Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 00:49   Link #21
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Just out of curiosity I tried downloading BSS's H.264 version of the first season. Though there are five seeds and two peers, and I could announce myself to the tracker, the torrent remained stalled. I'm sure you can find another location where it is archived; I just can't mention it here because it also has licensed materials.
Really? I gave it a spin today and I got it done in just over 3 hours.

Anywho, I really looking forward to this one. Been waiting 5 years! Hopefully, someone picks this up. The science side of it makes it really hard to understand with only first year Japanese.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 01:41   Link #22
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

OP: Wake Up by ClariS
ED: Saikin by Hiiragi

/
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 07:15   Link #23
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

BSS had said they would sub Moyashimon Returns, but their home page now reports that they've given up the ghost for good. I'm guessing it will be licensed by Crunchyroll in R1, but people in others parts of the globe may need to shop for a subbing group.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 16:50   Link #24
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

New trailer

wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 22:26   Link #25
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

What with the serious tone on the PV? Didn't expect a slow pace comedy to turn out like that ^.

From what I can make of it. The professor missing?
Old 2012-06-27, 00:54   Link #26
AleX_MytH

Quote:
What with the serious tone on the PV?
I guess it was a parody on movie trailers ("coming soon" suggests that).
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 09:39   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was definitely supposed to be a parody of mystery/horror movie trailers, at least up until A. Oryzae hijacked it.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:56   Link #28
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

So this show starts airing on Thursday with no sign of any licensing interest. Crunchyroll already lists the other upcoming noitaminA show, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, but nothing about Moyashimon. There's one empty slot left at CR; we'll see what fills it.

Licensing Moyashimon Returns without the original would be just as dumb as CR's decision not to license the first season of Chi's Sweet Home. So I can see they might see the choice as being between two licenses or none. Now that BSS has opted out of the fansubbing business, we're left with, it appears, Commie. I'll just observe that they haven't listed a series at AS since 2009.
Old 2012-07-02, 18:20   Link #29
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

So what you're telling me is that I now have a chance to practice my Japanese? This is going to end well....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 13:07   Link #30
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Never crossed my mind that they would actually give this a 2nd season. The first one just left me hanging for more. Can't wait for it to start airing and hopefully it won't be stuck in translation limbo for too long.

And really excited to hear miyuki sawashiro's voice in the show. Looking forward to seeing 4 hotties in lab coats
Old 2012-07-04, 11:50   Link #31
aers
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
So this show starts airing on Thursday with no sign of any licensing interest. Crunchyroll already lists the other upcoming noitaminA show, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, but nothing about Moyashimon. There's one empty slot left at CR; we'll see what fills it.

Licensing Moyashimon Returns without the original would be just as dumb as CR's decision not to license the first season of Chi's Sweet Home. So I can see they might see the choice as being between two licenses or none. Now that BSS has opted out of the fansubbing business, we're left with, it appears, Commie. I'll just observe that they haven't listed a series at AS since 2009.
FWIW BSS would have been subbing it pretty much in name only, and it would have been mostly Commie's work, so things aren't really different.

You can thank Commie for the recent BD release of the show too.

Also with regards to that Oryzae plushie you linked earlier in the thread - I have one from way back when and they are awesome, I hope they make more!
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:16   Link #32
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

gg will be doing it. In fact, gg is so interested in doing it that it seems that the High Council is actually going to Do Things.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 09:35   Link #33
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
gg will be doing it. In fact, gg is so interested in doing it that it seems that the High Council is actually going to Do Things.
So we are going to be seeing a lot of germ subtrolling?
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 11:59   Link #34
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
So we are going to be seeing a lot of germ subtrolling?
idk bro, a lot of people think everything we do is "trolling" these days
I will say, though, that we unironically like this show, and that's a lot more than can be said for the vast majority of shit we sub
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:12   Link #35
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I hope that any group subbing this show will take the time to submit its releases to be listed on the AS main page. That seems to be a declining trend these days, even taking into account the enormous reduction in eligible series in the post-Crunchyroll environment. I also hope you have a decent biologist working as a consultant to get all those names straight. A. Oryzae likes it when his friends are correctly identified!

Speaking of those friends, I wonder if L. Lactis will show up again this season. He might be too busy schmoozing with the Wisconsin state legislature now that he is that state's official microbe.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-07-05 at 14:23.
Old 2012-07-05, 14:51   Link #36
E_I
Yuri fan

I just ran through the first season. Bring on season two!
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 17:49   Link #37
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Couldn't help it but i went ahead and watch the raw for ep 1. Character design for a few character changed a bit which is disorientating for me. Mutou and Oikawa got a bit of a hairstyle change, Oikawa is a blonde now instead of the old orange hair and Mutou got a bit more curls now.

Overall, there's noticeable discrepancy between the first season and second season character design that feels off to me. But the rest of show is still the same Moyashimon i came to love.
Old 2012-07-05, 18:01   Link #38
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Overall, there's noticeable discrepancy between the first season and second season character design that feels off to me.
As long as the microbes are still cute, and Aoi is still a knockout when she's drawn appropriately, I'll be happy.
Old 2012-07-06, 01:15   Link #39
Dop
Mmmm....

Had to watch a bit this morning, but had to stop on the grounds that if I sit and watch the whole episode I'll never get off to work on time!

Yeah. Character design is a little different, more in some characters than others.
Although to be honest I suspect that this is only going to be a little jarring if you, like me, recently watched the original series again in preparation for this series.

In particular Sawaki looks noticeably younger, and Kei will probably soar up the 'epic trap' rankings.

Microbes still look the same, though!

But yeah, it pretty much picks up where the first series left off.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 02:50   Link #40
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Bad art direction... *sniff sniff*

I'll miss you old Sawaki ; . ;

At one point you actually looked like a guy.. not some generic shota.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote