AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-16, 12:13   Link #4581
Zeydra
A random passerby

A question, something about the Kira and Cagali thing has always bugged me.
Spoiler for Spoilers about Kira from episode 41 of the original series:
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 12:16   Link #4582
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Impregnation is controlled for Coordinators. So it was a simple matter of Hibiki using his sperm with one of his wife's eggs for the fertilization process for Kira, while the two of them had sex to produce Cagalli.
Old 2012-09-16, 12:25   Link #4583
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^Ah, you beat me to it, Rising. And I was gonna explain it .

Can't blame Zeydra for being confused though. The Hibiki flasback episode was kinda hard to swallow the first time I watched it.
Old 2012-09-16, 12:52   Link #4584
Zeydra
A random passerby

Ah, now it makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:35   Link #4585
Gundamx

Aren't They Supposed to be Twins?
(From what I remamber they remove one from the mother.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 14:30   Link #4586
Destined_Fate

Yes they're twins. So most likely when she got pregnant they had Kira removed and put in a tube... Or they manipulated Kira inside her and she gave birth to both of them naturally only that Kira was modified. They than kept Kira and gave Cagalli away to the Lion with the hopes that she'll never learn her true parentage.

The weird thing is that even though Cagalli isn't modified she has blond hair yet neither of her biological parents has blonde hair. Maybe it was recessive... Or it's using Anime Logic.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 15:43   Link #4587
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Or they manipulated Kira inside her and she gave birth to both of them naturally only that Kira was modified.
Kira was developed and is born from the artificial womb. That's the difference between him and all the other Coordinators.

Quote:
They than kept Kira and gave Cagalli away to the Lion with the hopes that she'll never learn her true parentage.
No, they didn't give away their children.. They were attacked by blue cosmos and only Kira and Cagalli survived.

Quote:
The weird thing is that even though Cagalli isn't modified she has blond hair yet neither of her biological parents has blonde hair. Maybe it was recessive... Or it's using Anime Logic.
Her father is blonde.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-09-16 at 15:55.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:38   Link #4588
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Boy I remember the first time I found out Kira and Cagalli were siblings. I wanted them to get it on, because I thought they had some good chemistry. But ending up as brother and sister was a cool twist in itself.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:41   Link #4589
Destined_Fate

Think if they had got it on or kissed before learning they were siblings. Now that would have been very awkward and it would be their parents fault. Not the kids fault that they felt a close connection together despite supposedly being stranger. So at least Flay being with Kira at that time prevented anything from happening between the siblings. If she wasn't though....
Old 2012-09-16, 21:43   Link #4590
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Sharing a long open mouth kiss with some tongue didn't seem to affect Luke Skywalker and Leia.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:46   Link #4591
Destined_Fate

I'm sure it's something they don't talk about. Considering how emotional Cagalli is I don't think she would keep something that awkward to herself. Would be even more awkward if Athrun walked in on them when they're making out and he's the one that was given the picture, by Murrue or Cagalli's bodyguard, to give to Cagalli who dropped it or didn't have time to look at it yet.

Make out and seconds later they find out they're siblings.

Yeah...
Old 2012-09-17, 11:55   Link #4592
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

You know, Kira is the closest thing to a harem hero a Gundam show is ever going to get. Hell, there is even a fandom for Kira x Murrue...

Not that I oppose that pairing...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 11:59   Link #4593
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Doesn't Athrun have him beat as far as women attracted to him? Which was... four in Destiny.
Old 2012-09-17, 12:01   Link #4594
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Doesn't Athrun have him beat as far as women attracted to him? Which was... four in Destiny.
Not if you include the 3 unfortunate Astray girls

Besides, everyone left Athrun. And I am not even sure if you should count Lacus as being attracted to him. They were kind of in an arranged situation.

While Kira had options... man, options.

Not that you really want to betray Lacus, its not a good idea...

- Tak (He isn't known as the bridejacker for nothing)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-09-17 at 12:45.
Old 2012-09-17, 12:50   Link #4595
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Perhaps, though Lunamaria was more of just a crush and she moved on fast to Shinn after she thought he was dead. Not like it was going anywhere since he flat out rejected all her attempts to get to know her idol.
Old 2012-09-17, 12:50   Link #4596
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I know. Still counts for whatever harem-ish aspect Athrun had. Still left him with three girls interested in him.
Old 2012-09-17, 12:52   Link #4597
Destined_Fate

At least Athrun can say none of his love interests died so he has that. Though it was funny how Cagalli felt about Athrun's engagement in SEED would later be felt by Athrun when he learned she was engaged to Yuna.
Old 2012-09-17, 12:52   Link #4598
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know, Kira is the closest thing to a harem hero a Gundam show is ever going to get. Hell, there is even a fandom for Kira x Murrue...

- Tak
Have you seen Victory Gundam? The Gundam pilot, Usso Ewin, can charm more than 5 adult women. He's practically a (nice) pimp and he's not even 13 yet!
Old 2012-09-17, 12:54   Link #4599
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Have you seen Victory Gundam? The Gundam pilot, Usso Ewin, can charm more than 5 adult women. He's practically a (nice) pimp and he's not even 13 yet!
Yeah, I have seen Victory Gundam. People who knows me probably remember what I think of it, so I won't repeat it here. It'd take too long, and it will become a rant.

Anyway, last time I checked, they all died. I guess thats part of his charm... eh?

Oh wait...

How could I forget, there is always Kamille Bidan.

- Tak

Old 2012-09-17, 13:09   Link #4600
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yeah, I have seen Victory Gundam. People who knows me probably remember what I think of it, so I won't repeat it here. It'd take too long, and it will become a rant.

Anyway, last time I checked, they all died. I guess thats part of his charm... eh?
Most of them died protecting or assisting him. So yeah, his charm is that good.

Quote:
Oh wait...

How could I forget, there is always Kamille Bidan.

- Tak
Poor Camille, most of the mature ladies he's interested to ignore him (I'm mainly looking at you, Reccoa) and many of those who're attracted to him are messed up in the head (Four, Rosammy, Sarah etc).

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep