AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 10:12   Link #1081
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
But "Depths of Hell"? Obviously that episode has to cover the 75th floor battle with the ending likely to follow an episode later, but what's with that title? The only thing that comes to mind is if they defeat the 75th floor boss and then end on a cliffhanger as Kirito strikes Heathcliff and everyone sees "immortal object" or thereabout.
That's basically what I'm figuring. Fishing event, get called back for the boss fight, boss fight, Heathcliff reveal.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 10:46   Link #1082
dmaxzero

I ll be seriously pissed if the anime changes the way the Gleam eyes demon is defeated....
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 10:52   Link #1083
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
I ll be seriously pissed if the anime changes the way the Gleam eyes demon is defeated....
I'm sure all light novel readers would be, honestly..
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:15   Link #1084
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Chance of that happening is slim at best, but if more and more people keep say this, the anime OP might actually become real you know? Besides, misleading OP is better than spoiler OP for anime only viewers.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:40   Link #1085
Clarste
Human

I doubt this very much, but "The Depths of Hell" makes me think of the bonus dungeon on the first floor where they encountered the unkillable Grim Reaper boss. It's the bottom of the castle and it's hellish. I think that's too many episodes for the Yui storyline though.

If we're talking metaphorically though, it could be pretty much anything. It could even be a Laughing Coffin crusade (obviously that changes the timeline a bit, but I don't see it as outside the realm of possibility).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 12:43   Link #1086
Xacual

I'm assuming "The Depths of Hell" is going to end at the group entering the boss room and then Skullreaper coming out and one shotting those two players. End with the same scene as the light novel image.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...l_01_-_299.jpg

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 12:56   Link #1087
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Besides, misleading OP is better than spoiler OP for anime only viewers.
I don't think there are many anime only viewers in Japan. Most of those guys probably already got the LN by now.

I vote for change. I want to see Kirito and Asuna tag teaming the thing.
Old 2012-08-28, 12:58   Link #1088
Clarste
Human

It messes up the plot if they do that though. The important result of this battle is that Kirito's Dual Wielding is made public knowledge. If only Asuna saw him do it then we'd have to assume that Asuna is the one spreading the rumors. Which seems a bit out of character. She seems like the person who would respect his desire to keep it a secret if he asked her to.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 13:01   Link #1089
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It messes up the plot if they do that though.
There are many ways to get around that. If they do want to do it, I don't think it would be much of a problem for a professional script writer really.
Old 2012-08-28, 16:50   Link #1090
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Love this development so much.

Does that mean they're going all the way to 15 episodes or just 13? Although having continuous airing of SAO episodes each week would be nice.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 17:07   Link #1091
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Love this development so much.

Does that mean they're going all the way to 15 episodes or just 13? Although having continuous airing of SAO episodes each week would be nice.
According to wikipedia, there are 25 episodes, so there are 17 episodes left, though some of them are for the ALO arc.

Personally, I expect SAO to conclude by ~14 episode.
Ep.9 starts with the 74th boss and ends with Heathcliff duel.
Ep.10 starts with joining KoB and ending with Kradil poisoning Kirito
Ep.11 Kradil conclusion, marriage + Yui SS
Ep.12 Fishing and getting called back to frontline
Ep.13 75th boss and Heathcliff=Kayaba discovery
Ep.14 Heathcliff vs Kirito and epilogue

Last edited by Awrya; 2012-08-28 at 17:18.
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 19:14   Link #1092
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

So we are going past volume two!? I have a bad feeling that a lot of rushing is going to occur.
Old 2012-08-28, 19:38   Link #1093
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So we are going past volume two!? I have a bad feeling that a lot of rushing is going to occur.
Correct; they seem to plan on animating Fairy Dance. As for rushing.. we'll see; the FD arc is shorter than the Aincrad arc and I feel the studio could cut some of the material without there being any drastic consequences later on.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 21:57   Link #1094
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Personally, I expect SAO to conclude by ~14 episode.
Ep.9 starts with the 74th boss and ends with Heathcliff duel.
Ep.10 starts with joining KoB and ending with Kradil poisoning Kirito
Ep.11 Kradil conclusion, marriage + Yui SS
Ep.12 Fishing and getting called back to frontline
Ep.13 75th boss and Heathcliff=Kayaba discovery
Ep.14 Heathcliff vs Kirito and epilogue
Ep. 10 doesn't sound like it has enough content, and we know from the announced titles that ep. 12 is a continuation of the Yui story. My prediction:

Ep. 9: 74th Floor Boss Fight and Heathcliff duel.
Ep .10: Kirito as Bloodknight, Kuradeel's betrayal, a battle with the Laughing Coffins in which Kirito kills PoH, and Kirito and Asuna running off to get married.
Ep. 11: Honey moon and first part of Yui SS (up until the shoving match with the Army is my guess)
Ep. 12: Second part of Yui SS.
Ep. 13: Fishing, return to the front lines, 75th Floor Boss Fight. "Immortal Object".
Ep. 14: Kirito explaining his deduction, Kayaba explaining his plan, the final battle, the destruction of Aincrad and Kirito waking up in the hospital.

Quote:
Yeah, Ayana Taketatsu was announced as Lyfa with the rest of the cast, so there's never been any doubt that they'd get to ALO. As long as they don't try to cram GGO in as well, I don't see an issue with rushing -- ten or eleven episodes is more than enough.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:07   Link #1095
melina_putri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Correct; they seem to plan on animating Fairy Dance. As for rushing.. we'll see; the FD arc is shorter than the Aincrad arc and I feel the studio could cut some of the material without there being any drastic consequences later on.
The 2nd Ending song title "Overfly" pretty much confirmed Fairy Dance/ALO is going to be animated.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:12   Link #1096
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
In that case, shouldn't it be more effective to say it on the respective thread instead of here though? Not all of the LN readers who were leaking spoilers there be in this thread that often since this thread freeze when there's no discussion while the anime thread keeps going on discussions and makes the LN readers who's leaking spoilers busy there instead of coming here
I cannot say it on that thread because by doing so, it will reveal that some of the 'speculations' are spoilers and this will result in immediate spoiling.

Yes I will report it, but I can't do it alone. Because I need to trace back the thread to prove that they use their LN knowledge to discuss rather than riding on the speculations of others. And another thing is I'm not as hardcore as you guys to remember all the little details so I sometimes can't tell whether an 'inference' is a true inference or already available in the LN.

Anyway, if you are an LN reader (not speaking to anyone in particular), you can discuss about the episode in the episode thread, but you've basically lost the right to participate in debates, discussions, or asking critical questions to point out the flaws of what other people think by providing speculative knowledge not available in the episode in your questions, because it's impossible for you to discuss things unbiased. Once people know you are an LN reader, your discussion post will either be a 'troll' post or a 'spoil' post, but either way, they spoil. If you are using what's presented in the anime, it might be a different story as long as there is no speculative knowledge which can be supposedly inferred from the anime episode involved, since you already 'know', you can't pretend that you are making inferences.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:27   Link #1097
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Ep. 10 doesn't sound like it has enough content, and we know from the announced titles that ep. 12 is a continuation of the Yui story. My prediction:

Ep .10: Kirito as Bloodknight, Kuradeel's betrayal, a battle with the Laughing Coffins in which Kirito kills PoH, and Kirito and Asuna running off to get married.
Ep. 11: Honey moon and first part of Yui SS (up until the shoving match with the Army is my guess)
Ep. 13: Fishing, return to the front lines, 75th Floor Boss Fight. "Immortal Object".
Ep. 14: Kirito explaining his deduction, Kayaba explaining his plan, the final battle, the destruction of Aincrad and Kirito waking up in the hospital.

Yeah, Ayana Taketatsu was announced as Lyfa with the rest of the cast, so there's never been any doubt that they'd get to ALO. As long as they don't try to cram GGO in as well, I don't see an issue with rushing -- ten or eleven episodes is more than enough.
That sounds about right, but I think episode 8 will be the boss fight with Gleam Eyes. Episode 13 and 14 might have some rushing since you can't really separate them into individual episodes. I want them to have their own eps since they are such key parts and should have their own attention, but it's just tough to time it all.

And I think they can do ALO (obviously they are, but I'm approving it now haha), now that I think about it. There was a lot of angst content from Lyfa that I really could have done without.
Old 2012-08-29, 00:03   Link #1098
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

there will be no PoH killing.
Old 2012-08-29, 00:27   Link #1099
sky black swordman

Quote:
That sounds about right, but I think episode 8 will be the boss fight with Gleam Eyes.
You do know that Episode 8 came out on the 25 right?
Quote:

I think Episode 9 is right but just add this part from Episode 10.
Old 2012-08-29, 04:13   Link #1100
sky black swordman

Well guys the PV for Episode 9 is out.
And from what I saw its only about the boss fight against Gleam Eyes.
http://www.swordart-online.net/story/index09.html