AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-19, 02:14   Link #7321
nooneagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
word of god is that Souske is 16/17 at the beginning of the story. since Tessa is roughly the same or younger than souske, Tessa is 28/27 in Fmp Another since she is born in 84 and it is currently 2011 in another , so i would assume Sosuke to be around that age as well.
FMP another is mostly unknown in the west so only Japanese and Chinese Wikia have comprehensive entries in them. Myanimelist is shit.
Also read my post about vol 1 on the last page for the description on most of the the MCs.
thanks...btw, what happened to tessa? is she married to another guy or in a relationship? btw, got any background for adelina? I haven't found her background in your vol1 discussion...(or maybe I skipped it haha sorry)
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 23:39   Link #7322
Yye1
Wide Right

Question, is there a pic of Tessa in Another?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 08:52   Link #7323
MisterBaka

Nope. She is only mentioned at some point.
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 00:29   Link #7324
Darthtabby

Quote:
word of god is that Souske is 16/17 at the beginning of the story. since Tessa is roughly the same or younger than souske, Tessa is 28/27 in Fmp Another since she is born in 84 and it is currently 2011 in another , so i would assume Sosuke to be around that age as well.
FMP another is mostly unknown in the west so only Japanese and Chinese Wikia have comprehensive entries in them. Myanimelist is shit.
Also read my post about vol 1 on the last page for the description on most of the the MCs.
Remember in the novels Tessa was born in 1981, not 1984. Also we know her Birthday -it's December 24. So she should be 29, assuming that what's taken place in Another thus far happens before Christmas Eve.

Spoiler for Discussion of Secret Hardware on the Raven Series:
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 16:39   Link #7325
MisterBaka

Geez. No posts for two months. By the way, Another volume 9 is out, and it has my Melissa Mao goodness in just the right way)
Old 2014-11-26, 18:12   Link #7326
psicomenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
Geez. No posts for two months. By the way, Another volume 9 is out, and it has my Melissa Mao goodness in just the right way)
Well it must be hard to keep talking with so few material in english (& even less in other languages like in my case in spanish ), anyway after a few months finally I received a new mail letting me know that there is new posts in this thread & is just to see it with almost no activity.
Well anyway I want to say really thank you very much @Angrypokstick for all that info, is really frustating to have almost not info from Another so all that info was like a spring in the desert (at least for me).
I will be more pending of this thread & definetly I will be expecting more new info about this so underrated story.
psicomenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 04:02   Link #7327
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Volume 9 of Another seems to be just a collection of short stories taking place after D.O.M.S was split. First story is about the D.O.M.S getting hired by Hollywood to act as tactical/military advisers and to provide stage extras for "authentic" military action scenes.
Mostly slice of life stuff. the second half of the novel deals with Mao's first encounter with Adelina in Caucasus region and how she convinced Adelina to come and work for her.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2015-01-10 at 03:28.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 04:27   Link #7328
MisterBaka

Soooo, it's been months.
An Volume 10 of Another came our yesterday.
I Am Sad.
Old 2015-02-21, 09:27   Link #7329
psicomenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
Soooo, it's been months.
An Volume 10 of Another came our yesterday.
I Am Sad.
Why? Do you already know some spoilers & something bad happens in the new novel?
psicomenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 02:16   Link #7330
MisterBaka

Nope. I'm just sad because after 4 years I still can't read any of Another, and there's been no news about anything.
It's like a little oblivion.
Old 2015-04-03, 18:50   Link #7331
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

SRW time.

unfortunately( or fortunately) all the budget went to the gundams.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2015-04-03 at 19:37.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 01:36   Link #7332
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

^Yeah, it's satisfying to finally able to see Laevatein moves, even if its animation is underwhelming compared to those made by Arios guy

Another thing beside the unit animation worth mentioning was how they handled FMP Fumoffu plot on Jigoku using character from other series. Too bad on Tengoku things got more serious so we didn't get as much FMP fun dose, but it's great seeing Gargantia's Chamber and Al hit it off

And the character's portraits are great too. They make it up for "downgrading" from using bust-sized portrait to small one with many interesting expressions
Images
FMP character portraits
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-04-07, 08:37   Link #7333
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
SRW time.
[...]

unfortunately( or fortunately) all the budget went to the gundams.
[...]
Too bad game-makers are interested in FMP, instead of anime-makers
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 23:52   Link #7334
Yye1
Wide Right

I enjoyed the fact they voiced the last lines of the novel in SRW, also Al`s question about being human.
Still laughing at Heero popping out of Bonta kun

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 13:19   Link #7335
amehmood16

There will be a FMP "Special Conference" event at Fantasia Bunko 2015 Festival on 10/24. Maybe it's finally time... Fourth time's the charm right?

amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 09:11   Link #7336
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by amehmood16 View Post
There will be a FMP "Special Conference" event at Fantasia Bunko 2015 Festival on 10/24. Maybe it's finally time... Fourth time's the charm right?
I've actually lost all hope regarding a new anime, but at least it's good to hear that there's still some FMP-related... stuff... going on.

Last edited by dasvik; 2015-10-29 at 10:37.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 13:17   Link #7337
amehmood16

Quote:

Event info updated today.

12:00-12:30: “Full Metal Panic! Special Conference”

Presenters: Shoji Gatou/Editor Morii and others

- The monumental light novel “Full Metal Panic!” has over 1.1 million copies in print. What will be announced at this special interview?! There’s no problem if FMP fans definitely watch this stage event! Please stay tuned!”
Old 2015-08-23, 03:26   Link #7338
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Event info updated today.

12:00-12:30: “Full Metal Panic! Special Conference”

Presenters: Shoji Gatou/Editor Morii and others

- The monumental light novel “Full Metal Panic!” has over 1.1 million copies in print. What will be announced at this special interview?! There’s no problem if FMP fans definitely watch this stage event! Please stay tuned!”
As much as I want to believe it, it has been far too long. Though if it happens, I'll definitely be pleasantly surprised.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-17, 11:46   Link #7339
amehmood16

More updates today. Dragon Magazine released a new statement talking about FMP and the special conference next month at the Fujimi Shobo Festival. They're hyping the event big time because the statement says they will announce something that will "make the crying FMP fans rejoice"

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/69829
Old 2015-09-17, 13:32   Link #7340
Sacredus

I would just say "Let it go! There will no more FMP anime", but that festival banner itself is interesting.

New Nobuna (series had been restarted so it have sense), Akashic Records of Itsuki Magic Instructor and "that series from bottom right corner that I don't know it's name" animated?

Last edited by Sacredus; 2015-09-17 at 13:50.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen