AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-25, 12:37   Link #1761
勝利は単純な魂の中に

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's impossible. Currently the manga is set before Mikoto's fake date with Touma. There's no way we're past Remnant yet.

Also, the shy expression from that hospital patient doesn't look like something Kuroko would do.
According to the caption on the left it's definitely Kuroko. Seems like she was hurt on the job too...

Anyways first level 5 to have zettai ryouiki. Awesome.

Looks like she tried to take control of Mikoto but it didn't work because of her electromagnetic barrier.

Last edited by Avatar of Dreams; 2011-05-25 at 13:06.
Old 2011-05-25, 13:31   Link #1762
Miraluka
Banned

I hope this Queen isn't just a decoy used by the Level 5 Mental Out to deceive those interested on her .
Old 2011-05-25, 14:21   Link #1763
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
No... no we're not. Has it even been confirmed that it was Kuroko on the hospital bed?
She is the narrator for that scene, so yes.
Old 2011-05-25, 15:05   Link #1764
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Some spoilers are out already from chapter 41:
Spoiler for images:

The name of the queen was revealed - Shokuhou Misaki
From the images she looks like a "mischievous" person (if that is the correct expression to describe it), I expected more of a psycho character, considering her ability.

If in the first image (that one with hospital scene) is Kuroko, then even remnant was skipped.

Quite sad that autor decided to cut off Kuroko, Uiharu, Saten from any possible involvements, I really get to like their characters.
She's got a nice rack
She looks like the type of person to gloat about her breast being bigger than Misaka's.

Anyways, she looks cool. I always loved her types.
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-05-25, 17:19   Link #1765
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
- I also didn't expected her to be like this, a person that can constantly read other people minds, I supposed would be without her own emotions, something like the closed, thinking type, that does not like to express emotions, adding the "rich oujo" to it could make for a nice psycho character.
If she can control her powers, she shouldn't be needlessly hearing other people's thoughts.
Old 2011-05-25, 22:05   Link #1766
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
- I also didn't expected her to be like this, a person that can constantly read other people minds, I supposed would be without her own emotions, something like the closed, thinking type, that does not like to express emotions, adding the "rich oujo" to it could make for a nice psycho character.
Laura Stuart tells you something?
Old 2011-05-26, 03:09   Link #1767
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
She's got a nice rack
She looks like the type of person to gloat about her breast being bigger than Misaka's.

Anyways, she looks cool. I always loved her types.
What happened in the last picture ? nvm, didn't read the last page
And yeah...she had quite an unexpected appearance Mikoto's seems genuinely pissed about her so I guess she's the real one..?

Old 2011-05-26, 07:18   Link #1768
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
On the contrary, it's Mikoto who's conscious of the size difference ("Really a middle school student?")

Interestingly enough, the name Misaki means "Wish for control".

And finally.... Tsumugi moved to Academy City?
Old 2011-05-26, 07:24   Link #1769
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
On the contrary, it's Mikoto who's conscious of the size difference ("Really a middle school student?")

Interestingly enough, the name Misaki means "Wish for control".

And finally.... Tsumugi moved to Academy City?

Oh god, the images! HNNNNNNNNG! YES YES YES BWHAHAHAHA!

[Nose Blowout]

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-05-26, 07:29   Link #1770
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post

Oh god, the images! HNNNNNNNNG! YES YES YES BWHAHAHAHA!

[Nose Blowout]
Which part, the breast comment or Tsumugi?

Actually, scratch that. At this point, making Misaki a dominating seme would be too much for most people.
Old 2011-05-28, 00:23   Link #1771
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
No... no we're not. Has it even been confirmed that it was Kuroko on the hospital bed?

We're still before Touma's fate date with Mikoto and run in with the Aztec magician. There's no way that we're past Remnant already.

The Aztec guy dropped his Unabara Mitsuki identity after he attacked Touma. The real Mitsuki hasn't shown to be interested in Mikoto, and even if he was, he was wounded and most likely sent to the hospital.
It's indeed Kuroko, but that doesn't mean the injury we see is the same ones we see in the LN.
Old 2011-05-28, 00:39   Link #1772
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
It's indeed Kuroko, but that doesn't mean the injury we see is the same ones we see in the LN.
I don't think there's another incident where Kuroko was injured badly enough to land in the hospital... Is there?
Old 2011-05-28, 01:11   Link #1773
勝利は単純な魂の中に

A few more spoiler images out. Seems Misaki takes control of the entire library briefly (and wipes their memories afterwards) as a warning to Mikoto to not trepass her territory. It looks like she uses some sort of remote control to utilize her power. Maybe that's why it has no effect on Mikoto.

Also she hints that she might not really be a middle school student (due to her power's capabilities).
Old 2011-05-28, 03:17   Link #1774
Flere821
Lurker

Just read the chapter in Chinese - the 'hint' that Misaki isn't a middle school student is only because

Spoiler for lol:

Although Misaka did say with her ability she can change it any time she wants to.
Old 2011-05-28, 03:21   Link #1775
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't think there's another incident where Kuroko was injured badly enough to land in the hospital... Is there?
Kuroko is a part of Judgment. As with any law enforcement agency, they will have do dangerous work every now and then. She was injured in a bank robbing incident when she was younger, and she was also injured fighting someone way back during the Level Upper arc.

It's not unreasonable to think that she could have been injured in an unrelated incident.
Old 2011-05-28, 03:31   Link #1776
tsunade666

uwaaa

Just saw the chapter 41 of Railgun.

Misaki-sama scary.
Spoiler for 41:

She's kinda cute with starry eyes.
Old 2011-05-28, 04:03   Link #1777
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Spoiler for 41:
Spoiler:

BTW, I thought that the "building" were Misaka studied was strictly a middle school (it is called Tokiwadai middle school, isn't it?), so people coursing through high school there should be impossible.

Quote:
It's not unreasonable to think that she could have been injured in an unrelated incident.
By nature Kuroko doesn't tell Misaka when she gets injured. And to be honest during the whole railgun manga she hasn't had it so bad that she needed to end up in the hospital. From the reader's perspective the only one that managed to pull that off was Awaki

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-10-17 at 09:55.
Old 2011-05-28, 04:42   Link #1778
tsunade666

The current time of Railgun manga matches too the introduction of kongou mitsuko and right it's mitsuko my bad okashira. So the injuries of Kuroko might be a sign on when this happen but it's not yet translated in English so I'm not sure.
Old 2011-05-28, 06:52   Link #1779
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Just read the chapter in Chinese - the 'hint' that Misaki isn't a middle school student is only because

Spoiler for lol:

Although Misaka did say with her ability she can change it any time she wants to.
Change...What? Her bust size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar of Dreams View Post
A few more spoiler images out. Seems Misaki takes control of the entire library briefly (and wipes their memories afterwards) as a warning to Mikoto to not trepass her territory.
It's not so much as trespass, she just warned Mikoto not to try anything fun on her turf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar of Dreams View Post
It looks like she uses some sort of remote control to utilize her power. Maybe that's why it has no effect on Mikoto.
That's an odd little thing, I certainly wasn't expecting a remote to be some kind of focal point for her ability... Or however she's using it...

And damn, she even got the starry eyes?! FUKUI Yukari is totally going to be her VA

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-05-28 at 07:15.
Old 2011-05-28, 11:32   Link #1780
Sumeragi
Banned

From the Chinese scanlation, I got it that Misaki doesn't like Mikoto for being friendly with students that don't belong to a faction. Seems like the Queen is jealous of Mikoto's overarching friendliness.

Also, something I noticed: Misaki says "Pi" when Mental Out is activated. It could be that it's a keyword for when Misaki wants to use Mental Out. At the same time, there are two possible ways she had been attempting to use it on Mikoto: by tapping on the shoulder, or by putting her hand into her shoulder bag. I'm not sure how Mental Out is originally done, but it seems it has the capability to be used on those by the use of "Pi" when the person was previously under her control.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen