AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-18, 11:45   Link #221
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Alrighty, I'll continue with the way I've been doing it. I'll at least try not to take longer than a week or so finishing up, although having looked through what is left, the EPIC META DUELS might take a good amount of time by themselves, since there is a metric ton of red text and blue text and things written on screens the texthooker can't grab.

I'll do my best, though!
Old 2009-08-18, 11:52   Link #222
x[Ame_Bernkastel]x
Witch of kakera

Send a message via MSN to x[Ame_Bernkastel]x
Take it easy men! You're doing the best, right now! And as i say, thanks a lot. I can declare myself to be a fangirl of those summaries! haha
Old 2009-08-18, 12:14   Link #223
Ayaakun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamar View Post
Alrighty, I'll continue with the way I've been doing it. I'll at least try not to take longer than a week or so finishing up, although having looked through what is left, the EPIC META DUELS might take a good amount of time by themselves, since there is a metric ton of red text and blue text and things written on screens the texthooker can't grab.

I'll do my best, though!
Thank you so much ;_;
Old 2009-08-18, 12:27   Link #224
Risa chan
Watcher

thank you very much !
Old 2009-08-18, 12:28   Link #225
passuki

Thank you very much too~ T^T
Old 2009-08-18, 12:37   Link #226
milkypink
♥~☆~♥

Okay finally made it through the main part of the story, only partway through the ??? tea party (man the normal tea party was so short I thought ??? would be somewhat short also guess I was wroooooong )

I'm definitely going to have to go back and reread parts (largely things that are historical references (Hideyoshi going on about hiding someone's death during a war period... Beato/Ronove/Gaap talking about the Romance of the Three Kingoms) since I kinda skimmed those knowing I'd have to take too long to look them up )

While I'm rereading I'll read over your summaries, Kamar, and see if I can't clear up some of the things you were confused about

By the way, someone in this thread mentioned extracting all the text and reading it in firefox using rikaichan - how do you extract the text?
Old 2009-08-18, 12:46   Link #227
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkypink View Post
While I'm rereading I'll read over your summaries, Kamar, and see if I can't clear up some of the things you were confused about
Oh, that'd be great, thanks!
Old 2009-08-18, 13:07   Link #228
Cruor

Thank you very much, Kamar. Sorry, to double your objectives though....
Old 2009-08-18, 13:26   Link #229
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm sorry if I will sound displeasing here, but I would also like more compact posts (not content but posts) as it will just distract the whole discussion into bunch of summaries post
Though, I sincerely believe that linking a blog like LiJianliang's, Atashi would work much better.
I don't want to discourage anyone in typing summaries, but in the end, it will be just a thread about summarizing the episode, instead of discussing about it. And it is even more cluttered as there are 2 members doing this kind of sporadic cluster of posts alternatively, thus sidetracking even more the purpose of this thread.

So, please try to minimize the number of posts (the content size is NOT the issue here), or another format would be largely more practical.
Going to merge few posts as result.
Old 2009-08-18, 14:32   Link #230
ChaosDimension

Hey guy, I played the whole hold down ctrl thing throughout this whole episode and all I can say is wow. This episode should be awesome. This really is a true answer arc in my mind.

Why? This episode practically denies a ton of theories and possibilities from the previous arcs that there is practically no reason you shouldn't know who the culprit is by now. Or at least narrowed it down to 2-3 possible suspects.

Ryuukishi07 used information from the previous arcs to really get us thinking but if you look back on ep 1-4, there are such minor detail that he hopes that we merely skim over it and then forget about it so later on he can go, GOTCHA!

Here's a big hint that people might have overlooked in the previous games(not even in the actual text no less! And is elaborated upon ep5):
Spoiler for hinto:

And yes, I know who the culprit is. (90% sure, just in case the witch of miracles pulls a fast one on me =D) It really does make sense if you know who it is. As for it'll end in the story. Well lets have Ryuukishi07's witchcraft show how to make it good and dramatic, because it will be =P
Old 2009-08-18, 15:08   Link #231
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I certainly don't get how the original flavor text from Umineko 1st arcs is anything relevant to the mystery and the like, especially how engrish is usually something big (and generally, people expected Ryukishi to ignore the usual rules of the classic detective novels because of the "no dine, no knox").

I might sound a bit dry, but it would be a bit more pertinent and meaningful to bring out a theory, with supplied facts and observations, instead of pulling "I know the culprit" that means anything and nothing at the same time (especially that I have no detail how much details you lost by CTRLing through Ep5).
Old 2009-08-18, 16:54   Link #232
ChaosDimension

Ok, that was cocky of my and for that I apologize. Here is my theory that might reveal some insight.

Spoiler for Theory with spoilers:

And that's just the first part. Now try reading Dine's commandments and see if that doesn't void a lot more theories. Dine's commandments are located here.

http://gaslight.mtroyal.ca/vandine.htm
Old 2009-08-18, 21:43   Link #233
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'd actually encourage Kamar to do what he's been doing. He can do the more detailed and longer text while I stick to the more compressed rundown of the story. My notes are just for quick reference purposes anyway, it's not meant to be detailed but more of a chronicling of the events as they unfold.

Spoiler for Ep5 spoilers:
Old 2009-08-18, 21:50   Link #234
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDimension View Post
Ok, that was cocky of my and for that I apologize. Here is my theory that might reveal some insight.
That's not a theory, that's just a collection of obvious or questionable statements...
Old 2009-08-18, 22:02   Link #235
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Still they may serve as an absolute guidepost to eliminate useless possibilities. I guess he's telling us that he followed an elimination method to arrive at his conclusion.
Old 2009-08-18, 22:05   Link #236
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

This thread is for discussing those conclusions themselves, though. People have come up with all kinds of theories, and it's not like his is any more confirmed truth than the rest.

I'd rather see and talk about what he's on to.
Old 2009-08-18, 22:10   Link #237
Squirrellord

Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
Woo, I finally finished
My thoughts:
Spoiler for Just Thoughts:

The "I am Ian Bauer" part had me crying I was laughing so hard. If you guys didn't know, Ian Bauer is a figure skater... which is why Rudolf said it. It was right after he said something about how he enjoyed skating.

Spoiler for Theories:

Spoiler for Errors?:
Old 2009-08-18, 22:37   Link #238
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Taking a break from the game so let me have a shot at Knox's Commandments and how they affect the games:

Spoiler for Knox's Commandments:
Old 2009-08-18, 22:43   Link #239
Marion
The Great Dine

Ian Bauer.
MORE LIKE JACK BAUER.
amirite |D -shot- (seriously the song is pretty much exactly the same as the first line from the song).

Spoiler for EP 5:
Old 2009-08-18, 22:58   Link #240
Goat-Kun

Has anyone else seen the scene where:
Spoiler for EP 5:

I hope noone's posted this before :P
Closed Thread