesuki would only put the unreleased episodes back on. The ones on DVD would stay off.
Old 2007-09-26, 11:51   Link #288
User65554
Disabled By Request

Apparently, Geneon have canceled all DVD releases after November 11. This means that (if I got it right) the first 3 of the 6 Higurashi DVDs have been/will be released....
Old 2007-09-26, 12:18   Link #289
MarthX

Episodes 15-26 will be in limbo.
Old 2007-09-26, 14:39   Link #290
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamineko84 View Post
I have a question. If Geneon...let's pray this doesn't happen, decides to cancel Higurashi for North America, will the fansub be allowed to be brought back to Animesuki?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner View Post
And Animesuki would only put the unreleased episodes back on. The ones on DVD would stay off.
Fansubs of the remainder of Higurashi will not be listed on AnimeSuki at this point in time (and it's unlikely this will change in the near future).

We do not know what is really happening at the moment so please do not jump to conclusions. Just because Geneon are no longer planning to release the remainder of the series does not mean it isn't licensed any more.

There is a good chance that the remaining episodes will be released by another U.S. company but this is just speculation by me. It may not happen, or it may take a long time for it to happen, we just do not know. But it would seem logical that Geneon will "sell" the part license to another company (or at least try and recover the cost of the license by either selling or authorising another company to complete the series).
Old 2007-09-26, 18:39   Link #291
FireChick

Why are Geneon cancelling their releases from November onwards? That's not right!
Old 2007-09-26, 19:00   Link #292
GyroidFanatic

Because they have literally no way to distribute anything after that?

EDIT: Unless someone wants to rent a U-haul and drive cross country for them
Old 2007-09-27, 00:55   Link #293
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I wonder if the next company will release the uncut versions also..

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-09-27, 17:45   Link #294
chrno_the_sinner

They're not uncut so much as they are DVD versions. Any release here will have the DVD versions.

Higurashi is one of Geneons more popular new titles, so assuming they go the Kadokawa USA route and outsource their product, I think Higurashi, Rozen Maiden, and Hellsing are the top contenders to get their product out.

I'm really just upset at Dentsu for pulling the plug without ANY remorse for the US market.
Old 2007-09-28, 13:53   Link #295
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
.....wtf

if my box is not filled with the same box art, same voice actors, same nonaltered video, same every thing, im gonna flip
Old 2007-09-28, 14:47   Link #296
MezzoDragon

If a new company takes the Higurashi license, they better give characters decent voices. Rena's current dub voice is equivalent to nails on a chalkboard. Also, Rika's voice is far too raspy.
Old 2007-09-28, 14:54   Link #297
chrno_the_sinner

I'm hopeful Geneon will go the same route as Kadokawa USA, and if they do, they'll outsource the dub back to Bang Zoom and everything else to some other company.

On the bright side, we might see some EXTRAS with the new DVDs.
Old 2007-09-28, 16:45   Link #298
Shadow Raven 91
She's a Genius I swear it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayukanon45 View Post
.....wtf

if my box is not filled with the same box art, same voice actors, same nonaltered video, same every thing, im gonna flip
Same here, and I just started collecting anime. I'm not 100% sure whats happening to Geneon. I planned on picking up some Tenchi Muyo Stuff later on. Will it be affected seeing how its licensed by them.
Old 2007-09-28, 16:49   Link #299
FireChick

I hope we can still buy Geneon's DVDs at stores like Suncoast, Best Buy or Image Anime like that.
Old 2007-09-28, 17:31   Link #300
chrno_the_sinner

As of today, Geneon isn't producing any more discs at all. The exception are the titles scheduled for release until November 5th or 6th. After that, Geneon isn't producing discs at all.

So get what you want from them while you can. I'd recommend picking up Gankutsuou and Haibane Renmei.
Closed Thread