AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-16, 10:49   Link #41
Wolfwood2970

yeah Soldats does a good job with the translations but

Gah! i realized that episodes 18 and 19 came out already for the anbu version or whatever

im still patiently waiting for Soldats version but GAH! i want to see episode 18 badly oh well
Old 2003-11-16, 14:38   Link #42
brightman
Ancient Member

AnimeOne&High-Quality Anime's subs are very good too, actually. And they seemed to have placed a contrast filter that makes the colors more pronounced, and I think it makes the video better.

Anyway, Ep 19 was great... The "other" sides of the characters are beginning to appear, and so do the conflicts. Nemu's mysterious health problems get a brief revisit, and then the ending is best left not mentioning. I guess the incest theme might not hold well for some people though... Anyway, can't wait for more.
Old 2003-11-16, 18:06   Link #43
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
AnimeOne&High-Quality Anime's subs are very good too, actually. And they seemed to have placed a contrast filter that makes the colors more pronounced, and I think it makes the video better.

Anyway, Ep 19 was great... The "other" sides of the characters are beginning to appear, and so do the conflicts. Nemu's mysterious health problems get a brief revisit, and then the ending is best left not mentioning. I guess the incest theme might not hold well for some people though... Anyway, can't wait for more.
Yeah I really like AnimeOne & High Quality Anime's version very much. One reason why I really rather much prefer it is because whenever I try to dl it from Soldat's link my bittorrent keeps freezing up. It takes at least 2 hours to have to constantly cancel, restart, cancel, restart, cancel, restart. I don't know if anyone else is having that problem. Plus, yeah I noticed the quality of colors in AnimeOne's version are starkingly beautiful.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-16, 18:20   Link #44
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Yes, I was waiting for Nemu's illness to take more of a role in plot development.

Spoiler:

And I still find the side stories distracting. I'm wondering if they might ever have any relevance to the main plot. But until/unless I'm pleasantly surprised toward the end, these side stories remain annoying to me.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Old 2003-11-16, 19:09   Link #45
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour-Do

Can someone authoritatively confirm for me whether or not it is legal to marry your first-cousin in Japan? I'm quite sure it is not legal in most (if not all) states in the U.S.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
from http://www.cousincouples.com/info/facts.shtml:
Quote:
Fact: The frequency of cousin marriages in Japan is about 4 in 1,000
So I guess yes?

Then again, it says this:
Quote:
Fact: The frequency of cousin marriages in the USA is about 1 in 1,000
Hmm... Didn't know that one.

Oh and according to http://www.infolanka.com/org/genetic...s/essayrj3.htm
Quote:
In contrast in countries like Japan, India, Pakistan and the Middle East, upto 30% of marriages are consanguineous and are even encouraged as in Japan.
Encouraged? Wow.
Old 2003-11-16, 21:07   Link #46
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Just watched Episode 19. All I can say is, YAY for Da Capo!!! I had a feeling this series was going to get good, and I was right! I was holding my breath at the end, I couldn't believe some of the things that were said! I'm really really enjoying DC now
Old 2003-11-17, 00:21   Link #47
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Yes, I was waiting for Nemu's illness to take more of a role in plot development.

Spoiler:

And I still find the side stories distracting. I'm wondering if they might ever have any relevance to the main plot. But until/unless I'm pleasantly surprised toward the end, these side stories remain annoying to me.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Dude its legal to marry your cousin in 26 states here in the USA, im pretty sure its legal in Japan and other countires also. Personally im aganist it, I think its wrong, but I can understand it.

Just seen ep 19 heres what I thought of it

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-17, 00:31   Link #48
lordwu

I like episode 17-19 where the real plot began to move. It sure is getting interesting with the love interest confliction going on between the three main characters. The emotions of the three was handled very nicely in these episodes and I think that's a very big plus for me. Can't wait for the next episode.

On a side note, Aone-HQA's encoding was really great and they probably had HQ raws to start out with. There are a few translations that I think can be better handled but overall I applaud for their efforts.
Old 2003-11-17, 01:46   Link #49
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Dude its legal to marry your cousin in 26 states here in the USA, im pretty sure its legal in Japan and other countires also. Personally im aganist it, I think its wrong, but I can understand it.
I think I can understand it as well.

I gather that you read Brightman's reply about the fact you quoted, but did you check the website he linked to? The website states in its list of facts that 26 states allow first cousin marriages (which was a surprise to me). However, in the detailed list of states, there is NO mention at all that the data is pertaining specifically to first cousins (as opposed to second cousins, etc.). So I'm skeptical about their statement made in their facts page. Perhaps their interpretation of their own data is wrong? And I wish the website cited the sources of its information better.

Anyhow, I don't mean to get us side-tracked. I was just asking for an authoritative answer about the legality of first-cousin marriages in Japan, based on my possibly erroneous assumption about the legalities in the U.S.

I'm really enjoying Da Capo (minus the side stories).

Spoiler:

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Old 2003-11-17, 02:01   Link #50
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Sour-Do

Quote:
I gather that you read Brightman's reply about the fact you quoted, but did you check the website he linked to? The website states in its list of facts that 26 states allow first cousin marriages (which was a surprise to me). However, in the detailed list of states, there is NO mention at all that the data is pertaining specifically to first cousins (as opposed to second cousins, etc.). So I'm skeptical about their statement made in their facts page. Perhaps their interpretation of their own data is wrong? And I wish the website cited the sources of its information better.
Not really I actually brought it up in earlier posts here awhile ago. So I did my own research and I found out that 26 states allow cousin marriage. At first I was surpised that this was legal. I dont think it wouldnt matter which cousin either he/she were first or not if it is legal to marry your cousin, but I may be wrong. you prolly would have to check on the marriage laws on that one in a state that allows cousin marriages.
Old 2003-11-17, 07:15   Link #51
Erise

Quote:
To be honest, I don't actually recal Nemu having any illness... Hmmm... unless you count the time Asakura said he "never knew that Moe's father owned the hospital Nemu went to" or something to that extent. I guess we can infer that Nemu visits the hospital rather regularly then?

Spoiler:

And oh, I downloaded the AOne&HQA version to begin with because I started a bit late and they had more BT seeds The quality's great, and the only nit I can pick is that they somehow spell "Junichi" as "Jyunichi"...
Old 2003-11-17, 10:07   Link #52
bluemist
i am the mist

And so I regret having stopped at episode 12 for Da Capo... got a lot of catching up to do. I'm glad they finally started the plot, and they still have a long way to go until the series ends, so bring it on!

Finally bishoujo game-based animes are getting better...
Old 2003-11-17, 10:18   Link #53
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
And so I regret having stopped at episode 12 for Da Capo... got a lot of catching up to do. I'm glad they finally started the plot, and they still have a long way to go until the series ends, so bring it on!

Finally bishoujo game-based animes are getting better...
Dude your missing out on a great series the plot finally started, start dling those episodes.

Most H game based animes have really good stories even without the Hentai elements. Also this was an H game not an Bishoujo theirs a difference.
Old 2003-11-17, 15:03   Link #54
Tensai_kamen
Inactive Member

Unhappy

I'm quite sad that the series decided to highlight the love between Nemu & Juinichi ( although it is inevitable since the beginning of the series ). I think it will be better if he hook up with Kotori instead.

In the ep 19's side story, is the person in the cat man`s memories the younger version of Juinichi's Grandma ?
I hope somewhere towards the end, the series will tell us more about what happen to the real Miharu & the owner of Yoriko.
Old 2003-11-17, 15:30   Link #55
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Most H game based animes have really good stories even without the Hentai elements. Also this was an H game not an Bishoujo theirs a difference.
Incorrect. Adult PC games in japan are definately called bishoujo games. "H-Game" is not an actual japanese term, since I've never once seen the use of the word "H-Game" in any of my japanese Bishoujo Game magazines, games, articles, etc. And I have quite a few . Seeing how Da Capo was shown in one of my bishoujo game magazines... its pretty good evidence that it is indeed a b-game . Actually, looking over to my Da Capo game box, it shows its a "Gakuen Renai Adventure" game, or "High school true love adventure" bishoujo game.

Although I will agree with the good stories part ^_^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Hmm... would this be a lighthearted version of Kiminozo?

Any people here who has played the original game? Care to give some nice spoilers perhaps?
I havn't played much of the game, but I think the TV series is going different than the game. In kiminozo, it was one main solid story that branched off near the very end, but Da Capo was different. The stories are more different depending on who's story you chose. But I may be wrong... I havn't actually finished the game yet

Its nice to see the show turn back to the actual plot. The start of episode 1 sort of drew me in with the dream... but then it made nothing of it :P It'll be good to see it start going somewhere.

Doddler
Old 2003-11-17, 15:39   Link #56
Anlushac11

Cool

At the end of one of the first episodes the real Miharu
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-17, 17:37   Link #57
Sour-Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erise
To be honest, I don't actually recal Nemu having any illness... Hmmm... unless you count the time Asakura said he "never knew that Moe's father owned the hospital Nemu went to" or something to that extent. I guess we can infer that Nemu visits the hospital rather regularly then?
Heh heh. Check out the first episode again. Junichi checks Nemu's temperature, forehead to forehead, every morning...

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Old 2003-11-17, 21:53   Link #58
Breogan
Umeboshi

Actually I think this series should have been made 13 episodes and not 26 with lots of filler and those side episodes.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-18, 00:24   Link #59
Iron Monkey

I dunno, I don't see what's so bad about Nemu and Asakura's having a relationship. They knew from the get go that they weren't related. Like I've said in the past, what's really the big difference between this and say developing feelings for a childhood friend whom you treated as a younger/older sibling when you both were kids?

On a side note, is it really that big of a turn on in Japan to fall for a step sibling or have a relationship with a teacher? It seems like there's a lot of show's which hint at it. I dunno about you, but having your gf call you "brother" is kinda freaky, I think.
Old 2003-11-18, 00:27   Link #60
Erise

Quote:
Heh heh. Check out the first episode again. Junichi checks Nemu's temperature, forehead to forehead, every morning...

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Aha! To think that I forgot that, seeing how I liked that bit so much.

Yeah, I'm wondering what's happening to the real Miharu and Yoriko's owner...

To be honest, I don't really like Yoriko somehow, but I do like Miharu, after Nemu and Kotori. Anyone got an idea as to what she was trying to buy on Ahoo! Auctions?

I hope there will be more stuff about Kotori and maybe Mako - they both like (or at least liked) Asakura, but suddenly it doesn't seem that way?

By the way, is Da Capo currently being screened in Japan? Or as it been fully broadcast and the subbers are just taking their time to do the subbing?
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs