Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-21, 15:22   Link #281
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
so this is just a speculation not real facts right? something you put up with everything we seen so far?
You should pay little more attention on story when you read it and sometimes bother to read Odas Q&A (SBS's). All of these has been stated and shown previously on story.

Google is your friend when you try to find Oda's Q&A's
Old 2010-02-21, 16:28   Link #282
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Once again, I agree... Blackbeard is a dangerous man, no doubt, but scarring Shanks doesn't mean defeating him, nor does it mean that he's as strong as Shanks or anybody thereabouts in terms of power. Zoro scarred Kuma.... does that mean he's as strong as him or even near his level?
First off, if i recall Zoro never scarred Kuma... all he did was cut though his clothing
Second of all, Kuma did underestimate Zoro, he dropped his guard assuming he was down for good; Shanks however was making it clear that he did not drop his guard or get careless... Could he have beaten shanks back then, probably not, but he did enough to put a scare into him as to how dangerous he would become
Old 2010-02-21, 16:36   Link #283
james0246

^Additionally, Whitebeard's very reluctance in letting any of his "sons" go off to try and bring Blackbeard back should be more than sufficient evidence that Blackbeard is bad news.
Old 2010-02-21, 18:48   Link #284
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Additionally, Whitebeard's very reluctance in letting any of his "sons" go off to try and bring Blackbeard back should be more than sufficient evidence that Blackbeard is bad news.
From the translation I read he was reluctant to let them go capture him because "he had a bad feeling about it" which to me doesn't seem like he thinks his sons can't take BB on but he just had a bad feeling about what would happen if they try.

But yeah BB is strong with 1 hit he almost broke Ace's neck but my question is how he got pierced with TWO FLAMING SPEARS IN THE TORSO when he cant let objects phase through him and still survive to beat Ace. Not only might they pierce vitals when they pierce it they will start burning them from the inside, Im not even sure Luffy could survive that and that is saying something.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-02-21, 19:02   Link #285
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
First off, if i recall Zoro never scarred Kuma... all he did was cut though his clothing
Second of all, Kuma did underestimate Zoro, he dropped his guard assuming he was down for good; Shanks however was making it clear that he did not drop his guard or get careless... Could he have beaten shanks back then, probably not, but he did enough to put a scare into him as to how dangerous he would become
You could be right... from the manga it's hard to tell. I saw the anime recently, and it looked like he pierced some of the metal on his arm, but I could be wrong. Also, it's not that Kuma underestimated Zoro so much as he kind of came out of nowhere. In any case, it's inconsequential. My point is just cuz you can scar someone beastly doesn't mean you're as beastly or as powerful or even anywhere near the person's level. It's a merit for Blackbeard's talent, but it's not THAT decisive that we suddenly promote him to near Shank's equal.
Old 2010-02-21, 19:21   Link #286
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

So Teach finally shows himself, and now he's got some new friends to back him up...I think we all know what's going to happen next
Old 2010-02-21, 19:33   Link #287
janipani

I can't understand how it so difficult to accept, that BB has major role in this manga?

I see BB as one who knows his limits well and can be danger to anyone in OP. If not by strength, then it's by strategy. Ace went down by both reasons. BB was enough strong to take him on and enough sly to provoke him in to careless actions. BB knew his weakness. Even after Ace was saved he died because he was too hot headed, again.

I don't say that BB would be strongest in this manga, but he is most vicious and most dangerous character. He can scar Shanks, He can capture Ace alive and He can escape from Impel Down not mention that he can hunt down big pirates as hobby.

Better just accept that he either is or is going to be strongest challenge for luffy and whole OP world. Before facing him, Luffy is probably going to face many other big and strong opponents and BB will be left behind the scenes for long periods of time after this arc is done with.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-02-21, 20:21   Link #288
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Its not that I'm underestimating him, its more like you guys are overestimating him.
Like James said, I'll wait till the next chapter to say anything else.
Old 2010-02-21, 20:27   Link #289
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

On an unrelated note, anybody else ever wonder how Chopper's hat grows when he goes Monster Point?
Old 2010-02-21, 20:34   Link #290
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Its not that I'm underestimating him, its more like you guys are overestimating him.
Like James said, I'll wait till the next chapter to say anything else.
Where do you base that?

Old 2010-02-21, 20:40   Link #291
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
On an unrelated note, anybody else ever wonder how Chopper's hat grows when he goes Monster Point?
:rofl
Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Where do you base that?
The fact that you guys are even considering him to be a Yonkou-level pirate already.
Quote:
Better just accept that he either is or is going to be strongest challenge for luffy and whole OP world. Before facing him, Luffy is probably going to face many other big and strong opponents and BB will be left behind the scenes for long periods of time after this arc is done with.
That's what I'm talking about.
Old 2010-02-21, 20:46   Link #292
janipani

Which level he should be rated then? And actually I rate him above Luffy but under Yonkou... I think he is just strongest of developing forces as Yonkou are falling stars.

Old 2010-02-21, 21:11   Link #293
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

I think Blackbeard should be rated as a Shichibukai, which he is. And as a Shichibukai, I think he's intermediate level. In other words, I think he's more powerful than some and weaker than some others (Doflamingo, Mihawk, etc.). Beyond that, I don't think he's near Yonkou level yet. I don't think he's Admiral level either (he DID get rocked by Magellan). There're probably some Vice Admirals he could take.... and that's where I would cap him.

What makes Blackbeard dangerous is his conniving and his ambition. As for his physical abilities, I haven't been impressed that much to rate him higher than I do right now.
Old 2010-02-21, 21:53   Link #294
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Which level he should be rated then? And actually I rate him above Luffy but under Yonkou... I think he is just strongest of developing forces as Yonkou are falling stars.
You haven't even seen the abilities of the many other pirates that are in the New World. The Supernovas will develop nicely too.

For example, if Bonny turned Blackbeard into a kid, he'll get his ass kicked.
Old 2010-02-21, 22:11   Link #295
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
You should pay little more attention on story when you read it and sometimes bother to read Odas Q&A (SBS's). All of these has been stated and shown previously on story.

Google is your friend when you try to find Oda's Q&A's
Well fair enough I do not read Oda's Q&A's. I do not re-watch or re-read any of the older stuff so i can't remember every detail that happened in in the story.

Still I come here and I read what other people have learned and from them I gain my own knowledge on the subject .

So thank you for clearing that one out for me. Very interesting info indeed. I'll bear that in mind .

Last edited by john_kun; 2010-02-21 at 23:29.
Old 2010-02-21, 22:14   Link #296
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
For example, if Bonny turned Blackbeard into a kid, he'll get his ass kicked.
You sure about that?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
After Googling, found the original along with some hilarious Vipper edits . The Vader is a personal favorite : )

Spoiler for space:

But yeah I agree with the Supernova part but they have really interesting abilities that are hard to fight against like Law's room ability, Bonny's ability etc....

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-02-21, 23:41   Link #297
Slayerx

Quote:
[
For example, if Bonny turned Blackbeard into a kid, he'll get his ass kicked.[/CENTER]
Ya that's actually a bit of a broken argument right there
to put it simply, what would Whitebeard do is the same situation?

Bonny's powers appear to be hax to the point where even the strongest man would not be able to do anything... but are they hax, or do we just not know enough about them? frankly i imagine BB being able to suck her in and grab a hold of her before she even has a chance to use abilities and take her out in one shot

I think one big wild card is haki... you have a big enough haki, and you can potential block or shake off the effects of evil fruit. Such as how the admirals were able to block whitebeard's quake, or how rayleih was able to touch Kizaru... If blackbeard's got a strong enough Haki, he may be able to resist the effects of lil' Bonny's devil fruit
Old 2010-02-22, 00:16   Link #298
Ermes Marana

Kid Blackbeard would still beat Bonny at any of the ages we have seen her use. Even small he would still have his devil fruit powers.

The bigger problem is that she can also make people older, possibly aging them so they die of old age.

We don't know exactly how her ability works though. How long does the aging process take? Blackbeard may notice he is aging, and be able to attack her before she finishes aging him.
Old 2010-02-22, 01:30   Link #299
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, that is the problem with Blackbeard, he never seems to realize when he's about to get attacked, seeing as he got hit by Ace's Fire Fist, Luffy's Jet Pistol, and even Magellan's poison.

That aside, Blackbeard is extremely powerful, and knows what he's doing. If we recall, he WAS the one who put the scars on Shank's face~
Old 2010-02-22, 02:30   Link #300
Kurohitsugi

Quote:
That aside, Blackbeard is extremely powerful, and knows what he's doing. If we recall, he WAS the one who put the scars on Shank's face~
And this without his DF back then. Probably his DF powers are just the icing on the cake.
Closed Thread