Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-21, 17:55   Link #1
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Mega Man anniversary collection

Comes out tomorrow!!!!

Its got 10 Mega man games and it only cost 30 bucks! Such a great deal. Its for Ps2 and GC, I think I'm going for the GC version since my Ps2 is dying.

Anyways I remember playing the older NES Mega Man games a ton when I was a kid and now I get to relive those glory days again. Its gonna be great! Who else is picking this up?

Its got Mega Man 1-8 and two arcade titles, Power Battle and Power Fighters.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 19:21   Link #2
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Comes out tomorrow!!!!

Its got 10 Mega man games and it only cost 30 bucks! Such a great deal. Its for Ps2 and GC, I think I'm going for the GC version since my Ps2 is dying.

Anyways I remember playing the older NES Mega Man games a ton when I was a kid and now I get to relive those glory days again. Its gonna be great! Who else is picking this up?

Its got Mega Man 1-8 and two arcade titles, Power Battle and Power Fighters.
I am! I'm getting both PS2 and GC, I love Rockman.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 22:34   Link #3
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I know I sure am!! I will most likely get it for GC but are there any good reasons behind getting both the PS2 and GC?
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 23:14   Link #4
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
I know I sure am!! I will most likely get it for GC but are there any good reasons behind getting both the PS2 and GC?
Both PS2 and GC have the same game collection, the difference is the extra content.
Old 2004-06-21, 23:28   Link #5
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
Both PS2 and GC have the same game collection, the difference is the extra content.
What kind of extra content?
Old 2004-06-21, 23:39   Link #6
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
What kind of extra content?
On the PS2, you get a full episode of the Mega Man animated series, while GameCube players get several producer interviews.
Old 2004-06-21, 23:51   Link #7
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
On the PS2, you get a full episode of the Mega Man animated series, while GameCube players get several producer interviews.
You mean from the Mega man show that was on tv a while back? The one where the theme song goes "Super fighting robots....MEGA MAN!!" ?
Old 2004-06-22, 05:37   Link #8
Fronzel
Schmuck

That thing sucked.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 17:14   Link #9
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

The Megaman cartoon was evil. I hate it! PS2 also is the only collection to have the remixed music.
Old 2004-06-26, 13:40   Link #10
DingoEnderZOE2

Just got it and boy The Mega man games that are out now(The ones with the platforming.) are nothing compared to some of the Old nes Mega man games. Man I can see why I quit some of the Old mega man games when I was young because the platformings and bosses were hard as hell. I never played Mega Man 1 and since I heard it was hard I thought I'd try it out.At first I was doing fine,The platforming wasn't to hard, I beat Gutsman,Cutman and Bombman easy But challenge would begin when I selected Elecman for my next targer. Elecman was a pain he was so damn fast and he Killed me with just 4 shots because that damn shot of his is powerful. I admitted defeat to him for now and I went to try Iceman he wasn't as fast as Elecman but his ice shots were still painfu andl I almost had him but he got me first. I admitted defeat for him too but I knew he wasn't gonna be a real pain later on since I got his pattern down and although his attacks hurt he wasn't as hard as Elecman. Then I tried Fireman he was just as fast as Elecman and his attacks were Ruthless he killed me easy too.....After that I just turned the game off and decided to play it later. What I'm trying to say is for those of you who are planing on getting this you better be ready because the Nes Mega man games are harder then you think. The bosses in the earlier games were really tough without the OH SO USEFUL Charged Mega Buster and Slide move. And so far the Platforming is tough(From what I been though so far anyway.)The platforming in Heatman's stage from Mega man 2 is hard. But don't be discouraged guys just keep practicing and learn from your mistakes and you will be fine.
Old 2004-06-28, 19:29   Link #11
Tommy
Mr. Prince

MM 1 isn't too hard, MM2 and 3 are easy, just beat MM4 last night and I think that was the hardest one of the 4 i've played so far, the bosses were definitly tougher then the previous 3.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-03, 06:42   Link #12
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I forgot how ridiculously violent was the X series. Some stories feel taken from Gundam due to the focus of a demise like a space colony and how pitiful are some bosses since most are just consumed by the Sigma virus.
Old 2023-04-08, 16:16   Link #13
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Playstation era went for more complex plots, and late 90s was a time where everything was taken to the Xtreme (though they actually made portable versions for that) plus it was a way to make X series stand out.

Very popular was the whole deconstruction thing where actions that were usually trivial had long term consequences. And of course the whole, "Are we the bad guys" thing. I can't really say I appreciate it much. The best plot went to Mega Man x6, but even that was kinda dumb at parts, much less the game itself

Sadly the writing would not be up to par when they churned out so many copies.

Though it didn't help that the NA translations tried to be edgy everywhere possible (eg having Mega Man try to actually kill Dr Wily in Mega Man 7), and of course having Bass the Hedgehog say damn occasionally. It was definitely something that would impress a bunch of kids though!

Nowadays it seems just more humorous than anything else, but it was big back then. And I just hated all the unskippable dialogue. Like if you watch speedruns of X5, a large part of it is scrolling through the text as fast as possible! Maybe even more than the actual gameplay.

Kinda funny how a few animations in the SNES era told a story much more concisely.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 06:33   Link #14
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

X might be one of the earliest tragic heroes in gaming. Depending on who writes him he more violent or sad though. I didn't really get what happened in X7 when X6 tried to give him a future or something.

Still, the ending of X8 is as negative as heck. They made this after the first Zero game so you kinda see how the war will escalate over and over. The one I still haven't played is Command Mission though which wasn't part of the compilation. Judging by X's personality there and redesign it kinda seems like an alternate future. Also, Mark Gatha as X is kinda insane. In X7, the MC says "I don't wanna lose anybody. Not even an enemy". Then in the sequel he goes "You Maverick scum!"

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2023-04-10 at 06:51.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 06:41   Link #15
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
MM 1 isn't too hard, MM2 and 3 are easy, just beat MM4 last night and I think that was the hardest one of the 4 i've played so far, the bosses were definitly tougher then the previous 3.
I found Skull Man and Pharaoh Man surprisingly tenacious with buster only. The rest are ok with some practice.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-17, 06:44   Link #16
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Playing GameCube's Command Mission. The enemy encounter rate is kinda exaggerated in this port. Still, it's kinda nice seeing Mega Man X in an RPG with this characterization. He sure sounds a lot more experienced and mature than in the main games. Zero also seems different in terms of personality but maybe it's because of how the game starts with him being betrayed