AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-03-22, 01:14   Link #13081
Outlaender

Re: Higurashi ending

Well, you reminded me of why I didn't watch Higurashi.
I did end up watching the last episode of "School Days", and took a look
at the game endings on youtube. This sort of thing is just... Well done,
in any case.
Outlaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 02:31   Link #13082
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not my piece of cake. I mean it was creepy in a good way to read once in a while, but definitely not something I'd like to keep reading too often.

I think it's not so much the fact that they're killing eachother but more the extremely creepy way they're doing it. *feels another shudder crawling up his spine*
Yeah I ended up feeling similarly here. Just not my thing and I actually liked Higurashi as a whole. Mostly the good times in that show and less the terrifying death .

From my point of view it was pretty well written. Just not the kind of story I'd read that often. Somehow never got that into characters you like brutally killing each other. I need to go watch something cheerful now .
Old 2009-03-22, 04:02   Link #13083
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I need to give mad kudos to -Fate- for the work done with the Teana fic. The manga insert is far beyond any expectation. This place is crawling with people that make us mortal feel inadequate by far...

In light of this spirit of escalating expectation with fanfics, I have to get my lazy ass together and start doing drawing the only way I know how... shameless ripoff from what others have done and do it dirty using the magics of vector. Here's a Wendi in Clannoha. To be honest, I am not even sure about casting... hehe.

I am not done with this yet, but I am lazy. Therefore, here's this piss-poor excuse of a piece for people to chew me out! I have no idea what Wendi should actually be holding at any rate so suggest something I guess.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2009-03-23 at 09:29.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 10:29   Link #13084
Outlaender

Re: To Walk before to Run

Spoiler for To Walk before to Run:

Well done! I haven't seen many fics dealing with Nanoha's patrol incident,
and it's aftermath. Hayate is a great character for helping Nanoha to deal
with her disabillities, seeing as how she spent years in a wheelchair, and then
finally convalescing and going through rehabilitation. From all that I've heard about that sort of thing, it's pretty much pure hell when there's a large amount of recovery to be done. This humble poster is in fact trying to write a fic around Nanoha's incident, but trying to focus more on earthside.
Old 2009-03-22, 11:05   Link #13085
Outlaender

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
Spoiler for Teada Lanster:
This was a great short- I love how you managed to fit all sorts of implied backround- Fate being mostly in uniform these days (major deployments/operations going on? ), Nanoha becoming a defining legend for
the air force (like Chesty Puller, USMC), so much so that the people trained by
her have their own "unofficial" designation, Vivio following in her mother's footsteps and apparently being successful, Subaru being her over-the-top self, and even more so . And best of all, the long overdue rehabilitation of one of the TSAB's own.

The motivation behind this story:

Quote:

In StrikerS, we find out that Teana’s brother was pretty much disowned for his apparent failure before his death. This always struck me as a raw deal – the poor man fell in battle, but nobody acknowledged that were it not for him, the criminal he was chasing would probably have escaped. The criminal was eventually caught by ground forces, not the best and brightest of the lot, so it is not unreasonable to infer that the air force mage gave as good as he got and at least crippled the criminal before he got away.

Spoiler for snip:

Heh, an entire generation of flight mages fondly recalling the time "Nanoha Mama" kicked their asses and straightened their spines...

Spoiler for snip:

Heavy Land Assault... right... How many women are in Hayate's new unit? Or at least how many female officers?

I did find it interesting that in one of the last scanlated StrikerS manga chapters, that Hayate expresses her own dissatisfaction with her performance as a commander, and her intention to give up command. She's then told that you can only learn to command by commanding, and that she should make sure to learn from her mistakes.

enjoyable overall, in any case.

Last edited by Outlaender; 2009-03-22 at 12:03. Reason: length
Old 2009-03-22, 11:32   Link #13086
Outlaender

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post

After those two fics, maybe I should save this for tomorrow, but heck with it; here's the latest draft chapter of Stahlkönigin for your reading pleasure. Oh, and Vivio and Vita return in the chapter after this one, just in case anyone's getting annoyed about a Nanoha fic with two straight chapters with nothing but OCs on-stage.
[SPOILER="Length of posting"]
No complaints from me, since the needs of the story should dictate the comings and goings of the characters.

Quote:
Spoiler for Stahlkönigin--Chapter 12:
Spoiler for Stahlkönigin--Chapter 12:

Last edited by Outlaender; 2009-03-22 at 12:01. Reason: Length
Old 2009-03-22, 11:36   Link #13087
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Dude. There's An edit button and a spoiler button for a reason. Please don't make me have to scroll past your wall of quotes and there's no need for three posts.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 15:21   Link #13088
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Bah. Filler chapters kill me for some reason. Even when I'm trying to develop the characters.

Spoiler for Bless the Broken Road: Healing:
Filler? You call this filler? *thwaps RB with large trout*

First off, you've finally provided some solid details about just what's got Fiasse so torqued at the TSAB; generic Evil Administrative Government Bureaucrats behind it--indeed, it seems apropos that Al's "superior officers" don't even get names; they're not really people, after all, more like...symptoms of a problem called "power corrupts."

(I wonder, given everyone's ages, and the fact that more than likely the "implanted core" project blew up in everyone's faces--both through, say, Al and Lindy going off on them and the apparent side effects that Elise is now suffering through, which you highlighted in earlier chapters as well at the end of the motorcycle scene here--if this resulted in more black-budget TSAB funding being directed towards Jail and/or Precia, which in turn would mean that the actions of Lindy and Al in the past are indirectly part of how Fate came to exist?)

It's nice to start getting some answers to all the questions and mysteries posed in earlier chapters, since it appears from the Zarf scene as well as the familiar scene that it's about time for the clash of forces to begin in earnest (I like how Blaze and Fury have distinct personalities, even though they're basically bit players).

Yuuno picking the door lock was the best part of the Fate/Hayate/Yuuno scene, though Hayate recognizing Fate's "fake smile" issue was good too. That reminds me of how Fate would act with Arf in MGLN about Precia; she and Nanoha are very similar in how they both want to hold their pain inside, although they act in very different ways while doing it.

Miyuki cheering up Fiasse seemed a little abrupt; while loved ones can offer comfort without necessarily getting to the point of the problem, Fiasse seemed too happy too quickly without ever getting around to the point of why she was so upset in the first place (meaning that whatever issues had her down didn't get addressed). That's probably the weakest scene in this chapter.

Zafira recognizing that Arf wasn't asleep was one of those cute little touches and feels right. I myself can always tell the point at which my wife goes from "relaxed" to "asleep," so the comment felt "true."

I totally forgot who Iria was, though.

Last edited by DezoPenguin; 2009-03-22 at 15:27. Reason: Um...I mistyped "thwap" *blush*
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 18:56   Link #13089
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Remaking to an index post.

This index is not being updated anymore. All updates will from here on be made in this post:KoE OCT Index

Series

Shorts (Providing more info on certain events)
OC
Information

-----------------------------------
With the announcement of manga S4, me wanting to create a good OC and having a lot of ideas with mythological references...this is the comeback.

Profile: Sigrid It's not needed to read it as the fic will explain it, but it's more of a summary.

Knight of Exodus

Spoiler for Prologue:

Spoiler for Chapter 1 The Knight of Exodus:

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2009-06-20 at 17:29.
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 20:43   Link #13090
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

More Two and a Half Women moments...

Spoiler for A Two and a Half Women moment...2:

Spoiler for A Two and a Half Women moment...3:

Spoiler for Authors Notes...:
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 07:11   Link #13091
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
Ya know what?! F all y'all! Fine, I shall comply to honor my name, but I’ll start with the least voted first. So, in the order of what I think the results were: 1) Negima!? 2) Hirgurashi 3) Evangelion 4) Bible Black 5) DMC!!!

Go ahead and pop me a PM to get on the waiting list for the lemon. It won’t be posted here or anywhere for that matter, so even you lurkers need to hit me up if you want it. Let’s see if I can get all of these done by the end of the weekend.

Spoiler for Origins:

But I digress, back to the task at hand.

The Set-up and Choices

Spoiler for The Negima!? Ending:
Sweet, sweet crack. MMM!! (this is one of the causes of strange noises in the night...)

...and how exactly does a shower resonate, may I ask? Send love this waaaay~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Ah the sweet stench of crack *also sees what you did thar* I'd ask you to marry me but I don't want lute and Yui to kill me. PS: If you feel like it come visit us at the FFC located in Satashi's sig.
Oh I wouldn't *kill* you...mufufufufu (more strange noises at ungodly hours)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
It's infected my brain (in a good way:3 it's one thing I don't really want to leave my brain.)

And quick post before school

Part 1

Spoiler for The still currently unnamed thing p2:

*skips off to school.
Actually, I think I *have* signed something without reading it just because I knew it was a dream. Talk about escapism. I get the feeling Dezo-Pengu might do the same

@Alavon LOL Precia was gold!

Looks like i forgot the coke part of my rum and coke...
yuiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 08:19   Link #13092
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Stahlkönigin--Chapter 12
Spoiler for I probably say too much to not hide this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Knight of Exodus
I really really realy like this. What's the language of the Device she uses? German/Belkan?

Why is Chrono's ship called the Arc-en-Ciel? Did you change any of the history we know of MGLN, or other than your Obviously Invented SocietyTM, everything's what we know and love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
More Two and a Half Women moments...
Well, I enjoy them. Fate as Charlie and everything that implies is . Also the effective toning down of Precia, making her a more subdued evil
Old 2009-03-23, 08:50   Link #13093
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I really really realy like this. What's the language of the Device she uses? German/Belkan?
It's (something akin to) Swedish. Sigrid herself has an accent coming from norwegian/swedish, I have not determined that.

Seeing how Beskanti is a world unknown to the rest of Mid and even Earth, I can't "define" their languages by existing ones, but I made some sort of hybrid of what I wanted.

Quote:
Why is Chrono's ship called the Arc-en-Ciel? Did you change any of the history we know of MGLN, or other than your Obviously Invented SocietyTM, everything's what we know and love?
A rather big human error. I mistook Arc-en-Ciel for the Arthra and didn't know Chrono even commanded another ship.

Changing to the Claudia, which is canon standard.

Old 2009-03-23, 14:22   Link #13094
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

I'm finally not too busy! Yay!

Spoiler for Feeling emo...:

Spoiler for Author's Notes...:

Quote:
With the announcement of manga S4, me wanting to create a good OC and having a lot of ideas with mythological references...this is the comeback.

Profile: Sigrid It's not needed to read it as the fic will explain it, but it's more of a summary.

Knight of Exodus

Spoiler for Prologue:

Spoiler for Arc 1 - Under The Sign Of The Sword:

This is getting pretty intense! I really wish that 7arcs could do something like this.
We need more information about Mid-Childa's past.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 15:24   Link #13095
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
I'm finally not too busy! Yay!

Spoiler for Feeling emo...:

Spoiler for Author's Notes...:
Looks fine to me, but it's a bit short and I feel like I have read this same scene a pair of times before.

About Blind, I agree. It's a great fic ^^

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 15:27   Link #13096
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Post Fic Bunnies: Laguna and Vice

*Falls out of the LURK!*

Ack, gotta work on that landing. Anyways, sorry, but this is pretty much a repost of my prospectus from over in the Relationships thread...which is presently going through another floog storm, so I figured I'd try to shop it here.

Here's the idea:

Laguna and Vice, 'cause I honestly wanna hear some theories about those two. Best of my knowledge, there was nothing about Vice's parents or family mentioned at all in the show. Shoot, Laguna practically came out of left field, so there is a lot you could do with the two characters leading up to the Sniping Incident.

For starters, I don't think there's any concrete info on Vice's background, so it wouldn't be stretch at all to make him a "bad boy" from birth (the voice actor helps). Being an orphan only spurned this further, and seeing how he'd never be able to quite fit in as a model citizen (getting told this by a pissed off, zealous preacher didn't help either -- hence "Vice"), he figured being a hotshot in the Bureau was a good way as any to get out of the slums and make a name for himself. Getting into the sniping program only helped to enhance his image per say.

Now, years down the line later, here comes the kicker, which brings us into Jousei / Clannad territory, that is the single bachelor raising up a kid by himself: Laguna enters the picture.

I guess, it's assumed she's blood related, but it doesn't hurt either, if she isn't. She could have been some waif in some failed state, a warzone, or just out in the streets, with her own circumstances, picked up by his folks as a surrogate daughter. But can you imagine what this little tornado is going to do to Bad Boy Vice? In fact, the fact she exists at all is a hint that his folks were still alive up to a point (or could still be). I'll leave it to you all to extrapolate.

Bottom line, there is a lot of fun and drama to be had here. Is he going to do the right thing and clean up his image into something of a sorta role model? Or is he going to need a kick to the pants before he gets his priorities straight? Plus, there is Laguna's side of the story too.

Thus, it makes the inevitable tragedy all the more dramatic.

As far as resolution goes, well, you could take the easy way out and go by cannon, which somehow the situation was resolved offscreen, I believe. On the other hand, there is potential to turn this into some pretty GAR / RAG / Metal Gear Solid / Tista / Black Lagoon messed up, epic stuff.

That's pretty much my pitch. Let's see what you all got or what is cannon for that matter.

*Is swallowed by the LURK!*
Old 2009-03-23, 16:28   Link #13097
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:

Knight of Exodus

Spoiler for Prologue:

Spoiler for Arc 1 - Under The Sign Of The Sword:
*peers in*

I read this and I had to write this...

My name is Sigrid Odhinkar, a Knight of Beskanti. An attack the vessel I was in sent us uncontrolled into a wormhole! Now I'm lost in some other dimension on a world, a MAGICAL world, full of strange technologies! Help me, help me! Listen, please. Is there anybody out there who can hear me? I'm alone...the last survivor from the ship. I'm doing everything I can. I'm just looking for a way home.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 16:35   Link #13098
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
My name is Sigrid Odhinkar, a Knight of Beskanti. An attack the vessel I was in sent us uncontrolled into a wormhole! Now I'm lost in some other dimension on a world, a MAGICAL world, full of strange technologies! Help me, help me! Listen, please. Is there anybody out there who can hear me? I'm alone...the last survivor from the ship. I'm doing everything I can. I'm just looking for a way home.
"Sir, we have located a rescue signal. Seems like one of the nobles after the revolution occured gained some troubles."
"A noble? BAH, ignore the little rascal, they don't have a place here any longer!"

Old 2009-03-23, 16:36   Link #13099
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
*peers in*

I read this and I had to write this...

My name is Sigrid Odhinkar, a Knight of Beskanti. An attack the vessel I was in sent us uncontrolled into a wormhole! Now I'm lost in some other dimension on a world, a MAGICAL world, full of strange technologies! Help me, help me! Listen, please. Is there anybody out there who can hear me? I'm alone...the last survivor from the ship. I'm doing everything I can. I'm just looking for a way home... FML
I read that and had to change it

On that note crack challenge for you all if you're not aware of what FML is then google it. You challenge is to write an FML for one of the Nanoha characters. We need a whole collection people. Good luck and Hayate bless you.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 18:06   Link #13100
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Since I'd already written some crack this morning, I'm posting it instead of responding to Shiny's challenge. At least it has Zaffy...

This was inspired by the fact that my wife and I did some heavy spring cleaning in our apartment this past weekend. Well, mostly her, honestly, but to be fair it was almost entirely her stuff being sorted, moved, repacked, and put away. I was...the mule.

Spoiler for Spring Cleaning:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha